Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

its a good game and im enjoying this latest expansion a lot :cloudnine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

ive been enjoying blind progging savage stuff, using pf to supplement my friend group

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

the horrible thing about castrum is that if top isn't on top of destroying the core asap, or bottom doesn't kill the adds or soak the stacks adequately, the whole thing wipes and you have to wait for the next castrum :smith:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Leraika posted:

I'm a little down on macrocosmos because I feel like I have to let it run its course to be useful but that means that I'm healing while it runs and it feels kind of wasted when it pops, usually. I much prefer the way haima/panhamia works but like sage less overall. This is a me thing, not a mechanic thing..

reading some pages ago and just wanted to offer some advice

My favorite time to use macro is when you expect two heavy hitting raidwides in a row. Hit macro before the first one, use a different ogcd to heal back from the first raidwide, then after the 2nd raidwide, use micro.

One example for this is during intemperance 1 in P1S:
Place star before first color pops
Right before 1st wrath, cast macro
Before 2nd wrath, pop star
After 2nd wrath, micro will heal all to full

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 19, 2022

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

There's a piece I want from the Resistance stuff. It costs 9 platinum coins.

I have zero progress in it, never even started. How long of a grind am I looking at? Is it still a thing people are doing with Endwalker out to be able to progress it?

Gonna throw in an estimate of about 20-25 hours of content to get it including cutscenes, which will unlock for you two zones great for leveling and 3 duties which are essentially alliance raids. Then maybe an additional 1-3 hours for each additional piece you're interested in depending on how many weekly quests you make use of.

For the primal datacenter, there's a "Primal Forays" discord (don't have the link handy sorry) that can help organize groups to do these, although pickup groups still happen even today in the wild if you shout (in the case of CLL/Dal, the 1st and 3rd duties) or use the duty finder (in the case of DR, the 2nd duty). You can simply queue for DR solo or with a party to try and get a matchmade group, but since it will eventually send you in with an undersized group if enough time passes, you may want to avoid that.

I think my most recent DR was with a group of 6. One left halfway through and it took over an hour to complete. I would not recommend it haha. Definitely use party* finder to group up before you queue for DR these days.

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 28, 2022

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

if i cant /pet my party member's carbuncle and have an animation of me crouching down and petting it then i'm gonna riot

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

TGLT posted:

Replace the summoner's book with a carbuncle you hold like a little dog, who is now holding the book for you.

I'm listening

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Of note, on this front, I tank phionix on P3S from the NW orange square because that puts the flank/rear split right where the group stacks and our monk doesn't have to move as much. Does anyone else do this?

hey this is a good idea, forwarded it to my tank buddy

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Of note, on this front, I tank phionix on P3S from the NW orange square because that puts the flank/rear split right where the group stacks and our monk doesn't have to move as much. Does anyone else do this?

Thought about this some more and my group likes to have him pulled north of the center so everyone's already in position for fireplume, so in that case the tank would position north of the nw square, and look more like this:

(positions approximate)

Edit: and with tank closer to stack:

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 4, 2022

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Begemot posted:

you get the same rewards whether you win or lose [in pvp roulette].

is this true? I thought you got an xp bonus for winning

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 4, 2022

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

it doesn't actually seem any more braindead, is all

the fight is kind of light on invulns, though, it's true. My static's pally invulns for the big birds because there aren't any better spots for it

:hmmyes: I like this idea a lot

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, kind of feel like healers aren't doing themselves a lot of favors if they're sitting on oGCDs in general. Only time a tank should really go low is if you'd need to cast gcd heals. Its just like tank CDs, the sooner you use something like tetra or asssize, the sooner you can use it again.

You're right about sitting on oGCDS. That's why if you're an AST, you are ideally letting the tank get low as early as possible so you can get your essential dignity CD rolling as soon as you can without sacrificing its potency

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

look my tank paid good money for the bottom 5% of their hp bar and I'm not gonna let it go to waste :rant:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Sounds like an invitation for tanks and dps not to use mitigation so long as a healer can keep them alive.

disagree.

However, I do invite tanks and dps to not use mitigation while holy stun is happening, because stun is already a 100% mitigation. Also when benediction is available, or both essential dignities are available, because getting these cooldowns rolling asap is cool and good and making it happen is fun.

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 10, 2022

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

if you never let your war, gnb, or drk go low then you're preventing your tank from utilizing one of their most powerful cds, and that's not very poggers

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Vitamean posted:

literally the most fun you can have in this game is dueling with your cohealer in trials or alliance roulette seeing who'll crack and heal first

its good but one day you'll develop a tolerance and have to move up to doing it in savage parse groups to catch the same high.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

by the time you finish saying "undodgeable cone aoes aimed at players" everyone's already died to the protean

"cone spread" :shrug:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Then what is panto and where does it come from? Googling ff14 panto just turns up the pantomime emote. Are you talking something like (Endwalker EX1) Phlegethon but ONLY when it's used right after Exoterikos? That seems like a narrow definition for the sake of callouts if used outside the fight where it's directly called that.

I'm a big fan of callouts directly linking to what you're supposed to do as opposed to being tied to a specific fight. Some specific combination of actions (taunt and hug) can be called Grace for P1S because that's the name for it, but it's not a term that's going to stick around for that same combination later.

guessing it's pantokrator
https://gfycat.com/fickleserpentinebarb

so eruption from ifrit

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 11, 2022

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

real quick gonna run over and throw a whorl of death on the other 2 sunbirds before going back to my lp's sunbirds. don't thank me just doin my job :)

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Wrestlepig posted:

War looks best so long as you find a good axe that isn't totally oversized

have you looked at the mogaxe? For me it hits the perfect level of "Big. But not too big."

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

did someone say ishguardian restoration? https://v.redd.it/kg82rf3eyim81

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

finished lvlling up blm to 90 and i cant stop seeing this

Edit: Oh and to add some content

I figured out how to quickly solo final coil turn 4 as an unsynched lvl 90 SMN. This probably works with some other bursty jobs and this will also be of interest to people who run catbook duties in small unsynched parties.

Step 1: Reduce Bahamut's hp no lower than to 52%. Hang onto your burst phase for later. So for SMN do not summon bahamut
Step 2: Wait for the cast "Flatten"
Step 3: As soon as you see "Flatten" begin to cast, being bursting bahamut down.

You have slightly longer than the duration of two castbars, "Flatten" and "Gigaflare", to bring Bahamut down to 0. This is consistently achievable with a lvl 90 bahamut phase.

I'm sure I'm not the first to figure this out and it's nothing game changing but it helped me do my catbook with less waiting around :kiddo:

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 23, 2022

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

SuperKlaus posted:

Also, it appears Fire 1 and Blizzard 1 are useless at mid- to high- levels, but technically remain in your suite? I suppose the idea is you just pretend they were completely transformed into Paradox because that's the reality of when you'd press those buttons, right?

I'm only level 33 in the class now, having a serious look at it versus my commitment to red mage, so I have new-to-job questions aplenty.

blizzard i is useless once you get blizzard iii at 35, but fire i is useful for keeping astral fire active, especially once you get fire iv right up until you unlock paradox

v - true :newlol:

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 24, 2022

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Bruceski posted:

It's not big compared to actually skilled players, but I got a 45-parse in P1S on my bard tonight. Highest I've done, feeling pretty proud of that particularly because it felt sloppy. Part of that's going to be just where the boss happens to die in a 2-min cycle, but I've also been working on my GCD uptime and brought that up from low 80s to 90%. When things get distracting I have a habit of forgetting which of my buttons are oGCD and which aren't, with a couple in particular (Pitch Perfect) getting their hooks in for some reason.

It's a shame my raid group is a bunch of 40 year-olds who can manage about three hours a week for raiding in between life, not all at once. I don't think we're ever going to get past P2S in a single week. But we have fun.

Congrats! Beating personal bests is my favorite part of raiding :)

If it helps, you could always throw up a pf for unlocking p3s/p4s for you ahead of time. All you need is to pass leader to someone who can get into p3s/p4s already and have them bring you into the instance. The moment you enter the instance you'll count as having cleared up to that point (including the downsides of not being able to open chests from "cleared" content that week etc).

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

if you're willing to wait to get them to appear and get into them, dont forget about the duels in bozja/zadnor. cheese strats available.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

THIS IS MY LUCKY SHIRT

oh hey! I was there. congrats again

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Well, get hosed if you're blind and use a cane I guess.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

it really doesn't get more anime than a katana golf bag

it's true, mifune soul eater was peak anime

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

on the other hand you gain soteria which is basically an empty ogcd slot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

aers posted:

sge and sch are both good but sch has deploy, a cheater button

deploy aka i had to gcd shield heal the tank and it crit, so now I get to negate the next raidwide :smuggo: