Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Cowslips Warren posted:

So I just want to be sure in Demons, main dude Planck told his gf he'd be back after a year of training, and it's been like 4 years now, and she moved on and got married and had a kid but we're supposed to hate her for that, right? Instead of finding her annoying because all she's done is cry and scream his name.
Yeah, I'll stan Maggie here, I don't think she's intended to be hated for that nor do I think she's really done anything wrong. The thing about her and Copper is it's not like she despises him. They dated for years, she seriously loved him, and he mistreated and betrayed her. What that means is she still has some emotional attachment to him, and after it's reasonable to presume Planck dead, the financial pressures of remaining unmarried combined with the fact that Copper seemed to be making a genuine effort to do things over provides a pretty reasonable incentive for her to give him a chance, although jumping right into being engaged to Copper after not talking to him for like 4 years is total soap opera bullshit.

Even post-timeskip, consider Maggie being unhappy because her husband is taking the chance to train baseball over spending a day with her, unexpectedly. And Planck has, what, taken the last 4 years prioritizing training baseball over having any contact with her at all? She'd have loved him even if he got another job, but despite getting into baseball initially to impress Maggie, my take is that Planck has in fact thrown Maggie away to prioritize the chance at playing baseball again. He's the fuckup here, not Maggie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball
How do you pick names for characters? I read that article on the comic that translated the title as Scary Alien Baseball Team and I really like your translation of Demons of Baseball to capture the 'scary intense outsider baseball players' feel, it's a lot less literal but I feel hits the described mood of the Korean title better. And clearly you're picking more western given names while keeping family names of characters, but I'm wondering if part of that is to capture connotations of names? Like, Planck is a reference to Planck's constant, right? How did you pick that name? Does Two Guns use a nickname in Korean, too? I know you made Maggie and May match because they're sisters, but does Copper have a metallic name in Korean, is Hardy's name a reference to him being tough? Sorry, I'm just really curious! I'm really really enjoying The Demons of Baseball and I've been sharing it with a friend off-forum that loves it, too.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 01, 1956)

It might help if they wore pants. I mean that wouldn't help the soaked in water problem but just like, in general.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Copper: Tell me, wife, have you heard of... open relationships?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Drakyn posted:

I don't know, but I quite like that the modern strip has the wolves bail on a meal that was too dangerous and obviously ready for them rather than commit suicide, and that they correctly realized something's wrong if the wolves are actually trying to eat people.
Yeah, like, to be fair to the 'current' vintage strip, the wolves are probably mostly smelling a dead deer, which it's entirely reasonable for them to check out.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

The_Other posted:

Possibly, although note that we do see Humphrey in this timeline, who is Ella's son by Dan Finster, which would suggest that Ella and Glenn Hughes parted ways as they did in the regular timeline.
This is from a couple pages back, but I wonder if her older brother never got sent to prison in this timeline, because if he avoided his breaking the law as a dumbass teen phase and didn't end up in prison it'd also improve the family situation a lot.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I can't stay silent. Jules has gone too far this time. Normally I think the Sunday Mark Trails are the best, but this one is all wrong. Velella is not a siphonophore, although it used to be classified as one - currently they're considered porpitids, sometimes called chondrophores even though that's an outdated term. Both siphonophores and porpitids are colonial organisms made up of individual zooids with specialized roles that can't survive independent of the colony and appearing to be one cohesive entity, but porpitids are a family in the subclass Anthoathecata, and siphonophores are also in the Hydrozoa class, but they're an Order of the subclass Hydroidolina. Considering Velella and Porpita to be siphonophores simply because they're colonial hydrozoa living on the surface of the ocean like the Man-of-war is incorrect, and the classification I'm laying out here has been a thing since, like, 1954, so long than Jules has been alive.

Normally I'd be like, well, whatever, what does it matter, but this is presented as an educational comic. Other things that annoy me about the specific strip is that Jules repeatedly calls them jellyfish when they don't even resemble jellyfish that closely - certainly much less than a Man-of-war does - and that the focus is entirely on them washing up on beaches without going into a couple of other interesting details to get people interested - like, the velella featured in the comic is actually only half their life cycle, the polyp colony. Colonies asexually release medusa, and when the medusa are sexually mature they reproduce with each other to produce larva that form colonies as they grow into maturity. Each colony is made up of only male or female polyps, so each colony only produces male or female medusa, so one colony can't just reproduce with itself past the one-generation release of medusa.

Idk! They're neat! It feels like Jules just read an article about velella washing up on west coast beaches and then didn't really do any additional research!

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 5, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I just think it's rude of Jules to call velella jellyfish while only drawing the colonial polyp generation of their two-generation alternating life cycle. At least have a panel showing the life cycle and point to the jellyfish part (the medusa). Yes this is a comic for kids. Yes I can still complain when she calls something a siphonophore that isn't a siphonophore.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yeah they're not able to live indoors but they're still on their own private property so they're going to dodge a lot of problems of actual homelessness, I reckon.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Julet Esqu posted:

Dang, I was getting into this one. Really too bad it didn't catch on.
Yeah, I like that the pacing and setup of it mirrors a lot of Japanese creepypasta (full disclosure, I've only read translations of Japanese creepypasta I'm not like super familiar with it), but it's also like, just kids being silly kids. To clarify, I've seen the recurring trope in Japanese creepypasta where the creepy thing doesn't happen to the person supposedly telling the story, but it's secondhand 'my friend, who comes from a long tradition of spirit mediums, told me this cool story about something creepy that happened [to him/to his grandfather/to someone his family works with]', isn't it interesting?'

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Drakyn posted:

I mean she was pretty clearly a VERY bad gun runner; did you see how many completely unsold guns she had on her when she tried to shoot him?
I assumed she was transferring merch to a new safehouse, given that immediately after their first meeting there's a big deal made about how they raided the smugglers but all the merch had been moved.

Frankly I'm surprised at how strong she is.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Hempuli posted:

Fingerpori

munankorvike = egg substitute/replacement
muna = egg
muna = slang term for penis (or more probably male genitalia as a whole due to the "testicles resemble eggs" thing, even though where I'm from it's mostly been a penis euphemism)
munankorvike = penis substitute/replacement
I'm a bit hazy how you get "vagina" from "penis substitute/replacement"
Well, I suppose if you're talking crudely about gender affirmation surgery, then the thing that gets substituted for a penis would be a vagina...?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Crab Dad posted:

Yeah it’s a real joy. The modern artist just can’t get the feelings quite right.
Yeah, I enjoy the modern strip quite a bit and I think the art is excellent in it, but Foster really was next level and his expression work was basically always on point.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

His Divine Shadow posted:

From the comic I got it was a recent but short lived change in behavior myself
Plus, there's the complicating factor that he was only half being a jerk, since it was revealed he wasn't calling her Betty out of malice but because Faye had a twin sister named Betty that disappeared when they were all young enough that Faye doesn't really remember her and Ten sorta mixed Faye and Betty together in his head and was trying to figure out what the gently caress was up with that. That's only half a mitigating factor, though, because he still kept pushing it even when it was upsetting her, and iirc he was a jerk about other things like her art.

I think it would be really funny if only one of the hippie witch kids (Sweetpea and Pod?) were actually psychic and the other had just been faking it the entire time to not be left out.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Zereth posted:

Oh I thought that was like, writing on the adult's shirt. A band name or something. I had absolutely no idea what was going on.
Oh, I realized what was going on from 'the adult is dying'. We know Ten's mother has been really sick for a long time, so I'm guessing that's his mom and probably his dad. I think it's less that he doesn't care because we know he's been upset about his mom being sick, and more that it's been going on so long he's resigned to it and used to it. It's become his normal background that he just has to live in.

It's still a weird strip because I'm not sure why the super prolonged glance back ending it out, maybe it'd read better in sequence, idk.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

His Divine Shadow posted:

But revenge on who? Feels like I missed something. Did she fall out with the director or ?
I think the guy she was dating and was in love with had his career crushed either by Director Sohn or someone with the Meteors, and she broke up with him because she didn't think she could date a baseball player without a career given her position, but ever since then she's been brewing a secret revenge plan. If I remembered the exact details I could tell you exactly who she's trying to gently caress over here, but there's a non-zero chance her entire romance with Director Sohn has been part of a long con to destroy him utterly.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Whalefall is actually a pretty exciting deep sea event, Remora.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

davidspackage posted:

*holds out fist* continue to abuse your wife, Shortie!
My least favorite part of Demons of Baseball is that Hardy is doing some genuinely disturbed and disturbing stuff and then it gets treated the exact same as, say, Two Guns struggling because his ex cheated(?) on him and dumped him and is now gaslighting his dad into thinking Two Guns abused and neglected her because he's famous now, or Winnie whose American dad left him and his mom behind in abject poverty and never answered any of his mom's letters and now wants to connect because he's famous now. Like, those are legitimately hard emotional struggles neither of them deserved and it sucks Prudence cherry-picked her description of them to make them sound like the ones at fault, and Then There's Hardy, who really should just get a loving divorce and stay away from women.

EDIT: Maybe the point is that this sort of rhetoric isn't great because it might help you stand up to people that have hurt you, but then you have people like Hardy, who will use it to be a poo poo.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 3, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I feel like there's a grain of truth in what Josh says, in that dwelling too much in a bad mood over something when you can't fix it can end up poisoning your entire day, but people always use this to be like, wow, how dare you have normal human emotions over being abused and berated at work. Plus it's not really anyone else's business as long as you're not taking it out on other people, and Cooper complains but isn't the type to lash out at others, so...

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I can't believe Lula killed Ten's mom with repeated feedings. You've got to space that out, girl!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

A bit of mental math suggests that if grandma here is, say, 70 in 1990, she probably gave birth during the war or in the austere years soon after, so yeah.
Next page is spoilered for the PoV character being told a “joke” about child abuse and (to give what I think is a deserved charitable reading considering her background), it being 1993, basically only being able to laugh it off.

Naturally, in the MangaDex comments, a couple people sprang to the defense of said “joke,” bemoaning how the modern internet had gotten so soft that people would be outraged by it.
I do think the punchline of her joke is on the person making the 'joke', and her turning it around on him, at least. Still! That's a yikes for me.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Giant Ethicist posted:

Very yikes, but yeah, the point of the strip is "can you believe men make jokes like this?" rather than "listen to this funny joke a guy told me," but (again, my interpretation) 1993 Japan meant she couldn't write a comic about just braining the guy, so her reaction can read as tacit approval to modern readers.
Yeah, I read it as her reminding the guy he made that joke to make fun of him and make him uncomfortable now that he actually had a baby to associate it with, but the MangaDex commenters talking about cancel culture or whatever have no such excuse.

Sidenote, I love how she draws her baby just flapping his arms and legs excitedly. It's so cute when babies do that!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Also her episiotomy investigations are funny... it really is kind of amazing slash horrifying once you realize humans are not exactly especially suited for giving birth. I heard once 9 months is basically the limit for when a human baby could be born, based on head size and pelvis size, because if you consider, well, babies used to be smaller when people had less nutrition, well, the people giving birth were smaller, too! It's no wonder childbirth can be so dangerous, especially before germ theory was understood, because before germ theory doctors could be doing their best to provide proper medical care to their patients but not understand why they had to sanitize between performing autopsies to help understand anatomy and how to help patients and delivering a baby. Like, it's not like they were walking in completely filthy between the two, but if you don't understand germs exist you're not going to understand why a good rinse with water you're pretty sure is clean isn't enough.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Alhazred posted:

How did they build houses? How did they make clothes? You need tools to do that.
Yeah, tool use in humans irl is notable but everyone in hellworld uses tools, also even irl there are other animals that are able to make and use tools. If you're actually looking for a human trait in a world where everyone has sapience and more or less the ability to walk upright, I'd probably go with endurance, or maybe even just not fitting into the rules of Hellworld because he's not from a species extensively tweaked and modified by the birds, but whatever.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yeah, this is roughly what I figured - Aura panicked and lied because she was worried about the other rebellion leaders turning on her as Ming's daughter, ending up creating a worse situation when she couldn't produce Barin. The part I didn't expect is that she has solid reason to suspect he's alive, but she still handled it in a really bad way, because I don't think she's getting him back in a week for a wedding, and the lies make it much more likely that the others, including Barin's cousin, are going to be pissed at her.

Girlbossed too close to the sun.

EDIT: I'm also assuming Aura and Barin made plans to get married after Ming died before he got captured by Ming, since nobody is surprised at the wedding, just surprised they haven't seen Barin yet.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 11, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Weembles posted:

Diana is right. If some woman old enough to be my son's mother with a prophecy of doom hanging over her head came sniffing around my child I would want to keep her at arms lengh as well.
Savarna's age isn't relevant because she's not hitting on Kit and isn't interested in him that way, and I feel like the implication is kind of gross. Savarna clearly thinks of the Phantom and Diana as friends (and she's into the Phantom but trying to keep it platonic bc of Diana), and I feel like her excitement at catching up with Kit isn't any sort of flirtatious but rather her being excited at how much he's grown up (since she was in jail for a long time).

Regardless, the prophecy of doom is the thing that makes it not unreasonable for Diana to be cautious, especially since a key part of it is Kit and Savarna interacting. So... shrug.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Weembles posted:

Diana the UN official and Savarna the murder-tornado are polar opposites. It's fun to watch the uptight character stew over the carefree one and it's fun to watch everyone tiptoe around a curse which may or may not be real.

If the two of them were nothing but hugs and sweetness if would not only be contrary to the scenario, it would be boring. There would be no dramatic tension and nothing for the story to resolve later in the plot.
Yeah, this. Also important to note is Savarna hasn't noticed anything is wrong yet, because Diana isn't trying to be a bitch, she's just trying to take control of the situation. It's funny that she's playing a life and game death of diplomacy and Savarna is like, hell yeah, a bath!!!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Giant Ethicist posted:

To be fair, I think the gist of it is mostly centered around seeing black women with white children – the white woman’s baby is specifically described as “dark reddish-brown,” while all the other people are either “white people” or “black people,” which I think is meant to imply that the baby is mixed-race while nobody else is. It’s also probably worth noting that black nannies, often immigrants, for well-off white children is apparently a thing in NYC in particular. It can’t be denied that Japan is often pretty racist, but I’m not sure you can lay this comic at its feet.
Yeah, I interpreted it as an example of the idea that mixed race babies by necessity don't come out looking white... which isn't exactly true, the actual genetics are a lot more complicated than people's skin color and hair texture being an exact mix of their parents. That white baby there could definitely be the biological grandchild of that black granny, but by the more simplified genetic model the author is familiar with, she's confused.

That's not to say this idea can't be racist or lead to racism, I've heard it can be a real problem for parents with white-passing mixed children to be constantly assumed to be 'the help' or even kidnapping their own children.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Ghostlight posted:

i don't think i'm being unfair, but i do think there's a distinct unconscious bias in how the white woman with an explicitly mixed-race baby is depicted in the subway ranting to strangers about having no money to raise it with before we're shown two panels of pure-white children whose families are wealthy enough to hire nannies.
Yeah, and assumptions about how mixed race people 'have to' look are pretty problematic. I don't think it's malicious on the WAR author's point, and given how racially homogenous Japan was and is even now, I understand why a city with the ethnic diversity of NYC is interesting observationally to her, but I don't think it's unfair to point out where the assumptions she's making aren't accurate and reflect societal biases.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

EasyEW posted:

It's got to say something that the (perceived) big swerve was not screwing over Bets.
It still kind of is depending on how much this impacts her career, if Team Evans flips to her quitting streaming altogether or whatever that'd kind of suck. I suspect the point they're trying to clumsily make is more that she needs to figure out a balance between personal and public lives.

LMAO at Stef just standing there filming. Is she supposed to be commenting that like a stone cold bitch or is that just a random 'fan' of Bets? I think it's random fans but it's still funny, because everyone in this comic does blow.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

amigolupus posted:

Huh, I guess the name of this character got changed for the ComicsKingdom version? I vaguely remember they had a Japanese name.
Yeah, I think it's a good move in retrospect, considering what the actual deal with the character is, but I also had a moment of pausing at this comic going 'something isn't right...'

Probably best for Shauna not to make her anonymous rocksona a different ethnicity than her, all things considered.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Powered Descent posted:

The question marks in this lettering look way too much like the ♀ symbol.

Swallow jet juice♀ :heysexy:
Well, they are going to Venus.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Kazinsal posted:

Scary Go Round (May 20-24, 2004)

Shelley's repeated deaths and what eventually happens to Erin and then is resolved in Bad Machinery era stuff are some of my favorite Scary Go Round bits. Guys... I'm starting to think the Winters family might be cursed...

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Julet Esqu posted:

They have always hated Bets.

When she first showed up, Gunther was attracted to her because she's a woman who likes sci-fi and cosplay. For her what set him apart from all the other nerds was that he's good at sewing and could make costumes for her. (Oh no. She's using him! Isn't that selfish and bad?) Even worse, it was soon revealed that she is an influencer. (Oh no. That wasn't a thing in Greg and Karen's day. That's bad. She's bad. Bad for Gunther!) Granted, she has always had the genuinely bad habit of livestreaming private moments, often without warning Gunther that she was going to start. (These girls today and their fancy gizmos. You never see Luann with a fancy gizmo. Isn't she so good and Bets so bad?) Gunther's such a weenie, though, he never actually told Bets he wasn't cool with the surprise streams, so of course she assumed he was on the same page and continued, and we're all supposed to be pissed that she didn't read his mind. He seems to have eventually gotten used to it.

I really don't think Bets was supposed to last this long in the strip, but, like most Bad characters, she ended up being more interesting and relatable than the "good" cast. I think readers were supposed to be disgusted by her desire for fame (wanting to be famous is a Bad character flag in this strip) and want Gunther to dump her for Luann. But Luann sucks and nobody has ever wanted to experience the massive energy suck that would be Luanther except Greg.

I guess Team Evans finally came to terms with the fact that people like Bets, so if she's going to stick around they need to remove anything that made her interesting so that she's "worthy" of Gunther. Goodbye hopes and dreams and interests of her own. Hello "Gunther's girlfriend."
It's also dumb as hell because instead of just having Bets change her content up and pull back a little or give Gunther more privacy or travel around frequently but also coming back frequently to see Gunther, it sounds like they might be making her drop the whole thing entirely? From my limited understanding of it, 'content creation' can be a lot more grueling of a job than people expect and it's not uncommon for people to need breaks to get their heads on straight or even deciding to drop it if they can't handle the significant downsides to internet fame (especially if it's connected to their real name), but it's still a really sudden shift and the writers definitely don't get how such a job works, especially if Bets is successful enough to be actually making any sort of money from it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Cowslips Warren posted:

pretty much what the mom is thinking/saying falls under a lot of antivax crap. "oh doctors don't know everything, I'm the mother, I know best!"

and giving a month old baby juice? like, define juice. in the USA it's sugar water with the emphasis on sugar.
Well, I mean, the author also mentions she didn't go to any parenting classes before giving birth and just learned what she needed to learn at the hospital, which is quite a lot, and then adjusted as she needed, like switching to bringing her son into a bigger bath because she was holding him the entire time and it gave her better control than leaning over a tiny baby bath. She's also complained about how painful her breasts got when she couldn't express milk, and it's not like formula is the cheapest.

So with that context, the comic posted today isn't about 'what do doctors know', but her asking for the risks and assessing it and deciding based on that. I really don't think she would have avoided bringing her baby to the hospital if his fever hadn't broken, and she was perfectly fine with her son getting blood tests to see if he had jaundice, it's just that the blood test results were not in line with jaundice. If anything, it feels to me like the joke about first time parents running to doctors for everything, and second-time parents having the experience to assess their baby's health better, except she's confident enough to have skipped past the anxiety.

Basically, I'm not disagreeing that the comic sounds like a dogwhistle in a vacuum, but with the context of stuff so far I don't get that read from it, since she's generally been quite positive about how much she learned from the nurses and doctors at the hospital about newborn care.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Giant Ethicist posted:

Well, yeah, juice is a separate issue, I'm not saying she's a super mom or anything - but here at least there is juice for babies, which is to regular fruit juice as baby food is to regular food - i.e., pretty much just water.

My main point is that bringing post-COVID-pandemic antivax baggage to a strip about someone in a very different social / medical context is perhaps something to be careful of. A doctor saying "blood tests confirm that it's almost certainly nothing, but let's do this extremely disruptive thing anyway just to be sure," in a context where most people have reason to believe that doctors in that situation are indeed likely to be overreacting because insurance will cover the cost of another visit and blood test, is very different from a doctor saying "you need to vaccinate your child against measles or put them at risk of dying, and everything we know about medicine backs me up very strongly" and then deciding you know better and not doing so.
Right, for me I was taking her reaction to that in the context of breast milk buildup being quite painful for her, and the fact that formula is still often pricy and getting a baby to switch to a bottle after they're used to a breast being disruptive, as is switching back. I'm sure she'd have been willing to switch if the blood test confirmed that breastfeeding was causing an issue, but since the blood test indicated he was healthy, it's really a matter of personal comfort, right...?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Hostile V posted:

Yeah the notion of parents giving away kids is gross as hell.
Yeah, like, in a loving and supportive family I can see the benefit of 'I think you're a good partner for my child and I'm happy to welcome you into the family', but the thing with the idea of parents 'giving away' their children or having to ask for permission to wed is not all parents are supportive and also, it ain't up to them who their kids marry, don't give them the idea they can say no.

It's not really a serious criticism of Holbrook but I do think it's funny the Dewclaw family is supposed to be so progressive and yet there's this really archaic traditional bit dropped in. I just don't think Holbrook has thought about it, lol.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Vargo posted:

We Are Reproducing is really good, but I'm gonna lightly suggest that some of its goon praise stems from Jucika-level horniness for the hot anime lady that talks about her tits a lot.
When it got explained what magazine WAR was serialized in (at least at first?) it explained a lot, lmao.

Also, we've seen a touch on Uchida's opinion about formula in her opinion about baby bottles, which is that bottles are hard to clean so she felt lucky she only uses them for treats. I didn't get the impression she cared particularly about formula either way except that breastfeeding works best for her. I think people project a lot of opinions on her that she's not actually expressing?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Crab Dad posted:

Yeah I’m not pulling all the sex scenes back up but they looked like different dudes.
She's still with her boyfriend, but I don't think they're sexually exclusive. I'm not even... 100% if they're romantically exclusive, though we haven't really seen anything to indicate otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

You know, given the laws around predation upon people you know and the fact that prey aren't allowed to fight back with more than their natural tools (which are downplayed frankly a lot more than they are in nature, herbivores do NOT gently caress around) but predators are allowed to defend prey loved ones, you'd think Mark having a feline girlfriend would be a plus for the kid's safety. Unless people are just breaking these laws willy nilly and never getting punished, of course.

EDIT: Some of the deadliest animals in the world are herbivores but even if Holbrook has one of those like a rhino shaped like a tank it's all about nerfing him by having him constantly chased for his horn ivory because god forbid anything truly question the status quo (except via heterosexual cross-diet relationships). If Holbrook tried to include a hippo major character that's more dangerous than any of the predators he'd break.

Kevin is allowed to be a super buff dangerous rabbit because haha rabbits are weak so that's funny, and also he doesn't try to do anything to challenge anything.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 17, 2023