Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

Fentanyl IV bags used to be under literal lock and key on the IV pole because you can't trust those low incom- I MEAN DRUG SEEKING patients to not just steal it from another patient's IV.

I actually asked an ICU nurse last week when I had a patient with a fentanyl bag whatever happened to the ridiculous lockboxes (the first time you see one in a hospital is jarring and memorable imo) and she said we kept dropping them and breaking them because they're loving stupid/cumbersome so we don't use them anymore.

Also fun fact I've yet to see an IV pole that isn't just like any other telescoping pole where you can simply undo the retaining screw, pull the top pole out, then just walk away with your goody box.

I've never seen one of these except for the crazy PCA or epidural formulations. The pro move is to siphon out the narcs through the piggyback port and swap it w saline anyways. Tint the narc iv bags w methylene blue, I beg the pharmacist, but sadly to no avail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bullfrog posted:

reading this (fascinating btw) thread about the oath keepers and how they were hyping themselves up to a gun battle on j6 but then came across this pic and wondered... does anyone know what kind of gas masks these are?

https://twitter.com/seditiontrack/status/1481729842387292165

some kind of PAPR. Droplet & aerosol protection, fits anyone no matter of obesity/facial hair/whatever, and most importantly - not difficult to breath through so our enfeebled leadership won't pass out

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

can you fuckers start a new thread for bad covid tweets from a furry?

start your own thread if you wanna post your tweets

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

goth smoking cloves posted:

Lol, it would be functionally identical.

as much of a sellout he is, I don't want to see him burdened with this. Biden & Kamala deserve to be in charge of this shitpile

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zurtilik posted:

I mean, ultimately all that pollution is ending up in the hands of a consumer though, whether it be oil for cars, plastics for home goods, metal for various machines. Unless there's something I am missing? While I agree one consumer cannot change anything, I also don't know if everyone shrugging and saying well "The people who make the stuff I keep mindlessly consuming are the real polluters!"

We keep mindlessly consuming in large part because of the relentless onslaught of advertisements and marketing campaigns.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

lol this isn't even good protein content. there's some there but you'd probably get a similar to ratio of calories::protein with loving macaroni and cheese

1:1 sat fat: protein ratio is optimized for American lifestyles

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lovelyn posted:

saline flushes

lmao I can't even imagine. Would you just draw saline up in empty syringes?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

the hand washing thing taught me an important lesson that I sort of wish I never learned:
there are adults out there who think lathering your hands in sanitizer and wiping them on your pants counts as washing

If your hands aren’t soiled, what’s the difference?

Hand sanitizer is superior because it’s easier to use correctly. There’s a reason it’s recommended over hand washing for healthcare workers (unless visibly soiled )

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Wisest Moron posted:

Anyone use the Envo Mask N95s? They look amazingly comfortable. This review seemed pretty good:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9dpfoMdXG28

I have one and I love it. Got it for working out at the gym and it is subjectively easier to breath in than 3m + 7093. Main reason I got it is it looks less scary than half mask respirator. Downside is it kinda looks like a pig snout mask since it doesn't go below the chin.

I got it on sale for like $60 shipped and it's well worth it. Full price is steep but if you have the cash to spare go for it.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Im gonna make a conservative hot take and say that if you stay at a hospital like this as a HCW its your own drat fault. every healthcare facility is need of staff, you'll get another job the same day

e: ah its regional. ok canucks are outta luck

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

I wonder how many people needed to die for America to try and take covid seriously

if it killed kids and/or the wealthy

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

thats just cops not small town cops

if you're a white male with a smartphone, you can assert your rights quite aggressively. Source: me and all the 1st amendment auditors

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gio posted:

i like stickman 😡

Stickman owns and is correct here

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

like, why even compare COVID to the flu, especially when 1) you can apparently be reinfected after a few weeks, and 2) each subsequent variant is becoming more and more transmittable than the prior.

we’re 2+ years into this poo poo and idiots are STILL clinging to the “it’ll be endemic…….. eventually” line, it’s incredible.

define "endemic" in your own words, please

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

wikipedia literally defines endemic for infections as:

which is exactly what I originally said specific to COVID’s reproduction rate, which is currently going in the opposite direction of becoming endemic. If you’re trying to do the gotcha D&D dance then by all means please tell me when COVID’s R0 is going to hit 1 and truly become manageable and endemic, outside “eventually”

e:

exactly this

Look at the big picture and think years/decades not weeks or months. Over a long enough timeline, there’s two outcomes for infectious disease: they burn out, like SARS1 or MERS, or they average an R0 of ~1 …. aka endemic disease, like TB or influenza. That’s all it means, it has nothing to do with being manageable or mild or however the pundits are defining it.

If you don’t think it’s going to become endemic, the other possibility is that it burns through the population too fast to sustain itself. I don’t think that’s likely but anything is possible of course

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Another high school friend of mine was diagnosed with end stage renal disease at 41. A friend of my wife's has congestive heart failure at 40. People born in the late seventies / early eighties are turbo hosed up for some reason.

That’s just Pittsburgh

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I didn't grow up in Pittsburgh

*Updates spreadsheet, presses report button for false advertising *

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Fox posted:

I got a letter from the IRS *yesterday* after waiting 7+ months for a $300 refund saying they finally got around to looking at my tax returns and they're unsatisfied with the evidence I've provided that I paid for health insurance in 2020 and that I had 30 days to respond from the date of the letter.

The letter was dated 20 days ago.

wtf I thought the individual mandate is no longer

This is very unsettling

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

I wouldn't trust my life to a kickstarter mask. I'll take an industrial specific NIOSH solution.

Envo mask is NIOSH certified!!!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

I get that, I just really wish there was something out there that is basically the form factor of an Aura that had mostly re-usable components and you just popped in a new filter as needed. The Flo Mask is pretty close to that but as you said not NOISH certified so really I just wish companies like 3M and Honeywell would make Flo Mask competitors.

Envo mask is kinda small, I wonder if it would fit a kid. I can measure the dimensions for you in a bit

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

no chance it would never seal right

Much like a male walrus, we're looking for a tight seal :whatup:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JamesKPolk posted:

god drat is it that bad out there??? time to delete the apps again

Gotta roll the dice or be forever alone. Cold weather sucks because all you can do is inside stuff pretty much.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

bedpan posted:

Long ago I got very mad about people intentionally and unintentionally pushing "endemic=harmless" but the anger turned to depression and apathy. Horrible, awful things are endemic.

I can't worry about that now. I spend my energy on trying to prevent catching COVID.

I'm an insufferable nerd, the most aggravating part to me personally is misusing the word 'endemic'. It's not a noun!!!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Barnesworth posted:

if we all set ourselves on fire simultaneously do we achieve herd inflammability?

flammable & inflammable are synonyms :eng101:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

What's the goonsensus on dates to use to compare Biden and Trump's covid deaths?

Since Biden did literally nothing about covid besides distribute the vaccines trump funded and pledged to buy, I don't feel like Biden should get to put all the deaths in February on trump's plate.

Bunch of dates to use:
11/4/20 when trump was no longer "in charge" -245k dead then
12/1/20, when infections before election day had turned into deaths - 288k dead
Edit 1/6 when trump got couped and no longer had any power or social media access would be a fun cutoff - 390k
1/20/21 when Biden got sworn in -435k dead. 886k dead on 1/20/22, and likely will backfill higher, so Biden higher than Trump here
2/20/21 - when all the infections before inauguration day had turned into deaths - 520k dead. Biden probably doesnt hit 520k from this date
Edit : 3/1 - one year from first death, counts deaths from secondary infections prior to inaug day - 539k. Biden probably doesn't break this one either

Also 500k dead on worldometers is 2/10/21
Of course there's the issue of comparing total months vs making sure each president gets responsibility for the winter wave

Edit for last one, if assume 2k dead/day for next 21 days (it's higher now but should start dropping) that gets us to 950k total a year after everything is on Biden, which would be under half the total death compared to trump

I don't think the exact details matter, the dumb mother fucker had pretty drat good vaccines fall into his lap from the start of his presidency. Having any comparable number of deaths under his term is an abject failure. If he had any shame at all he would self-exile into the frozen wilderness

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lovelyn posted:

"He's doing great! They weaned his vent to 90%!"

Lololol

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That particular picture is from a town of 8-9k that has just completely ceased to function on any level larger than the family or business level. Garbage collection was privatized and is now charged by weight, you drop it off, and most people can't afford it so they take their trash up to the hills and burn it in giant waste piles.

I lived in McAllister Montana, a "community" consisting of a post office and a bar and even they managed to have a public trash dump. Granted, I just checked and the median home price for sale is a cool $1.1m so the property taxes probably covered it.

I really enjoy your posts about rural Pennsylvania, it's an interesting window into an under-reported part of america

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

also while cruising around that town on Google Maps I just found this

what the christ

I see these everywhere in Chicago. Granted I stay over on the less affluent Southside but they are at every intersection. No clue what the business model is about

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol I wish I could just say I'm tired of something that I have no control over and it would go away

Won't SOMEONE rid me of this pesky virus?

You can, through the power of self-delusion. Reject any information that threatens your worldview and carry on in blissful, willful ignorance

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CPU Abuser posted:

Honestly, I feel sorry for people like this.

They had all the inquisitiveness of childhood systematically beaten out of them by K-12 and external society both together.

By the time they're adults, the very act of digging through research to create a picture of the threat, in other words a layman-level threat estimate, is simply inconceivable.

Understanding what this crap does, and what it doesn't do, and how, isn't going to make you any safer all by itself. But it does improve familiarity with the threat. All by itself.

And I can tell you, from abundant personal experience, that familiarity is the best antidote to the sort of uncomprehending shock meowmers expresses in her tweet.

idk just sounds like an exasperated mom venting.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The First Time I heard a Boston accent I thought they were loving w me

"cheesebuhgah" .... C'mon that's not real

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hospitalists work 16+ hour shifts as a matter of course

maybe a small percentage do but that's certainly not the norm for attending physicians. Also he's not a hospitalist but a family medicine PCP, and he was in residency at the time.

It's very unlikely to me that he faked it, he "talks the talk" and hasn't slipped up that I can recall. As Dr Ghandi et al have demonstrated plenty of docs are dumb outside their field of expertise (and often within it too).

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ornery and Hornery posted:

that’s a good piece of info

my concern was that I’d show up to my pcp and they’d just be like “yeah poo poo sucks we can’t do anything, thanks for venturing into this Covid pit to pay me money”

they'll refer you to a pulmonologist where they'll perform some lung function tests and give you some asthma meds.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

It's just really funny to say he's not a doctor because saying he's not a doctor makes him very mad.

yeah idk why I'm defending his honor.

My armchair psychologist take: he's a family medicine PCP, the least competitive specialty with the lowest compensation facing the greatest threat from mid-level providers. As a resident, he never got the respect & adulation he expected would come w an MD until covid hit and he had hundreds of goons eating up his every word. For someone who is clearly insecure and a bit of a narcissist (the guy never failed to take the bait when getting trolled and would go to some lengths to prove his superiority over us), it was like a drug.

There have been other physicians posting itt--some real rockstars like emerg med, anaesthesiology, cardiac anes, etc--but they are low key about it and downplay their positions. Draw your own conclusions as to why they don't feel the need to write flowery vignettes about their last shift

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

Remember when a guy who had a puppet of a dead terrorist that would shout Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad and a jalapeno on a stick was considered one of the biggest names in comedy for like 10 years?

Clumsy racism like this makes me laugh bc it's so loving stupid. Arabic doesnt sound like durka durka, who tf came up with it

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

When I went to a pulmonologist and did testing for my lungs, the result was 'hmm, those are weird numbers, oh well, you'll get your bill in the mail bye."

yes this is always a possibility

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Getting a third-party perspective on your issues from someone who is at least somewhat impartial & non judgemental is a good thing. Being able to tell them things you can't tell anyone else is nice too.

It's not a panacea but everyone I know irl who sees one agrees that they're helpful, if not necessarily worth the money

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The best part was another posting from that site asking him if he was ok .. he was too hosed up for the niche hentai site

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

What’s interesting is that fit testing is intended to be done semiannually to assess, well, fit. Flaws in respirators could slip by unnoticed for months. Actually, it’s worse than that, because occupational fit testing is often done with a respirator set aside just for that purpose, not the worker’s own.

Where are you getting this from? I’ve been fit tested a half dozen times and they give you a new disposable n95 for it .. Why would they re-use a disposable n95 on different people :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mycomancy posted:

Lol Jesus I forgot about this tweet. What an incredibly stupid, useless piece of poo poo to not be able to make coffee in your own home! A coffee maker costs like $50 for a totally tricked out one! Or even get a Keurig if your nanometer-smooth brain can't figure out how to scoop preground coffee into a paper filter! loving hell!

“You just don’t understand the special nature of gas station coffee” was his defense iirc