Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Metis of the Hallway posted:

I've never understood why you'd bother removing the avocado pip like that, I just kinda squeeze it out and I never have a problem.

When you say "squeeze it out" all I can imagine is you're squishing the avocado half in your hand, resulting in a huge mess. What do you actually mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Hippocrass posted:

Lets trade ICQ #'s ITT.

Mine's 5318008.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Cop looks like he's trying to transform into a leopard or something.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I'm assuming that last guy braked hard for some reason? I don't know why he would but otherwise it's got to be the tiny invisible wall.

The ones who try to step off the bike in motion are even dumber though. Do they have no awareness of how fast they're moving? Or do they lack the basic understanding of momentum that most of us developed as small children?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/diawlectical/status/1712992569859183010

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Borscht posted:

Isn’t this the guy who just got busted for making up all of these interactions he’s using in his act?

I think Stewart Lee has a bit in one of his shows where he's telling a story but keeps interrupting himself to point out that it's made up and never happened.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

A Moose posted:

lmao that a guy posted that he bikes 3 hours a day to work like it was a normal thing and you all believed him.
Three hour round trip.Only an hour and a half each way. I used to do a 2.5 hour round trip a while back. Sometimes you have to work somewhere inconveniently far from where you live (eg. because your lease ran out and you can't find/afford anywhere closer).

OK so what did they expect to happen? Because the thing collapsing seems to comes as something of a surprise to them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Posting because it's interesting not as a criticism of you for sharing it: this one's (probably) fake and that guy doesn't exist.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm mostly seeing complaints from people on Chrome or Chrome derivatives like Opera.

Vivaldi with uBlock Origin continues to work for me.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

I listen to about 4 hours of podcasts per day on google podcast. Got a note last week saying that next year they were doing away with GPs and that I would have access to them on youtube music, and if I paid for premium I would have the ability to KEEP PLAYING WHAT I WAS LISTENING TO WHILE MY SCREEN WAS LOCKED. They did the same thin with google music a couple of years back and I couldn't find a good mp3 player for my phone so I use my wife's apple music account on my droid. If they actually go through with this, I might end up switching to iPhone even though I don't want to hear about it from everyone who has yelled at me to get one for the last 15 or so years.

If you install Firefox for Android and go into the Add-ons Manager you can install Video Background Play Fix and then use the YouTube Music website through Firefox instead of the app and it'll work with the screen off. It's a bit of a hassle, but there is no loving way I'm paying them to remove an inconvenience that they intentionally added to make their service worse.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

That show he did with an old curmudgeon priest was pretty popular but I think it ended because the Father got defrocked for saying gays are fine
Speaking in Tongues was a single 12-episode series that aired in 2005-2006. Father Bob was a parish priest until 2012 when he was "asked" to retire (at the age of 75). He continued to co-host a radio show with Jon Safran on JJJ until late 2015.

Safran's latest book, published 2021, was shortlisted for the Prime Minister's Literary Award for Nonfiction.

derp posted:

I worked nights at a gas station when sparks came out and the number of teens who tried to buy it and then pretended they 'didnt know it was alcohol' when I carded them was so high that it must have been working for them somewhere
Maybe. Maybe they were just hoping it would eventually pay off. Can't hurt to try!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Samovar posted:

It would help if I knew who that person is, or if there was a link to this picture...

It's pretty easy to google.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Aussie dashcams: the final video has a confused mother with several kids wandering around on the road and when a driver gets out to help her she goes into attack mode
(timestamped to 20:45)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqgB8W910XI&t=1245s
What was the driver even trying to do here? The ducks were off the road by the time she got out of the car, and she shoos them back onto the road and then right into the middle of the adjoining street. :confused:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Bartender prank: the ol' frothy top

https://i.imgur.com/XGDnbho.mp4

"Where's the flake? It's a loving ice-cream!" :roflolmao:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

OK so I'm left wondering, if the point was to show how good he is at not accidentally shooting his gun, and he failed to demonstrate that, why did he post it? :confused:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well yeah, what are you gonna do when you get two criminals with guns running at you from two different directions? Checkmate, Europe :chord:
I will simply wait until they are both about to shoot me, then duck, causing them to shoot each other. :smuggo:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

"Is it racist for a white guy to complain about not being able to say the n-word, to a Discord channel filled with confirmed neo-Nazis? On r/speedrun, apparently the answer is up for debate."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The General posted:

Ehh, I'm not sure giving teenagers a free pass to rip people off is a good idea.

It's more about preventing the opposite (ie. stopping adults from ripping off teenagers). If an adult happens to be dumb enough to get ripped off by a child then they're an unfortunate casualty of an otherwise useful and necessary precaution.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tagra posted:

I think it's 2 hours or two weeks after purchase now. We purchased a co-op game in a sale and then didn't get around to playing it for a while, then when we finally got the group together to try it the game was dogshit so we quit just before the 2 hour mark and tried to refund it. Got denied because it had been too long since the purchase date. Which is kind of fair but also buying things and not playing them for years is the Steam meta, dammit.
This has been the case for a long time. It's not really a problem for full-price games because there's not really any reason to buy it ahead of when you plan to play it anyway, but you can easily get caught out with sales where something seems worth trying at 50% off so you buy it but then don't have time to try it out until it's too late to get a refund.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Vlaphor posted:

I just leave the stall door wide open. Bask in my glory people!
You and this one guy I used to work with. I actually had to say something to him about it.

:gonk: Shut the door, Karl.
:dumb: Oh, it doesn't bother me though.
:gonk: It bothers other people, Karl. Shut the door.

What? What is she doing? Why?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

What was he even trying to do?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I just posted about this in the First World Problems thread. I watched a random youtube video about an old man in a traditional Japanese barber shop because it seemed cool and, being bald, I actual do kinda miss getting haircuts. I failed to see that it was ASMR, because the title was also in Japanese and I didn't pay it much mind.

I've now blocked maybe 100 different channels and wiped my entire youtube history to try and stop the creepy bullshit youtube's been recommending to me ever since.

I can sympathise with people who are so starved for human interaction that a video where a woman makes intense eye contact with the camera while pretending to comb your hair and whisper spitting into a microphone seems attractive. I can pity them even.

Just, please, keep your creepy bullshit out of my recommendations.

Just go into your watch history and remove the one video that's loving up your recommendations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Afraid I have some bad news on this.

Vivaldi + uBlock Origin + SponsorBlock = No ads on YouTube.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Why did she grab her back?

Elias_Maluco posted:

She was hit by a ball there
It happens extremely quickly. I had to watch it about 30 times to figure out what was happening.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Only 94% of people in western europe are aware of the holocaust? :stare:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Are people honestly not understanding the use of the word "aesthetic" in this context or is this a joke or reference I'm not getting?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Foxfire_ posted:

Why do we believe the scam actually happened vs someone just making up a story for an article?

I think the main reason people believe it is that, hard as it is to believe that someone would be stupid enough to fall for such an obvious scam and then write about how dumb they were, it seems even less likely that someone would make up a story in which they were a complete moron and then present it as true to an international audience.

But on the other hand, the point that many people have raised about the difficulty of getting $50,000 in cash from a bank without notice or explanation does seem to suggest that she probably did make up a story to make herself look like a colossal idiot for some reason.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

pixaal posted:

How do you not hear or feel a train that close?

Trains go really fast. They look at how far away the train is and think they've got tons of time because it's so far, but trains are much, much faster than they're prepared for.

Which is why you don't gently caress around on train tracks. Trains go really loving fast and cannot, under any circumstances, stop in time to avoid an unexpected obstacle.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm more concerned that 28% of us would roll over for a single rat.
In a fight between me and a rat I don't think either of us would "win" because we'd both be trying to not fight each other. If I needed to kill a rat I would not "fight" it, I'd set a trap.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

:same:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

derp posted:

rent is bullshit not because its too drat high (it is) but because it keeps going up.
Nah, rent is bullshit because it's literal theft by extortion. Even if it cost much less and never increased, you would still be paying for someone else to own something. If you go into a shop and pay for something and then someone else picks it up and walks out with it, that's theft. But if you pay for someone else's house and then they keep it and throw you out, that's rent. It's bullshit.

derp posted:

wtf am i supposed to do here, just move to progressively lovely places every few years?
Yes.

derp posted:

if you can buy even if your mortgage is way higher than your current rent, it wont be in a few years. i dont even look at owning a house as owning it, like, just 'locking the rent in place' is worth every hassle of homebuying and homeowning that anyone complains about.
If you can buy.

Atticus_1354 posted:

Why are you letting a 15lb animal bully you?
This is what I always wonder when people talk about their cats trying to sit on their keyboard or whatever else. Just don't let it? They're much smaller than you. You can easily push them around. I've owned cats and yeah, they tried to do stuff that annoyed me and I just didn't let them so they gave up and stopped trying because it didn't work.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

You generally don't have to do any yardwork or maintenance.

I don't know where you live but that's definitely not the case here. You have to maintain the yard to the standard it was when you moved in. If you're lucky, it's a complete mess and you can do what you like. If you're unlucky, it's actually nice and will cost you time and money on top of your rent.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Hippocrass posted:

Do they think they're going to ride the thermals?
Do they think that's how rotary aircraft works?

No. They don't consider the possibility that the fire will make any difference at all. They're just people who bought an expensive toy. They don't know or care how it works.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Did the mouse jump directly into Maggie's mouth?!

No, the cat caught it with its paw, and then transferred it to its mouth.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The gate clearly starts closing well before the car starts moving. Either the driver saw it and somehow thought he could get past, or wasn't looking and just started driving? :stare:

"Driver, that was not a rhetorical question; what are you doing?"

Rasmus posted:

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
This is doubly false. There was no such research and the trick only works some of the time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

I wanna see some probes and I wanna see em now!!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

At a traditional fish & chip shop, "minimum chips" is the minimum price you have to pay for some chips. It's got nothing to do with quantity. If you order a piece of fish, a couple of dims sims and minimum chips then you get enough chips for one person. If you order two pieces of fish, two dim sims, a potato cake and minimum chips, you get enough chips for two people. "Enough" is whatever the person cooking them thinks is enough, and if you're ordering stuff that doesn't make it obvious how many people are eating then you should say "chips for three people" or whatever, and for more than two people they'll charge you some arbitrary amount extra.

Never order chips by price. I've seen people go "well, minimum chips is $3 and that's probably one serve so we'd better order $6 worth for the two of us." If you ask for chips for two people you might get charged as much as $4 but you won't get charged $6, and if you order by price they'll still give you "enough" chips for however many people they think the meal is for, not multiples of the "minimum amount" because they're just eyeballing it anyway.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

Jesus Murphy goons are truly old, what a parade of misery happening itt

People are all like "once you turn 30, your body is a broken husk and life is pain" but actually I don't think you can blame age for that. Try improving your health and fitness maybe? I dunno. All I can tell you is that I'm 39 next month and I don't injure myself doing everyday activities. I can also stay up past midnight and drink a bottle of wine and still feel fine the next day.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

This u?

How are your boners these days?

I do not believe that guy would drink a bottle of wine or stay up past midnight. Having any kind of fun might shorten his life by minutes!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Street wine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What they should do is have her character appear in shadow and get killed in the opening moments of an episode of The Mandolorian, just to close the door on her ever returning.

Because no one who's died on-screen in a Star Wars film has ever returned to the series.