Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm just glad he'll have Twitter to occupy himself and we can all rest easy knowing some rich tech guy won't buy out the forums from us and turn it into a hellscape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I like that he's proposed "what it Paypal on Twitter" because the well's run dry.

My brand new and interesting idea: Twitter Red. The content moderation team sends you a special feed of all the nudes they remove from the normal feed.

Mainly inappropriate DMs

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
This is all part of his genius plan to never pay taxes again. Buy a business over price, melt it down and carry the losses over for the rest of your life.

Or he has poor impulse control. It's really hard to say which, we don't have a real time measure of what he's thinking unfiltered anywhere in the world.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Borscht posted:

If I worked at Twitter rn, I would be robbing the place blind.

I've already exfiltrated all the Lil Nas X tweets, I'm not sure what more can be stolen at this point

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I love it when people who get far up enough a hierarchy pretend they know things instead of paying someone else to know things.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We're just going back to IRC and Usenet after this right?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Look the engineer thing is really easy to determine.
Twitter is worth $44b.
Assume each engineer adds around $1b in value but you pay them $250k each.
Twitter should really be 50 people max.
If ZipRecruiter still works then you can use that for HR functions.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

At least Elon's started to appreciate the utility of all the bots on Twitter.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sometimes it's just as good to eat the batter or at the very least lick the beaters.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

E the Shaggy posted:

:lol: This dude is CLUELESS.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1616855485294215168?s=20&t=YDK63bxKamF_XObaa_8GPA

"Yep, just gonna cut down on advertising, that thing we need to survive. You'll also be able to pay $20 a month!!"

Introducing Twitter Emerald

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I think all our posts are on record at the library of congress

I think you're thinking of archives with the FBI for surveillance

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Paracausal posted:

Remember in December when Elno said any major policy changes would be put to a vote

Lol

Still a vote, just not a call for votes

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Jelly posted:

I'm having a hard time finding the answer for something and thought maybe I'd ask here.

When you're looking at hybrid cars, is MPG the true MPG that the car actually gets, like the average? Or does it refer to the mileage only when consuming gas?

I was taking a look at the Volvo S60 and how it only gets 35 MPG as a hybrid and I can't help but think that just sucks? My combustion Mazda 3 gets that. Make it make sense?

If it's not a plug-in hybrid then that's what it is. Most cars that have some externally charged battery have an MPGe rating.

But MPGe is really annoying - there's basically an assumption baked in of how many kWh correspond to a gallon of gas and its an annoying and worthless stat. Cost per mile is usually what actually matters and is comparable for electric and gas components.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 16, 2023

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
All you young whippersnappers really should respect your elders - without us you wouldn't have such cultural touchstones as the guy loving the pie or nu-metal

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It'll be called ChatGOPT

His private version that he'll use as his digital assistant will be called Grimes

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

E the Shaggy posted:

Now do you think this means that Elon thinks that folks have beaten him with their non-response to Twitter Blue...or that he's won somehow? Why am I even asking, I know its the latter.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1649855285777899522?s=20

It's a stupid pun there's nothing deeper just like everything he does. Let that sink in.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Do we still have an IRC server / channel?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Definitely a sloppy metric

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Twitter: free speech but not free viewing

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Well poo poo, AI replaced Rob Liefield

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Mistle posted:

What I'm saying is, you'll need a gimmick that only untold fortunes can arrange.

I guess it's more undisclosed fortunes though

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I just realized a little while ago that if musk had made a double line for both parts of the X it might have been actually an okay logo - the crossing of the two sets of lines would make a # and he could have rebranded it into an xtag.

Once again musk half asses a thing.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

kazil posted:

People are on Twitter! Talking about things! And stuff!

I'd have come up with a completely unreasonable number instead like infinitely higher, given that engagement on X was nothing this time last year.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Approximately zero percent chance he's firing full powder rounds. My money is that he's firing blanks which is what all his baby mommas probably wish were true otherwise.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

100% Elon went “myah, see?” as he fired some repro tommy gun at it

Muskie wouldn't have enough skill to avoid the windows.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

keep punching joe posted:

Has Grok said the N word yet?

That's its best selling feature

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

I thought the whole point of the Maxwell/Epstein clients were that they gave up interest when things got mature

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just to confirm - Grok is actually just Elon Musk responding to every tweet right?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Nah it's actually part of the belt mechanic in Diablo IV, note that it's in the upper potion.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

gschmidl posted:

He really is the dumbest gently caress on this planet, maybe in this universe.

That explains the interest in the multiverse - he's trying to find a dumber Elon

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

PaglYacci?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

what would be the equivalent of carrying a printer for an AI girl

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

Holy poo poo this is exactly what I was saying I couldn't believe Tesla didn't have to do with their self driving poo poo last week:

Mercedes Gets Approval For Turquoise Automated Driving Lights So Cops Won't Pull You Over For Watching A Movie

If it were BMW they could have just used the turn signals as an indicator that the person in the car isn't driving it.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

He's been sexually harassing grok?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
At this point I'm definitely an omicron male

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

hes going to think of the xmas promotional opportunity sometime tomorrow

He's currently working on his Christmas cuisine post.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

gay picnic defence posted:

Whatever happened to catturd? Elon was constantly replying to him for a while but you never see him nowadays.

He got Chong'd ages ago.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
This is all just a ploy to get you to buy into DaveCoin which will be the stable currency of Wendy's. Burgers always cost 1 DaveCoin regardless of surge pricing but exchange rates align with surge pricing values to avoid arbitrage. Also you can put money into DaveCoin but can only spend it on Wendy's food and can't exchange back into cash to avoid speculation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
The Oscar Pistoriuses