Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

does theranos 2 also have a blonde woman affecting her voice three octaves lower

Nothus posted:

I'm at AACC and stopped by their booth. It's pretty low key

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

nomad2020 posted:

Your chart is missing the Swastika Torq-set type screw.

Guaranteed to strip out if someone uses a Phillips bit on it.

Little known fact: groverhaus was constructed using only these screws.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Seriously what's the upside to buying debt that the holders priced at roughly 1% odds of being paid back? Does it clear off the debtors' credit reports faster, or does formally forgiving it ensure that not even 1% will ever be bullied into actually paying some of it back?

It gets scummy debt collectors off of poor people's backs, eliminates the chance of them having wages garnished (depending on jurisdiction) or similar abuses inflicted on them in the future, etc. It's very much a "4th grader mows lawns to pay off fellow students lunch debt" kind of thing, but it is very nice to be a random beneficiary of it. Kind of like winning a lottery without ever paying to play it. But that's it.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

sullat posted:

Hopefully they don't get a tax bill from the cancelled debt

In typical lib fashion, as long as one first utters the proper bureaucratic incantations, this isn't an issue. E.g. https://www.natlawreview.com/article/tax-consequences-john-oliver-s-15-million-medical-debt-forgiveness

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

[Doomsday Economics] Despite the disappointing expectations, "the growth story is still there,"

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Gorson posted:

I have a business degree (lol and also lmao) and you would not believe how shockingly easy the 400 level management courses were. A first year student could have easily passed them. Write a few boring essays, do a speech, done.

And don't get me started on the mouth breathing BSAD majors holy gently caress what a bunch of turds.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

DickParasite posted:

I switched to oatmeal. I make a big batch on Sunday, and it lasts me all week. All of the cereal convenience, none of the insane prices.

Making your own muesli at home is incredibly easy, super cheap (even more so if you have good a bulk bin shop around), healthy, and delicious. 4 parts oats, 1 part nuts/seeds, 1 part dried fruit, 1/4 part spices. Mix large quantities in a bowl or barrel or whatever and store forever. That's it. Toasting nuts, which is completely optional, and chopping fruit (if you get something other than raisins/dried berries, which is also completely optional) is the only effort even theoretically required. Use it any way you would use cold cereal, oatmeal, or granola.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Inflation is transitory again. Why are they pushing this narrative now (again)?

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1773701088560005135

"inflation is transitory! inflation is transitory!!", i insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

the worst thing i ever made, when I was young and had few ingredients on hand and it was midnight, was pasta with boiled lentils and sriracha on top. and, yes, mayonnaise, the only thing with any fat that i had.

Sounds like you failed to get absolutely poo poo-faced first, skill issue

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

no lube so what posted:

do you toast the oats?

I tried once and didn't think it was worth it. I was kind of hoping for something more granola-like, but that won't happen since you're not adding any sugar and oil to the mix. But maybe you will like it more!

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

reminder the business schools and degrees were created as a response to economics degrees spitting out graduates woefully unequipped to manage businesses

And good thing they did, too. I don't know where we would be without business majors to manage things.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

triple sulk posted:

I'm glad more and more people are saying that legalized sports gambling is a top five all time worst SCOTUS ruling.

I dunno, it's bad but almost everything before the Warren court was downright ghoulish. The post Bush v. Gore era has just been regression to the mean.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Is it sadder that he was still working at 9pm or is it sadder to guess he was pretending to still be working thinking that would impress beached whale?

IME these kinds of people quickly start huffing their own farts so much that they can terminally no longer tell the difference between working and pretending to work. Many such cases!

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Xaris posted:

i still maintain it's all just fake and not a real thing anyways.

It's a Disney theme park aesthetic unmoored from any historical reality, like any other reactionary fad. A true "trad wife" lifestyle would feature a lot more chain smoking, poorly sublimated rage, matter-of-fact attitudes towards domestic violence, and suicide attempts. And would likely be just as popular with the algorithms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

Out of curiosity, Harik, what cruel & unusual punishments are you facing that are unique to your generational cohort & not to poor people in general?

White boomers got a reprieve from a few economic punishments while the USSR was credibly offering an alternative to capitalism. But that was the aberration, not the norm, historically speaking.