Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm a loving weirdo and totally can't hang with Pikmin.

Get rid of the timer and it's a great awesome game. But with the timer it's just too stressful. It does not make sense for me to be this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Probably because it's a bootleg.

Even when they're sold by Amazon itself bootlegs can squeak through. I bought a bad one last year.

You can dock it into a computer to check the storage and see if it's legit. Hopefully it is since that's a baller price.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Xenoblade 2: The blade gacha is terrible and annoying and there's a character who is very good but also will not shut up during battle and fights with a robotic gently caress doll.

Aside from that it's a decent game.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Did they discontinue the lites? My wife wants to buy herself one for her birthday.

They don't seem to be avaliable anywhere anymore. She's not interested in an OLED model, which is too bad because I love mine.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm excited for the Front Mission remake. It absolutely came out of left field during that direct.

Can't wait to see my boy Roid and his puffy hair

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

dr.acula posted:

Getting overwhelming nostalgia from those magazine covers shown on the side

The Ninja Gaiden issue was my first. I've still got it in the basement too. I think it was like the fourth or fifth overall issue too?

We subscribed to NP for years and years, from first grade until my younger brother graduated from high school. Dang I can't wait to watch that.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Palmtree Panic posted:

Did BotW have fishing? I just bombed the water and collected my fish carcasses.

I was a lightning arrow man myself. I know, I know, bombs are free and limitless, but I loved that sweet sweet yellow lightning.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I gave up on elden ring because I got good enough to realize I'd never "git gud"

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Even if an Earthbound remake used the engine from the Link's Awakening remake it would be loving rad.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

An Actual Princess posted:

"even if"? the link's awakening remake was amazing. they should reuse that engine for oracle remakes.

"Even if" because they were talking about a claymation style remake.

I love the graphics in the LA remake and don't give a fuuuuuck about the framerate

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 8, 2022

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

The handstand into huge backflip is neat.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Alan_Shore posted:

Is it good? It's on my watchlist!

Yeah its fun! It's basic and weird but it's exactly what it says it is.

I'd definitely wait for a sale.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

KingSlime posted:

Just met Riki in Xenoblade...

I take my earlier very enthusiastic praise back!! This is a Bad Videogame

Don't play xenoblade 2! The nopon has a fuckdoll and doesn't ever shut up. Ever.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Minish Cap is an excellent Zelda.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Mister Facetious posted:

Finally, the second of only two psp games worth owning is finally going to be on the Switch.

Yeah and I hope we get that Tactics Ogre remake or whatever.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm also excited for the Front Mission remake.

I hope they don't Advance Wars it.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Sudden Javelin posted:

my comfort ring is one displayed by a man also wearing a ring of his own

Also my favorite. Has been for years.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm about an hour into Little Noah and it's a fun mash up of a metroidvania and a roguelike.

The enemies you fight can be discovered in chests and equipped as weapons with different effects. The little mouse guys have a weak slash, and things like mage monsters have elemental attacks. Some are fast, some are slow.

After you die each monster and relic you have equipped during the run turn into permanent currency that can upgrade your stats. Like the purple stuff in Hades.

Game good so far? Like I said I'm only an hour into it and haven't cleared the first world but it looks and plays great.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I just finished a playthrough of LUCT a couple of weeks ago, it's one of my favorite games.

I wonder if they'll tweak crafting? Even with savestates, savescumming that poo poo is a pain in the rear end.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm just about done with chapter 4. So far no mentions of Shulk or Rex and none of the nopons I've come across have been legally obligated to tell me they are sexual offenders.

I assume you'll get a nopon in your party at some point right? Do they shut the gently caress up in battle or is it still a nonstop cavalcade of MMEMEMEME MEHHMEHHHH?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Remake every 2-D Zelda in the Link’s Awakening Switch engine

Edit: the DS ones count

Do Earthbound in it too.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm gonna be Oddjob. Slappers only.

The most frustrating opponent.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm horny. You're horny. We're horny.

But why horny about video games? Why horny?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I thought Chasm was pretty okay for a metroidvania too.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Takoluka posted:

Lady Yuna... Wakka... Lulu... STAR PLAYER OF THE ZANARKAND ABES... Rikku...

Ever since I first played it I've had two questions: how can Tidus swim so well in hiking boots, and what the gently caress is an Abe?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I can't trust anything you chumps say about time compression because you can't even spell it right.

KOMPRESSION. IT IS SPELLED KOMPRESSION.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I was always fine with the art but I hate that the enemies dance or whatever with the music.

Knock it off Koopa, I'm gonna smush you.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Severedseven posted:

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda. I don't usually hear anyone else say that.

Mine too. I'm loving old though and first played it when it came out. I was in third grade I think?

My unpopular opinion is that I don't like ocarina of time or majoras mask. Before BotW the only 3d Zelda I could hang with was Wind Waker.

As a poster on these very forums when Wind Waker came out, the sheer amount of vitriol and hatred for "celda" was unreal. I'm glad people love it now.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm shallow and don't want to play Engage strictly on the absolutely middle-school main character design.

They look dumb as hell and i don't want to get stuck staring at them for 40 hours.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Also w/r/t Advance Wars. Flood the level with infantry and light tanks and you win.

I loved them when they came out but the gameplay loop is about as deep as a fart.

(I will buy it, I just don't care if it's on this direct or not.)

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

The OLED switch makes playing an OG switch really hard.

It's a seriously great upgrade.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

An Actual Princess posted:

we ♥ katamari is one of the single greatest games ever made and improves on the first game in every single way. Please look forward to it.

The racetrack level is a masterclass in fun.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Other M is not a 2D Metroid

Silver Falcon posted:

It is very extremely not. When you're talking about 2D Metroids, you're talking about stuff like Super, Samus Returns, or Dread. 2D sidescrollers, neither of which Other M is. There is not a single person who would see "2D Metroid" and think "Other M" except you, apparently.

Jesus loving Christ. You all know what they meant for fucks sake.

That's the worst sort of sperglord hair splitting.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I can't get the sale prices to apply. I've tried it a couple times and it won't stick.

Dumb.

Edit: figured it out, they don't make it easy to figure out do they. It's gotta be the "new" option, not any other marked down price.

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 17, 2023

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

One of my first gaming memories was renting Burger Time in the 80's when I was probably about five. I couldn't understand why the pepper only temporarily knocks out baddies and I was so mad.

Well, see you later.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

beer gas canister posted:

I hope they make a new Link's Awakening-esque Zelda some day, like they've done with Mario. 2D style and 3D style every few years. The engine is just sitting there!

I want an Earthbound remake in the Link's Awakening engine.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Waltzing Along posted:

drat..ganon fight suuuuuucks.

If you don't have the proper consumables you are pretty much screwed. What a terrible mechanic.

You can make food everywhere. It's one of the main things in both games.

Sorry that you didnt?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Augus posted:

FF4 DS is good

Yeah it's rad as gently caress.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

My friend bought aN64 mainly to play the sequel to Yoshi's Island, and it when it came out it was so bad he sold his N64, bought a PlayStation, and never bought another Nintendo console

I'd believe it. That game was rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I bought a Wii U day one. I've never bought a console or a game on launch since.

It was a turd of a console but we did get the Switch out of it so that was cool.