Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I saw a claim that the Twitter policy enforcement teams are not informed of his latest brain droppings ahead of time, and instead are literally finding out about them the same way you are: via his public tweets. Then they scramble to try to interpret and enforce the mad king's latest idea.

So the same poo poo he's been doing for years at Tesla?

He must be so shocked that his smarmy bullshit isn't working this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Holy poo poo, indeed.

I thought Twitter was hosed from losing half its staff. Now they've lost 80%?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Data Graham posted:

quote:

Asked what it felt like to be a “media mogul” after buying Twitter he said: “It is a medium as opposed to media"
OH MY GOD this loving dweeb

It's text, video and audio. That qualifies as media, I'd think.

Multimedia, even.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

CommieGIR posted:

80% of their outsourced staff, but yeah that's a significant amount.

Yeah, realised after I posted it wasn't full-time staff.

But, a quick google tells me that Musk has fired at least 3800 of the 7500 full-time employees and 4400 of the 5500 contract employees. So, that's 8200 out of 13000 total staff.

Which is 63%. Let's call it ⅔ of everyone.

Fukken lol.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Is anyone taking bets as to whether Twitter makes it to the end of the year?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Yeah Twitter is almost certainly a very complex beast with a lot of legacy code that doesn’t do anything, at a glance.

Like our very own load bearing slurs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

PhazonLink posted:

lol at a giga dollar haver and his stans thinking comic books and a cartoon are how real science works.

e: like lol at how slow movie / video game missiles are when there like fast as gently caress.

I know I was surprised to find out that a real world RPG round travels at between 115 to 295 metres per second. That's 1062kph or about 85% the speed of sound.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

kazil posted:

all the guess itt of twitter lasting months were wildly optimistic

I was saying it wouldn't last till the end of the year.

It dying after less than a single month is just staggering.

This is even funnier than the time Musk headbutted the production line at Tesla.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

He says, without a hint of irony, as his boss posts a thousand time a day.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Elon Musk is Big Peeler.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

SirPhoebos posted:

Chuds will plaster their ideology onto any media, even those that state their distaste for their views.

loving chuds love Star Trek and lose their mind every time the show about humans moving past money and capitalism and racism and sexism is 'woke'.

Right wingers are loving idiots.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

goatface posted:

What do you mean you spent the week monitoring, testing and modelling? I want LINES. OF. CODE.

It's like asking a carpenter how many saws or hammers they made this week.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mindless posted:

I am still not over Dense and Intense. I work my best when packed in with a ton of other people. gently caress the cube walls, just gimme bare floor, rave lighting, and pass the extension cord.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is going down a weird rabbit hole

People just need time to process the whole Billy Corgan owning a wresting company thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Frank Frank posted:

Lol Jr absolutely abuses the gently caress out of some sort of stimulant. He has been on TV doing that teeth grinding/jaw twitching thing coke heads do.

The difference is that Hunter is a cool fun guy on drugs. You just know Jnr is a loving mean prick when he uses. The slap his wife around kind of angry.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The Saddest Rhino posted:

A little disappointed by how boring Musk is being this week

Got to crash some time.

As soon as he's finished sleeping and shovels the next load of uppers into his face things will be back to hilarity.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

big black turnout posted:

This is from several pages back but it still amuses me that the worst people thought the next hot wave of social media was going to be conference calls

VR conference calls :pseudo:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Data Graham posted:

Yes I too want all my web searches to be published openly as tweets so they are forever in my history and people can reply to them.

Just like the clueless old men who occasionally post "big boobs" or similar in facebook because they don't know the difference between it and searching.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Good old, pure hearted Nazi Jack.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The guy in the top right, TOP, is from the Korean boy band Big Bang.

I know this because one of his team members is currently in jail for running a night club where he and his mates would drug women and then rape and torture them.

Just the best loving candidates, lol.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Splicer posted:

This is stupid and you're stupid. There is a huge difference between "wide selection of peer reviewed studies say A and single study thats been eviscerated for lovely test procedure and thoroughly debunked says B" and something like twitter can definitely hire someone, or rather a pool of someones, who can tell the difference or at least know who to call to tell the difference.

But if we assume all things are equal and there is no difference between people fighting for equality and literal nazis, then Twitter comes off looking very bad.

I am very smart.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/PhilipMichaels/status/1598831016558604288?t=vwZCcidCGgFPQDewyhjuLw&s=19

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

If I put the '8' in three times instead of just two, no one will suspect.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Did Musk just directly accuse Fauci of funding the creation of covid?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Even better, Streisand herself comes out and says something like, "Keep my name out of your stupid mouth. I'm leaving Twitter".

She should go the full Will Smith on him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

They tried to warn us, but we wouldn't listen!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
(I'm a thousands posts behind so I don't know if this was posted yet but didn't see it on the last couple pages)

France is starting to take note of Lonny's latest bullshit.

From the head of Frances Cybercrime unit:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Holy poo poo

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

rotinaj posted:

Was there more context to why elon was apparently flying around the west coast and plugging or unplugging twitter servers?

What else was he going to do on Christmas? Spend time with his children?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

beer_war posted:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1608652029538467841?s=20&t=FxDVyVOFPh1AATAPMyFM1A

As funny as it is, I doubt that the pizza box did him in. There really isn't a good source for it apart from some Twitter randos.

Knowing the prick is in the country is one thing. Getting his precise address is another.

Thankfully, all they had to do was call up the pizza place and ask them where they'd sent their most recent deliveries to.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

bird with big dick posted:

Ian Miles Cheong says theres a mod thread where the mods dare each other to post photos of themselves putting increasingly absurd items in their urethras

No that's the GBS Aus thread.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lord Stimperor posted:

You almost had me there but then I recalled that the normal universe also sends their kids to Elon musk schools
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Musk_Junior_High_School

Well that's just a high school named after little Musk Jnr.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Isn't the big rig supposed to be in full production now?

lol, right alongside Tesla's lovely ute

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

dr_rat posted:

You know what, if we were given a choice I think I'd choose the 17 internet explore tool bars.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I have this hat

Is this a Nazi hat

Please help

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

...! posted:

I would never read a book. I don’t want to say no book is ever worth reading, but I actually do believe something pretty close to that. If you wrote a book, you hosed up, and it should have been a six-paragraph blog post.

Thank you for your insight, Mr Tate. How is Romainan prison treating you?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

So, if retweets count towards the limit, a group of people could easily stun-lock someone's account?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Telsa Cola posted:

I'm not keeping track of posters or the instances where its happening, but as some who has been on this site from their teens to now late twenties I'm definitely seeing more "argument" and/or discussion styles that I tend to associate with people in their late 45s to 50s, so its happening to this userbase too.

I'm an Old and the only fear I have of the world changing is it changing back to how it was when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s. Which more and more seems to be happening.

Frightens the loving poo poo out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes, a lot of people are mad that a woman said "I would like transgender and non-binary people to no longer exist" and that buying the new hot wizard game puts money into her already massive pockets to allow her to keep funding people and organizations who want to make her dream of trans people no longer existing a reality.

That's exactly what gamergate was about this whole time :rolleyes:

I wasn't really paying attention to the world of gaming when gamer gate happened and still don't really know what happened beyond a woman daring to exist and "ethics in gaming journalism" becoming a catchphrase.

Any time I've tried to ask it devolved into huge slapfights. So please, nobody try to explain it now.

But I don't need to know the finer points of the casus belli when one side is flying loving swastikas.