Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

first page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

damnit

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

me, observing the only country on earth that mass tests the entire population of cities following a single case after it reports six new cases:

FAKE NEWS

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

lol @ glenn

but it is kinda disappointing to see max blumenthal so totally and utterly wrong on covid when his anti-imperialist record is so good

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah, but it isn't surprising that the good journos obsessed with civil liberties would be against mandates and lockdowns.

i guess. from what i've heard on moderate rebels, they seemed capable of considering questions like "is having a good life more important than imaginary friends like freedom and liberty?" in certain non-US contexts, so i found it a little surprising that max could be so loving dumb on something so obvious.

i should have known though. all your heroes are dead, or whatever

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

i need this emoji in the reaction

can you link to it on imgur or something like that plz ty

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

:ssh: It's an SA smilie, I uploaded a lot of our emoticons to my company Slack (I should never had admin privileges anywhere)

huh, i've uploaded a bunch of the SA emojis too but never noticed that one. i'll have to look for it. thanks!

double edit: still can't find it lol

edit: cat tax

this is my friend's cat, not mine. chillin on the couch i got for my cat which was rudely rejected. now it belongs to friend's cat

Soap Scum fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 20, 2021

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

I can't find it either. I thought it was :nod: oh well :shrug:

plz enjoy

oh hell yeah tyty

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

and also buy buttons, fridge magnets, or bottle openers(2.25" only) of it here! (if you want magnets or bottle openers, put it in the comment)

do you sell stickers or no

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

I do not yet, been considering it though. I have the apparatus for buttons, and would have to outsource the stickers.

ah, gotcha. i don't really have things to place buttons or use fridge magnets but if it's cost negative for you of course no biggie

Rubby posted:

You can get stickers here if he doesn't:

https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one/accessories/sticker

...they also do beach towels? for... reasons? I guess.. loving hell. What even is life anymore.

oh word, will check it out, ty

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

need Phil Valentine updates? well

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValentineDeathWatch/

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Are respirators better for preventing getting coronavirus?

yes. the only thing better is like, a SCUBA tank

check first post for more details. i'm sure more respirator crew people will chime in too

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

lol that the generation that make fun of kids for supposedly eating tide pods is giving themselves liver poisoning with horse dewormer

not to mention cancer lungs with colloidal silver

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

bad boys for life posted:

also what the gently caress, people are inhaling silver?

....you're not??

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

loving lol @ this thread on reddit of people commenting on the australia/sydney situation saying ELIMINATING COVID IS SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/p9w608/zero_covid_just_not_possible_nsw_premier_gladys/

and the one person who says "uhhhh china did it, without high vax rate, and in the face of delta" got downvoted into oblivion lol

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

The Saucer Hovers posted:

friends sister and niece had alpha, got jabbed, now have delta

they say its easier this time around

i've been hearing it's easier to get delta yeah

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

etalian posted:

China did it because they had Comrade Xi's consistent vision and also application of nation state level resources to solve the crisis.

In Australia by contrast you have people who live in NSW (Why the lockdown / Let's be like Florida!!)

yeah, very disappointing that so many people clamor for death even in the face of a much denser, much more highly populated counter-example to their claims of inevitable death

even their own death!

even moreso because stopping this thing doesn't require much more than a talented tenth grader's project planning capacity. another poster in here in china said it mostly amounts to "army provides bulk food, HOA-things deliver it to your door, doctors test you." like, come the gently caress on

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

SirPablo posted:

My ten year old daughter's plan to get rid of covid.

1. Get rid of Facebook.
2. Wear suits.
3. Wear a face shield.
4. Wear two masks (the special kind). kn95
5. Load up on food at Costco.
6. Stay home until it's over.
7. School online, because people are stupid.
8. Everyone get the vaccine, quit being stupid about it.

have you not taught your 10 year old daughter what a guillotine is

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

okay which one of you was this

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

is there some intuitive reason why llamas should have antibodies that are especially good at handling sars-cov-2? like, "they've always lived near bat caves" would make sense to me for example, but i really don't think it's that

e: like i see in the article that llamas have very small antibodies -- but why would they have smaller antibodies than other related species, for example

Soap Scum fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 24, 2021

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

hey respirator crew people, question or two.

1) where is the mega-post with all the respirator advice? like babby's first respirator attempt stuff

2) my friend working in a COVID unit decided of her own accord to try a 3M 6200 series with P100s instead of an N95 because she trusts it more, but she says it hurts her face a lot. i feel like her head is pretty average sized, has a relatively small nose, so i'm not really clear on what could be going wrong there. is there [a] anything she should try re: adjusting a 6200, or [b] a different model people have generally found to be more comfortable?

thanks!

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

stone soup posted:

1) quoted in the first post under PPE

2) the 3M 6200 looks like its moulded plastic style; your friend should try a silicon 1/2 mask like 3M's secure click or Honeywell's RU8500 series. ive worn mine (RU8500) for 4+ hours at a time with no discomfort

make sure to reference the sizing chart to make sure that your friend is getting a mask that fits properly, too.

gradenko_2000 posted:

there are two pairs of straps on the 3M 6200 that adjusts how tight the face-fit is. you can tell her to try loosening them, as long as it still passes a seal test it should be fine

thank you to both! found the relevant link in OP, wasn't looking hard enough. will relay this all 🙏

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

hey wait, this friend i'm talking about is in the philippines actually. do you know a good place for her to buy either 3M 6500s or Honeywell there?

e: specifically i think in the southern part of manila if IRL is better than online

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

word, some quality 6200 education right here. sending along. tyty

...and again if anyone sees this and knows where to buy silicon half-face respirators in philippines/manila please let me know tyia

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

if anyone can get gradenko's attention [i don't have pms :( ] and point to this post, it would be hugely appreciated. my nurse friend in manila who has a congenital heart condition that makes her very scared of contracting covid is trying to get a more comfortable respirator than the 3M 6200 and i'm curious if he has advice on where is a reliable place to get something good/quickly/not price-gouged for someone there.

if anyone else reading this happens to be there too or somehow know anyway, also very appreciated. thanks all

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

thank you to all three!

for kreeblah and kalensc, what was the shipping time like (and what country are you in)? and helith thank you so much :)

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

kalensc posted:

I tossed in a 10lb order to the Philippines into the shipping estimator and it listed 52USD for economy 5-10 days and 75ish for UPS 1-4 days.

huh okay, that's better than i thought, this is a good option if she can't find anything local, thank you!

Kreeblah posted:

Well, poo poo. My reading comprehension is apparently poo poo today. I missed the part about Manila.

haha it's okay, i still appreciate it and it seems still possible and straightforward enough with their MyUS integration. thank you!

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

oh poo poo i hadn't seen this when i responded above, sending right now, thank you so much! i think with this and the advice compilation linked in the OP we should be able to handle it from here, but yeah will find you via that last paragraph if she needs further advice. seriously thanks a ton, super super appreciated

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Shitpostradomus posted:

I'm more pissed off that I'm over 7'2".

why are you posting on dead comedy forums instead of playing in the nba? joel embiid's knees could disintegrate at any moment. the city needs you.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

ram dass in hell posted:

a lot of you owe us an apology for underposting

sorry

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Hungry posted:

Add a +1 to the vaxxmaxxed, that's a third shot of the Pfizer goo into my arm.

Despite everything going on, there's still this little traitor twinge of guilt in my heart that feels bad for not "following the rules". gently caress.

lol rules-follower

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

my covid escape has been world of warcraft classic lately but that just suddenly unexpectedly ended for good today

wait what happened to wow classic o.O

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

nothing, it's fine, but it's over for me

oh, i see. well, sucks, hope you find a good replacement somehow though

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

[COVID-19] 😡 mask

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i loving wish i could use emoji in thread titles

it ok i appreciate and am honored

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Chamale posted:

I'm curious about the study that said China's excess deaths are much higher than their official numbers (along with every other large country), but I'm not ready to accept its conclusions until I know more about the methodology and data.

here is my 100% accurate prediction at the methodology:

"it is true for every country in the world except for china and we're really mad about that"

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Close. A gigantic worldwide manufacturing company decided that vaccinations are mandatory for all employees. Much :qq:

which one

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

sps sps sps sps sps sps sps sps sps

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

i dared to post on r/coronavirus that china has, in fact, contained covid successfully in the face of delta

can't believe i touched the poop but i couldn't stop myself

the result was someone asking how "winnie the pooh's" rear end in a top hat tastes

good arguments over there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

not sure but judging from the context i would guess it is at least covid free so that's alright i guess unless you're very sex shamey or whatever