Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

imagine giving a single poo poo about the fate of the ukrainian state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/after-u-s-reversal-germany-to-provide-ukraine-with-tanks

quote:

The German government said it would initially provide Ukraine with one company of Leopard 2 A6 tanks, or 14 vehicles. The goal is for Germany and its allies to provide Ukraine with 88 of the German-made Leopards, which comprise two battalions.

lmao

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

lmao you can plainly see from the marks on the left side that those are just older shell craters which filled with snow

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

DancingShade posted:

My favorite part of the ICC is the branding. "International" criminal court.

It sounds a lot nicer than "EU court", or "Netherlands Court For Arresting Africans Outside Our Jurisdiction".

Sanctions didn't work, force didn't work, perhaps sending a sternly worded letter will.

ironic that the international criminal court only prosecutes people from countries that aren't a part of the international community

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1637879168397619203

ive been critical of orban in the past for his determination to assist putin in his genocidal plans for world domination but this time hes gone too far!!!

what the gently caress is wrong with europeans

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Freezer posted:

About that... I'm no expert but you probably don't want to face Leopards and Challengers in tanks manufactured 5 decades ago.

i'd much rather face a leopard in a 5 decade old tank than any modern one if that 5 decade old tank came with numerical superiority and complete artillery dominance backing it up

also leopards and challengers are 5 decades old dude

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/OlgaBazova/status/1648724180358029315

only prepared spellcasters allowed in the rules based international world order

frightening that the orks have developed an affinity for magic, is this the escalation needed to bring NATO into the war?

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

the orks using their witchcraft to call down balls of lightning on kyiv, when will NATO finally launch the nukes and punish these intransigent slavs?

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

the below tweet that screenshots bits from an article that quotes anonymous administration officials was posted two pages ago and there were zero objections to it, and in fact someone said the thread "called it" over a month ago

yeah no poo poo idiot, it's because we know what "anonymous administration officials" actually means

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

sorry folx the hypersonic missile shootdown has been reported on by NPR and is therefore now 100% undeniable FACT, it will be placed in the OP

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

is that what they impeached trump with in the end? all i remember it was something to do with ukraine and and les/lev (?) parnas and some officer dude who listened in to calls and something? didn’t like what trump was saying?

gently caress me, just totally switched off at the end of trumps term. at least he didn’t go to war with iran for knocking out a billion dollar drone, but then he did nearly go to war with iran knocking out a genera so…

congress had approved money for ukraine and trump refused to actually send it unless ukraine released hunter biden's dick pics or emails or w/e iirc

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

you mean to tell me a site run by liberals has become fascist in less than 2 years??

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

love the image of lib photojournalists sheepishly asking nazis to please remove their fascist insignias so they can take some pictures

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

joe biden saying we're gonna blow up that pipeline and then the pipeline blowing up is all the evidence i need

that russia did it

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

lmao @ the trigger warning for people having different opinions

r/combatfootage gifs of russian conscripts being blown up? drake yes. pavel from germany saying he just wishes the war was over and people weren't dying? oh god i'm feeling faint...

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

whew, just got done clandestinely blowing up a dam without ukraine being able to catch any footage of it with their numerous drones which are somehow able to capture hundreds of HD videos of russian soldiers being blown up by grenades

just going to go ahead and phone putin now to let him know...

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

so that's between the dam in zaporozhye and the kakhovka? because that wouldn't necessarily mean ukraine is cutting off flow upstream, the river is going to retreat there even if ukraine is releasing as much flow as possible

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there are limits to how long the dams upstream can be totally closed before they overtop and fail

good thing ukraine was dumping record amounts of water into the kakhovka reservoir in the months leading up to its collapse then, should be plenty of volume in the upstream reservoirs

it does seems a bit irresponsible for ukraine to do that after they attacked and damaged the sluice gates on the kakhovka dam but i'm sure it was just an accident

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

DancingShade posted:

Warhammer is pretty popular. Back when I still hammed the war I bought my fair share of 3rd party original resin sculpts from Eastern and Southern Europe. Italy, Ukraine, Poland etc. Top quality originals, all deserving of a better painter than my ten thumbs.

The problem with calling Russians "orcs" as I see it is the WH40k faction "orks" are really loving good. Like I haven't played for a long time but my old chaos marines would get rolled up most of the time against an orc opponent because they out melee'd and out shot me.

So calling Russians "orcs" is more funny than anything. As a 40k player I wouldn't see it as derogatory but as a comical moniker. Oh those orks, they're loving unstoppable once they get a good waaaah going, haha. etc

It's fail kid propaganda.

i'm suddenly reminded of the head of that bolivian NGO that was bleating about evo morales burning down the rain forest who couldn't stop mentioning all over her social media accounts that she was the great-granddaughter of a former bolivian dictator

if the fail kids don't plaster their identities all over their propaganda how will anyone higher up in the state department ever know it was them who made it???

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

double nine posted:

what's the link between that vu website and publishing house media llc?

that ukr voice site is registered as VYDAVNYCHYY DIM MEDIA-DK LLC which seems like a different thing?

click the donate button and check out who it wants US and EU citizens to send money to

oh and VYDAVNYCHYY DIM MEDIA-DK LLC is just PUBLISHING HOUSE MEDIA-DC LLC in romanized ukrainian lol

BEAR GRYLLZ has issued a correction as of 11:39 on Jun 13, 2023

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Congressional resolutions aren't worth the paper they're printed on. They're about as powerful as UN resolutions. It's an expression of sentiment and little else. Like, congress can't compel the Executive branch to enforce that resolution, the president would have to go along with it voluntarily.

haha yeah, thank goodness our president would never do that

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

libs plz dont cheer when nazis coup a government challenge

you see the sledgehammer is actually a symbol dating back to ancient times

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Ukrainian troops reportedly reclaim territory in Kherson province

:thunk:

The stupidity of russians knows no bounds. They just can't stop committing war crimes that accomplish nothing and help the Ukrainians

it couldn't have been ukraine who destroyed the dam, didn't you see their picture of a car on the dam loaded with explosives with its roof handily cut away so you could see the explosives??

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

*slaps roof of brigade* you can fit so many nazi tattoos in this bad boy

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

wow I can't believe russia would intentionally disconnect power to the zaporizhhya nuclear power plant risking a catastrophic nuclear meltdown

when will NATO finally step in and put an end to these orcs??

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

Timetable of war-changing weapons:

- Javelins
- Himars
- Leopard tanks
- F16's
- Cluster bombs

What am I missing?
-

mlmp not getting thread banned for earnestly insisting that the west never engaged in wunderwaffe fantasies and it was actually only the russian that did is, yet again, proof that all mods and iks are loving worthless

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

DancingShade posted:

This. Discussion doesn't mean "everyone has the same opinion, also now let's form a circle and jerk each other off".

Hell if gimmicks and dumb opinions were all it takes I'd have been shown the door a long time ago.

it's not bad opinions, it's pedantically arguing objectively wrong poo poo for pages on end without ever shutting the gently caress up

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Weka posted:

Surely terror bombing will work this time.

mlmp is hardly our worst regular. tbh I appreciate not having to go anywhere else to get a different point of view and they're not a psycho so I encourage them to continue posting.

who is worse? and woe be upon you if you say fizzy

ok time is up: the correct answer was empty quoting this post

BEAR GRYLLZ has issued a correction as of 10:34 on Jul 8, 2023

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

stephenthinkpad posted:

Goobad news for Ukraine, they will be cluster shelling Donetsk.

ukraine has been using cluster bombs on donetsk since 2014

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

fizzy posted:

And it's clear that people who call themselves Banderites do not share his ideologies and probably have never read any of his writings, Yermolenko said.

"It's like wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt without knowing who Che Guevara was. (It's) just because it looks nice, and (Bandera is) a symbol of the underground resistance to the Soviets."

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1507572692601483268

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

cspam is losing the threadban arms race

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've never understood the whole Russian hate thing. Most Russians are nice people with a hosed up government, same as Americans.

if they weren't disgusting orc pigs who loved war and deserved death they would have taken up arms against their government for this illegal invasion

what was i doing during the iraq war? look it was a different time and like, saddam was a bad guy? it's different

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Endman posted:

I was trawling around the internet for Cold War German photographs and I found this great US Army diagram:

I love the idyllic German farmhouse on the Western side, and the eeeeevil Communist watchtower on the Eastern side, with what could either be treestumps or corpses bicycles on the ground.

if you squint you can even make out the swastika on the farmhouse

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

finland simps in 1940 and 2023: "ok so maybe we had to give them karelia, but it was actually russia's back in the 18th century before they gave it to us and made us an independent duchy so technically this is still a strategic victory for finland"

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Endman posted:

Please do not fall into the comically obvious open manhole with the “making fun of the fat lady” sign pointing to it

my dude the "General Director of the National Museum of Holodomor Genocide" doesn't need your defense

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

the intranational community

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Death By The Blues posted:

A slight aside but looks like one of the Afd candidates in germany got their poo poo kicked in.

https://twitter.com/realDerksen/status/1690812892076015616

extremely cruel of the people who beat him to not target the one area he could use some swelling in

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

though it would be extremely funny if this was just another TWA 800 and a mid-air lightening strike caused a nearly empty wing tank to explode

it was the tail that came off in flight, both of the wings were still on the plane until it hit the ground

but yeah this just being a freak accident is the funniest option and therefore the one i'm going to believe

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

ok this is the funniest option now, i believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Zoeb posted:

I think there is an understatement of the threat that fascists pose.

agreed, this is why russia must win to end the threat of a fascist ukraine