Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

AGC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

the_steve posted:

One of these is a verifiable weather phenomenon, the other is purely subjective and based largely off of icky tummyfeels.

This opinion is so stupid it should be a cartoon in this thread.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Neito posted:

Is it time for "The Ted Rall memorial at the Comics Museum would be a urinal" again?

How about the “fat teachers” one?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
"an obscure section"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Yes, that is 100% correct.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Literally normal for the US. :thumbsup:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

I do not get this at all.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Clerical Terrors posted:

He couldn't even be bothered to write the title of the song? Or is this cartoonist brain at work and he simply defaulted to labeling the music?

The title isn’t the part that makes him mad. It’s the black part.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Winslow recognizes Aunt Sense ("Look who's here!"), asks who she is ("Who is that?"), has never heard her name before ("Carmen Sense?"), has heard all about her but never met her ("So you're Carmen's godmother, Carmen Sense! She talks about you a lot"), and has met her before ("Here are things that have been going on since we saw you last").

Has anyone made an “Auntie Sense” joke yet?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

logger posted:

This cartoonist has no idea how bail works.

They wouldn’t have been arrested if they weren’t guilty of something!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Victar posted:

I couldn't believe this so I looked it up. It's real. Some Florida Republicans pushed a bill that could have given $5 million to Trump for legal fees.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/22/florida-trump-legal-bills-00136984

"The legislation has already won the endorsement from Jimmy Patronis, the state’s Republican chief financial officer, who for months has been publicly calling for taxpayers to pay to defend Trump from criminal charges."

DeSantis said he would veto the bill, and it has been withdrawn. It might never have gotten far anyway, because "There was no House companion to the bill, and it was not something that Republican legislative leaders have been promoting during the start of this year’s session."

The alleged logic behind the bill was:

“If we can help and support a Florida candidate for the White House, that’s just good from a dollars and cents perspective,” Patronis said. “From all the decisions the federal government makes with regard to military installations, to roads, to disaster aid — it’s in Florida’s best interest to make sure their champion for the President is allowed a fair shot at the White House[...]"

I just appreciate that Clay Jones is keeping the piss tape alive.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kikas posted:

It is comforting to see that Ramirez has still, to this day, never looked up how a battleship actually looks.

That’s actually not a bad cartoon of a Ticonderoga class cruiser.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Most incomprehensible

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pants Donkey posted:

Today is Garrison’s birthday and it turns out he had Stage 4 colon cancer in 2023. That’s a 10% rate for five-year survival.

Oh wait, did I say had? The post made no suggestion that he was cancer-free, just that he underwent surgery, six months chemo, and is currently “focusing on holistic and natural treatments.” So he is likely terminal and getting fleeced by quacks. Going to be very sad/darkly funny if his wife is rendered destitute because he pissed away his money on lemon cleanses.

So yeah, 2024 may herald the End of Garrison. He was given a year to live without surgery, so I guess we’ll see. Curiously, the post said there is no site without his cartoons, which implies we won’t get a Tina Toons solo act. Or, maybe more fuel for the “Ben draws everything” or “There is no Tina” conspiracy theorists.

I’ll be glad when he’s gone but it’s still an awful way to go.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Alhazred posted:

Biden could and should make it a law that women should have the right to abortion. Women shouldn't depend on the whims of the supreme court. But he won't do that and women in the US won't have a right to decide over their own body regardless if Trump or Biden is president.

This is not how American government works at all. Not in theory or in practice.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Microplastics posted:

I somehow enjoyed the 100-tweet long deep dive into stonetoss' identity. Incredible doxxing effort.

Having read the politoons threads for way too long, nothing really new came up until around tweet number 80. Most of it was just explaining stonetoss and redpanels.

Also, half Puerto Rican white supremacist, lol.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Another Casualty of the Cashless Society

I suppose credit cards, venmo, or paypal can't be used to donate money to shelters, food banks, or housing initiatives...

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Oh. This chucklefuck https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Brent_Bozell_III

quote:

On December 22, 2011, Media Research Center president Bozell appeared on Fox News and suggested U.S. president Barack Obama looks like a "skinny ghetto crackhead"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vib Rib posted:

Biden sucks rear end but I'm wondering what the country "not surviving" looks like to Wright

More brown people showing up.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Discendo Vox posted:

What's this one even referring to?

blah blah blah Big Guy

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Bitter old man ranting about how kids these days want to work collaboratively to achieve goals.
God I'll be happy when he kicks off but I know it'll be a long time.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Alhazred posted:

I can blame O.J. for many things but "creating racism" is a bit much I think.

OJ created racism which was solved later but then Obama invented it again.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

There's not a category for "worst fake Cyrillic" but oh my word this is awful.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Literally just making fun of a speech impediment. I hope he gets hit by a car.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ben Garrison

No new ones since 1/4

1/4 American or 1/4 European?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I AM GRANDO posted:

I know it’s very common, but I’m always shocked when a non-white goes full white nationalist.

Hang on, we got something for that:

some Austrian jailbird posted:

In a few decades, for example, the entire east of Asia will possess a culture whose ultimate foundation will be Hellenic spirit and Germanic technology,
just as much as in Europe. Only the outward form — in part at least — will bear the features of Asiatic character. It is not true, as some people think, that Japan adds European technology to its culture; no, European science and technology are trimmed with Japanese characteristics. The foundation of actual life is no longer the special Japanese culture, although it determines the color of life — because outwardly, in consequence of its inner difference, it is more conspicuous to the European — but the gigantic scientific-technical achievements of Europe and America; that is, of Aryan peoples. Only on the basis of these achievements can the Orient follow general human progress. They furnish the basis of the struggle for daily bread, create weapons and implements for it, and only the outward form is gradually adapted to Japanese character.

See, as a Hellenic/Teutonic culture bearer, Tats has ascended to stand with the Aryan culture-founders against the Marxist-Jewish culture destroyers.

Bohemian corporal someone or other posted:

Now the Jew knows only too well that in his thousand years of adaptation he may have been able to undermine European peoples and train them to be raceless bastards, but that he would scarcely be in a position to subject an Asiatic national state like Japan to this fate. Today he may mimic the German and the Englishman, the American and Frenchman, but he lacks the bridges to the yellow Asiatic. And so he strives to break the Japanese national state with the strength of similar existing formations, in order to rid himself of the dangerous adversary before the last state power is transformed in his hand into a despotism over defenseless beings.

In his millennial Jewish empire he dreads a Japanese national state, and, therefore, desires its annihilation even before establishing his own dictatorship.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

VKing posted:

Oh, gently caress you, Branco. You'd cry bloody murder if they took money from the defence industry to give to the poor.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

fool of sound posted:

Has there been… any actual evidence of antisemitism at Columbia other than maybe some college kid yelling something ill advised at a Zionist counter protestor? It appears to be entirely invented from the ground up by near literal Zionist crisis actors talking about how in danger they are.

There are probably better ways to phrase this.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

the_steve posted:

Unless I'm reading it wrong, this is actually AGC.
Except the computer monitor that says they're making triple digits, because now I'm just picturing someone bragging about making literally hundreds of dollars thanks to insider trading.

That’s triple digit percentage returns.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

idonotlikepeas posted:

Carlos Latuff

It's good that those folks in the background worked out exactly where to stand to make their signs make sense.

Not pictured: sequel cartoon with Nixon and Trump high-fiving.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Chump Farts posted:

I don't get the right's boner for Israel. Aspirational model for a genocidal ethnostate? Hope in some rapture apocalypse? Just love seeing Muslim children get slaughtered?

All of the above. It's a broad coalition, everyone gets something!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vib Rib posted:

lol i wish

If Israel doesn’t maintain greater that a 500:1 k/d the country is no more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

the_steve posted:

Maybe I'm just dumb, but
Kellies Nomination: Least Comprehensible

She shot herself in the foot with her psychotic story about puppy murder and compounded it by saying her first act in office would be to murder another dog (she said she wanted to kill Biden's). Possible the only unambiguously good Garrison cartoon ever.