Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Ground floor executive posting

Household staples for a two person household:
Premier protein shakes
String cheese
Bulk nuts
Bottled drinks
Cat litter
Cleaning supplies
Laundry detergent
Prepared foods: meatloaf and Mac and cheese are staples for lazy meal prep weeks. Potluck MVPs are the cakes/pies, vegetable trays, dips and crackers.
Grapeseed/olive oil
Better than bouillon
Clothing, but lol if you wear masculine clothes and weigh less than 180lbs because the small/30 inch waist sizes are few and far between at my home warehouse. I usually have better luck in ladyland as a M/L compared to my spouse.
OTC meds: generic zyrtec
Soap/body hygiene: bring back the Cetaphil bar soap :argh:
Glasses from Costco Optical
Quinoa
Electronics/Appliances: I have always purchased in warehouse and moved it myself so I can't speak to the in home delivery experience
Car batteries
Blankets: they better bring back the good Sherpas this year
Gas

A weird assortment of staples. PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Camping gear at mine started going on closeout a few weeks ago at my warehouse. I'm in the lower Midwest where camping season is basically April-early October. Clothing and seasonal items are fall oriented now.

After finally getting to take out the sleeping pad I bought there on closeout a few weeks ago, I can safely say that I do not recommend the cascade sleeping pad. Admittedly, I am comparing it to my spouse's Big Agnes sleeping pad that was $100+ new and mine was $29.97, but I'm not a fan. I'm going to keep it for if I get into backpacking or have friends who need to borrow gear but I'll be going to REI to test a better sleep system before my next trip.

It's a pain in the rear end to deflate and pack into the stuff sack with the individual connected pillows rather than one with large/long channels. I am 5'4" 160lbs and it bottomed out on me when I was side sleeping, yet was oddly stiff at the same time. It's hard to access the air valve to let out a little bit of air to make it less stiff because it's on the underside of the pad, not the top. I didn't think the 23 inch width would be much different than the spouse's 25 inch pad but I felt cramped, the extra inch on each side counts.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

skipdogg posted:

We’ve been burned by several Realgood branded items being absolute dog poo poo. We refuse to buy anything Realgood anymore

I'm in maintenance mode now/very slow continued weight loss after dropping 115 pounds and the thing I've learned from surgery and losing weight is that diet food sucks. I'd rather have a single unhealthy enchilada with the same number of calories of 3 lovely diet ones, no matter how much healthier the diet version might be.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Here's a little jingle that may help you op:

🎵🎶
Kimchi is a delicious low calorie treat
when you're trying to watch what you eat!
Try Jongga!
The one with two "g"s!
🎶🎵

Alas, I'm a vegetarian.

Jongga has shrimp and anchovies, sorry kimchi evangelists. Much like a gluten free communion wafer, I split a slice of cheese pizza and a couple of bottled waters with my spouse instead of having a hot dog+refill when we take communion at church

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
They don't have the La Colombe coffees at my church, only Rise brand nitro oat milk cold brews and the k-land canned coffee. The Rise coffees recently got the death star and five bucks knocked off the case price which sucks because my lactose intolerant spouse got hooked on them and we both liked that they weren't absurdly full of sugar.

Now, if they replace the Rise coffee with La Colombe, RIP my heart rate

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Are they still doing the recall on the protein shakes because I may get a membership to costco to get them.

I buy 2-3 cases a month of the chocolate Premier. None of the cases I have purchased that have been recalled. The stock levels of all of the flavors have been consistent (knock on wood) at my warehouse throughout the pandemic.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I find it ridiculous that in America, land of :btroll: that the Costco food court is as boring and bland as it is compared to the rest of the world

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Don't think anybody said it was boring or bland but go off

Nah, it's boring as hell compared to international Costco.
Canada has poutine, Japan and Korea have the bulgogi bake, Australia has boba and donut balls, England has baked potatoes, Mexico has Hawaiian pizza for some reason

We have a churro and it's not very good

(My BMI is normal I swear)

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Ordered two pairs of glasses on Sunday. The first pair arrived yesterday and the second pair arrived today. My eyes have experienced the miracle of high quality, affordable glasses once again.

PUBC

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

incogneato posted:

Is this the Pendleton Sherpa blankets I'm seeing on the website? Are they highly recommended?

Controversial take:
I don't think the Pendleton Sherpas are as good as the old two sided version from Life Comfort. I thought the old one was heavier and I liked the ability to choose if I wanted Sherpa or the silky texture of the other side. The Pendleton looks great but feels thinner and like it won't be as warm.

I'll probably cave and buy a Pendleton this year but won't be happy about it. They have the Life Comfort brand Sherpa version but only in kids' sizes :mad:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

If I can manage to get my spouse and I to get a good photo together before November, I'm planning on these cards this year. I saw them last year a few weeks before Christmas and was very upset that I missed the opportunity to have Costco hotdog themed Christmas cards even though I don't eat hot dogs.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Just got back from Costco :cool:

Bought a packable blanket for just over 1/3 the price of a Rumpl and a cookie decorating kit for a Halloween potluck, and I forgot to buy the cashews I went in for.

Oh, and gas for 40 cents cheaper a gallon. Hell yeah.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
My Skechers sandals lasted 3 months before the elastic snapped. I feel weird returning them to Costco after 90+ days so I'll just eat the $14.97 and move on with my life.

I know, I could just return them but it feels scummy.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
In reasons why my spouse is the best, they've agreed to use this as our Christmas card once we get photos taken next week:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jesus christ, why are there so many mods in here with stupid rear end opinions

Weird, I don't see a star by your name

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

Has anyone tried this?

I am intrigued but also somewhat horrified by the concept of plant based sparkles

Probably just something like this:
https://www.wilton.com/white-sparkling-sugars-8-ounces/191010102.html

Sugar is plant based. It's a really dumb unregulated term like natural that makes people assume it's healthy or somehow better for them. Oreos are plant based as they're vegan, but it sure as hell doesn't make them healthy.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Tokelau All Star posted:

When I was in high school I was super hungry after coming home from football practice and decided to just chow an entire costco chicken with my hands over the kitchen sink. My grandma thought it was the funniest poo poo ever.

One of the most surreal moments I had as a high school debate coach was walking into the classroom for practice and seeing a handful of teenagers standing around a rotisserie chicken picking it apart and eating it with their bare hands while chanting the school song as if they had purchased the rotisserie chicken as a sacrifice.

I backed out of the room slowly and let them have their moment.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Popped over last night for a cheap hot dog dinner and spent $85.

50 hot dogs+refills is a bit excessive for dinner but you do you

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Renegret posted:

And now I'm never going to get that amazing Costco Hotdog Christmas card.

2023 is the worst year ever and it just started.

I forgot to post this earlier but the Holiday Hot Dog card is definitely the best card *I've* ever sent out.

"Sending our love, best wishes, and hot dog flavored kisses"

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Cheese pizza is the platonic ideal of pizza. :colbert:

Also it's pretty much the only vegetarian choice that's savory, at the Costco food court.

Also why the hell did they add sesame seeds to the hot dog buns? My husband is allergic to sesame and can't get his $1.50 communion anymore.

Probably a warehouse by warehouse thing. That being said, with allergen label laws changing to list sesame as an allergen some manufacturers have found it easier to add it to products and label it rather than deal with cross contamination concerns: https://apnews.com/article/sesame-allergies-label-b28f8eb3dc846f2a19d87b03440848f1

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Four per flavor per membership per day.

My spouse drinks 1-2 of the chocolate ones per day due to bariatric surgery and we may have used three separate membership cards in three separate transactions on Friday to take advantage of the sale and get them a six month supply for $100 cheaper than usual.

I thought it expired on the 25th, but if it's still going I may have to run out there for another stockup. My cabinets look wild right now, but that purchase alone justified the annual membership fee in one night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I bought a Life Comfort child size Sherpa blanket for my office. Childish prints and colors (because they're meant for literal children) but the perfect size for a lap blanket in my sometimes cold office basement. The cat stole my last lap blanket, so I've been having to use a bulky one that keeps getting caught in the wheels of my office chair.

Unfortunately, the cat has also decided the blanket is the best possible thing I could have brought home from church: