Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Steam trading cards are an infinitely more ethical version of NFTs so I support the people who trade them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they're the same thing conceptually but i don't think you have to make your graphics card cook for a couple hours to make a steam trading card

hence the "infinitely more ethical" part.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Lol my vet cut their hours to the point where I can't get an appointment without taking a day off of work and also they're booked solid 6 months out. the vet industry is collapsing and I'm gonna just chalk it up to private equity since that seems to be the reason why everything sucks now.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Why would you play other SRPGs when XCOM 2 exists?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

front mission lets you build cool robots and smash em up

invalid since XCOM 2 also has cool robots.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

In a year we'll be talking about GTA6 getting marked down to $130 for steam sale.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

drat horror queefs posted:

It's too drat long my dude

The greys can keep earth if I gotta sink 200 hours of my life into kicking them out

Politifact says this statement is FALSE: A playthrough of XCOM 2's campaign can be completed in around 30-35 hours, with variables based on player skill and difficulty.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

tlou is extremely good

Lol no it isn't. You're just impressed by prestige TV in videogame form.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Dreylad posted:

battle brothers

the XCOM 2 expansion added soldier bond mechanics so your boys can be war friends.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I remember the multiplayer in tlou being kinda fun but don't quote me on that.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

tlou2 is good because it's more violent and amoral than manhunt

"oooh every human enemy has a name to make you feel" yeah make me feel awesome when I drive a machette on them

Neil Druckmann made TLOU2 because he wanted to kill all palestinians. This is the deep thinker behind the greatest stories in video games.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Defend Kojimaist thought.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

TLOU2 makes it canon that Joel was a huge pearl jam fan and that's how he knows their final single that went unreleased before the world ended by heart.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Most of Fortnite's player base wasn't alive the last time Eminem put out a good album.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I honestly can't believe Eminem is coming to Fortnite before Peter Griffin but I guess they really want every skin to fit a certain body type now. RIP the dream of Peter and Homer in fortnite

I was just thinking about this the other day but for spongebob. Hitboxes are a bitch.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

They could do Hank Hill very easily, otoh

Throw the Hank Trill guy a couple bucks so he can be packaged with a dancing emote and I'm in.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Having flashbacks to early season Apex when hitboxes were all anyone talked about.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Imagining a group emote where you and 3 of your friends stand in a line and crack brews.

It's so beautiful in my mind.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

drat horror queefs posted:

Nah I looked this up too years ago, iirc there's no baby and you never even meet the person he's rambling about for half the fight, it's all vibes

The dragon was a time traveler holding the baby of Revolver Ocelot wearing digital camo. It's a secret MGS crossover.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Step 1 in a master plan to have an Elden Ring 2 boss named Ocelot that spins a staff a lot in a cutscene without having to pay royalties

Elden Ring 2 will do multiverse poo poo to be the Smash Ultimate "Everyone is Here!" of Fromsoft games.

So the Ocelot character will come from the Bloodborne universe and spin dual blunderbusses.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Has anyone bought the Super Mario RPG remake? I'm looking for a switch game to play while on vacation.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Come to Dark Souls for the deep lore and characters like king guy who dragon furried so hard he turned into a hosed up dog monster and also his kid turned invisible.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Goddamn I forgot how much being on the Fortnite battle pass grind sucks. gently caress.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Picked up Remnant 2 on sale, the gameplay and the gunplay are pretty snappy but the lore and worldbuilding is absolute trash, and the random order of elements is just a back of the box gimmick that won't actually make it more replayable.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's kind of incredible that the game sounds awful and they still managed to make most of their review a really weird focus on how you kill the justice league in a game called "kill the justice league" and you're forced to do bad guy things.

SS:KtJL seems like a game that it'll be impossible to tell whether it's good or not until it's actually out and we know how much of the game is GaaS monetization bullshit.

the vibes I get from the game are very Gotham Knights and it's a shame.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I fuckin' love when menus have 15 tabs along the top that I need to scroll through like it's Safari on my dad's iPad and there's like a .5 second load between each tab. just inject that poo poo into my veins.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle just sounds like they gave up halfway through coming up with the title.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Nintendo Versatile

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Just release 32x style upgrades for the switch and call them the Nintendo Top and the Nintendo Bottom.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Previews for Suicide Squad are so bad that Rocksteady is lifting their NDA on the Alpha testers hoping that they'll generate positive word of mouth.

That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Nintendo SWAT and it's just a group of guys kicking your door in and shooting you in the head.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Apparently it's more that they'd have to rework so much to specifically make an on-model Peter Griffin skeleton, animations and so on that it was easier (and funnier) to just model him with one of their existing Male, Female and Muscular body types. I'm glad to see the three genders from City of Heroes are still recognised.

That game has a base decoration that's doors for Male, Female and Huge bathrooms.

Also if they did all that work a significant portion of the userbase would never use the skin because they would convince themselves that his hitbox was 1% bigger or something.

That's why Epic basically threw their hands up on skins a while ago and won't make anything that doesn't fit onto their premade skeletons.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Whirling posted:

Kids can't really shape discussions online

What world do you live in?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

it's apparently unpopular to like Roche in the remake. screw that, I thought he was the most badass mf in the game

I feel like this needs citation because I've never heard any other opinion than "Roche rules."

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Is helldivers 2 any good? How does it play in pubs?

It looks like a fun extraction shooter but I got burned by Darktide a couple years ago.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

my_custom_username posted:

All the compilation poo poo made people forget what FF7 was really about, it was always a very goofy unserious game. Roche is ftw imo

What's funny is a lot of the compilation stuff is very deliberately funny.

Advent Children revolves around three scene kids with an army of cancer ridden 8 year olds.

Crisis Core is like 70% wacky hijinks.

Dirge of Cerebus is probably the CoFF7 property that's most self-serious and I don't think many people played it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Remember when people lost their poo poo over the option to have a quest compass in the original Bioshock?

good times.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Hatebag posted:

is this creating a mosaic surface of men grouted into the ground or wall?

Stop making me wistful for Eternal Darkness.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

A dozen people on the Ishimura coordinating to write CUT OFF THEIR LIMBS in 2 foot high letters in their own blood on random walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

"Hey, maybe we need to regulate these things that let people punch through concrete walls and shoot lasers out of their eyes."

"This is just like the civil rights movement."