Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

COVID is OVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

friends in Korea are finally getting vaxxed, what are the two ingredients that caused allergic reactions? polyethylene glycol, and what else?

autism

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Did she ever do anything outside of The Guild and Fallout New Vegas?

The MST3k reboot for some reason

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Oh yeah, that sucked, and I forgot it existed

It's like they forgot that part of the appeal of the series is that you're still watching a movie, not just layering 18 different riffs over 5 or 6 seconds of silence with no room to breathe

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Hey uhh

I don’t know if any western media is reporting it (a quick google didn’t turn up results) but

Japanese friends are telling me Sonny Chiba refused to get vaccinated

Japan is surprisingly very vaccine hesitant, significantly more than the US

Yeah someone pointed that out to me earlier today, had no idea lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

euphronius posted:

who is more vaccinated:
MDs or JDs

I think it's CDs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

skewetoo posted:

Every year has been worse than the year preceding it. Why would 2022 be any different? :shrug:

Nah man there was that string of years in the 90s where things got more and more rad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

euphronius posted:

those years included the president being impeached and newt Gingrich being the speaker of the house lmao

Yeah it fuckin ruled

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Even as dumb as I knew Nate silver was I'm still astounded at the level of bad takes he has churned out throughout this entire pandemic

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ill wait on what the true professional, @ASPERGERDAD69, has to say

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

If anyone is curious how much it cost to get a script for ivermectin from push Heath.? $64 for script. Then I had them transfer the script to Healthwarehouse. $500 for 80 tablets. 😳Headed to tractor supply 😡😤

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol my wife refuses to get the vaccine and we literally fight about it every other day. I send her articles and videos and screenshots of people dying on facebook and she just ignores everything and thinks her immune system is great and will fight off anything. she's basically blocked my phone# at this point. not sure what else to do. I'm worried for my kids and feeling kinda helpless. soooo uhhh yeah lol?

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

oh god wait is that an actual post and not a reddit quote

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

models are suggesting a high likelyhood of mid-intensity cat 4

well gently caress

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

it can be cat 5, the waters are real warm this year :thumbsup:

So happy to not be in Houston anymore lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Yeah, that's pretty sad

If you're married, your money is her money is his money is everyone's money, splitting it is always a disaster.

it's really not, though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Should have gotten the Fizer shot

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

Getting that fun Iraq war feeling where I live in a completely different reality than the culture around me and accepted conventional wisdom is that everything is fine instead of hosed up and getting worse with every moment that passes without positive action.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Peter Daou Zen posted:

if you get Covid you’ll get to do a lot of drugs in the hospital :)

kiryu beatin up kuze, only its covid beating up a pair of lungs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

i'm not super concerned about covid in myself these days based on a variety of the available information, but i'm really concerned about giving a highly virulent variant to my infant son so you know swings and roundabouts.

for real if i got covid i'd probably (probably, lol) be ok, but I wouldn't even know what to do with a 7-month-old baby in the house, I'm guessing I just gently caress off to a motel and quarantine

maybe i just lock myself in the basement and close up my office like a posting hermit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

i don't get to watch dune in the theaters and that sucks op

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-04_frVkcY

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

naw, im enjoyin my 30s two years in, im makin more money, my brain isn't nearly as broken (in certain respects, it's definitely more broken in others lol), and ive got a bunch of my poo poo together, and im married and will (hopefully) never have to worry about dating again

makes me wish the world wasnt burning

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

[COVID-19] In fact, I am gay,

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

This was a plotline in Oz, there was a white supremacist with rotting gums and he got grafted with a dead guy's gums; the oral surgeon made sure to use the gums from a dead black guy and then let the Aryan Brotherhood guys know after the surgery so the one dude would get ostracized. He ended up ripping out his freshly implanted gums in a forlorn attempt to repurify his blood and rejoin the AB.

i thought the surgeon only suggested they could have come from a dead black guy to gently caress with him, and then the guy stupidly told Schillinger "yeah man, they could have come from ANYONE"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Consummate Professional posted:

I have not watched Oz and I don't think I want to now

it's a weird show that has a bunch of interesting plot threads, but unfortunately it craters during the last few seasons, complete with an episode laden with musical numbers.

it's just as terrible as you can imagine lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

holy gently caress that covidforever guy lmao

cspam is an interesting place

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

whats that

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Vaxx mandate is a great soft-purge of diehard chuds from life.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Covid needs to end so I can sit at a Jacks or Better machine, get drunk, and win $5

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Personally I can't wait for another 6-7 months of winter isolation, working remotely and smokin up occasionally on slow days rules :420:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

What a fuckin' trip and of course the entire thing overshadowed what was otherwise a really great trip.

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

a guy on NPR said things appear to be slowing down :)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

euphronius posted:

it’s hard to put myself in the position of a poc in American and say what they should or should not do

I work at a HBCU in the dc metro area and it has been tough even for mostly POC admins to reach out to large swathes of students, faculty, staff, etc, we're at the point now where we're like "gently caress it, we can't drop em all, just straight up pay them to get it"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mystes posted:

If that works then good

gently caress it pay everyone in the country $5000 to get vaccinated

we've floated doing it almost like a bounty system, if you got unvaccinated friends and poo poo bring em in, we'll pay you all at once and give you more too

we realized early on that paying people was cheaper than kicking students to the curb, particularly poc and the history of vaccinations/medicine/etc in the US which is uhhhhhhhhh not good obviously

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

another lockdown??? this is what liberals want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGYy9v2n1g0

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

loving hell im glad my daughter isnt old enough to worry about school yet, daycare is already stressful enough even with it being a home daycare with like 5 other kids, vaccinated staff, safer protocols for picking up/dropping off, etc

my brother in texas is still routinely putting up pics of his two going to dance classes and soccer and everyone just standing directly next to each other, not a mask in sight, jfc why play with fire like that, especially given they're otherwise educated non-chuds

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

prosecute Dr. Gero for unleashing Zuckerberg onto the world

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Laura Doomer