Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

Need to know how much is in the jar first

Also if you have been trying unsuccessfully for SIX YEARS please go see a doctor

Just enjoy that DINK lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Drive across I-80 and enjoy the engineering marvel that is the straightest stretch of interstate in the US!

Don't east/west interstates have to correct every so often?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Those fuckers aren't cheap which is why you can easily find garbage horses for free.

And that place is called Aldi.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

The_Franz posted:

Actually, he can probably get off the hook if he gets a lawyer and shuts the gently caress up. They have no proof that he was personally driving the car at the time of the crash, and even if he admits to driving the vehicle, there is no proof that he was drunk at that time.

My rear end in a top hat cousin did this once. He crashed his Festiva (lol) because he was drinking and trying to open a can of chew at the same time. He nearly bit his tongue off in the crash, and grabbed all his documents and the license plate and walked about a half mile home. He didn't answer the door when the cops came by, and waited long enough so that he couldn't be charged with anything (because they didn't have any proof he was driving).

Assholes get away with poo poo because they keep their mouth shut.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

She’s a selfish parent who lacking further information at no point spoke to her daughter in any serious, respectful way about her feelings involving the divorce. Probably no therapy, either. Also just lol at “met probably too many of her father’s female guests” c’mon.

She's selfish because she wants to have a relationship with another adult that isn't her ex-husband? I'm pretty sure a 12-year old girl is manipulative enough to know that she can do whatever she wants at one parent's house, and the other has some rules, and she knows which she'd rather be in.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, that's an insanely lovely prank.

Have something with a sweet ending to take the taste away:

AITA for telling my wife to stop acting like we're not in a movie?

(*just noticed title, should be "acting like we're in a movie")

Awww, now I kinda want my wife to do these with me. Not to post online, just to do them :3:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

keep punching joe posted:

I don't think you're actually allowed to represent yourself in court in the Scotland/England for a criminal case, you would have a court appointed Barrister/Advocate or a Solicitor Advocate.

edit: actually you can represent yourself, it's a really bad idea.

Do they still make you wear a big black cape, a funny tie, and some sort of powdered wig when you represent yourself?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

Considering this line:

I'm guessing it's because he thinks it's childish bullshit, and childish things should be dropped the instant you become An Adult

I mean, I loved Final Fantasy when I was a kid but I'm 40 now and I don't put up wall scrolls of anime and videogame characters anymore. Maybe the C&H painting just sucks?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

The Diddler posted:

It's cool to be old and life an un-fun life (whatever floats your boat and all that), but you can be old and also put fun stuff on your walls fyi

Oh I have fun stuff, you should see my Birds of Prey painting (it's a recreation of the Last Supper but with raptors instead)! But I mean, sometimes you just leave your childhood where it is. It's OK, sometimes we just grow out of things.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
That's smart parenting. These stories sound like the leads into those true crime interrogation videos on YouTube.

Re: the Reddit post: At least go over and see it for yourself and meet the parents. You can always be cordial and then never return if you feel unsafe about it.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Being a piece of poo poo to a 4-year old grandchild and your son who is being a great uncle. Just normal things.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Runcible Cat posted:

Probably transphobia, but a new extra-stupid flavour:

AITA for being too dismissive about the "concerns" that a parent had about my song choices at my daughter's birthday party?

Maybe the concerned parent just really hates Donny Osmond?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Blue Moonlight posted:

r/relationships: Edit 3: he is not a cat.

I was just about to post this exact same thing, dammit!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Clocks posted:

I have self-esteem issues so I prefer to wear makeup. I think people who are confident about not wearing makeup are super cool. :3:

makeup ain't doing poo poo for what I'm working with.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlsjEP7L-k

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeah the vape carts that smell like candy are tobacco ones. the weed ones definitely exude a concentrated aroma d'ouid when you exhale so you have to be careful where you're doing it.

Lots of weed carts are also filled with that same flavor/scent combo. You can totally vape weed inconspicuously in public.

You still look like a vaping douche, but you stop caring when the THC hits.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
It looks like trump tweets to me. Just random incoherent poo poo that almost wants to make sense but never really does.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Runcible Cat posted:

Pretty good burn:

AITA for making a joke about my GF's Mum being lazy?
Yesterday my GF made a throwaway comment about how she hopes she has her Mum's figure when she's that age, and how her Mum has the arse of a 21 year old. I said I couldn't comment as she's not been off it for 3 years, so I can't remember what it looks like

:rubby:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Wedding videographers are so bad with money. It's like fireworks or concert videos, except way more expensive.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Nothing would turn me into a curmudgeon faster than having to attend a high school graduation every year.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh. Oh god.

Hey uh... jesus this is long.

My (F50) Daughter in law (24F) gave birth and doesn't seem to want a relationship with me

Remember this story where the mother in law was SO AGGRIEVED that her son and DIL didn't visit her after DIL spent three loving days in labor? She did everything from question the doctor's diagnosis to pitching a fit that she didn't get a phone call during recovery. Remember how it got updates where her trying to find legal advice for grandparent's rights? And then a friend of hers informed the DIL about it so they could take preemptive measures?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BestofRedditorUpdates/comments/13wsuoi/shes_back_my_f50_daughter_in_law_24f_gave_birth/

There's. More. This is a NOVEL of text, so I'm only gonna post what I don't think was posted here.

******NEW Post: May 22, 2023 (2.5 months from OG Post. New Username)*****

AITA for removing my son from my will after our relationship ended?

People figure out it's the same woman because she has a pretty distinctive typo style.

Update Post to AITA: May 24, 2023

comment from OOP when her post was crossposted to r/AmITheDevil

I, sadly, anticipate watching a true crime JCS-type video about this woman in the near future.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah, her edit about “I listened to you all and broke up with him. He’s just a deadbeat loser who wanted my money, get hosed!” was really gross. Dude is clearly a struggling dad trying to make ends meet and she’s insanely privileged and treated him as a disposable novelty that she could toss away as soon as she got bored. It’s true that she doesn’t have to let him live there for free and even as unfair as it was it still would’ve been to his advantage to live there and pay what she asked, but her response to the situation is ugly as gently caress

Everyone can suck in a situation. That guy was an idiot for thinking he should get to live for free (along with his family!) and she sucks for tossing him aside when he was extremely vulnerable.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Cowslips Warren posted:

I loving hate the idea of every school year end being a graduation.

It's probably the 5 year old kids who are getting ready to enter kindergarten. My son just had his, and it was adorable :3:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I worked in a call center. In the "getting to know your teammates" portion of the group training session, a woman finished the "I just love my ___" blank with her sporty Pontiac Sunfire.

I just remained silent :geno:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Knives are not a single-use item.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I met a throuple with no kids and was insanely jealous at their lifestyle. I hope they're still together, spending money on dumb poo poo and happily loving each other.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
*honks a tin horn seductively*

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Shifty Pony posted:

..., and nobody else basically never happened except for extreme situations. Turns out there's a drat good reason for that!
I've read this over and over and I still don't understand what you were going for.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Shifty Pony posted:

I should have made two sentences there, sorry.

"two parents, kids, and nobody else" -subject

"basically never happened" - predicate

"except for extreme situations." - modifier

I was saying that the situation during Covid was extremely unusual historically. It was the sort of thing that only happened when it couldn't be avoided, like when a single family was the last remaining people at a remote settlement.

Ah, gotcha.

We had our first in 2018, and he turned 2 right as COVID broke out. Why we decided a second child was a smart idea in 2021, that I cannot explain.

Daycare during COVID was only possible because my wife was WFH and I could take the older child into my office when I wasn't traveling. There were times the entire classroom was closed due to teachers being sick, and many other stupid scenarios that made it so difficult.

And now we're paying 660 bucks a week for the privilege. At least until the end of August, when my oldest starts public school.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"I wish you would show your emotions more. No, not like that"

Man, this thread has finally hit me firmly in the personal feels. It sucks getting called a robot, then a big pussy when you finally show some emotions.

I think I need a break from this thread, and a long walk alone.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

Let's have some good content.

AITA for not asking my father to walk me down the aisle?

UPDATE: AITA for not asking my father to walk me down the aisle?

:3:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
That's a tough one. There's no way to give a very expensive gift without someone finding fault with it.

I guess she could have done it in private, but then it would look like they're loving on the side or something. Maybe the answer is no one gets to have nice things, ever.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I agree, an apology would go a long way. I don't understand why people find it so hard to say sorry when they've made things awkward. It costs a lot less than a $2500 watch.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
She sounds like one of the various people we play with in our discord server. We're all old and married, most have kids, and we just like to play games and be positive influences in each other's lives.

It's actually really great. It's one of the best things about living in 2023.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I went to a dry wedding once. It was blissfully short.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I can easily attend a wedding without alcohol. That's why we have weed edibles.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
If your goal is to return to the ashes your came from, sure. Be one with nature.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA I shouted at the bride's son at her own wedding after he broke my camera.
*Checks calendar*

Well, I'll be! 2 Tuesdays this week!

Castaign posted:

Tuesdayed by a single minute.

Beaten by better :tipshat:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Runcible Cat posted:

A good mod? On reddit? I call fake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

trickybiscuits posted:

Warning: estranged parent poo poo ahead

Dad has bad vibes and is unpleasant to be around

These kids suck. Maybe their parents should have raised them better.