Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1586059953311137792

Boy, I wonder what kind of "widely diverse viewpoints" he's going to include on that council

I hereby volunteer to be IK for Twitter.

I cannot promise to be fair, I cannot promise to be effective, but I can promise to be power mad,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Daniel went on to say "Love the car."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zugzwang posted:

Looking forward to when Elon buys an airline and immediately suggests that they make the whole plane out of the black box material

"Welcome aboard MuskAir, where we live by the words 'Go Fast and Break Things' - in lieu of a safety briefing, please enjoy this video on the life of our founder, and world's specialest boy, Elon Musk. We'll be in the air in a couple seconds because waiting for take off clearance is job-killing regulation."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Last time I got laid off was on Halloween, and I gotta say, even if it's loving Arbor Day, bosses who lay off workers on a holiday should be made to eat sidewalk chalk.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm just imagining getting an email with the subject line Some SpOoOoOkY news about your employment

God, I might not have minded if they did that - it was just a regular rear end "we're really sorry, but we have to downsize" bullshit and when I left the conference room someone was at the front desk with my stuff in a box.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

has he actually formed this moderation council or announced anything about who will be on it yet
or is catturd mad that the current moderation scheme still punishes people for saying the nword

I'm in the council, but we can't do anything yet until the robes are delivered.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

greazeball posted:

If I hadn't deactivated my account, I'd be running a bot that tweets "nice meltdown" as the first reply on all his tweets

"A rare miss from @elonmusk"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

King Carnivore posted:

LIGMA! JOHNSON! LIGMA! JOHNSON!

Ligma Johnson 2024

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ubersandwich posted:

Relatively recent? A few weeks ago he posted how he used to vote Democrat, but they are too extreme so time to start goosestepping.

LOL if you believe he ever voted for a democrat.

Hell, he's probably never voted because he has better means of getting the government to do what he wants.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How's this:

The person who picks the correct date of when Twitter dies (or closest to) gets a free av change/upgrade

I'll take submissions for the next week or so, unless Twitter folds before then and then uh... I guess no one wins?

May 5, 2023. Either Twitter dies, or Elon does in a "Mysterious" Starship accident, Tesla accident, or hotel bathtub and chainsaw accident.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I wonder if you can just claim you paid and tweet at Elon enough bitching you don't have a checkmark that you just get one... Or world, if the blue checks actually worked now, LMAO

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Elon Musk: "Twitter is now Live Journal"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Endorph posted:

elon should have bought somethingawful

Would goons have helped him meet his end faster than we did lowtax, though?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

I won't be happy until we go back to IRC. Remember how you could click the mIRC logo in the About screen and the dot over the letter "i" would bounce. Good times.

There aren't enough easter eggs in programs anymore.

edit: That dude's last name is Sacks. lol

Man the greatest day when I worked for a poo poo company supporting their pharmacy software was when we discovered that if you clicked an apparent blank space in said pharmacy software, a tiny tic-tac-toe window would pop up.

The second greatest day was when we discovered that if you were using another piece of software and clicked Help, there was a menu item called "Me pass the time" that would launch a Tetris game.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Delete your loving Twitter accounts.

Why would I do that when I can just post Keyboard Goop at Elon until I get banned?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LMAO, she pulled an 80-hour week and slept in a loving conference room for this

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Maybe Esther thinks she can still get a pony even without becoming the next Ms. "No, I totally wanted to name my - sorry, Elon's - Elon's child after the model of door lock most common to washing machines in Western Europe."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Deptfordx posted:

Oh you hadn't heard?

Massive Papal Schism overnight. They're up to 5 Anti-Popes, and climbing fast.

They need to re-insert the control crucifixes before the rate of schism gets out of hand and we have a criticality excursion.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

repiv posted:

w.r.t. nudes on twitter, before the buyout they floated the idea of becoming an onlyfans competitor and shelved the idea because it's a liability nightmare if they profit from underage or stolen material

https://www.theverge.com/23327809/twitter-onlyfans-child-sexual-content-problem-elon-musk

dusting off these plans and shipping it regardless of the risks sounds like something musk would do, what's the worst that could happen if they end up selling CSAM

That sounds like a feature and not a bug for Elon

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Plan R posted:

The one thing you don't want to do is piss off defense contractors. --

https://twitter.com/litcapital/status/1591172069965713409

I really had my money on Elon getting hacked apart in a hotel bathtub, but "accidental" drone strike would be an interesting twist.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Musk being killed by a rocket would be a perfect ending. A modern-day Icarus who flew too close to the true wealthy elite of the world and undone by his hubris

He won't be killed by a rocket because he's too scared to put his money where his mouth is, unlike Branson and Bezos

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Real estate?

Everyone's speculating about the technical and legal ways Twitter might die, but Elon just came up with a new one - not paying rent on facilities and getting evicted.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

gay picnic defence posted:

It might also be property services for buildings they own - cleaning, maintenance, fire safety etc

Can't wait for the Twitter Shirtwaist Factory Fire

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Elon's figured that if he gets enough powerful people really pissed off at him, then when they try to go after him, their death squads will all Smokin' Aces each other.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

postmodifier posted:

This is just a weird connection I came across today, but there's an SCP persona called "the slasher" who pays a shitton of cash for companies, rips out their entire infrastructure and makes them so shittily insolvable that multinational buyers can just step in for nothing and rebuild them on their terms

So, uh

That's a thing

I mean, that's basically like shitheel firms like Bain Capital do

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Maybe she just really likes peanut butter, and it was the other stuff that was the problem

Maybe there was a crunchy vs. creamy schism

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

He sold myspace at the very top before it collapsed then retired to travel the world and do photography :hmmyes:

I hope Tom and Randy "Bird Annihilator" Johnson hang out and talk photography.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

I think it's great that Elon is all smug about how the Democrat Senator that he was talking poo poo to will now "abuse his power" by doing his job and then he fires/bans anyone who disagrees with him on his own personal usenet bb

lol

lmao

That senator is gonna get a bunch of death threats where the author forgets to do a find and replace to change all the "Daddy"s to "Elon"

Except for one where instead of "daddy" it's "My Son"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Can't wait for him to Tweet "well gosh, looks like Twitter is having some ID10T errors and a lot of PEBKAC issues on the back end! LOL!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm almost in favor of this firing simply because fuuuuuuuuuck people who festoon work PCs with dumbass stickers. Dipshits like me have to clean that poo poo off, ya know.

EDit: At least they oriented the stickers correctly for when the laptop is open

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Having a LOL that Elon is cutting free food at Twitter, something even the Imperial Torture Labor Camp in Andor realized is a good thing to provide.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Not gonna lie, I actually love that show and I’m not even a Star Wars fan

I wasn't really sold on it until the prison.

Now I'm assuming Elon is trying to get the Tesla factory floor set up with shock panels and getting an PA installed at Twitter so he can yell "ON PROGRAM" whenever he feels like it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zedprime posted:

This is a good time to remind everyone that everything Elon does he does for Mars. He didn't buy Twitter out of some free speech altruism and he isn't tanking it out of spite, he truly believes he needs to fix it so he can leverage it as his Mars base newsgroup because the future is catturd poo poo posting about the mars slaves.

He's too much of a piss bitch to take one of his rockets on a suborbital hop, there's no way that shithead is going to Mars

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dumbasses leaping to "ruin the careers" of blatant trolling shitposters never gets old.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gonna guess the bit about the 13 year old Chinese Olympian is what lured Elon in like a cartoon character following the scent of a pie on the window sill.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wolves, mostly.

Elon definitely would have been better off if he'd been raised to understand acting for the good of the pack and also the corrective power of sharp teeth on the scruff of one's neck.

Also maybe he would have died getting kicked in the head by a buffalo or deer.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

priznat posted:

Absofrigginlutely. If someone at work is always going on about how hard they're working and staying late etc etc I want to avoid them as much as I possibly can!

Our networking dude complained the other day about a time when he spent three days with no sleep fixing the network. I dunno when this was because the network is still poo poo and he's prone to self-aggrandizing, but I hope it's true because he's also a piece of poo poo and maybe this job will kill him and put the network out of his misery and it can finally get fixed.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

priznat posted:

Lol actual positive case for burnout in this case

This is a dude who a couple weeks ago came into our area to rant about the Clinton Administration for about 20 minutes, then tried to convince us to put in overtime for a network upgrade so he could stay home.

Our boss told him to gently caress off after network guy said we'd need to be here at 9 PM.

I hate that dude, but my boss is solid.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Don't have to follow company policy if you resigned from the company (By clicking no on the Hardcore Pledge)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Who's Trump gonna hire if Elon already has all the best people?