Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I regrettably have gotten into this game, are there any goon friend code sharing things yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

ultrachrist posted:

Picked up Seele. On relics, how do you evaluate if quantum damage, attack, or attack % is better? How does crit fit into this??
I don't have her yet, but from what I understand:

% is always better than a flat stat buff when available when it comes to gacha games

The meta for Seele is two of the one that increases quantum damage and two of the Muskateer set to increase overall damage, because none of the four-set bonuses for the two are super relevant to her

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

ended up getting exceptionally lucky and pulling both Seele and her lightcone. Have a pretty hosed up team consisting of Gepard (or Fire Trailblazer), her, Tingyun (or Asta, or Serval, or Physical Trailblazer, whatever makes more sense) and Natasha.

Question is how I actually get my trailblazer level up past 37 now that I've finished the plot, don't wanna spend too many trailblaze points grinding relics when I can't get 5-stars yet

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Not sure I should pull for Jing Yuan when I already have a levelled Serval which is… basically the same thing if you squint

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sinistral posted:

What are people spending their Herta bucks on? None of the light cones are better then the 4*s I’m already using according to Prydwen and the tickets are tempting but seem wasteful.
apparently texture of memories is really good on fire trailblazer if you don't have a 5-star preservation cone?

Jing Yuan seems neat but really I'm just dying for a good wind/imaginary damage unit and I haven't pulled either Welt or Bronya

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

What do you guys think would be the best team to jam Gepard and Seele on the same team? They're my only non-MC 5 stars.

Is it still just Tingyun and a healer?

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 18, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I hope I land either Bronya or Welt before I hit the 300 pity so I don't have to feel bad about picking Welt to complete the Astral Express crew and leaving Seele without her bestie/sister/wife.
I hope I get any 5-star character at all on the standard banner before I hit 300, I've just pulled two Something Irreplaceables (and don't even have a better Destruction character than Arlen)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

berenzen posted:

Ended up clearing in 4 round today with Seele/Tingyun/Bronya/Bailu. But really it was just the Seele/Tingyun show, where seele kills every enemy in the first set of turns after getting buffed by Tingyun.
Same but Seele/Tingyun/Fireblazer/Natasha

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Finally reached EQ 3 unlocked basically the actual endgame. Was lucky as hell and ended up getting a 5-star quantum speed foot relic with good substats, so now my Seele is basically locked and loaded, downside being now she's so fast Tianying goes second now and it feels bad

Zurai posted:

Trip report:

Thanks to the advice from the thread, I upgraded the (pretty sub-optimal) relics I had to +3 each and, what do you know, not only did the "you're severely underpowered for this fight" warnings go away, I managed to beat both of the Echoes of War bosses I have available without too much trouble (Cocolia roughed me up a bit, but not enough to take anyone into the red before I could heal them and reapply shields). I'm amazed at how much of a difference there was with that relatively minimal investment. I'm not kidding when I say Cocolia obliterated me this morning, and the only changes were a handful of relic levels.

So, yeah, you all were 100% correct. Thank you. And, in retrospect, and after re-reading the guide in question, I somewhat misinterpreted what it said. It didn't say not to invest in relics at all at low levels, it just said not to spend stamina on farming for them and not to over-invest in them. So, definitely my bad there.
Yeah, upgrading to around level 6 is pretty trivially inexpensive. I tend not to go over that unless it has at least a main stat I want, though.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 22, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Endorph posted:

the game just defaults to not using 4* light cones/relics for exp in autofill, you can change that.
Forget character build guides, I need a guide for every lightcone that will never even theoretically be useful in comparison to the easiest-to-obtain 4-star lightcones, just so I can always nuke those on sight

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Blade is Destruction, huh? And a source of wind damage? poo poo, I'm probably gonna have to pull for him, I have a level 2 Something Irreplaceable and nothing to use it

Ytlaya posted:

Does Jing Yuan's summon benefit from Tingyun's buff (either from her Skill or Ultimate)?
It does a percentage of Jing's attack, so presumably

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Eimi posted:

We already have Illya and Berserker, so may as well get Archer.
No that's March 7th

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Are they gonna announce what the next set of Undying Starlight lightcones are before they reset? Because I'll probably have 600 before then and both the Gepard and Bailu signature lightcones would help a lot, but also I just rolled Jing Yuan and I doubt I'm gonna whale for his lightcone so maybe waiting to get that would be good?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Eimi posted:

If it's like Genshin what's in that shop now will be the only things in it. You definitely won't see Jing Yuan or Seele's cone in there ever.
Ah, so the reset is so you can only buy that particular lightcone once a month for superimposing purposes, not because it rotates, got it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm probably gonna have to whale for Blade because he's a wind type destruction guy and I need to put my level two superimposition Something Irreplaceable on SOMEONE

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I hope once the xianzhao is fleshed out, they add another smashing containers event where that guy somehow found his way here and a Cloud Knight has teamed up with them and the Property Protection Squad just gets bigger every expansion

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

please someone help, I can't stop pulling Natasha, I have all of her eidolons and I just pulled her *again* for 20 starlight

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I like Hunt and Reflection a lot, but I only like Reflection because I have Gepard and Hunt because I have a juiced-up Seele

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm 171 pulls into Regular Warp and still haven't gotten a single 5-star character out of it. Which is Great

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Indecisive posted:

oof :( Guess you got 2 LC's? from what people have been saying I guess your next 5* should be a character guaranteed, but it does suck to have to wait that long for one since at this point normal ticket income is pretty slow
I actually got one lightcone! Something Irreplaceable, twice. Don't even have a Destruction character worth using it.

Ah well, I'm not hurting too bad, I have a Seele and Jing from special warp.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

UHD posted:

HSR seems more willing to give you free 4* characters

good luck leveling them all tho
hey, every 4* you get is another two warp tickets for the trivial cost of leveling them to 40

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I just use Dance! Dance! on Tingyun

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

my only problem is trying to run Seele, Jing Yuan and Tingyun at the same time while still remaining survivable.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Eimi posted:

The point of Arlan is he does decent damage but he doesn't cost a skill point. Not costing SP is a pretty big advantage, though it does require a different team comp, especially because destruction chars have a higher agro value than other classes.
And with E1 Sushang basically does the same thing without hurting herself

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

mods ban this hosed up starskiff vandal

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

the character archive is like "Sushang appears to be 16 or 17, but being from Xiangshou who knows????" which doesn't help. I need more accurate lore! I want to know exactly how old somebody like Jing Yuan is!
I imagine Jing's at least like 500

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The "elves" in xianshou are effectively infinite (but probably not more than 8000 or so)

everyone else isn't. I think the foxgirl can get to 200?
Tingyun mentions wanting to enjoy the remaining 200 or so years of her lifespan, so i get the feeling they live to 500 or so.

But yeah, the "Xianshou natives" (elf people) and the dragonkin seem effectively immortal, though with the caveats of reincarnation for the dragons and inevitable mara sickness as a limiter for the elves.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

So, just to be clear, being that I'm someone who hadn't played a second of either the Honkai Impact or Genshin series before this

Honkai 3rd has a Bronya, and also has... another, punk hacker Bronya? And Star Rail also has a version of the first Bronya, but she's a distinct. alternate reality version of Bronya, while punk hacker Bronya is potentially the same punk hacker Bronya? Oh dear I just went crosseyed

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Clarste posted:

I also got this and it kinda sucks, no other Destruction really wants that at all (although I suppose maybe the raw stats are good enough?). I wonder if we'll eventually get more Clara-likes to get value out of stuff like that.
I got two copies of this and yeah, it's kinda a bummer, but I wouldn't go so far as to say other Destruction characters don't want it at all. It's a flat attack bonus that matches the 4-star cones, and a heal both on kill and on hit, and even without Clara if you place the Destruction character next to your tank cleave attacks will ensure it triggers plenty.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Zurai posted:

"Blast" type attacks hit the primary target and the person standing to either side of them. This is just as true for enemies as it is for the Trailblazer's Skill and alternate Ultimate. You want your tank either in the first or last slot to minimize that splash damage, and you don't want your most fragile character standing next to them.
Honestly one of my biggest gripes with the entire game is that they do the tutorial with March in position 2, which teaches a bad habit

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I feel my ability to progress in Memory of Chaos is limited by my lack of a levelled wind character. Don't have Bronya, between Dan Heng and Sampo who's worth investing in?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Clarste posted:

You're supposed to beat SU 5 at level 40, so yes, you are extremely overleveled.
They might mean the tier of SU unlocked by ascension level 5?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fire Trailblazer's shields will always be weak no matter how you gear them. They are handy for blocking chip damage, and combined with their skill's party-wide defense buff they do some work. But the best way to equip them, imo, is to get Texture of Memories from Simulated Universe, which makes them specifically super-tanky. So they eat taunted attacks for lunch, and limit damage to the rest of the team to AOE stuff, which the tiny shields are often enough to negate.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

I've taken to placing the healer in the leftmost slot because otherwise I have to move her every time I want to use a support character, and that gets annoying.
I usually order it tank, dps, healer, support character/second DPS

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

AParadox posted:

I put my tanks in a corner and the healer next to them since the healers scale hp and are more likely to survive the colateral damage from the tank agro.
This is probably the "right" choice, especially in high-difficulty stuff like SU and Memories, but I like Seele popping her ult as much as possible and I almost always end up sitting on my healing ult

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I have Seele, so I can afford to skip Silver Wolf. Both Luocha and Blade fill bigger needs for me.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Meiteron posted:

It's worth considering that Silver Wolf is an incredible enabler for Seele since she'll be able to apply Quantum weakness to things that don't have it and both of them benefit from it. A bunch of the pre-release evaluations for up coming characters highlight that Silver Wolf is good just in a vacuum but the people who really benefit are Seele-havers.

Luocha is useful if you do not yet have a 5-star healer since he can be targeted from a banner and Baiyu mostly cannot (I doubt anyone's gonna blow their 300-roll spark on her). I won't claim to understand your bench but Blade is ultimately a character that Hits Hard and is ultimately the most replaceable of the three.
I just need some decent body to slap my superimposition 2 Something Irreplaceable on, and I don't have Clara but Blade and his self-heal stuff seems like the next-best person for it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Silver Wolf is tempting, especially considering how compatable she is with my Seele, but also I'm currently planning on taking Bronya at pick 300 if I don't get her beforehand, and they're an even better combo. I spent a little money in the first couple weeks I played this just to help myself get established, but I've made a blood vow with myself not to spend anything beyond the Nameless Valor, daily gem pack and the first round of gems in the shop when they're worth double. So I'm practicing patience and waiting.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

So, I've sorted out a ride or die team of 6 primary characters

Gepard
FireMC
Jing Yuan
Seele
Natasha (E6!)
Tingyun

In your opinions, what two or three five-stars would be the best fit for that? Bronya seems obvious. Need another healer for sure, be it Bailu if I pull her or Luocha. I feel like the ideal is to have like 10 ride or die max level characters that have good coverage. Welt would be good because I literally don't have any nihility characters or imaginary characters (obviously), and I have a near-perfect 5-star relic waiting for him. Blade would help cover wind damage. Any options I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

GateOfD posted:

Might have to invest in Natasha for my 2nd healer since don’t have enough to roll for coffin guy
She's very good imo! And with E6 she actually does a nonzero amount of damage, which is good for me because I've somehow pulled her 7 times so far