Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmfao

:holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

No way they've got way too many locations even after the pandemic and geek squad is a rip

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
so nothing is happening eh? opening bell was almost an hour ago

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Jel Shaker posted:

box of rocks labelled nickel in the vault at the bank has been financially engineered to be worth $4 billion, just don’t look inside, the whole economy will collapse!

they’re Schrodinger's minerals, Marie!!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
wasn’t capital one like at least one of the original "zombie banks" when the term was created back pre 2008? I seem to remember being baffled that it still existed and then that sam Jackson was shilling for them lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmao

the world is not an RTS

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Steve Yun posted:

someone put a free dating sim on Steam where you could hit on a tax preparer and it claimed would actually file your 2022 federal taxes for you

Steam took it down today

capitalists actually hate the free market

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/22/23651802/mschf-tax-heaven-3000-dating-simulator

incredible

god bless human innovation, god drat capitalism

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Dude stop posting about it and just ask your lawyer wtf

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

i am harry posted:

no danger to the public because america doesn’t consider “the public”…ever….about anything. you’re fine because you don’t technically exist in americas eyes

well theres at least one danger to the public, shutting down nuclear plants and transitioning to coal power lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

When your electric provider is definitely giving you the service you're paying them for

jeez this is giving me anxiety

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lol I replied to flap in the Succ thread but yeah the law is not for real people it’s for money people

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Rectal Death Adept posted:

yeah

like a dozen people have been harassed at my company for years by this boomer director that dozens of complaints have been filed on, but nothing is ever done

I had a consult with two law firms and was informed that the only legally actionable things in my southern state are discrimination against the federal EEOC categories like race or gender AND I have to prove a negative job outcome was a direct result of this. So punching walls, throwing chairs, screaming in faces and literal physical threats of violence are okay. I even have audio recordings of explicit threats of retaliation telling me not to talk to human resources and those are fine because there was never any actual provable retaliation.

The woman that was relentlessly sexually harassed and propositioned until she quit is out of luck because she didn't report it to the company and give them a chance to officially respond to the complaint so they are legally good there as well.

I tried to argue that I was passed over for a promotion for the woman that quit because the director wanted to gently caress her and explicitly told both of us it's because he wanted to see her at his desk every morning meeting instead of me but since she quit before the promotion went through that isn't a negative job action as no promotion ever occurred.

law definitely isn't for real people

my story is

we filed our class action against our landlord (already infamous for being a huge piece of poo poo, he had actually just spent time in physical jail!!) in nyc, with the tenant friendliest judge in the city, in January of 2018. summary judgment granted wholly in our favor in mid 2021, appeal still not heard. it took them six months to even FILE the appeal, which for some reason they’re allowed. it’s been more than 5 years and it’s a trivial slam dunk fraud case.

for a long time the stick to discourage dilatory filing was a "punishing" 9% interest rate on any rent overages but lmfao this last two years that’s been downright affordable. five years timeframe of at least $1k per month for dozens of tenants which is rapidly ballooning and it will almost certainly never see a payout

the only awesome thing about the whole saga was the motherfucker's lawyer literally skipped town with a shitload of this guy's and other clients' escrow money hahaha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gunshow Poophole posted:

the only awesome thing about the whole saga was the motherfucker's lawyer literally skipped town with a shitload of this guy's and other clients' escrow money hahaha

and you will note that loving with Money People gets the whole of the law stuffed up your rear end almost immediately

archive link if paywalled https://archive.ph/2023.03.26-03121...ears-in-prison/

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is this basically summarizing the Hindenberg Research report on them?

yes lol Robb report is some real sicko "luxury consumer goods" magazine, interesting to see them repackaging financial news

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

shackleford posted:

tbf "methyl methacrylate" sounds made up

stop doing chemistry

polyvinyl chloride is not a real thing, that is a plastic pipe
who ever needs ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid??
"please give me cyclohexane solution in methyl tert-butyl ether" - a requestonly made by the utterly DERANGED

the chemists have played us all for absolute fools

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

I do not believe it for a single loving minute and I'll happily wait until we see census numbers in seven years. There's no point in making six figures in the middle of nowhere when your outlets are The Pickle Barrel and Walmart.

We're all well aware of the fact that you cannot consider others' points of view or preferences lol

anime was right posted:

bozeman montanas population spiked at around 200% of its growing rate. it happened, it just did not happen at a rate that is like "suddenly everyone moved everywhere else." it was in the ranges of like .5% of the population loss for these job-heavy cities over 2-3 years. same deal with bend. it grew much faster than its previous rate.

the stats are true but the narrative absolutely overblows the change.

It's absolutely happening but agreed, it's a basis point increase of the rate (mattyglesias oh you mean percentage??) not like a doubling of population

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

anime was right posted:

yea. bend is still cheaper than the major tech job hubs of cali.

Boise for sure

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Mustached Demon posted:

all the mega chuds from California moved here, started vanilla isis, and are working towards ruining the metro

my figgies friends in Boise just moved to Portland lmao

... a fight so stupid we broke the forums

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 02:37 on Mar 27, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Beached Whale posted:

my neighbors large fuckoff truck just got repo'd and he was outside screaming at the tow truck driver about it.

economy seems to be going well for lower income america

lkmao

guy who I work with just traded in his perfectly fine 2016 truck for the exact same truck from 2023. he got $25k on the trade, and the purchase is $59k in total lmfao

I asked him what was wrong with his old truck and he said "Nothing, but it's old now" :psyduck:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lmao I was like oh man 1400 gallons that's a shitload but not compared to the size of hte river let me look ag

hahahaha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Koirhor posted:

is that alot? I’m not a toxic dump expert

couple fluid ounces will kill ya

that there's roughly 60m ounces

thechosenone posted:

I mean it probably didn't all break, but it's never good to spill. It's just you couldn't tell which of those it is if your life depended on it because they sure as hell ain't gonna tell you.

yyyyup

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Celexi posted:

methanol is bad but it probably dissolves in the water to meaningless quantities in a river, I mean it probably will suck in the immediate area but it likely won't go far.

yeah the river probably has a flow of like 300k cubic feet per second so after... I dunno a minute even if every single drop of that methanol was slurped up by humans it wouldn't do much

Mayo Pete: "The solution to pollution is dilution"

American shipping and freight industry: "Hold my four hundred million beers"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Mr Hootington posted:

What if we structured society not based on wealth but by intelligence?

im nothing like thos ebeastly Gammas, no

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

is this supposed to be a living wage? do minor league players get day jobs?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

what are the odds that these train derailments are just domestic terrorists finding out they can cause massive amounts of damage with like no exposure
just like with the power substations

i'd love to ascribe some sort of intent to them but it's almost certainly just workers being exhausted and quitting en masse

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RealityWarCriminal posted:

gotta unskew those graphs

Fake Statistics 2: The Refakening

lmao "age and retirement adjusted LFPR" if you are retired, are you Participating in the loving Labor Force??

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Popoto posted:

hello, may i see the age and retirement adjusted lines from before the 2020 crash?

no

Now, as we emerge from the pandemic again for the fourth time, is the only time that people have retired from working, and had age

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lol why is Idaho's median so high. It's a big loving empty state. plenty of room to build new poo poo

almost like it's not a problem of supply

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

actionjackson posted:

not sure what it's at now, but here's something he showed through 2001. the scale he references goes, from best to worst, unprocessed, culinary ingredients, processed, ultraprocessed

Lmao this chart

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Noblesse Obliged posted:

only thing democrats will be doing about this is reminding us that sex work is work.

jesu cristo

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

NeonPunk posted:

O yah. He keeps on telling me that his boss absolutely love him. "Yeah, because they're paying you cheaply as they can get away with" He just got a bit upset and told me he was a hard worker, he even take notes on his coworkers and inform his boss when they cut corners, take a unapproved breaks and all that kind of stuff. Just straight up snitching on the younger folks who's just doing minimum wage work lol

I don't get why I ever was worried about Covid taking my dad away, it's far more likely one day one of his coworkers will just stab him tbh

lol literal Kapo Dad

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Palladium posted:

we need .50 into many things if you get what i mean

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/Karl_Was_Right/status/1643367566893805568

probably won't even be able to afford the circuses with all the rent seeking subscription hell too

to say nothing of the quality of that furniture and clothing lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Captain Magic posted:

someone in my neighborhood drives a golf cart around, I think because they can’t get a DUI for being drunk while they do it. I’m not a law knower though

they are

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

is that… the home?

that’s not tiny at all?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
welcome to my vaulted ceilings 14 foot tall mobile doublewide home, it’s so tiny!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

the bitcoin of weed posted:

presumably there's a dozen additional layers of finance bullshit between every mortgage payment and the bank that issued it where something gets skimmed off by some other rent seeking entity

it's also because interest rates have increased so quickly the "valuation" of mortgages as an asset has soared more quickly than they can offload old ones. the banks aren't interested in simply accepting their vig for 30 years, they're bundling/reverse-collateralizing/trading these mortgages as soon as they hit their desks. If they can't sign people up to new ones quickly enough that htey can reap Maximum Interest, they're in quite the pickle lmao

similar situation with some additional bells and whistles to SVB treasuries lmao

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Apr 11, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

That Works posted:

Used to be I could get 1 weeks worth of groceries for my partner and I at just under $95 on average. In a rare week we would break $100 and only go over that other times when I was restocking a few big items at once (detergents, spices etc).

I haven't seen a shopping bill under $135 since the end of last summer. We also dropped most of the meat from our diet shifting over to beans and eggs (we raise chickens). Meat used to be one of the bigger expenses on the list and even without any of that most weeks it's at least 20% more expensive now vs less than 1 year ago. Fortunately we are in a good spot financially (for now) but this is hosed up for people on the margins.

basically my household to a T.

also hoo boy: Cat Food lmao the wet food my cats eat was $47.52 a rack in November 2021 and it is now 64.92

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
happened to me with our cats chicken flavor wet food it got gooier and less dense, calorically too, with no label change. like flipping a switch all of a sudden the cats just would not eat it

chewy at least refunded us when I left a cautionary review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

There is competition on the low end, but even the discount trash doubled: Shasta used to be $2/12, now it's $4. But booze didn't budge at all, hell it's cheaper than ever after adjusting for inflation.

I just don't get it.

are you in a control state? that will have a lot to do with it. licensure procedures, concentration etc are all heavily regulated here

in NY at my shop booze is up probably 12-15% since the holidays 2021, so I’d say yeah overall we’re lagging the greater pricepocalypse.

there’s a zillion factors that go into it though: distributors must have their pricing preapproved by the state monthly, so there’s a nominal regulatory step between producers and retailers.

if you’re like me and serve a poor community there’s a lot of ability to work my rear end off to keep prices low. our distributors do volume discounts within a range that’s accessible to small shops on strategic bulk buys, which I’m always monitoring . prices are "sticky" too because we price by purchase and leave it, so for slow moving products you won’t see a price change for months on end. of course when we next have to order, well, good luck. overhead is crazy low, im da only guy.

blah blah grain of salt because every state is different because the United States is dumb as gently caress