Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Hang on. Are they now saying that's not what "Let's go Brandon" means?

I'm curious what McCoy thinks "Let's Go Brandon" means...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Don't threaten me with a good time.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
MLK Jr. Day is on Monday. I can't wait for the terrible cartoons to come out.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

“It’s okay when I agree with it.”

gently caress. You.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

But if you're the mainstream news (which, by definition, means you're the most popular and consumed form of news there is), then how can your ratings be lower than ever?

These two points cannot exist in the same world. Drunky Duck, please only argue for one or the other.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

South Park made this joke over 15 years ago. gently caress off.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies nomination: Most easily reinterpreted

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall
gently caress. You.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Interpreted

The way the Strawman Character puts "left-wing trolls" in quotes makes me believe that Drinky Duck only thinks they're real (or possibly a drunken hallucination)

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Finally, a Sinfest I can relate to

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT+)

We're going to get a shitload like these, aren't we?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
If Jesus preached today like he preached in Galilee, people like Ben would be begging for him to be killed.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

This is the most boomer thing I've seen in months.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
So apparently Roe V. Wade is about to get overturned.

I look forward to all of the right-wing cartoonists who spent the entire Covid pandemic kicking and screaming about mask mandates and vaccines and "My Body My Choice" to obviously showing their opposition to such a big medical government overreAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry I couldn't finish that with a straight face.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I don't even know where to start with this one.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Best Overall
Short, to the point, perfectly understandable, and relatable. Nothing else to say, it's a genuinely good cartoon.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Indiana_Krom posted:

I think a bunch of the conservative responses to the baby formula shortage are disgusting. They blame Biden/FDA/etc and not the company for selling poisoned baby formula. Aren't these the same people pushing for a total ban of abortion, you'd think they would be similarly upset some company is negligently killing infants, but instead they are pissed at the government for stopping the factory from producing poisoned baby formula. Apparently a lot of conservatives just straight up stop giving a poo poo about the life and health of anyone as soon as they are out of the womb. Like as soon as a child takes their first breath conservatives switch from "precious life that must be protected" to "worthless drain on society that shouldn't be allowed to get any handouts from MY tax dollars!".

You would think I'd eventually grow numb to just how big a bunch of assholes conservatives are, but they seem to always find some new way to surprise me.

As the late great George Carlin once said, "If you're pre-born, you're fine. If you're pre-school, you're hosed."

JamesBont fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 14, 2022

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

And what would you rather have that money spent on here in the US, McCoy?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Corporations will find any loophole or excuse to gouge their customers and/or maximize profits. AGC.

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Interpretated

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I've been staring at this for a couple minutes, and I still have no clue what the message here is.

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

the_steve posted:

It took months of a literal fuckbarn to get DbD banned in here.

And even if Rall did try to go that route, his art is so poo poo that we'd never know what we were looking at.

DbD?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Raised By Birds posted:

Mike Lester

It's unfair to bring up the gunned down school children at the GUNS negotiation.

A...good cartoon?

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Raised By Birds posted:

Gary Varvel

Kinda wild seeing "no fault divorce" in there. The best parents are the ones in loveless marriages.

Considering that the shooter in Buffalo was an out-and-proud white supremacist, I don't know what part of this to correct first.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

No. No no no no no no NO. You do NOT get the right to blame this on some nameless entity when you just made a comic blaming "wokeness" and whatever other garbage your brain farted out.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Dr. VooDoo posted:

All these assholes screaming it’s not guns, it’s mental illness would be putting out cartoons being mad their tax dollars would be going to mental health care if we actually took their argument at face value and did something based on it

Oh no doubt. They'd be complaining that we're spending millions on mental health instead of that money going to shooting foreigners in the face.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

"These kids today have done nothing noteworthy or valuable to society to warrant them getting fame, and certainly don't deserve to be paid to keep doing it!" - A political cartoonist

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
This is the "What The President Does vs What People Think The President Does" comic, but without any hint of irony.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
So, is Soccer Mom supposed to be the Iron Man of this universe? Is she going to sacrifice herself to stop Theynos, blow up the Death Star, and save the kids? And are both Theynos and the Death Star working for Devil Corp, the real masters behind everything bad in the Sinfest universe?

I need to stop thinking about this, my brain is about to start leaking out my ears.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nominations: Worst Gaslighting, Worst Overall

I dare McCoy to make this same comic in February about Black History Month.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah he didn't even draw the queen hatefully or anything, it's like an Asay you're just supposed to feel automatic hatred and disgust for queer people

You mean this one?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Randalor posted:

Can we at least get a chaser of parody Sinfest comics each week? Those were at least funny.

Any examples?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey! No spoilers! Wait till Sunday like the rest of the thread! :argh: We gotta keep this poo poo contained!

But yeah, in all seriousness it really is one of the worst Sinfest comics ever drawn, and that's saying something. It's the perfect combination of transphobia, bashing public education, and belittling the real life deaths of actual children.

Also he ruined a great Van Halen song for me forever

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
So there was a news story of Biden falling off his bike earlier today.

I look forward to the dozens of cartoons about it.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

"It can't possibly be that I'm an rear end in a top hat and a terrible father, and my kid is rightfully calling me out! No, the OTHER guy's kid must be wrong!"

Why do I have the feeling this reveals more about Fishman than anything else?

JamesBont fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 19, 2022

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

I think it’s a generic father’s day joke that you’re reading way too deeply. Fishman can actually produce a decent (for newspaper comics) gag unlike Tinsley who usually couldn’t resist sticking a dumb political message or personal pet peeve into it. Or schmaltzy generic “I love my dad” cartoon.

You may be right. I just hate dads being assholes to their kids in newspaper comics, especially the "Boomer dad who hates his millennial teenage son" variety.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Cowcaster posted:

why are conservatives so absolutely convinced that medical professionals will force people to become a different gender? it's like 10 years ago when gay marriage was the hot button issue and they knew in their hearts the endgame was to force everyone to get gay married

It's just how they operate through fear-mongering. Remember back years ago when the ACA was being created? The GOP turned chicken little claiming that "Death panels are going to pull the plug on Grandma!"

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
Man, Payne just has such a hatred for EVs. It's almost to the point of being a fetish.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
So Ben has flip-flopped again between his positions of

"The Jan 6 protesters were all secret government and Antifa plants paid by Soros and the Clintons!"

And back to

"The Jan 6 protesters were all innocent Trump supporters that did nothing wrong!"

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Twelve by Pies posted:

Is Chip Bok really the only right wing cartoonist to acknowledge that all Biden's talk about green energy is bullshit and he's actually desperately trying to increase oil production? Because if so that's incredible.

All of the other right-wingers that get posted here are convinced that Biden is the second coming of Stalin and will force us all into EVs...or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

"And I'm sure my mom-to-be will make sure I have the best life possible, with access to education, healthcare, and--"

"LOL no that's communism gently caress you"