Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I like Norse Code for a Vikings podcast, Arif Hasan is a really smart guy who balances player analysis with data nerd poo poo, but he’s also an extremely online debate nerd and after a decade of recording the show has a solid buildup of in-jokes/schticks, so you kinda have to be okay with a lot of references to bee racism and hating turkey at Thanksgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm sorry to see it happen but everyone knew it had to. It's gonna be weird to see him in a different uniform. It would be funny if he and Rodgers went to the Jets.

Yeah, it’d be cool to see him come back for a one day signing whenever he does call it quits, his local boy walk-on rags-to-roster story is great, but he just ain’t worth the money for what he offers these days, especially with Osborn emerging to back up Jefferson.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Do we know what exactly they were gambling on?

Indefinite suspensions are for betting on NFL games, shorter ones are for betting on something other than the NFL but doing so from an NFL facility

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

3500 yards, 25 TDs and 11 ints. Do you think Love beats that next year?

They do both get to play the Vikings secondary twice, anything is possible

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

So does Arizona’s refusal to do daylight savings time put them at a competitive advantage or disadvantage in the time zone changing category? This could be making all the difference!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Parallelwoody posted:

What are some other dogshit "leaders" that completely alienated their teams throughout the past few years? Urban (lmao) and maybe Gruden? Patricia is definitely up there with toxic assholes.

Bobby Petrino comes to mind

Edit: ah, missed “the past few years”, duh

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pops Mgee posted:

You could probably do a whole episode on 2009-2010
-Nfc championship collapse
-Brett Favre dick picks
-trading for Randy Moss
-cutting Randy Moss for criticizing the catering
-Chilly fired
-Stadium collapse

All happening while the Packers win a Superbowl.
What a great time.

I was also gonna throw in Percy Harvin’s mercurial stint but honestly it lasted longer than I remembered, everything from exploding as an amazing player to the migraine/marijuana saga to throwing a weight at Leslie Frazier kind of compressed into those same 2 years in my brain rather than 4 total

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

IcePhoenix posted:

Probably more spice than Kirk has had in the rest of his life combined

Kirk’s steaks are just a demonstration of his kind and forgiving spirit, he isn’t the slightest bit salty and neither is his food

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Victor Vermis posted:

These are objectively awful

But I watch every one of them. Entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLdfIlaW34

Yeah, I couldn’t watch every one he churns out and the react videos are pretty thin, but I feel like the NFC North specific ones are his passion project, a few of those a season are really good

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
That and Herbert is running with some hate in his heart

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

IcePhoenix posted:

The Vikings would have been 3-1 or 4-0 going into yesterday's game if it wasn't for all the turnovers inside the opponent's 30. If you just assume 3 points on each turnover inside the 30 then it changes TB to a 3 point win, LAC to a 2 point win, and sends the Eagles game to overtime. You can also add +6 to that Panther's game and suddenly oh look it's not close at the end anymore. The defense is much better than last year so far, they're not even in the bottom ten by most of the major metrics (points, yards/game, etc) when they were bottom five in most of them last year. Hell, their rushing yards allowed per game is actually middle of the pack right now even with that Eagles game.

Like obviously you can't discount those mistakes because they're Part Of The Game but it's also unsustainably bad and if you normalize it out over time they're probably a ten or eleven win team.

People have said it since week 1 but the Vikings ending the year at 4-13 with a positive point differential would be so utterly on brand and perfect

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Sat for the first session on my new half sleeve today and the artist spent about 30 minutes blasting (supposedly ironically?) Creed, I feel the universe is blessing Kirk Cousins and the Vikings this week

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Vikings mood right now:

https://youtu.be/_IooIZbqcBs?si=B5b380leDhJpmJH6

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Redeye Flight posted:

I hope the Vikings never tank because A. Tanking is universally miserable to watch and destroys an organization from a motivation standpoint, B. I'd rather gamble on making a fluke playoff run than the bigger gamble of a draft pick, and C. More importantly, the rest of the team is REALLY solid right now. In particular we have a really good O-line, which can seriously elevate even a mediocre quarterback, along with excellent passing weapons and a defense that appears to be doing its job.

Yeah, I figure worst case scenario they’re an okay team that can present a bigger obstacle than expected or even surprise and spoil another team’s run, and who doesn’t want to mess up someone else’s week for laughs. 49ers, looking at you!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Also, let’s be fair, Kirk’s competence has certainly helped the Vikings, but he’s hardly defined them during his tenure, Rodgers is a Hall of Fame quarterback who spent over a decade terrorizing the NFC North

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Man, Knarfwonger is such a good handle, sounds like a sci-fi insult

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Sucks the rest didn’t pan out but man I loved seeing the Vikings run that fake punt, doubly so against Peyton.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Lmao “Dez Bryant pulling his spoiled child routine again”, like he’s not wrong but drat man, yeah Dez is mad after a tight loss

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
“Would’ve been incomplete anyways” pretty well sums up the Lions so far

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Parallelwoody posted:

What was up with the dude behind him just doing random motions and then loving off?

Oh good, I thought it was just me who didn’t get that

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

PowderKeg posted:

I can't tell if this is a good or bad game for the Lions yet.

It’s a bad game for all of us, as a species

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Look, without watching some of them again I don’t know I’d blame all the turnovers tonight on Josh Dobbs, but when you have 4 of them in a game you’re gonna get blamed for all of them

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
So that’s what happens when a beatable force meets an immutable fuckup

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Portland Thorns
Vikings
General chaos and upsets
University of Montana

I’m pretty basic I guess

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How in the world are you folks aware of garlic sports, much less watching them??

Lotta vampires around them, gotta be prepared

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
THREADBAN

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

MJeff posted:

Favre was very much a boomer criminal and Rodgers is very much a Gen Xer psycho, so whatever Jordan Love's weirdness is, it'll be a millennial weirdness.

Every room in his entire house with bisexual lighting, 24/7

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Checking in as a Vikings fan to say I would be about 95% as excited for a Lions championship as us finally getting ours

Absolute same, like I said in the aftermath thread the vibes coming from Detroit are off the chain and what sports fandom is all about, I’m both supremely jealous and excited for the Lions right now, it’s good poo poo

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Booooo

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Sataere posted:

What did this say? Says it no longer exists.

Worked just fine for me, go figure, Elon’s sterling track record at work. Jaxon Smith-Njigba was asked his thoughts on the Bear’s new OC, there was about 5 seconds of awkward silence, he asked if the broadcast was live, then said “good luck to y’all” and that he’s a super nice guy.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

HootTheOwl posted:

You need to build around Justin
https://x.com/DannyParkins/status/1757155110516322669?s=20
Because we've just confirmed Caleb Williams is going to bust.

My dude out here looking like a plucked bird

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

lol, just that easy

He’s also shown less than even Love did. He has been asked to do so little that everything is just pure projection. Love also sat three years and still only out together a half of season of good play. Long way to go before he’s a model.

He’s also a tremendous dork.

Be fair, being a massive goober has been an integral trait of the best quarterbacks in NFL history

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Maybe I’m late to the party but is Bears Bulletin using the GTA San Andreas font?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Going full divorced dad mode I see, can’t wait for the media to get a tour of his new apartment and see what kind of folding chairs he’s using for living room furniture

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

gently caress me I’m glad the Vikings didn’t meet or beat that price

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

R.D. Mangles posted:

what if the nba was like game thrones

Starts out fantastic but by the end everyone’s just embarrassed and disappointed

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, I dunno about others but Norse Code managed to migrate away from SB Nation, they briefly flirted with ads to cover costs but the Patreon seems to have solved that issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Also it wasn’t that long ago the Vikings (albeit under another regime) made due with a Frankensteinian amalgamation of the likes of Case Keenum and Sam Bradford, might not make a turd sparkle but they can probably gussy Darnold up a little bit