Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Actual pizza assembly is going to take place outside but I'm ready to go

Pizzas came out pretty well! All of them came out edible and not burned to a crisp. Not circular by any means, but tasty. At least, I thought they were tasty; I think my family was expecting New York style, unaware that I was taking the first step on a journey towards the perfect Neapolitan pie. Ingrates :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I haven't played Hades since last spring but I've got a buddy who still messages me once or twice a month to let me know what heat level he's up to. We don't talk about anything else, just that.

e: He is up to heat 45 and can complete a run in 10 minutes, if anyone is interested

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

I will vote for the candidate that offers free ice cream and blowjobs.

Bread and circuses for a truly modern nation

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Playoff posters from upcountry

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Proud of this one

I can never get my edges looking that nice when I do lattices. Nice work!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Braksgirl posted:

Someone I know was asking for name suggestions for a dog with a white-tipped tail and I suggested Eevee like the pokemon nerd I am. She then asked me if the pokemon was male, female, or non-binary and y'all, I was not prepared to think about the sexual identity of pokemon today. Non binary pokemon.

7/8 of all Eevees are male :eng101:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I wonder who gets to play The Wasp now!

Hasn't Vioxx been off the market for like 15 years?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

I’m pretty sure he has super bad ulcers and that’s what was kicking his rear end.

Bold of him to return last month for the holiday episode

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

To me, that's HIPAA

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Sperm is stored in the head :eng101: because the balls are too full of pee

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I use Purple sheets. I have no idea what they are made of but they're super soft and comfortable!

Do you ever find that non-Purple sheets are juuust a little too small for a Purple mattress of the (supposedly) same size? The corners of our fitted sheets won't stay on but I like my flannel in the winter :(

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I'm not an audiophile and don't really know how good "good" needs to be but I listen to a few hours' worth of podcasts daily on my Mpow X3s and they've been great. Got them for $50 about a year and a half ago and have had no issues at all. I don't see them on Amazon anymore, though, and the official site says "EU/UK/AU ONLY" (which is not where I am) :shrug:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What's it called when text causes you to perfectly hear a voice in your head?

I fear this is going to be the best bit we see from a resurrection of the previously resurrected Futurama.

tbh I'm hearing it as Frank Costanza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNXhh7D9_cA&t=32s

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

We can exclude Indiana. We don’t need them.

:flip:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Nobody backing my boy Dwigt Rortugal

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I tried making a traditional red sauce from an old lady's recipe today. She's italian so I guess she knows what shes doing? It was just san marzano tomatoes, salt, butter and an onion quartered and simmered in the tomaters. It was bland as gently caress so I added pepper flakes, oregano, basil and garlic and it tastes really good now. I guess old italian ladies can be liars too.

My Sicilian grandmother made the best red sauce I've tasted to this day but I've been having a hell of a time learning how to make it from my mom because none of the ingredients are measured. It's like, put X amount of sugar in your hand, toss it in the pot, add more later if you need to. I'm trying to standardize it to actual amounts but success has been limited. Ingredient list: tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, garlic, garlic powder, dried basil, pepper, sugar, cinnamon, parmesan, splash of red wine.

Old Italian ladies are absolutely liars and probably also cheat at card games

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I could handle the recipe better if it was a "pinch of this" but it's more like "pour a big mound of this in your palm" and I don't know if it's a teaspoon or two tablespoons or what :shrug:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Badass, nice work.

I dunno if Asheville has popped it’s lid like Charleston but I’m sure it’s gone at least a little crazy.

We bought our first house for like 180k in 2013. We sold for 250k in 2017, and it’s valued at almost 400k now.

Just buckwild poo poo for a 60yo ranch <1300sf with 1 bathroom and septic system.

Just checked in on my own first house. Bought in 2008 for $89.9k, sold in 2019 for $175k, valued now at $239k. God drat

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

It's more afraid of you than you are of it

This is a lie

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Oh my God why is there a wire coming out of the light switch and outlet for the medicine cabinet / mirror?!

Bluetooth stereo mirror

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

BlindSite posted:

The island where the soldiers refused to surrender turned out to be bullshit

IIRC the only part of the initial report that turned out to be wrong was that the Ukrainian soldiers on the island had been killed

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Intruder posted:

Latest Moon Knight ep got weird again and I dig it

I got interrupted by a bat in my house and only got halfway through the episode :mad:

(do I need to be looking into prophylactic rabies shots if I didn't make contact with the bat?)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Yes but I don't think that's how you get there

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I own a house

Ts and Ps

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

General Dog posted:

The lesson curriculum we're given to teach the kids at church on Wednesday nights is usually fine, but this bit from last night's lesson struck me a little odd

Anyway, I skipped that part and got off on a tangent about how the restaurant franchise model works instead.

My daughter and I just finished listening to the recent Titanic episodes of Our Fake History earlier this week. IIRC there was like one line deep in the ship's technical manuals saying "Well, it's about as unsinkable as it's possible for a ship to get with current technology, we suppose." White Star wasn't using unsinkability in their advertising or boasting about it publicly or anything like that.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

The Goonies house is there. That's all I know.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Lived in two different houses as a kid (5 years and 13 years)

Lived in two dorm rooms and three apartments during college (1 year each)

Lived in an apartment by myself after college (2 years) before buying my own first house (10 years). Got married, moved to my current house (3 years)

Two different cities, one state

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Man, when you're a font nerd and say "Hey that's the Choose Your Own Adventure font", instead of "hey that's a funny picture".

My little brother created a font about 12 years ago that I actually see out in the world on occasion. Pepsi 1893, some random toy packaging I saw once, junk mail that I received. Even the cafeteria at my work place uses my brother's font.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve been thinking a lot about why Musk’s widely circulated photo from the met (I think) is so unsettling and I think this guy nailed it.

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1527552707782909952?s=21

Change the hair color and give him a spray tan and it's basically Trumpface

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Always wanted to try hallucinogens. Absolutely no idea where to find any, though

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Something like this happened ten years ago to a house just a couple miles away from where I was living at the time. Everyone in my neighborhood was immediately out on their porches trying to figure out what the hell they just heard. Absolutely deleted a couple of houses.

Turns out it was a "doing it for the insurance money" arson and everyone involved went away for a long time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_Hill_explosion

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A coffin that turns into a coffee table

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Freaquency posted:

most of the threads here are loving unreadable

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Weed page contribution: I live in a non-weed state but am in possession of a few edibles for the first time in six or seven years because my buddy from Seattle recently brought me some. I keep meaning to visit a dispensary but I'd have to take a half day at work and drive an hour fifteen each way to cross the Illinois border and it never totally seems worth it. poo poo sucks

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

swickles posted:

Today's wordle really is something

Got it in two :smug:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I tried Alabama white bbq sauce for the first time last week. Pretty great.

I'm traveling through Alabama tonight and tomorrow and hoping to give this a try. Should be passing through Birmingham around lunch time if anyone has a recommendation, bonus points for proximity to I-65

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Surprised Indiana hasn’t banned them too.

It's in the works

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

dirty shrimp money posted:

I gotta say, I've waited for a long time to make this post. As of today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt0ha88riOI

Congrats/condolences. I'll be joining you in exactly one week :mrwhite:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I don't know how many of you were also teen or tween girls in the late 90s but I went down a boyband youtube hole and my old love of Backstreet Boys has popped up again. Everybody is a great music video and the songs still mostly slap.

My wife and stepson are at a Backstreet Boys concert literally right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I still had my old GameCube controllers kicking around so I bought a cheap adapter and use those with my Switch a lot of the time. I have the kids use the GC controllers when possible* so that they don't get the Switch joy-cons all greasy. Anyway, if you like the Diablo series, I picked up the Switch version of Diablo 3 last month and it actually works amazingly well on a console. Would also second a lot of the games already mentioned like Smash Bros., Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, and good indie games like Hades, Hollow Knight, and Stardew Valley.

*The Switch does have one more button than the GC, I think the little + button, but not all games use that one