Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I've never gotten covid and haven't ever worn anything more than a cloth mask. anyone needs tips hmu

Bum the Sad posted:

What do you think led you down the road to being a failure in life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

i'll tolerate a covid thread (sigh) but where's the pestilence thread

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

LentThem posted:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1688939156620161029

Its fine, we're just ruining kids lives no big deal

they knew the risks of being born

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

god help us all

or don't i guess w/e

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Corrigenda posted:

the reopening of the SAD thread.

lol that was always gonna happen literally no matter how the "reboot" went

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

[COVID-19] Is it starting again?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

you could say the same thing about succ zone a year or two ago, and in retrospect there was a valid criticism that we would spend way too much time winding ourselves up over posts we didn't have to read,

:thunk:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Okuteru posted:

The future is Arthur Morgan forgoing antibiotics and taking his chances trying to cure TB with Whiskey.

hell yeah i was built for this

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Petey posted:

did i miss anything of clinical significance (read that i would update the google doc for) in the last 1000 posts

hosed with the start of semester; covid going around and the student email lists are lighting up urging each other to mask and test, but none of them can find free antigen tests anymore

we've the tools

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Parent posted:

Coaches, [player] is sick. Not making practice

nice. i was in a car with this parent and player two (2) days ago. wish me luck, lol, lmao

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Death of Innocence posted:

What are you guys doing for haircuts? Do you just hold the mask in place when you take the straps off?

been cutting it myself for about 15 years, highly recommend

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

I wanna see the greasy goon locks

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Zantie posted:

“Remember, you can’t be anxious and smile at the same time. That’s a physiological thing,” Webber said.

What the flying gently caress is this poo poo?

i thought that was just oracle taking the piss but that's actually in there lmfao

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

quote:

Webber also recommends cracking a smile. Watch funny movies, listen to comedy routines, ask everyone you talk to on the phone to tell you a joke.

struggling with covid apathy/fatigue? just get real fuckin annoying. make talking to you intolerable

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

when you guys talk about c*vid and how it might not be totally cool and fine my tummy gets upset which makes you the real monsters

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Geight posted:

I'm interpreting the government spinning up the free tests again as an indicator that they think things are gonna be bad again this winter.

that's giving them way too much credit, they only (half-assedly) do stuff once poo poo's already out of hand

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

https://bsky.app/profile/hilzoy.bsky.social/post/3k7rne64zfq2i

quote:

PSA: the CDC has a program that pays for your COVID vaccine if your insurer won't. The guy at CVS told me that my insurer had not added the new vaccine to its formulary yet, so I'd need to pay $190. I told him about this program, showed him the website, and paid nothing. 🤗

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/bridge/index.html

quote:

CDC’s Bridge Access Program provides no-cost COVID-19 vaccines to adults without health insurance and adults whose insurance does not cover all COVID-19 vaccine costs. No-cost COVID-19 vaccines through this program will be available until December 31, 2024.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

Covid is fully back - 15 teachers out without subs in my building alone

smaller sample size but practice last night, one coach who i hadn't seen for a week and change is back (was out with covid) and says he's struggling with fatigue and borderline narcolepsy now, another said he's unusually fatigued but tested negative, so 2/4 coaches present dealing with covid/mystery affliction issues

i've mostly given up on asking the kids how school is going even though it used to be a good way to connect with them because the feedback is dire

anyway i hope all you denizens of this extremely irrelevant thread are hanging in there ✊:smith::unsmith:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

[Pestilence] “They keep just hoping it’ll go away.”

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

DominoKitten posted:

imagine the satisfaction of setting up this gotcha

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1705320393337159768

idk how he does it from beyond the grave but this norm macdonald character rules

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

celadon posted:

i think giving up on covid made it illogical to do anything but give up on anything less immediately dangerous than covid, which unfortunately is most aspects of public health. so we just gotta give up as hard as we can wherever we can, forever

it's called the new normal, what do you want to do? be weird?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Sorry, you're on your own

euphronius posted:

wens solution seems to be you are on your own, good luck

lmao as if we ever get as much as the bolded parts

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

hailthefish posted:

lmao

wearing an n95 for hours at a time while engaged in physical activity does, unquestionably, suck absolute rear end but it's not like, impossible or traumatizing or anything, it just fuckin sucks. like I'm a big fat out of shape goon with commensurate cardiovascular and respiratory health and managed just fine lmao

it's really not that bad ime and i've both done several hours straight of physical labor in one (aura), plus spending about 32 hours straight in an airport in one (aura again, of course had to pull it down at times during that to drink or eat) which included sleeping in it

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

Anyway we're disinvited from the entire event now, because "anyone who is worried about their health shouldn't come at all"

what the gently caress man :(

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

mothed up! ready to go!

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Fell Mood posted:

So here's an anecdote. I work in heavy industry for a mid sized company with about 1000 or so employees and contractors. I got a print out today of the year to date fatalities. It's not just my company, but industry wide in the US. The interesting thing isn't the total number, but rather the ratio of accidents to natural causes.

"Employee found dead from natural causes, no equipment involved"
"Employee found unresponsive"
"Contractor sustained a medical emergency during a meeting"
"Employee collapsed due to unknown reasons"
"Employee had a heart attack while driving"

Of the 18 deaths that occured so far this year, 10 involved accidents like getting hit by equipment, falling, electrocution ect. 8 were "found unresponsive" or "employee collapsed" 2 of the accidental deaths were falls from unknown causes, in other words not a fall from height but rather falling down stairs or while getting on equipment and then hitting their head, most likely they had passed out for some reason.

it was just there time 😌

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Poppers posted:

Albuterol is indeed ftw but it doesn’t “clear things up”, it just opens up the airways. That can make it easier to hack up gunk though.

so it clears things up then, thanks poopers

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

anecdotally people are just about starting to be willing to admit that maybe it's not so good when everyone is sick all the time

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Is there a bunch of viruses going around or something? (self.houston)

The Duality of Man

driving solo while wearing a mask rules because you know some weepy dipshit is gonna see you and get upset about it

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

also applies to just wearing a mask in general 🙌

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

Today I know personally 3 of my coworkers calling out sick today and I've never seen that many bus still parked at the yard this morning.

It's definitely here and hitting hard. Mask up and stay safe y'all

i got to live a thread classic anecdote yesterday where someone saw me in a mask, asked if i wasn't feeling well, i responded with something to the effect of no just trying to avoid that, they say "that's smart, definitely something going around right now"

i'll leave you with the incredibly suspenseful cliffhanger of whether they were wearing/put on a mask or not

also pay no mind to the several unmasked people around who are constantly coughing

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

hosed up for weeks or even months on end, can't sleep, repeated infections one (1) week apart, awash in a sea of thousands of mystery viruses and you can't possibly know which one you have, my diagnosis: mild case of normality

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Pingui posted:

TIME posted:

Getting Sick All the Time?

nope

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

i'm going to give my entire pax hoard that i stole directly from the mouths of pregnant women to my dog and nobody can stop me

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

toggle posted:

studies have said that wearing masks CAN BE DANGEROUS

i just returned home from another flight and was stuffing pretzel sticks into my feeding hole/sip mask valve the entire flight. this is a game changer for aeroplane safety and feeding tbh. such freedom, it’s incredible lmao

arent you like definitely getting salt/crumbs all over the valve/mask idk sounds less than ideal

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Pingui posted:

quote:

Yet as many people know from experience, COVID-19

:hmmyes:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

love to make the exact same mistake over and over and over, forever, until the end of time (once we are all finally dead)

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

the cali 1 day iso thing is some seriously deranged poo poo especially at this moment, on some level ppl are aware that no you cant just pretend all the disease away and they are not coping well

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

the not-covid mystery illness i have has hosed up me and 2/5 my senses, and i am not concerned at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

just make one of these
https://twitter.com/TheFandelier/status/1594831031886311425