Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Deki posted:

Zybourne Clock: Goons attempt to make a steampunk timetravel rpg. Effectively nothing comes of it except for hilarious concept art. References to it get put in various games including Fallout: New Vegas, and one of the most iconic pieces of art made for it sells at auction for 5 thousand dollars.

Sold to Freddie Wong who even posted in the GBS thread that was watching the ebay auction I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The least hostile thread in the Trad Games board I've experienced is weirdly the historical thread.

If you wanna paint little samurais or frenchy musket boys there's virtually no hostility

which is the exact opposite experience I've had irl or on any other forum

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Avoid the 40k thread imo, if you have casual questions or just want to BS you will be obliterated

I remember some poor dork who just wanted to chat about lore and the thread tore him apart for not just googling every question he had and it solidly discouraged me from posting in that thread outside of painting progress and specific current edition list questions

Historical thread did not have that problem, nor did the chat thread

Edit : Hell I posted a less than mainstream opinion about 40k Squats in GBS and somehow a TG poster found my posts just to tell me my personal preference was a mistake and misinterpretation of modern lore

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 25, 2023

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

barbecue at the folks posted:

Speaking of anime, Tokyo Godfathers is my new favourite Christmas movie. Watched it twice last holiday season and just bawled my eyes out both times.

I tried to get my husband to watch this but he wrote it off as anime garbage and I'm still mad :(

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I was fine with all this stuff as a kid but for some reason Dr. Seuss cartoons scared the poo poo out of me

this just unlocked a deep memory of being very little and actually terrified of this page specifically

evil vibes, gently caress that VUG

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I didn't like the comic but I liked the way she took criticism and started improving it, her success felt personal because I'm also trans and going through similar mental health problems.

And at the same time it's very funny, maybe I'm laughing because if I didn't I'd be crying lol

Either way I hope she gets better and stays away from here

edit : I also want to add that there is literally nothing more hosed up to use for a bomb than a childs toy.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 25, 2023

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lmfao

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

lmao, rofl even

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

e; This is Moe. He's a fool and I love him

Al! posted:

thats not perspective she just has a big old head

Well now I finally know what I can inscribe on my final resting place, which is under a life size statue of me obv

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 28, 2023

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Troutful posted:

Sorry, but Hades came out in 1996 for something called the "Sinclair ZX81/Spectrum" and it looks sick

To prove that I am being framed by my rival Grakus I present Exhibit A : His name is loving Grakus

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

eating only apples posted:

I'm finally playing Pentiment and it's unbelievably good

Hell yeah games where you get to roleplay as a 16th century illuminator ftw, Josh Sawyer ftw too

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

eating only apples posted:

logic ... Absolutely no one likes me

Yeah logic playthroughs be like that I think. Turns out people don't like know-it-alls who tend to correct them :shrug:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

R2D2 isn't even anthropomorphic so maybe that counts. R2 saves lives and zaps fools every day and beep boop gently caress you

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

CelticPredator posted:

I wish I knew of a cheapo pizza place. Every pizza place around me is expansive as heck

10 inch pizza is like 15 bucks :(

This is the price we pay to not order Dominos

A bargain at any price

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Splash Attack posted:

i hope the success of bg3 means we see more crpgs, especially turn based ones

Even Jagged Alliance 3 is good, never thought I'd see that tbh

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Stinky :3:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol imaginign cops getting into a flamewar on something awful

I wonder how much it cost to replace their monitors after they got probed and riddled them with bullets

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Pastamania posted:

Mario Udder kink worth at a maximum $50. What the gently caress?

Perverts of that caliber would pay a kings ransom for that, fifty dollars lmao yeah right buddy

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Stux posted:

lol you think a shotgun is cool. cute. but cehck this poo poo out: [gayest looking wizard ever casts tiny fireball]

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Paladinus posted:

The videos are funny, whatever. The real problem, just like with FNaF or Huggy Wuggy, is millions of lovely ad-ridden asset-flip mobile games, insane call at 3AM type of youtubers, and cheap toxic knock-off toys.

bro you're just describing everything kids like in the 21st century

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Anyone who runs is a covid denier.

Anyone who stands still is a well disciplined covid denier!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

valko's uncharacteristically right - you shouldn't play the stalker games, but should instead play stalker: anomaly, the stand-alone mod that stitches all three games' content into one coherent map

The only downside is it replaces the main quest with an altered slightly more awkward version that probably only makes sense if you know the story already

But it's not much of a downside because the story is way less important than the horrible feeling of being chased by mutants when you're a nooby and have no idea what you're doing so go nuts rly. Plus there's no fiddly mod installation since it's a free standalone thing. I assume it's still up and free because the real Stalker devs are cool but I could be wrong.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Magmar is my favorite because the more you look at them the more goofy they look

Balloons for joints, pinatas for arms, the tale of a Charmeleon, a ducks bill, black clad tube legs and neck, and a fucken rear end on he head

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

symbolic posted:

Nidoking chads wwa

Nidoking/Queen ftw

Rhydon ftw also

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I only really know the first 2 or 3 gens so I'm gonna say Jynx is the worst unless someone can sell me on them

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Look at this loving thing

tbf it looks more like a turtle than abra looks like a fox (yeah its supposed to be a fox)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

hosed up that I'm the first to say Falinks is the best pokemon. Yall should be ashamed

Adorable, they even call their little leader "the brass" :3:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

lmfao

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I watch Tokyo Godfathers every holiday season. Per Wikipedia, "Three homeless people discover an abandoned newborn while searching through the garbage for presents. On the baby is a note asking the finder to take good care of her and a key, leading to a bag with clues to the parents' identity."

It's funny and surreal and earnest and heartfelt all at the same time. You slowly learn the homeless peoples life stories and by the end it's hard not to love them as characters, all the while there's a roller-coaster of drama and conflict trying to find the baby's parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL_2E-HfIZY

It's dubbed in English if you're a sicko like that

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The only thing you should fast forward is extremely slow paced old RPGs on emulator. I know the music is good but I'm not grinding those sewers in search of a 5% drop without upping the speed sorry

I can't play old Pokemon or the first few Final Fantasy games without it anymore.

Still you should slow down and unmute once in a while for dem tunes

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Alaois posted:

chris pontius is also ftw

Possibly best jackass member, definitely best MTV cribs episode

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Alaois posted:

i never died in DE from running out of health or psyche, but i did put Kim's gun in my mouth during the argument with Hardie and pull the trigger because I wasn't gonna let him win

I really should have known better, but for some dumb reason I didn't think he'd actually do it and was surprised when it happened lol

Also how do only 3% of players on steam have the "Bother Kim After Hours" achievement? It's like none of these players understand Harry

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Carlos Mencia voice*

Lmfao

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

read manga or go to hell

A life lived without reading Yotsuba is hell

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Dongicus posted:

yeah lol ive got a few sick set ups like this for the new fairy mobs. wanna see?

lol

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

I liked it when Hulk tore Wolverine in half.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

That DICK! posted:

i finished yotsubato :(

You've had the best, now you can read the rest

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

There's the 20 hour "breakdown" of Skyrim that has millions and millions of views

40 hours if you include Oblivion and Morrowind

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

PLAY SMRPG OR GO TO HELL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what anime does jay sherman like

Every harem anime