Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Soylent Pudding posted:

I feel like everyone I know still super into Harry Potter is female, a minority, or queer and was at exactly the right formative age where Harry Potter became the perfect teenage allegory for escaping an oppressive society and finding a new place of acceptance.

Which is why it extra sucks that JKR is a racist terf.

For what it's worth, I know a bunch of white male nerds who are quite into it. It's mostly just the age range, where I'm from. But I guess unlike my sister, those guys didn't spent years on fan fiction sites. She was just the worst with regards to that. I couldn't even bother to start the final book, because that felt to exhausting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

repiv posted:

modern computers are 64bit so there's actually 18 quintillion robot genders
That's assuming that those ones aren't running on quantum. Maybe gender isn't just a scale, but an n-dimnsional contiuous hypercube.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

IBroughttheFunk posted:

No, no, it's not the garbage-spewing website where misinfo can be much more easily shared than before. You see, the issue is....

https://twitter.com/GRDecter/status/1660664720481742848

I'm no artist, but I'm reasonably sure I could recreate that in ms paint.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Robviously posted:

Why the gently caress is all that space there? Are you supposed to take a nap under the window?

Americans love unfathomably huge boxy cars for some reason.
This whole thing looks like what an early nineties videogame would consider a car. Low polygons and all. It probably runs at less than 60 fps and has screen tearing somehow.

I honestly don't know why anyone would genuinely like this design, other than ridiculous Elom fanning.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 25, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Now we can return to the important business of investigating Benghazi.

Did anyone ever figure out if that place exists?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I like that this random rebuke by some twitter person apparently uses some diagram from1955.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Piell posted:

Lol he is such a little dipshit

What question?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The "what would you do if a far right wing government told you to censor their opposition party's statements and posts critical of the government in the lead up to a national election?"

I mean, I'd just say, "No." But Musk somehow considers this a huge own.

I was just being pedantic since there wasn't any actual explicit question there. But of course that was implied.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Or he could still have 44 billion dollars. Somehow I don't think those tax "savings" are going to add up to that amount. :elon:

To be fair, the tax code for billionaires is kind of hosed up, so who knows?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

On Earth as it is in Hell.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

holtemon posted:

I think it would be waaay better if MrBeast donated all those TwitterBux to an LGBTQ group instead of some rando with a bunch of likes

Do you want him to sent them a mocking check for $0?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

kazil posted:

It's silly that Ukraine is fighting at all. Whoever has the most guys wins, every time.

Are we even sure about this? By this point, I could be convinced that the population difference of 100 million Russians only exist on paper for embezzlement purposes. Has anyone ever seen the Russian population at the same time? Just asking questions here. :tinfoil:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

There is

Tax fraud

Technically not. They should fix that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Grey Cat posted:

I like it because I don't have to talk to another person 90% of the time.

Just silently grab your stuff and hold your card to the reader. The process is simple and doesn't require small talk.
Whereas self checkout never works and always forces me to contact an employee.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Hot take here: Elon Musi is a bit of and I doubt that he's worth as much praise as some people seem to give him

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Are we sure that Elon hasn't personally bought the domain x.com a few decades ago and was trying to profit from it ever since then?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

who loving cares? if he moves it to twitter it becomes twitter for all intents and purposes

Maybe it's a way to embezzle investor money. The domain is Elon's personal property and the company formerly known as Twitter pays 44 billion a year to him so they get to use it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

kazil posted:

elon owns twitter

Aren't there still other idiots who own twitter shares? I thought Twitter Jack specifically still owned some.
As far as I understand, Elon does not own 100% of that pile of garbage.

Google tells me he owns about 80% of it. Certainly not everything. And honestly, if those rubes haven't seen the writing on the wall by now, they deserve to get squeezed.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 23, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

kazil posted:

I'm not sure what you think is happening. Twitter or X Corp or whatever doesn't have $44 billion to hand over to Elon for his domain name.

Obviously not. $44 Billion was an arbitrary ridiculously high sum of money nobody sane would ever spend on something ethereal like that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, people sure latched on to my stupid tax fraud joke. Obviously, there's no higher meaning in any of Elons actions.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

biznatchio posted:

100% guaranteed that was the plan all along. Illegally put up a half-assed cheap sign that can't be seen from the street below, get ordered to take it down, and turn the inevitable response into some good ol' fashioned Right Wing "California Lib Gov'ment" outrage online as some red meat to build some e-cred with his fart sniffers.

Did you miss those strobe lights? You sure as hell can see that atrocity from the street.

Don't get me wrong. Even by day, that sign is an eyesore, and a probable hazard. but this would literally tank property values in the area.

Next it will play some right wingers Elon's personal techno mix on a 10 second loop.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 29, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

he would have bought it from lowtax

I was going to make a joke that no one has ever seen Elon and Jeffrey of YOSPOS in the same room together. But Musk is a man who can't even keep his sockpuppets straight, so that's just a silly insinuation.

Now I want a Batman story, where is fake Bruce Wayne persona is the biggest idiot of the world. Batman tries desperately to make the worst decisions imaginable to appear like a fool and gets depressed since so many people actually insist that he's a genius.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 29, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

parthenocarpy posted:

Grimes was so miserable partnered to Elon that she surgically altered her eyesight to remove the color blue in an attempt to tackle "seasonal depression"

The rebranding is all just a move to finally get seen again.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

Musk is floundering in the face of X bleeding money, so I'm almost betting that tonight he's going to move forward with "PUT YOUR BANKING INFORMATION INTO X"

"We don't have the services associated with it (looking into it. 😂) but from today on we will provide you a space where you can store all your personal passwords and banking information. To give you unhindered access, we found a way to prevent encryption!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Elon has multiple socks that he responds to.

We already knew about two, so that's hardly a surprise.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

holtemon posted:

Hell yeah I wanna be the X BRAND MANAGER

Go search the internet! Sue anyone who uses the letter without licensing fees or portraits it in a negative context!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I would ask who the guy on the lower left is, but he seems boring.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Entropic posted:

Jeffrey should add a feature on the SA store where you can pay to hide the grenade icon that plat gives you

Only if it also makes you unable to get private messages.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Parkingtigers posted:

Two things -

1/ Twitter ads no longer say "promoted" down in the bottom left corner of the tweet, now it's a smaller "Ad" in the top right so you don't instantly twig that it's an advert.

2/ This is a real advert on Elon's hellsite:

https://twitter.com/Feet_Whisperer/status/1685329518637023232?s=20

They got The Feet_Whisperer? We were all joking around how X is going down, but everyone has to see now that it will be worth a billion in a year. How did I ever doubt Elon Musk?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escape From Noise posted:

Shouldn't it be Foot_Whisperer? Or was that username already taken and Foot_Whisperer has stronger moral convictions?

Who of true passion would ever satisfy themselves with a single foot?

The Foot_Whisperer is a guy who walks up to a person and starts talking to a particular foot. The Feet_Whisperer talks to the dozens of feet he stores in his bedroom.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

cumpantry posted:

i dont think tarantino has to pay for his feet pics

Do you think Uma Thurman played her role pro bono?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Songbearer posted:

T... Two Worlds? Is that you?

Don't let The Brute out :ohdear:

I don't... think so? Like, not that I'm aware of.
Honestly, I'm missing context here.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 2, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Twitter "X" embeds (EmbeX?) don't work for video and I am sure as hell not getting an account to see a Musk video.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

thathonkey posted:

imagine being the poor fuckers on shift at the tesla factory when elon brought grimes in to try and impress her

I bet everything he tried to fix took 5 times as much time to refix afterwards.

But yeah, I know little about Grimes, but the fact that she collects "animal" bines to pass around during dates, makes her sound a bit gross. I don't know.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Midsummer NAIght.
Wait no: Midsummer Night's Dream of Electric Sheep!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

withak posted:

I would watch a scifi adaptation of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Honestly, me too. It sounds stupid and it absolutely is. But it could be quite entertaining nonetheless. Also you could probably come up with some cool appearances for the Cyberfeifolk. Also the way fei they have super obtuse and literal rules and will mess with you if you break them would mesh quite well with weird AI beings with dubious morale.
It could actually work quite well, yes.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeah but 'and the otherworldly/fae elements are instead actually computers' is as old as cyberpunk

True. What I've listed isn't all that far off from stuff like the Futurama robot devil.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Will these dipshits literally book the colloseum?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

gschmidl posted:

You posted this incorrectly, here

This got a chuckle out of me. You'd really assume they'd make sure to get that one right. Maybe the idea is that it's read top to bottom.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ryde posted:

It’s him being a pedantic akshully guy. The post he’s responding to said that everything we eat is a plant, animal, or fungus, not that everything we eat *comes from* one of those things. So it’s very technically correct: honey is not a plant or animal even though it comes from an animal. It’s just so pedantic to the point of being stupid.

Eh, honestly that's on the guy who made that stupid claim in the first place. Yes all biomass originally comes from the categories of living cells. That's the idea. And unless humans develop an alternative way to generate internal energy, that wont change. I think the guy just had his mind blown that mushroom aren't plants and needed to share his deep thoughts with the world. And Musk felt the need to correct the specific way that statement was formed.

Furthermore, you can produce sugar from CO2 without biomass, if you're so inclined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Grey Cat posted:

Having a hobby that interests women is gross.
drat, what a keeper.

Specifically, starting some hobby you wouldn't otherwise enjoy, because you assume that it's a way to pick up women, feels kind of gross, yeah.
You know there is that guy who does yoga just because many women do it and tries to hit on every one of them.