Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hi, yes, hello.

This is version something or other of r/relationships. Despite the name we also accept content from AITA, TIFU, Legal Advice, etc. Please nothing too obviously masturbatory, thanks.

So here are a few rules. This may be amended as time goes on so you may want to check back in here and there.

1) Don't touch the poop. I appreciate that this has never really been a problem here.

2) We all know slurs and bigoted language exist and they'll likely show up in some of the stories posted. That's not a reason to use them yourselves. Again, this is rarely an issue here.

3) No stories of obvious abuse. Sexual, physical, mental, emotional, etc. I get that this one can be tricky sometimes, so feel free to reach out to me if you're unsure. Basically ask yourself "Where's the entertainment value here?" That's not to say that there aren't stories where abuse is referenced, but it's more inspirational because it's someone that was able to get out and thrive. You know, that sort of thing.

4) Related to the above, please take a moment to take a look at the ages in stories and do some math. There's nothing funny about someone in their twenties grooming someone in their teens because now they're both adults.

5) Also related to the above, stories that are basically "I came home to find my boyfriend has poisoned my dog to save our relationship" aren't necessary. I'd like to keep the insane stories of animal cruelty out of this iteration of the thread. Please.
5a) Yes, even a loving fish.

6) Thread titles are usually derived from quotes within a story or comment, though there may be occasions where some lunacy in the thread will result in a title change. Feel free to post an idea for a title change in the thread or send me a PM. Reporting isn't necessary.

7) Reposts make me think it’s last Tuesday and I don’t like that. Unless it is in fact last Tuesday.

In general, please PM me or otherwise get in touch with another IK or mod or admin, or file a report, if you find anything particularly upsetting or triggering or offensive. I will do what I can to take care of the situation as soon as possible. This is a place to laugh at idiots and assholes, not feel like poo poo.

Previous thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982535

Google Doc with older stories: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13V5l29qMZTuXSOwYyfGnBO7yLsSV9FSA9YLerLHa8pM/edit

THREAD TITLES

due to our age gape

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for not inviting my eldest brother to my wedding.

I consider myself a good feminist...yet here I am

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Via Carolyn Hax.

Good clown credentials

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for inviting a clown to my wedding and putting him in the pictures?

Firstly, you guys are loving insane.

DreamingofRoses posted:

Wife (24F) Claims She Lost Feelings for Me (24M) Because of a Dumb Joke - PPD or Something Else?

No it's fine, you won. Now you can have your baby boy back full time

FMguru posted:

AITA for calling off my wedding and telling my fiancé to move back home with mommy?

It makes it sound worse when phrased like that.

Moon Slayer posted:

AITA for not inviting my mentally unstable cousin to my wedding

He is upset that his parents know he is a power bottom.

FMguru posted:

AITAH for leaving photographic evidence of my husband cheating somewhere his parents should not have looked?

woke up and chose violence huh

Troublemaker posted:

WIBTA for cancelling my brother’s wedding.

it sounds like I'm having sex with a parrot or malfunctioning robot

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

AITAH for leaving mid-sex because it was so bad?

RIP Big John

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Grey Cat posted:

I don't know who big john is.

Odd posted:

So I read this and yeah.

quote:

I [23f] created a 1:1 scale puppet version of my boyfriend [22m] and showed it to him during foreplay as a joke. Now he hasn’t texted me in 12 hours and I’m starting to get worried. How do I get him to text me back?

The title pretty much says it all, but here are some more details: my boyfriend of six months and I have had a pretty cut and dry relationship up to this point. I’ve always been what some people would call “quirky,” so pranks are sort of my bread and butter. He, John, has expressed that he really likes this part of me and I’m just happy to be with someone who can handle all of my zest, lol! Sometimes I worry that he doesn’t actually think I’m as funny as he says, but he always reassures me that this is not the case. One of the ways we really like to express our humor to each other is in the bedroom, for example I love to do impressions of mostly Disney characters (such as the “paperwork” lady from Monsters Inc, haha). He sometimes does them too, but he’s not that good at voices.

So here’s where I think I may have taken it too far: I recently bought a sewing machine to try and make cosplay costumes and stuff, but something dawned on me as I was messing around with it. This was the plan:

We oftentimes sexytimes with a habitual back rub massage sort of thing, and we switch off. And then we progress into french kissing and then full blown you know what. One very important fact to tell you is that John does in fact wear glasses, so I will usually make a point to take them off and put them on the table for safety. During this particular romp in the hay, I got a really funny idea about how to take his glasses off next time and I couldn’t stop laughing. He asked me what I was laughing at because he has some insecurity about his appearance, but I assured him that it was nothing like that. We had our fun and John went home, but all I could think about was this plan.

So the next day I went to the fabric store and bought a bunch of skin colored felt and wire framing and cotton and got to work creating a muppet-style version of my boyfriend to put his glasses on next time we started getting dirty style. Honestly, the thing was looking pretty good and I even found some clothes at Goodwill that were his style. I dressed the puppet in the clothes, hid them under my collection of squishmallows that’s in my room, and invited him over.

To spare you all the explicit details, we did start kissing and taking clothes off and stuff, but my hands were shaking as I reached up to grab his glasses. Instead of putting it on my nightstand I made a point to say something like “I’m just gonna put these riiiiight here” as I stretched over to the squishmallow that was covering the puppet boyfriend’s head and put the glasses right over his felt eyes. He got confused I think and looked back to where I put the glasses and sat up, as a felt version of his face (very easily identifiable by the way, John has red hair and a mustache, so the glasses on top left little question of who this could be). He was silent for a second then said “is that supposed to be me?” as I was laughing. I said something like “do you like it?” as I took it out of the squishmallow pile and revealed the entirety of muppet John.

“Oh did you make that?” he asked, and I stood it up off the bed and asked him to stand next to it. “See? It’s just like you basically!” I said, but he still wasn’t laughing that much. I think he saw that the muppet ended up being just a little bit taller than him (he’s 5’7 and probably insecure about that, the muppet ended up accidentally being a little taller than him, around 6’1 based on seeing them side by side).

I noticed his disappointment and did a tried and true disney impression to make him feel better. In my best Goofy impression I said “Well, looks like we should call him Big, John, Hyuck!” John just took the glasses off of Big John and let him fall to the floor, and put the glasses on the nightstand and sat on the bed for a while but we eventually went to Sin city but it was a lot more quiet than usual. He left after that, even though we were planning on having a sleepover, he said he wasn’t feeling good. I texted him goodnight and went to bed.

So here’s the ish: this morning I haven’t gotten any good morning text, or any texts at all from him, even though he always sends me a good morning text. I’m worried that Big John was a step too far and that normal john didn’t think the joke was as funny as I did. I feel like he’s just putting me in an uncomfortable position by not telling me how this made him really feel, even though I thought it was pretty funny… Is this salvageable or am I effed?

tl;dr : Created a life-sized puppet of my boyfriend to put his glasses on. But, I think it made him insecure, and now he wont text me.
Now you read it too.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Where's your sense of fun?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sometimes you just come home to find someone stick in the dryer.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, what happens on Thanksgiving?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They’re planning him a surprise party.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

mystes posted:

Also asking the son to not blast the horn for no reason does not exactly seem like an unreasonable request.

It's a tick. So she should tell them her tick is putting sugar in his gas tank.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Baronjutter posted:

I bet that idiot could win her over on the concept of dogs if he introduced her to some really nice dogs.

She told him when they met that it was a solid boundary and the decided to give it a go anyway. He's spent the last decade trying to force a dog on her to the point they had to see a marriage counselor which he then quit. He even tried to give her the one thing she said she never wants as a gift for her loving birthday.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

500excf type r posted:

If the wife was concerned about it, she would have mentioned it.

Why would she mention taking care of a dog that she doesn't want in the first place? That's like me talking about getting my oil changed when I never plan on owning a vehicle.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Surprise, we all banded together to get you a car! It hasn't had any preventive maintenance and it's been in multiple accidents, but we know you're gonna love having it around. Well, have fun!

Goddamnit crab

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Shanghaied posted:

More terrible names!

AITA My mom wants to name my brother Zaza and it’s loving me up inside

This one I don't even care about the story, posting it solely for the terrible names.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Captain Fargle posted:

Goddamnit. I keep getting mixed up by Corky's av not being Shrek anymore.

So do I.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And it’s cold.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If I remember the nursery rhyme correctly she’s cheating on him with Donald.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Either that or she’s just loving Goofy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don’t see a headband you lying sack of poo poo. Or a bow.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But what if you wanted bears all along?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Captain Yossarian posted:

My favorite thing about fruit trees and fruit rotting on the ground is the thousands and thousands of bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets and various biting flies they attract. Big fan

That's why you pick the fruit up and give it to your friends and neighbors.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AnoHito posted:

As much as every New Yorker likes to imagine otherwise, New Jersey is not just Newark extended to the size of a state.

Yeah, there's also Atlantic City and the Turnpike.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Usually you'd get in trouble for being in possession of a human skull but this one's been grandfathered in.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s already been changed you oaf.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
This was a chiropractor a few blocks from me on March 16th, 2020.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

mystes posted:

I consider myself a good feminist but isn't it a woman's job to...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
r/relationships: I consider myself a good feminist…yet here I am

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m starting to feel like it’s Tuesday for some reason.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh yeah, that guy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Good morning Debbie. How are Angelo and the kids? Anyway, before you ask, my polyps have prevented me from taking a decent poo poo since Labor Day.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If I remember my stereotypes just talk about how your wife is always cuffing her jeans.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

While looking for an unrelated post I came across this, not sure if it was posted before but I couldn't see it in a google search

AITA for customising my burger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtqpuYvOfHY

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But what if he just really doesn’t want to be a father? Has anyone asked how he feels about the situation?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I told them to keep it out of the garden, they’re obviously mocking me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Usually the argument for having in-laws around is that they’re handy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

JacquelineDempsey posted:

The sister wants her to pay for some "cleaning"? Just how bad was this diarrhea??

Projectile

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm stuck on the term "bonus diarrhea"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've been married twice and I can't remember the last time I looked at any of the pictures.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Please don’t link to Nazi social media sites in here, thank you. Take a screenshot or transcribe it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
In New York City you can be fined and even arrested for anything that disrupts a live Broadway performance.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hughlander posted:

Other than vaping and giving your boyfriend a handy you mean…

That was in Colorado but thanks for playing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DreamingofRoses posted:

AITAH for suspecting my wife of infidelity because she said that for her cheating is not the worst thing that could happen in a relationship?

This thread has done things to me because I got excited just reading the title and the story did not disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

My Spirit Otter posted:

im stuck on the freckle post. im as pale as copy paper and freckle up like a sonnuva bitch, i was never made fun of for having freckles, only about about having the ability to make ghosts jealous.

do people actually get made fun of for having freckles??

Lindsay Lohan was pressured to tan the freckles away in addition to dying her hair when she was in her teens and twenties.