Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Toxic Mental posted:

I mean don't get me wrong, he's not a bad guy at all, I think we agree on most stuff overall, just not the "we should put all Republican voters against the wall" stuff might be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle overboard.

Yeah, idk why to even bother with a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Aid and comfort, baby.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HonorableTB posted:

lol, lmao Ukraine tied a massive flag to a bunch of balloons and set it off flying over Donetsk to remind the occupiers that it's Ukrainian and they're coming

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineConflict/comments/16e0xap/this_is_how_the_ukrainian_armed_forces_launched_a/

This is good poo poo.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BrassRoots posted:

Wait, English is your first language? Could have fooled me.

Dictation software.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pro starcraft loser posted:

Is this like one of those cards high schoolers would sell to you which gives you discounts from local businesses?

No, it’s not nearly that valuable.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

yeah in Feb 2022 I bet “naval commission in the Black Sea” was looking like a pretty straightforward gig, but here we are

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JustCallMeDC posted:

Is the Black Sea Fleet going to be a functional unit by the end of the year?

Absolutely. Not a Russian unit, though.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

khwarezm posted:

This sort of seems like an admission that Ukraine's major allies might be losing faith in a long war, I think we can assume they were not happy about the results of the counter offensive and sceptical that much progress will be made from now on.

This is about protecting the local grain industry, not about any analysis of Ukraine’s military prospects.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It's almost as if they don't care or haven't put much thought into the human casualties. From top to bottom to Ukraine civilians to Russian conscripts. Do they even have a GI bill for the walking wounded?

My friend, they are giving out IOUs for fish bricks to the families of war dead. There is no soft landing for veterans back home.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dr. Quarex posted:

I just realized since it will only get worse that Marjorie is going to start proposing we send arms to Russia soon

Lauren proposed that we send hands, curious.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Vampire Panties posted:

Tbf noted dork Richard Garriott had flown to space successfully on a Soyuz capsule around that same time. It wasn't some insane death wish that Lance Bass created whole cloth.

A person I served on a non-profit board with did the Russian space tourist thing, and she said it was an amazing experience.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

it was a non-profit board, nobody got paid, and I didn’t go to space

and my FB employee number had four digits

someone’s really gotta update their spreadsheet

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

LRADIKAL posted:

So weird all the not proving anything proof of life videos. If Mr Hotdog wanted to prove he was alive he would have a video that said, "hi, I'm alive! I wasn't on that plane!"

Yeah, that the videos don’t acknowledge the issue of his purported death makes me not believe them at all.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It seems like the west is just getting started?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tafferling posted:

I question the feasibility for Ukraine to send dudes to fight in Africa.
Could be anyone's secret services with an interest in loving over wagner and covering it all with a slava Ukraine because why the hell not?

if you’re blasting Wagner to impair the Russians, and wave a Ukrainian flag, I think you are honorary Ukrainian troops

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Weren’t they all “as long as it takes” pretty recently?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Not only that, but on leaving the area some of the gopniks took a bunch of spicy rocks with them for... reasons?!

People aren’t supposed to go here, so things from here must be rare, and rare things are valuable. Right? Now to unclog the drain where half my hair is for some reason…

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

weg posted:

What's this thing shoot, mothballs?

I think that most often it will be used to shoot disrespectful mobiks.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Shinjobi posted:

The rule change shouldn't affect anyone ITT unless they're extremely stupid

oh no

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HonorableTB posted:

You can't say blyat on television

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Toxic Mental posted:

Obviously fake.

No 30-stone Onlyfans person would ever be a “Star”.

Are you kidding? Isn’t that basically Lizzo?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Well, she has an OnlyFans thing, but I don’t know how she ranks in the hierarchy of that service.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Is that the Defense of Ukraine account that did the video asking for tanks, and another when they got them?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HonorableTB posted:

The Like A Rock parody about the Abrams is one of the funniest loving things, the Ukrainians know their audience tremendously well

Yeah, straight up genius.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

This was always a problem for fleets for Russia in Diplomacy, too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It’s not even selling the assets, it’s just diverting the profits those assets produce. Tip of the fiscal iceberg really.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HonorableTB posted:

Just had a :lol: remembering when Lavrov owned the dumb UK diplomat who got baited into saying that it was entirely unacceptable for Russia to move its troops around Voronezh without realizing Voronezh is Russian territory lol

help me find a good telling of this, I’m failing

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HonorableTB posted:

Ukraine is not going to invade Russia but they will continue fighting and holding their borders as long as needed

Ukraine should take some border cities in Russia so they have more points to use in designing the peace terms.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

weg posted:

Ok so since this is the pro-NATO thread and I'm going to need to everyone write at least five words about why you like the F35 so we don't hurt it's feelings.

spawned lots of great posts

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

if an audit permitted it. you wouldn’t have to twist their arm

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

full spectrum mobnik

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Just Another Lurker posted:

So long as it isn't Polonium, that poo poo is nasty.

“just” mercury and arsenic, I’ve read

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Toxic Mental posted:

You’ll never take me alive

They don’t want to.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zone posted:

Soylovyov's face must be a picture after hearing about this telegram post. Looking forward to see how he'll explain this one on his propaganda show.

That’s how insidious and powerful the LGBT+ enemy is: they even got to his own daughter!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Just Another Lurker posted:

Safe travels to you. :tipshat:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m nodding along to David Cameron? This timeline is weird.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

The latest and greatest in Russian EV design and engineering!

hungry hungry

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I hope it charges with a huge USB A plug going into that real bumper hole

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The missile knew what sovereign territory it was in because it knew what sovereign territory it wasn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

beer_war posted:

A couple of days old, but I don't believe it's been mentioned. Zelensky visited the troops at Avdiivka, while Putin continues to hide in one of his marble palaces.

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1740764893454778485?s=20

What a flex.