Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thought I should check this out and now I’m level like, 300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Finally got to the point where I think I see collection 3 cards - I got Sera and started trying a Sera Silver surfer deck. It’s fun but I’m missing some good pieces

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Armor
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Rhino
# (5) Sera

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Sean posted:

Yeah, that's it. Thank you.

The colored one just has so much nuance and specificity but the black and white one (as pictured) just washes it all out. I'm sure this isn't the only b/w that doesn't work out but so many other cards (including the base Jubilee) wouldn't be reduced as much as this one.

Ironically, I've had some work in museums and shows despite that I'm colorblind, so some of the variants hit me harder than others.

Something like this (I feel) works in b/w. I'm not very familiar with Jessica Jones but I'm guessing she has a film noir shtick that works for this aesthetic.

While being ignorant of JJ in general,the base art looks decently like Krysten Ritter who played her in the TV rendition. She was amazing in "Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt 23," as was James Van Der Beek.

Probably the most underrated TV comedy

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Just had a match where I used Zabu to have 6 omega reds in the board. In my head he’s still a marvel vs Capcom 2 character so I like using hm

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Had the dumbest match as Zabu deck

1- got the location that destroyed all locations but one, making Zabu sort of pointless
2- skipped the first 3 turns. Opponent snaps (destroy deck, is piling stuff on top of the one lane and eating it)
3- played Jessica jones turn 4 and snap.
4- skip turn 5
5- Naked turn 6 infinaut to win lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I haven't gotten a new card in I don't know how long. I'm the proud owner of a new Rhino icon though. So that's.. neat. I do nothing but face decks I want to play but I'm lacking 2-3 vital cards. Discard looks so fun to me but I don't have Hela or Dracula or Ghost Rider, only loving Morbius..

I got ghost rider and put him in a Zabu deck with sif and infinaut. It doesn’t all trigger often but thankfully Zabu is ridiculous anyway

When it does I cannot imagine the rage of turn 5 sif > ghost rider throwing 30 power of poo poo on the board with 0 setup

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

How do I check s3 progress

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

A huge part of the balance of decks is snap when you should and retreat when you should. You can “win” 30% of your games and keep ranking up

I am very bad at snapping correctly lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MODOK looks not worth buying unless I am missing some super cool OP combo

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

He's not, but the season pass is still worth it. Even discounting the variants and other cosmetics, the paid track yields around 1k gold and a few hundred credits. It's about a $15-20 value compared to buying through the store, assuming you reach level 50 by the end of the seasons.

Also, the minor value of taking MODOK out of your Series 5 card pool when he rolls over next month. Like gently caress, you're already 1 in 400 to open an S5 from a reserve. Imagine if you beat those odds only to open a loving MODOK?

Yeah I bought the last 2 and hit 50 but I just started playing the game during the silver surfer season. I couldn’t even make use of surfer for a long time (I still don’t have Brood but I try to use him anyway) but Zabu was immediately the best card I think I got as soon as I got him (around 1000 CL now). Zabu honestly is good enough I even slot him into other decks I have for quest completion like the spectrum ongoing deck

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Post Zabu nerf I think he’s an ok drop in ongoing spectrum/onslaught decks now instead of somethjng to build a team around

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have 2700 tokens, is she hulk worth 1000?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quackles posted:

Yes. I pulled her just today and she's a good card in Deathwave and elsewhere. Also, people forget about her as a possibility, because having a dead turn can look very similar to setting up for She-Hulk.

If you're close to finishing pool 3, though, don't forget that you'll get every P3 card eventually.

I’m at like CL 1200 feels like i will never finish

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

After the Zabu surfer nerf I’m finding I dunno what makes a “good” deck anymore. Like I’m throwing together a bunch of ongoing cards with spectrum and winning games but I have no idea what qualifies as like, competitive

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

pray for my aunt posted:

Non-patriot owners: Take a day off, you're just gonna bleed cubes. Not ideal for the start of the season.

I’ve been running Kazar with lots of 1 drops and Ultron and winning a LOT

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RevKrule posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPcFyhDMpk
That's what the Bast is for!

(yes I know it's a pool 4 card and not everyone has her).

Ooh I have Bast somehow I should look into this deck

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Only tangentially related but I watched the original Blade again today and it’s somehow both better and worse than I thought

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have mystique but feel like I’m wasting her given how good people say she is. I’ve been using her with blue marvel sometimes

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

No Wave posted:

As a card in a random deck she sucks. She's only good when you're building around a really game-changing ongoing effect. She can double up the value you get out of patriot, cerebro, and darkhawk, which are buffs you have to build your deck around so getting a second copy of the ongoing effect is really good. She's also run in negative because she can be a second 0 mana iron man which usually wins. People (like me) try running her with Devil Dinosaur and Morbius too but it's not that good. There are also a lot of silly decks that want to Wong -> Mystique or even crazier Onslaught -> Mystique which ends up being super strong but obviously disruptable.

That makes a lot of sense thank you. Right now in a Kazar Blue Marvel deck sometimes she’s just a more consistent way to get another buff if you don’t have onslaught, I tried her in my ongoing + Wong/spectrum deck where she’s less useful than any other 3 energy ongoing pretty much.

I don’t have Patriot, cerebro or dark hawk yet and was thinking of trying her as another Dino but sounds like a waste. I’ve seen her be used as a second morb

I am having a lot of fun with a sort of “everything goes” deck that has sif and ghost rider for discarding big 6 play, Zabu as a 2 drop who’s good to have but not essential, lots of ways to suddenly buff an omega red lane for an out of nowhere win, and then tech cards to mess things up like storm and enchantress. I should probably put sera in there and basically make a control deck huh

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I have Hela pinned and I have the tokens. I've lost to that bitch so many times and I would love a discard decks, but I lack Dracula. I think I have everything else I need - Ghost Rider, Morbius, MODOK, etc. Should I pull the trigger and run discard without him?

I would not be surprised if Hela is a negative winrate card in discard decks. The games you lose to her feel terrible but run her and you’ll be surprised at

1- how the game decides to “randomly” discard her every time
2- how often you have nothing good to play her with
3- how often she’s not even your best turn 6 play

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Jokymi posted:

This is my third season playing, and I just got to rank 60 for the first time! Not as impressive as inifinite, but it still felt good, especially since I went over the line with two 8 cube wins in a row.

And then, of course, the variant I got was a pixel Mr Sinister.

The classic Sera Control deck is made up almost entirely of pool 1 and 2 cards. The only pool 3 aside from Sera is Mysterio, who is strong in the deck but replaceable if you don't have him.

It's been my go-to deck for awhile now. I only got Mysterio recently and used Star Lord as a replacement until I unlocked him, which fit into the deck well. Recently I decided to swap out armor for Zabu, which has felt good for making it even easier to play Shang-Chi and/or Enchantress in the big turn 6 drop.

I’m gonna try this I’m getting bored of my decks

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

goferchan posted:

It's kind of interesting. If you're running She-Hulk or trying to hardcast Infininaut (don't think anyone's really doing the latter) sometimes it can be good to skip on a later turn instead of right when it shows up. Or if you skip and your opponent doesn't, you can be a real rear end in a top hat and play Armor there next turn.

I’m never trying to hardcast infinaut but remembering it’s an option has won me some games, especially with very space limited locations

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Galactus popped up in the token shop for me but I need 2900 tokens more which seems like it will take a while

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don’t know how to explain it but Sera Control is the equivalent of magic the gathering monoblue

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Dracula's strength is in his consistency. In a tuned deck if you get him down it's a guaranteed big lane that beats most others. The accompanying cards are synergistic and usually above curve in their power level to win another. The third lane is for junk or a surprise turn 6 play. You can drop Apoc without Dracula as a backup. My version runs Infi as well so I can cheat it out with Ghost or drop Apoc and get Infi on Drac. And you can always play Drac as a bluff but play Apoc on another lane too.

It's not top tier, but it's very playable because of consistency.

I don't think Modok particularly helps the deck unless you want to do the Swarm version but I think that's weaker.

I don’t have drac but I’ve been doing swarm apoc modok and I surprisingly like it. Pretty easy to get 2 swarms and 12 power apoc to play on turn 6, but more common than you’d think to have 4 swarms too. It’s not easy to play around last turn 24 power spread out around all those cards

I put ghost rider in my 4 slot as replacement and he’s basically useless in this lol. I should put enchantress she would’ve won me so many games

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m working towards a pinned galactus but I’m also like.. do I actually want to play galactus decks. I’m thinking of unpinning

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just got galactus and he is very very fun

It looks like most of the best decks involve Nimrod at the moment though and I didn’t buy this months pass because the card seemed kinda boring

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Based off my own experimentation with Galactus decks, it feels like there are two very different builds - one for if you're dropping Galactus on T6, and one if you're dropping Galactus before T6.

(A) If you're trying to play on T6, Wolverine, Forge, Shuri, Nova, and Nimrod are choice picks.
(B) If you're trying to play before T6, Spider-Man, Knull, Shang Chi, Electro, Doc Ock, and Wave make the real backbones.

Death, Cloak, Sunspot, Yellowjacket and Adam Warlock can go in either.

Fun option select for (B): Knull T5, Shang Chi on T6.

Thanks! I’ve been running B but no Wave yet. Games you don’t get electro or Psylocke out can suck, many of my wins are galactus 5, death + Shang chi 6

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m at 600 collector tokens after buying Galactus and I just pinned Thanos - is it worth waiting or unpin since

1. It’ll take months
2. Anyway he’s been nerfed no

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sock The Great posted:

Bar With No Name as a Hot Location, who thinks this is fun?

People with Doc Ock in their decks >: )

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Absorbing man worth the free season 3 pull?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Walla posted:

I'm not even doing my dailies today. Sinister London is horrible for my deck.

That’s what other decks are for :)

I didn’t make a new one but MODOK with board flooding and double on reveals is pretty awesome

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Devo posted:

No amount of cartoon emotes in Snap will ever cause the amount of rage that the "Sorry" emote did in Hearthstone

Hearthstone was one of the first games to completely remove player to player chat to reduce people raging and I remember finding it so funny that people then took this dumb little emote and blew it up this much

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I finally got Thanos. What a fun card! It sucks to play against them but playing as these deck defining cards like this and Galactus really put new life into the game

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quackles posted:

I wonder if you could make a control deck with Zabu, Sera, and Enchantress?

My sera control deck already had Zabu post nerf and enchantress so yes

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quackles posted:

What's your list? Here's mine:

But I think it needs refining.

Similar but heavier on 2 drops - sentinel also makes sure a Sera play can be followed up with like, 3-5 cards in the last turn. I’m considering buying hitmonkey. Probably should use mysterio, Armor doesn’t get that much use

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is black panther still worth getting without shuri?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Was doing absolute poo poo with Thanos after buying him. Did my first ever negative man + dark hawk deck with Thanos in it and this is just winning every game now (and it’s pretty fun)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I really wish Jeff wasn’t so expensive cuz it’s such a cool little tech answer to so many things