Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

So what's everyone's patch day agenda? I've kinda been tuning out what's coming so I'll default to msq or tataru's bizarre adventure, maybe touch some island soil

I immediately clear MSQ and then plan my new glams with the extra space and then maybe check out the island. I started crafting a few weeks ago so I'll see if the island has anything cool and then try to get the limited new items.

Also, it's been months since I played vanilla FFXIV so that will take some time to get used until the launcher updates in a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

In my 9th year of playing FFXIV I acquired a small house but now I realize the crushing lack of cute outdoor furnishings for sale on my server.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You should probably ignore your house for a month or so until all the furnishing item prices crater.

:same:

I thought it was just my smaller server but I realized maple trees were costly so I opted for the NPC trees for sale. I just added the mini-teleport, bells, and mailbox in the meantime.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

After getting a house I wonder has anyone ever seen your neighbors? I saw 1 person by the MB and the next few yards are empty except for the mini-teleport. I added my garden ponds and a bench and I feel like yeah, this is the ideal life IRL but in-game it's pretty sparse.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I always feel conflicted with Anima since I got the DRK anima then I ended up quitting it during ShB and then the WHM anima which I started all the way until the final steps and then I also quit to move to SGE for EW.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm not sure why this PF came off as pretty sinister to me.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dareon posted:

I just saw the old map for Toto-Rak. What the gently caress?

TBH the actual exp of playing in-game is much worse too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Sudden thought: were there no new haircuts in 6.3? Are Viera and Hrothgar cuts taking up the dev time or will they be 6.3x rewards?

We got new island hairs a few months ago.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Commissioned an animation of my WoL :swoon: Look how cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww this is a cute cat girl :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Do we know when 6.35 is coming out?

I read in 4 weeks :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

reversefungi posted:

Are there folks playing in NA outside of Excalibur? Got the MMO itch recently and bought the game, but it looks like Excalibur is congested and that can last for ... :iiam:? Otherwise figure I'll buy a server transfer down the line if I stick with the game, but would be nice if there were other options.

I play on Jenova but a lot of the NA DC are congested status so it's just now Dynamis or nothing atm.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

barclayed posted:

my small fc with like all but two inactive members play on Mateus, but we’re heavily considering switching to Dynamis because of the EXP boost, Gil, and the chance to get a medium or even large house. waiting on the other fc members to give their opinions before we do. plus, switching off of an Congested world is free. lots of incentive.

e: meant to reply to the person my quote was quoting.

Yeah, I would consider it worthy since there's a LOT of open housing in the new DC. The downside is the slower queue times and emptier areas. I thought about moving but then the extra wards opened and I won a Small house in the Empy.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Someone made a house viewer on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/11f95tc/ive_reviewed_categorized_and_made_pictures_of_all/

It has many additional photos and some reviews on each plot. Now I'm looking forward to the 117+ participants for the sole empty Medium in Empy next week.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

One day I'd like to go to a Fanfest in the USA but that day is so far away.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

broken pixel posted:

As a Viera, if it’s possible to delete the ears for the duration of the emote, do that. If that’s not possible or it takes more than 2 days of effort, I’m just… not gonna use it

Not really, I'm not sure if I want to do the new crafting quests unless there is a super cool reward either.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kerrzhe posted:

someone said they got an optimus omicron which is an EW dungeon minion. starbird is an EW dungeon minion.........

but i have absolutely no hope that i will ever get one :smith:

I still never got the Tiny Troll, Snake, or Starbird. Initially, I thought about running Dead Ends every other week but it's tedious each time. I'm waiting for 8.0 to be added to the Moogle events.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

derra posted:

Starbirds always drop in absolutely terrible runs, and the worst person gets it every time.

You know what you must do.

Too late I already run it with trusts :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Allarion posted:

I always go back to Gaelicat eventually cause it's a flying cat that'll sometimes stand on your shoulder (or head if you're a lalafell). Someday I'll try to get its hooded variant...

I have had both since the start but some day I want to get all the cats.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Oneiros posted:

trying to decorate a medium may be the most grueling thing i've ever done in this game

What about the housing lottery for Medium and Large plots? :v:

I feel like I see all these cool housing ideas and I just end up adding 2x fireplaces along with some bookshelves and calling it a day.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

My life's goal to have my WOL turned into an IRL minion has been achieved:

Now back to farming tomestones...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Pyrtanis posted:

How? who? where? I need answers

TopClayArts on Etsy has custom figures for small and larger characters for sale. I saw a bunch posted from the maker of FFXIV characters.

Solovey posted:

waaay way back in heavensward when the alexander raids were current content, i ran A12N pretty regularly as a healer and for some reason. every single time. after the phase when all the DPS go into their time portals, somehow I would end up standing right next to the tank, EVERY time. i still have no idea what was with the mechanics that caused me to move to that spot every single time, even when i was consciously trying not to, and i have a feeling that if i ended up in there again today i would end up doing the same thing all over again! it just happens!

aw, i love this :3: the ears!!! my dear friend got me one of these for christmas and i love it so much, every time i look at him on my desk i find myself impressed all over again by all the tiny details:

edit: for comparison's sake, this is the reference shot i gave for this lil guy (with a couple extras because i cannot extract a single image url from twitter on my phone lol)

https://twitter.com/qestiri/status/1594439899918344192?t=xnQzQbI3A3wJWKcARFVXhw&s=19

Aww, he looks cute :3:

Yes, it's pretty impressive for all the small clothing details are accurate too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dareon posted:

I really should have looked up the Qitana Ravel weapons before deciding to run it three times trying to get one I could use. I was really impressed by the designs of the spears, bows, and staves on display on the bunny ladies, decided I wanted some Ronkan aesthetic for my own. Got an axe, 2 scythes, and a bow before finally getting a grimoire. It's so goddamn underwhelming. It's a fine, understated, mystical book, but I didn't want understated, I wanted inscribed giant bronze plates.

I feel like farming weapons on old maps that aren't guaranteed each piece is rough already. Mostly I wait for the retainer venture to return with potential old weps for glam and hope for the best each day. The only thing I think is worse is farming AR for glam that isn't popular.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kerrzhe posted:

im bnuuy now

welcome to the bnuuy life.

Some days I miss hats but then rmb I can still wear glasses forever.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nessus posted:

Every time I've tried to use Skeb and register for notifications when people open, it did jack poo poo and I never got updates. Do you have to actually... be on twitter to get these notifications?

Wish they had a non-twitter option right now, I tell you what

When I check the skeb page you get a notification but overall I find skeb to well, sketchy as in they make you agree to TOS that even if the artist ignored your guidelines for the art you cannot ask for a refund. So you end up gambling each time if the artist actually understood your request or not and maybe they didn't feel like drawing that day after waiting like 30 days for artwork you might not even like the end because of reasons.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Cephas posted:

Listen. My virtual fantasy catboy boyfriend is extremely sweet and kind and brave and affectionate. I won't stand for this.

I think the thing I like about Graha post-Shadowbringers is that he basically gets to express the feelings that my WoL has. Like I pretty much 100% vibe with Graha any time he's around. He's just a chill person and wants to have a good time going on adventures and doesn't care if he's tank, dps, or healer, and he most certainly paid real life U.S. dollars to unlock a custom ear-twitch emote. He gets me.

I love my cute catboy BF who finally gets to go on adventures with WoL.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

G'raha has problems because he's trapped in the Schrodinger's Catboy of romantic indeterminacy, where the writing leaves it ambiguous whether you're in a relationship with him or not, but it's not really believable that the Warrior of Light would keep him hanging this long.

What I'm saying is that after Endwalker you should be able to start romance sidequests.

:yeah:

I support adding Social Links to FFXIV in an upcoming patch too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

oh that's great, I will look into that. One nice thing about anamnesis was changing your race and I like using it to test potential fantasias (i should really stop buying those) but I don't use them THAT much and doing it for gear is much better.

I can no longer hold on to fantasia since I'll always use it sooner or later then change back when I feel bored. Although right now I want to change my bun's battle voice it feels like a waste of :10bux: since I play sound off unless it's new updates with MSQ.

Sometimes I miss my cat tail too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Crackerjack posted:

Hey, I got a house! It took a while for the interior to shape up, but I'm now ready to show it off. Come on in and have a look.

But not so fast! My associate needs to give you a visual pat down before you head in... OK, we're good.

Here's the main living space, kitchen area, TV, and cat tree. You can put your coat on the rack just behind the camera. Let's take a look down the hall, shall we?

Oh ho! I see you have already spied my bedroom, you cheeky devil. ...er, no. ...no, it smells like that on purpose.

Anyway, this is the book nook where one can sit back and enjoy the classics in sophistication and, oh my goodness, is that a secret doorway!?

By the way, be sure to sign this on your way out. It makes me feel HAPPY and VALIDATED. Grr!

Cute housing design :3:

I have the same plush bundle on my bed space too.

I had my small plot done by a housing designer but I kinda now want a Medium since it's pretty small now that I had it for a few months.

https://twitter.com/Beks_Housing/status/1637857672593539072

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Limited/Exclusive items is bad in every instance, ever.

I have no problem with you getting a special mount/minion/title/glam for buying an artbook or doing PVP or whatever, but after a year, it should be available to everyone, even if it's bought via Mogstation. Same for exclusive pre-order stuff. And if it's for pre-ordering an expansion, make it exclusive until the next expansion.

Where are my $200+ emotes SE?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Rap Game Goku posted:

Why is shipping so much? I'd be all for some of this, but not spending the same amount again just to have it shipped.

IIRC they are shipped from Japan and costs went up in the last few months and years. Yeah, I like the mug but not that much :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Doomykins posted:

my final poetics purchase was peace of mind when I just let it hit 2000/2000 forever

Usually, I feel like I want to buy the old gear and turn them in at the GC for seals which I can buy more ventures. Right now I have over 1,000 but you never know.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

Anywho, kugane ocean fishing hype train lets gooooo spectral currents!!!!

One day I'll do ocean fishing but that day is not today.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lazer Viking posted:

The story skip is worth it. Unless youre fuckin Invested in the story, youll be fine. I couldnt give a poo poo less about any character in the game, I just want to watch numbers go up. (Ill take my perma now ty lol)

I'll allow story skips for alts but for the main I'm like ehh-- the MSQ ended up being more impactful even though I played through before ARR was reduced before HW. Also, I like the feeling of time passing as characters change and improve.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Spuzzz posted:

I found a good way to break a fantasia habit, just get art done of your character.

This is cute :kimchi:

I'm dreaming of the day I can afford more comms too of my WoL.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I wish all the ponytails didn't have side bangs. It looks really bad on my highlandude I think

tbh most of the new hair except for the extremely short hair just out ...look weird on male characters. I'm like mods are illegal but on the other hand, I just wanted more short hair options that look good on my bun.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Genovera posted:

If anything I find it kind of annoying that the normal raid gear is undyable. I'd like a way to upgrade my normal raid stuff into the dyable version later in the patch cycle when the stats would no longer be relevant and there's a shiny new glamour piece for the savage folks to show off.

Mostly I'd like more options for gear to become dyeable overall since glam is the true endgame.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

The only raids I've ever done are the required Crystal Tower ones. I have no interest in doing any of the rest. Some of the gear looks neat, but not enough to raid.

If you do end up getting the entire game, you will need to do the other AR to unlock areas and future content required. Also, it's just more fun stuff to run if you want to run for side quests and the MSQ will call back to NPC from them in some scenes. It would p weird to ignore it since there's no real downside to unlocking them as a player.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Vitamean posted:

24 bucks please

TBH I just find it sad that almost everywhere else the actual price is cheaper except for USA :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Honestly, if I'm going to judge anyone, it's going to be people who unequip their jobstones for level 90 Duty Finder content and say they're "challenging themselves" or "roleplaying". This goes double for raids or alliances, and triple for tanks/healers. Please don't drag down a party that didn't agree to this on purpose.

I accidentally did remove my job stone once b/c I was working on WHM and I equipped the wrong gear set :sigh:

Although I have yet to meet anyone who did this on purpose on any content except maybe players new to MMO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

For ppl with alts: how do you manage?

I want an alt character but with the sheer amount of old or paid glam stuff, I feel like It would be suffering to re-collect everything again. Also, I would have to redo ARR and StB if I want to save money instead of story or level skips.

I'm avoiding fantasia since I always end up going back to my original race over time and money.