Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The actual best Emulation used to be on the GC because the emulator was tailored for the game.

https://youtu.be/ounQZv1MFNA

TLDR it’s steadily gotten worse but used to be really great on the GC then a little worse on the Wii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I watched Vinny play Vice City and San Andreas for about two and a half hours on the Switch and it looked fine. I have no idea what random people on Twitter/Youtube are freaking out about.

Vice City looked a bit janky though, like frames were completely missing from some animations and it sort of made Tommy look like a claymation figure with how jerky he moved but it's not that big a deal. The physics are also pretty wacky (he ran into a pole and it just kind of slowly floated into the air and hovered over his car) but that honestly seems to track with how I remember them being in the original versions too. Some framerate drops too but that doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some people (it bothered Vinny a bit more than me) but overall it looks perfectly fine.

Then he played San Andreas and it looked completely fine. The character models were kinda ugly but not all that bad. It looked like it ran much smoother too, and he even hit some rain and despite all those videos and screenshots on Twitter about how the game is completely unplayable during rain it didn't look like a problem at all.

I probably won't be getting it anytime soon but it's nice to know that the games play perfectly fine and people are just overreacting over poo poo that isn't a big deal in the slightest.

lol
Edit: and lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Harrow posted:

It's very good

One note is that it's much less about dungeon crawling, though. A lot of the game takes place in big, open areas (with a ton to explore, lots of hidden things, and lots of verticality) rather than dungeon crawls.

I feel very confident saying that if you like mainline SMT at all, you'll like SMTV.

So it’s essentially SMTV BoTW?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stux posted:

its not open world, its just Outside.

I appreciate this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

do NOT click on any of his links. I clicked on one accidentally and now my iphone calendar is filled with pervert spam

I click on every single one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beastie posted:

1719 days no Pocket Card Jockey sequel what the hell

The biggest travesty in gaming.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Your Computer posted:

would you recommend it to someone who has never played the game before

I’d wait for the remake personally.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

The remake isn't on the switch, making it objectively inferior

It will be on the switch pro though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I don’t read books because it lets me enjoy the live action versions of their adaptations without having a meltdown that something wasn’t book accurate.

The WoT thread is a pretty good example of this.

(Ok maybe not meltdowns but you get the idea).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Just got a text from a friend I hadn't heard from in ages, was looking for the name of that one tactics RPG where you could recruit the monsters.

It was Tactics Ogre and for some bizarre reason there does not(?) appear to be a version on the Switch, unless you count PPSSPP running on a hacked Switch.

He asked me how hard it would be to hack his Switch and I said don't bother.

But he did end up with Loop Hero and Saints Row IV so mission accomplished?

Just spend like 50-100 on a dedicated retro device that can do everything up to ps1 no problem.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

So, a Kindle Fire with an emulator and controller support?

No like this

https://youtu.be/d7GXZ2wpA9U

$52

Or the RG351 devices that are like $89

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Though Loop Hero'll keep 'im busy for a bit I bet.

Fwiw loop hero is free on the epic store today if anyone wanted the pc version.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m playing the PC version but Rune Factory 4 special edition is such a treat to play. I can’t wait for 5 to come out.

It’s anime but it’s definitely got some charm to it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The hori pad is really a goddamned game changer when it comes to mobile play
so much better than any of the grips

I love the hori split pad but I wish there was more weight to it. It feels just a bit too hallow.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BoTW2 is a switch pro exclusive.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Watching a LP of Rune Factory 5 and it looks pretty good tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Anyone playing tactics ogre? I imagine its perfect for switch

It’s perfect for every system

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

There have been poor frame rates on Nintendo consoles going back to the NES. You're not a True NEShead unless it's been ingrained into you to accept lovely frame rates when too many pixels show up on the screen.

Like seriously, if you dont want to complain about frame rates, go spend $2000 on a 4090 and shut the gently caress up or accept that a $350 system is going to have some limitations

lol

Sounds like Stockholm syndrome to me.

Maybe the devs could actually do better work and work with the limitations that the system has so they can provide a smooth experience to the end user.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

we're talking about video games, dude.

Oh my bad,

hyrule kingdom syndrome

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pokémon games are for literal children.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well huh….

https://twitter.com/xboxp3/status/1600342335845724160?s=46&t=GwR3uFweeva1pvjFBxhDZg

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

It will either be via cloud versions (lol multiplayer) or ports of the already existing mobile version. They’re just doing this to make Sony look bad for whining and trying to block the merger.

https://twitter.com/BradSmi/status/...ingawful.com%2F

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nintendo brain

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/oliwelsh/status...ingawful.com%2F

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

The Switch is truly dead if Nintendo's most beloved and respected third party developer is jumping ship like this

I'd really love to know the details behind this tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

It’s a phone port of a 3DS game. Hope this helps.

Wow you don't say

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

No, and especially since Nvidia has a bunch of custom extensions on their Tegra platform specific to their chips. And this chip is also customized for Nintendo.

Yeah Nintendo could pay for a custom chip like steam did but Nintendo is pretty cheap so I am not sure they’d go that route.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nvidia has invested heavily into the automotive industry with its new chips (which the switch chip was also used in). The switch sales are a drop in the bucket for them.

They could probably go with AMD who has a much smaller market share and is more willing to do the custom stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nvidia has contracts for 30 different car manufacturers.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How much of a pain is it to get 2FA removed from your Nintendo account? Apparently when I migrated to my new phone my google authentication app didn’t migrate my Nintendo codes (it did for discord and others though) and I can’t for the life of me find the screen shot of the backup codes I took.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Len posted:

It involves a phone call to tech support, they'll ask some questions and then be able to remove your 2fa.

Assuming you didn't lose everything in a fire then they tell you to gently caress off :wtc:

Ok thanks! I swear I saved the screen shot of the codes but :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stux posted:

at least you know its definitely your kid because youre both stupid as gently caress

:yeah:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I'm halfway into Tears of the Kingdom and... Eh...

It's enjoyable, but falls short compared to "Breath Of The Wild."

Yeah usually expansions aren't nearly as good as the base game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m wanking alright

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

otter posted:

I also really like the nitro deck. Even more so when I figured out there's a tiny button on the back which you can use to dim the light of the home button.

The vibration on it is not awesome though. I turned it off when my wife got all snippy about the buzzing while I was playing Arceus.

I’m not sold on mine yet. I think the right stick placement is off a bit. I need to put more time into it but I’m not completely sold on it yet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m not sure most people can handle 8 inches.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Looper posted:

when the pixel remasters were first announced i didn't think I'd have any interest in ff1 but it's actually pretty sick, i can only imagine being a kid in 1987, getting to the flying fortress, and seeing that it's a freaking space station

wtf spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Do you guys remember when mario 3 launched and they got a shitload of kids to wear colored shirts to make a mario face you could see from orbit? Jesus christ how did they do that

That never happened