Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

KomradeX posted:

These people really do find utter contempt in people having their own immediate problems . Just seeing the personalities of Liberals and Conservatives collapse into one sneering hate for anyone that actually has to work for a living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

:yooge: "They're not sending their best."

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

speng31b posted:

There's been some reporting recently that seems to indicate Ukraine and NATO are looking at retaking Kherson as the last big event before opening to negotiations

https://english.nv.ua/nation/us-and-nato-see-peace-talks-between-ukraine-and-russia-only-if-ukraine-liberates-kherson-50282205.html

If this was true, there's no way they'd be speaking about it publicly. All I can think about is how Ukraine was talking about Kherson non stop right up until their big push into Kharkov.

I'm guessing this is either PR or a feint to keep Russian forces pinned in position around Kherson and/or to cover another offensive in the east. Wonder what the defensive lines around Mariupol look like.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

speng31b posted:

The cynical (and quite probably correct) take is that the US sees public support for continued and escalated funding of the war fading, and wants to signal openness to negotiations to Ukraine as well as internal audiences so that public opinion doesn't fade faster than NATO can achieve its goals. But may or may not be actually open to said negotiation.

That's more or less what I meant by PR. Keeping the West's civilian populations (especially those in Europe) happy about sending untold billions to Ukraine is every bit as critical to their war effort as rail lines and ammunition.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Majorian posted:

Just to head off any confusion for anyone lurking or whatever, this is Spanish Galicia, not the region of Galicia that sits between Poland and Ukraine.

*Tears up his letter to the ADL asking the red maple leaf to be designated as a hate symbol*

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

speng31b posted:

how many units of evil does it take to produce one trained nazi at a barracks

14 minerals and 88 gas

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
RE American Empire:

Haven't China, India, Russia and Saudi Arabia started buying and selling gas and oil, at least in part, in currencies other than the dollar?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Is there a triple-swastika?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

speng31b posted:

can I, um, speak to the manager of this brigade?

Sorry. He shot himself a long time ago.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

bonelessdongs posted:

Many people already have

r/pol Pot

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Eagerly awaiting the maple leaf to join the swastika, wolfsangle, and sonnonrad on the list of hate symbols.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Al-Saqr posted:

AMERICA STANDS FOR DEMOCRACY, YOU GOTTA LICK UKRAINES rear end PEOPLE JUST THIS ONCE THIS TIME FOR REAL AMERICA FIGHTS FOR THE GOOD GUYS AND DEMOCRATIC VALUES

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1593500020774420481?s=20&t=3zZewrZT9QgPeLL_Es_bgg

I expect that OPEC will suddenly agree to cut production now. For reasons.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Cerebral Bore posted:

explains a lot about mlmp that he thinks making the same prediction over and over until it eventually comes true due to sheer coincidence is some sign of genius

He took the saying "A broken clock is right twice a day" as aspirational.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Zodium posted:

the ukrainian government should negotiate, imo.

Why would Russia want to negotiate? People are still hating on them for Molotov-Ribbentrop.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

sube posted:

They are now officially calling for negotiations plenty fwiw. Though, they probably just want to use it as a ceasefire to try and regroup since they realise any type of arrangements which would actually foster long-term peace are off the table -- which is why Ukraine is now rejecting all negotiations, basically, since it would hurt their goals of retaking all territory

speng31b posted:

yeah this is correct. Zelenskyy has formally rejected Russian calls for ceasefire because of this

I was making sarcastic commentary relating to the whole "Soviets were the real Nazis because Molotov-Ribbentrop!" and the "political activism" of the current Ukrainian government. Obviously the joke failed to land.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Tfw you realize Trump was trying to help you by detonating NATO.

:sad:

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Gripweed posted:

Man how does Russia get to keep being a country after this?

Man, how does a nuclear armed state just straight up invade another country, gently caress everything up, kill hundreds of thousands of people, and then just continue to exist? No country has ever survived doing this. Ever.

Certainly not within the last two decades.

Twice.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

DancingShade posted:

Meanwhile the USA MIC is scrambling to find a way to justify charging the USA government $500k per cinder block.

$500k guided precision munition cinder block.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

There is something poetic about Europe being impoverished and destroyed by imperialism.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Long Pig is on the menu

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

So I guess Phillip Kirkorov and Nikolai Baskov can't appear on TV anymore, right?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Put Bandera on the cover, you cowards.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Ban +30 for denying the Jan 6 genocide.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Weka posted:

they are super liberals.

Season one Arrow just straight up shot (like, lethally) rich people that were exploiting his city. They toned that poo poo down to standard Batman non-lethally punching homeless people levels quick.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Spergin Morlock posted:

arrow lol. what we really needed was another story about the child of a billionaire whose parents died tragically, ends up being trained by some secret martial artist in the mountains and returns to his city to fight crime. also talks in a husky voice for no reason.

did batman copy arrow, or did arrow copy batman?

I don't know enough comic book history to say, but in terms of recent history, Arrow is definitely the copy.

Thing is, in season 1 it wasn't a copy. He wasn't "fighting crime". He was just straight up killing the city's wealthy. It was the closest I've ever seen to a 'leftist' superhero.

Of course they stopped that before the end of season 1. I quit the show not too long after that.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Lostconfused posted:

So far Bakhmut seems to be the only thing both sides are focused on right now, and I'm not sure why Ukraine is fighting so desperately for it.

If Bakhmut collapses, then the entire Donetsk front, which has existed since 2014, is in danger of collapsing.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Was there ever a point (in recent history) where the anti war movement was "strong" in the US? I was young when the Iraq/Afghanistan wars started so I don't remember much. There were a lot of marches and stuff but they never seemed to result in anything.

No.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Gonna lmao when the rest of the world figures out that the US is out of missiles and this starts happening all over.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Nice of Ukraine to give Putin political cover for a second wave of and/or full mobilization.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Daddymir Put-in

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

speng31b posted:

which is a strange good guy move, because then they're just saying they murdered a civilian truck driver who thought he was delivering fertilizer. a suicide bomber would be a combatant death

They murdered an Orc and Orcs aren't people.

Please report to Obergruppenfuhrer Banderovich if you disagree.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Futanari Damacy posted:

Bandera is a pretty goofy looking guy considering he's the Head Vampire of Ukraine

loving Malkavians

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Majorian posted:

I'm absolutely crestfallen that I understood this reference.

Bloodlines or TTRPG?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Same.

V5 is pretty good if you haven't tried it yet. I made Lenin as a Ventrue. Never played him, but it was a fun exercise.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Truga posted:

i'm the two countries that have been perpetually at war for decades in the same alliance

Notice that they don't include Pakistan and Afghanistan in their list of countries in the alliance. In this alternate universe, India genocides its way up to the Iranian border, so there are no warring countries within the alliance. Only India.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Frosted Flake posted:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills because not only did SEATO exist, it spectacularly failed. There are case studies about this. What the gently caress?

*Reminds you about your attempts to explain artillery at family gatherings*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Hitler would have received similar rewards for resisting Communism if he just hadn't gone west.