Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Welp, been having server issues, so I'll take a break for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Taking it slow on Sumeru despite like three events going on. Definitely liking the new area so far. Also got Kokomi (and a 4th Diluc) in 40 rolls. As someone who's trying to get away from playing Diluc that's a bad sign. :v:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Hellioning posted:

Time for the only real resource: Shoving a bunch of characters you like in one team and figuring out how they synergize.

:hmmyes:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Midgame is still roughest part of Genshin imo and wish there was to make it better, but since grinding is what keeps people playing, I doubt they'll improve that.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

One of the Tales games had a silent protagonist and a NG+ reward was unlocking his voice acting. I'm crazy enough to play through the story a second time if only hear to Traveler voice acting.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

I've had Ganyu since day 1 of her first banner and forget I even have her sometimes.

Same but only because playing bow characters on a controller was a complete pain in the rear end

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Leathal posted:

That new survey was pretty funny to fill out as a new player. Haven’t seen a single one of the things they wanted feedback about.

On a different note, is there any way of making controller aim for bows better without tripping anti-cheat? It’s absolutely horrendous.

You could try gyro aiming if you have a compatible controller (not officially supported, but can be enabled via Steam or other programs); never tried it myself but people swore it makes bow controls much better.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

while I'm a bit annoyed HSR has the QOL improvents that fans have been asking for years, there's definitely been a large outcry online that game will somehow kill this game, but mihoyo at the very least knows what they're doing since GI, HSR, and the upcoming ZZZ game all cater to completely different audiences.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

on the one hand nobody likes censorship, on the other hand WHERE'S THE BEEF, MIHOYO

shame the only fat mihoyo character will be a bear (albeit a loving awesome bear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZB-XEk67Jg

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

luckily HSR and ZZZ are different enough (and not appealing enough to me) that I can just stick with this game without being sucked into another gacha game hell

Zenostein posted:

Who the hell would make ⭕️ descend and ❌ ascend? Why would you look at a controller and say "yes, this makes sense?"

I couldnt even play bow characters on a controller until they finally added x y axis adjustments like a year later

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

this event will most likely be back; it's sumeru's windblume. I only really pay attention to events if there's voice acting - if it's some event of the week with some random npc I just skip the dialogue and get the rewards as fast as possible.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

The Switch version of this is never gonna come out is it

as someone who played on a base PS4 all the way thru inazuma, I wouldn't wish that performance on anyone

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

yae is good because she can brute force those puzzles in inazuma :eng101:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Tree Reformat posted:

I've been thinking for a while the Dain Quests might by themselves add up to the Khaenri'ah Chapter by the end, but the latest map expansion includes Khaenri'ah's literal front door, so what do I know.

it wouldn't surprise me if we get a sneak peek of the endgame areas far earlier kind of how like in Elden Ring you could check out a bit of leyndell all the way from limgrave

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

It also isn't very fun starting with meh cards and being forced to use filler literally worthless to your deck to meet minimum size requirements. I think folks really into the TCG forgot how bad the starting stuff is. It's a barrier to entry. If I have a half hour to play genshin I'm going to do some combination of something; currently fun, that gets me primos,or improves the base gameplay loop.
The TCG at level 1 or 2 does none of those, even if I might enjoy it at some later level.

that's how I'm feeling with it. like I actually enjoyed playing with the prebuilt decks during this event, just not in the mood to grind it out to make my own optimal deck

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I already have a zhongli but I’m kinda thinking about building my Layla for a second half abyss team.

She seems pretty strong over all.

Good idea or bad idea?

DancingShade posted:

Layla is a mobile force field who freezes enemies if you have any hydro. Her shield is very strong (focus on HP stats) and her burst is only 40 energy. Great unit, toss her a spare favonius or similar.

Endorph posted:

Layla's very underrated, she's probably the second strongest pure shielder in the game.

finally leveled up my Layla up to par with my main team and this is true. I'm also starting to use her over ZL. Will miss ZL's 20 sec shield, but being able to just tap and not hold (as well as not having dealing with an annoying pillar that spawns in front of you) makes her more enjoyable to play with.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Cat Plus Plus posted:

Same. I might've just left it alone, but it was a blocker for some other quest so powered through in the end. I think Mona made a big difference.

The real "what the gently caress even is this bullshit" moment is that 30s fight in Enkanomiya though. Nothing else so far was even close to how unfun this is.

mine was that one quest in dragonspine where you have to kill waves of enemies under 3 min and the last wave had you fighting cryo mages while in the middle of a freezing lake

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

I hope the next story beats give me that high I got when I did the chasm for the first time. that story quest is still my favorite part of the entire game so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH4sYbhcP6E

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

What on earth drove Genshin to keep upping the number of oculus collectables in every region. it goes from like 60, to 130, to 180, to 270. I hope fondane doesn't follow the trend and bump it to 400 something, this is getting silly, there's already more than enough puzzles and chests to keep most people busy collecting for 15 hours per region

it's to piss off all the completionists (like me)

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

will be the funniest poo poo when all the harbingers get banners EXCEPT signora

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

because yae needs to bully raiden (now if only she worked against my most hated inazuma boss, thundering manifestation)

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

If you goons are interested in that concert, better start planning ahead and F5ing the venue of choice even before the unlock time. NYC's queue this morning was already around in the thousands.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

So is it really the case that Neuvillette's water laser thing is his charge attack? Because that's going to suck rear end on controllers where you have to hold down a face button because the right stick is then inaccessible unless you do some dumb finger acrobatics.

ah yes the classic monster hunter on psp control scheme; you could probably mitigate with gyro aiming unless you use an xbox controller (like me sigh)

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Traveller posted:

Imagine four commissions at the edge of a cliff

mihoyo please make a fontaine character named johnny who plays TCG tia

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

my new criteria is how fun a character plays which is why I benched my C1 Hu Tao who plays the opposite of fun and main Raiden instead

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

mycot posted:

The phone number is still the same, but I'm not sure if I ever actually linked it to the account. I'll shoot a customer support email.

Logically it's not a big deal and I should probably just start over, I never got a single 5 star so that shows how little progress the account actually achieved. I'm most annoyed at myself for not being able to remember the email, it's so familiar but nothing is pulling up :sweatdrop:

if you still remember all the details within your account you might have a chance. dunno how mihoyo's support is like but many of the gacha games I know ask you a bunch of questions like what characters you have and what levels they are at, what weapons/skills they have, who is on your friends list, receipts if you bought premium currency, etc

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

the music is the one you will truly miss, but voice and sound effects are :shrug:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?m_code=GB4UAMAXUN&utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=homeshare

Gold

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Danakir posted:

My understanding is that since Genshin is open world, they're MUCH more aggressive about culling content to keep the game size in check on phones.

I wonder if at some point they'll pull a Destiny 2 and just stop supporting PS4s - that hard drive just isnt cutting it and it will just get worse the bigger the game gets; even Star Rail is PS5 only and that game is much more linear

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

I lost the 50/50 on wriothsley, but furina is my real goal and the banners starting with her all the way till like 4.6 will be murder on my primo stash

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

the only good archon is tsaritsa because her and her wagner group fatui know celestia is full of poo poo so hopefully the rest of the archons wake up; I actually dont think we will see the true poo poo-just-got-real story moments until snezhnaya or whatever the chapter after that one will be

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I feel kinda weird when people say that they're not interested in picking up new characters because they already have an established team. Like, there's only like 4 types of characters here, a DPS, healer, shielder or healer. But saying that is a few steps off from saying gamble more so I'm conflicted.

I think it's because it's such a time sink in order to get characters to 80/90 with 6+ talents.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

No Wave posted:

120 pulls for one charlotte!!! Havent been denied the new 4 star so hard in the long time.

lol I got 2 furinas before a single charlotte showed up

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

I wanna know more about Columbina and why, exactly, shes an awful person

she's just misunderstood (because hoyo needs to sell her banner :v:)

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

They've done a good job at making the world feel alive by having a bunch of NPCs go through thru their own story arcs in daily commissions, but drat there are so many characters you can play as you only encounter for like a minute. Razor stands out, because he doesn't have a hangout and you're just with him for like half an hour at the very beginning of the game. Other times they give a lot of highlight to characters, like Sucrose and Collei having a really cute friendship blossoming because they're both introverts but that's behind an event that only existed for three weeks

Then there's other characters like, Kirara who I don't think has been in an event, a story mission, or even a patch event except being mentioned recently by another character who isn't even out yet designing her costume and our character is like "Oh, you designed Kirara's costume!" even though we've got absolutely no reason to have met her yet

maybe someday Mihoyo will realize Sara actually exists

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

I did wish CR had better overworld movement aside from bunny hopping. was so disappointed shes not a flyer

also I really need to start playing other styles again aside from hyperbloom lol, used to run Hu Tao vape for a while but shes so unfun to play

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Note Block posted:

Tighnari and Yae are a match made in heaven

want to run this team so bad, but Tighnari is too greedy for those water flowers :arghfist:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

is that what we're calling it now

we will never know just like President Shinra

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

xianyun is on my re-run list mainly to wait for more plunge characters to get released since my only character that would benefit with her is diluc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

the anime is shaping up to like the switch version, ie they announced it way too loving early and its not coming out any time soon