Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ben Nerevarine posted:

thinking about Plok! reminded me of Trog! for the NES, but I couldn’t remember the exact name, just that it had cartoonish cavemen in it, so I googled “nes caveman games” and not only is Trog! one of several caveman games for the NES, but there was a game for it called Caveman Games

the more you know

play Trog!

cavemen were weirdly common in pre-3d era games. i don't think any of them survived the transition to 3d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

theres only 2 high production value cgi cutscenes the rest are in engine skippable dreck. the ad you watched was probably the first one of these two

wow. diablo 2 managed like 6 or 7 fmvs, standards have really gone down

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

olives black posted:

ff16 looks, aesthetically, like it's doing it's best to
remind people of game of thrones

why. why would you do this

they started development when GoT wasn't cringe i guess

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

both Hunter Biden and Wakka hosed their dead brother's woman

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

redneck nazgul posted:

kirby please tell me about kitava's hunger and kitava's torments

he's very hungry and very tormented by that fact

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Durf posted:

i can't imagine 'dipping' in and out of WoW

it's easy you just pay for a month's subscription due to brain sickness and then by the end of the month you're bored and don't want to pay money anymore. as long as you stay away from raids so that you never feel like anyone is "depending on you" the part of WoW that ruins people's lives will never touch you

that being said it was lovely the last time i touched it a few years ago and i can't imagine it being any better now after blizz publicly melting down over and over

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

I am currently watching a Majora's Mask randomizer run, and it occurred to me: how do they get away with doing these

like, they regularly run Nintendo romhacks on GDQ, randomizers or otherwise, and half of that word is "rom," and Nintendo would absolutely sue a charity event for 51% of its earnings every year, so why haven't they

nintendo doesn't care about romhacks unless they are materially competing with a nintendo product. so pokemon romhacks that are trying to present a credible alternative to the current release by including features from the current generation of games often get targeted with C&Ds for example, but a randomizer for a 25 year old game isn't competing directly with a nintendo product, it's just free advertising for zelda. it's sort of surprising that nintendo didn't aim their legal department at the SMW hack community when they released mario maker but maybe it was seen as too big to kill, idk.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Whirling posted:

I still don't know what was up with Dragon Age 2 to make it come out the way that it did.

good, you mean?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

the world of ac6 is so loving bleak lmao, i love how mercenary you are. in world, you gotta figure those generals or execs or whatever giving you the jobs are like "well, ok, we got Raven penciled into the calendar for corpodate 2321.18, but he's blocked off on 2321.21 so he's probably gonna just come back and gently caress up everything we did later anyway, can we get the bonus negotiated down????

even funnier are the ones that are like

mission 1: "raven, these terrorists are creating weapons of mass destruction. wipe them out for the sake of all of mankind"
mission 2: "raven, some fucker came in yesterday and hosed all of our poo poo up!! we need you to help us fix it"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hatebag posted:

i think someone could put nuts in a boba tea and market it as "boba deez nuts" and lose a bunch of money

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

what i dont get is if im supposed to sell and buy parts no consequence to make my mech why are they two separate menus it would be way better if i could just toggle the whole armory as either bought or in stock from one screen

sorry bud they've been doing it this way since ac1 and they're not about to change it now

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

all of bethesda's games have had procgen poo poo in between built areas going back to arena. even morrowind is partially procgen. starfield sounds like it's basically gonna be daggerfall in space as far as how the map was made

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

todd smirking as he writes the robot telling you to turn on your monitor

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

What does dlss do. Nerds make it sound like essentially magic that makes your computer more epicer. I think my 2060 is dlss capable so I should probably install

you set the game to a low resolution and then nvidia passes it through a magic box that makes it look like it's not low resolution even though it is, and does it without as much of a performance hit as if you were at the high resolution

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Just update your virus definitions file, and that should give you system-wide protection from the Woke Mind.

only works if you're running mcafee

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the ac1 games are a ton of fun. would highly recommend as long as you can put up with psx jank and are willing to rebind the controls so they don't suck

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

I did some megapack 8 hour install thing for skyrim once and the first barrow I wandered into I walked into an alcove and three skeletons blasted through the opposite door like loving swat and I was dead before I realized I was even in danger

that's good actually

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pead posted:

I prefer my stealth where i slowly crouch walk around while a goblin 5 feet away looks directly at me and says "someone there?!?!"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ben Nerevarine posted:

the SNES needed a whole chip for Mode 7. meanwhile there’s a game for the Sega Genesis that implemented it at the software level, a little game called Puggsy, and it owned, but nobody ever talks about THAT

i shan't be talking about puggsy

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

why is the new version so sterile sounding lol

doesn't have any of the little flourishes it's like a simplified version of the composition for 14 year olds to play in the school band

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

lmao my first ruler just died from croup or something at 55

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Lies of P is mute (he is a puppett, obv), which means you get a robot ghost to talk for you in a cool robot voice

and then an NPC is like "ur ghostvoice is damaged, repair it" and it turns into a quirked up marvel guy :gonk:

*nose grows* well that just happened!! *nose grows again*

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

The general wisdom about D&D on SA is that the opposite of this is true for every edition except 4th but it sure isn't for BG3

My MC is a Frenzy barbarian and Lae'zel has Great Weapon Master and they get three attacks each per turn and they outpace my magic users in DPS since they don't have to worry about spell slots. Not great for AoE or crowd control though obv

tabletop d&d gives huge advantage to spellcasters compared to video game d&d for two reasons. first, there are usually a bunch of spells that don't make it into the games because they would break the video game in half, like flight or scrying. second, a lot of DMs are unimaginative rubes who are willing to let cleverly used magic be the solution to problems it shouldn't be "because it's cool", but who gasp in horror at the idea that the barbarian could also do cool unrealistic things because his muscles are very large and huge

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

What YouTuber is a good one to learn Vicky3?

you should dive straight in because a big part of the fun of any paradox game is figuring out how to play effectively, if you skip to being semi-proficient by just watching some other dude play for 100 hours you're draining away part of the experience of the game

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Geralt Ford.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Also, if there are only 3 systems (or is it planets) per government, how the gently caress do people have Irish accents or whatever? There's not enough regions for regional dialects to exist.

I keep running into Space Russians, Space Irish, whatever and it makes no sense how they wouldn't have homogenized their dialects into speaking like cowboys in the FC or American Coastal Liberal Voice Actor in the UC.

pretend it's 30 planets per government and you're only allowed to land on 3 of them if it makes you happy, no AAA video game is ever going to understand space or politics or space politics

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

doing that you get a reputation for the rest of the game as someone who creeps the women's bathroom and all the female unatco employees are wary of you when you talk to them

wow. woke much???

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Man that'd probably be up there but it wasn't an MMORPG in the sense that people mean, it was more like an RPG beatemup where you have 40 wildly different characters and you geared for critically critting. The most fun zero braincell game the IP has put out in my lifetime

there is a marvel heroes private server in development (actually, for real)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

hey folks please don't post the doxxed information of people itt even if they are loser pedophile gamer bros with bad opinions about Games who are getting slammed all over twitter or w/e

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

his address was in the infodump and it would be cool if we didn't have that in a SA thread i don't give a gently caress about his name or w/e

Nonsense posted:

who, what, make sense man!

the andrew dude that was posted a few pages ago

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

infodump? you mean the sex offender registry????

i was just referring to the post as an infodump lol

obviously it is trivial to go from A to B here but do that for yourself if you're curious, don't post the address

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

If your whole thing is going to be brooding and moping around, I just met a dark side weirdo whose brooding and moping (like 10 feet from Jedi HQ lmao, I think these idiots may not be terribly capable) corrupted a whole region, at least get on that level

carth has such bland whiny white guy energy that they just put him into mass effect to be a boring rear end in a top hat a few years later and nobody remembered carth well enough to notice

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

It makes sense, given most NES games of its type would take less than an hour to beat if played straight-through. They basically had to make them the sort of thing that you'd need countless runs to beat (if you ever did).

it's also just programmed poorly

the swimming section isn't supposed to be hard at all but they hosed up how the hitboxes work when you're swimming so you take damage when you aren't touching anything damaging and phase through poo poo that should hit you

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

playing castlevania dawn of sorrow for the first time. it kinda sucks

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Good week for fnf mods, two of my favorites got an update. Friday Night Crunchin and Ourple Guy both got new songs and ourple got a big art overhaul.

finally found something more disconcerting than hootington's fortnite posts

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

Nergal and Bhaal seem particularly redundant, especially for gods that hang out together all the time. It feels like they were one-upping each other when picking their domains. "I'm the god of death!" "Dammit, I wanted death." "Too late, I called it!" "Fine, I'm not the god of death, I'm the god of, uh, murder."

nergal is a god from the sumerian pantheon, which followed their people to faerun when some rear end in a top hat wizard opened a portal to earth and started kidnapping people from mesopotamia (d&d is stupid). so it makes sense for there to be some overlap i guess. bhaal used to be a human - he and two of his buddies (bane and myrkul) asked the god of death politely if they could have his poo poo and he was like "yeah actually being a god sucks, each of you can have a third of my domain, bye"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

rodcet nife is just a alien

star wars rear end name

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

with Atreus yelling all the time "hey dad it looks like you could try climbing that"

kratos is now canonically old and stupid please respect the game's artistic vision

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

If I'm 3 planets into KOTOR and already getting a bit bored or sick of the combat and maps in general, should I just spoil myself on the rest and move on? I like the story itself and especially I've grown fond of Bastila "bubbling cauldron of anger and resentment" Shan and look forward to her obviously telegraphed turn, but if it's not like in the next 2-3 hours I've got a big backlog of stuff I'll enjoy a lot more waiting on me.

maybe

there's stuff in there that's probably best experienced first-hand instead of on wookieepedia tho imo

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 21:23 on Oct 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I guess my question is, how much longer is there to go. I've done Manaan, Kashyyk, and am about to chat with some sand people on Tatooine. I'm willing to devote another evening to the game but if it's longer than that I'm making other plans

you'd need to finish up tatooine, do korriban, and then it's basically a sprint to the endgame. an evening should get you into the endgame stuff and once you're on the endgame mystery jungle planet you can probably just stop and look up the final boss on youtube