Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

His takeaway will be "I was acquitted of rape. She was lying about the rape. They want me to be a rapist but I'm not folks I'm not they're all liars."

100% this. I'm already hearing his stupid voice in my head saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Kavros posted:

They ... have no mouth and they must scream

They scream into the Khala but only Amon listens.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Wasn’t he posting pictures claiming it was the feds setting up the boxes to frame him at one point or was that a fever dream?

He definitely claimed he was framed by the FBI at some point.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Tayter Swift posted:

What's funnier

Rudy's witness no longer exists

or

Rudy still exists

Rudy's witness never no longer existing. There's nothing funny about Rudy still existing.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

I feel like maybe letting the boss that throws people under the bus on the regular pay for your legal representation in a federal case he is also involved in might not be the best move but I guess I'm just not smart enough to be a diet coke delivery boy for our big, wet, president.

You want to learn how to get thrown under the bus the best, you go to the best.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Caros posted:

It is worth mentioning that May is likely as early as we can get in part because of the other trials. The three stooges effect of all his crimes means that they can't have say, a March trial date, because he needs to be in NYC for a different criminal trial.

May the rest of his misbegotten life be nothing but prison cells and court dates.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm now contemplating the hellworld scenario where the trial starts October 2024, Trump wins the election in November, he's convicted in December, pardons himself after the inauguration in January only for SCOTUS to rule the action unconstitutional in February and he has to serve as President from jail.

Just chain him to the Resolute Desk and make him actually do the job of President. No golfing allowed. No TV time. No X'ing.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Inferior Third Season posted:

Sounds like he did a pretty poo poo job at draining the swamp.

He just left tons of floaters for the DOJ to fish out.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh, Twitter's already been fined $350k for not complying lol

At least it was in this other article: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/09/special-counsel-obtained-search-warrant-for-donald-trumps-twitter-account-00110484

Elon laughs at this in comparison to the billions he's already lit on fire.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

deoju posted:

Musk isn't a "natural born citizen," and Constitutionally can't be president.

And thank God for that.

President Musk rebranded it the United States of X in the hell dimension.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

I suspect a not-insignificant amount of the contenders are also doing the math on a geriatric, obese, narcissistic-raging rear end in a top hat that sucks down hamberders all day while thinking exercise depletes your body battery and figuring they've got a more than decent shot at the base's tangerine dream dropping dead at a convenient time. Once he's dead they'll have a, probably metaphorical, knife fight to take the torch out of his still cooling hand and run with it.

Just bring a good cleaver and take the hand with you, it'll be faster so you'll have a head start.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Doesn't the Georgia Republican party hate Trump for costing them Senate seats?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

100% what I pictured when I read that name.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

He doesn't have to drop out even then. He can still run as an independent candidate, or threaten it and demand they make him the official one anyway to avoid him acting as a spoiler.

I honestly expect him to burn the Republican Party down if he has to try to get that presidency and its sweet self-pardons.

Of course he'll burn the Republican Party to the ground if it serves his self interests. It's just the culmination of a lifelong pattern of behavior.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Oracle posted:

And that's why there' s no vampires in the US. They're afraid of our prison sentences.

I thought it's because all the border guards are racists who refuse to invite them in.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

There was a case where someone tried to argue they had already completed their life sentence because they had died then been resuscitated.

Spoilers: the courts did not find this argument persuasive

The courts are no fun. That's good lateral thinking.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Deuce posted:

Any decent defense attorney would have known to appeal that to a Fey court.

Edit: Particularly if the convict was a vampire. The undead by definition cannot serve a life sentence!

If the living can be given a death sentence then why couldn't the undead be given a life sentence?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I guess Terrorism is similar to Bourbon. Real Bourbon can only come from Kentucky, so I guess Real Terrorism can only come from the Middle East.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

On paper sure but Trump's main defense is "chud juror creates mistrial" and that's a lot lot lot more likely if Trump is in the room. Chuds are a lot less likely to just TROMP OUT if it's not trump himself in the defense stand.

It's not like any of this is hard to prove. Nobodys' arguing he didn't do it. There's no factual issue here. Trump will tell you he did it, and it was perfect, the best ever.

Trump never did a RICO, but if he ever did, it would be the grandest, most perfect RICO you've ever seen. Way better than any RICO Joe Biden and his son Hunter could dream up. It really just proves how inept and corrupt Joe Biden is that he can't even RICO properly like me, a beautiful minded genius.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

You're all forgetting this critical piece of precedent:

Case Name: Nixon v Demon Rats
Citation: 1977 U.S. Controversial Statements 45 (Supreme Court)
Quote: "When the President does it, it's not a crime." - Richard Nixon

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Caros posted:

Are you telling me that duechebank engaged in fraud?

I... I never thought this day would come.

Hand over my heart, I'm shocked I say, shocked.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Simplex posted:

Someone probably stole his phone to keep him out of jail

Can we consider this giving aid and comfort to an enemy of the United States?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Republicans posted:

Basically do everything you can to run out the clock and hope you get elected before you're in jail.

Just 13 months to go until all hope is irrevocably lost for him!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Gyges posted:

Honestly, if you actually want to cause Trump distress when violating the gag order, then all early infractions should come with global press releases that pontificate on whether it's his hands or his actual net worth that are smaller.

Add a third option, Putin's respect for Trump.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Cimber posted:

Powell going first put the screws to everyone else. Now they know that she got a sweetheart deal and they are more likely looking at prison time unless they cough up something _really_ good.

It's fall and RICO's in the air :allears:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

Kinda nerve wracking that this whole thing might come down to voir dire.

Voiry dire indeed :smith:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm willing to bet the small fish are such nobodies they are truly all in on the cult and even when they get thrown in prison they'll keep faith in trump.

It's the Cult season of AHS slowly moving into it's endgame.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Rigel posted:

I'm assuming he is focused on "after I win, all this poo poo goes away and we will also make sure I am president for life"

Don't forget the part I'm sure is spinning through his dark, twisted heart of how he's going to make everyone who did this to him is going to pay.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

SpeakSlow posted:

Trump's Defence is at one all things, but is also NOT all things at the same time.

Ah, the quantum defense. Too bad that defense is error prone and has a tendency to being destabilized when actually measured by a judge.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

skeleton warrior posted:

Not to mention it gets the punishment now, rather than at the end of a multi-year appeals strategy.

Ah, the time-value theory of prison. Fascists imprisoned now are worth more than fascists imprisoned in the future. I like it.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Jesus III posted:

Trump should flip

Seems like a good idea. I'm sure he's got the dirt on Pence.

skeleton warrior posted:

I mean, would you rather have Trump in jail for five years starting in February, or Trump in jail for ten years starting when he’s 84?

What's that old saying? A Trump in a cell is worth a Kraken and a Meadow?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

Why, on Joe Biden, of course!

Hunter Biden :tinfoil:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Imagining an x-men style magneto prison that no tweet can penetrate

We need to create this heaven now.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Retro42 posted:

Been mentioned before but I think Trump has FAR less COH than people think. His personal interest in this trial in particular is because it's his revenue stream yeah, but also if all his companies die all the bills are due and THAT isn't something he can handle I think. I don't know NY law but I'm assuming outstanding debt gets priority when his companies are dismantled.

Friends, we're doing great in our quest to Make America Great Again. But deranged Jack Smith and the corrupt DoJ are intent on keeping YOUR president from being re-elected again. I need your help to make sure we WIN in 2024 and finish draining the swamp. Please click the button below and know that your contribution will help defeat crooked Joe Biden and the deep state. MAGA!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Which would be different from any other day how?

Even more coked out than normal. Pupils the size of saucers.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Lammasu posted:

What would happen if Don Jr. got caught snorting in the courthouse bathroom? There is a non-zero percent chance of this happening.

Judge makes him snort the entire bag right there in front of the court as punishment. Then jail. Maybe he makes him continue testifying before jail. Also a nominal fine.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

The Bible posted:

So just literally "I have no business running a business of any size. I don't have the faintest clue even of what I'm [i]supposed[\i] to be doing."

I believe this to be a true and honest statement about Don Jr

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Clarste posted:

Aren't the accountants the ones being thrown under the bus right now?

That explains the tears.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Gyges posted:

They have nothing to argue for an appeal, and so are now trying to create an issue to appeal. They've locked in on the clerk, because as a bunch of bullies they can tell that's what'll piss off the judge the most. The consequences they face tomorrow are irrelevant to them, because this is today and those consequences are for some future chump to deal with.

Future Kise and future Habba are dickheads and gently caress them, we have a court case to lose today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Gyges posted:

See, nothing stops the deepstate swamp from victimizing your favorite President. Such a strong, unbeatable, lion of a man can't be stopped, but the only way to save him is for you to send him the balance of your savings account. It's for America, and God!

Our donations are helping our bigliest, wettest President fight for America, but I'm not sure our savings accounts alone will be enough. We should use all of our available credit to take out loans and spend it on Daddy's lawsuits America's future!