Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The super manga continues to be good. I'm really looking forward to learning more about Merus.

Let Piccolo have his proud dad moment.

multijoe posted:

Welcome back, Clothes Beam

I know it's stupid for me to expect this, but Piccolo's powers often leaning into the more biological or magical (like the clothesbeam) made me hope that he'd be more useful against Moro. :(
That's the only thing that annoys me about the Super manga I guess. Everyone is falling so far behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Manga spoilers. Vegeta powered up a lot on Yardrat, apparently his spirit is "sharper" than Goku's. Though, the Yardrat could mean compared to the Goku of years earlier. Vegeta seems uninterested in learning Instant Transmission, so we're still no closer to knowing what the hell the Yardrats are going to teach him. I wonder if any of it will really matter or if Goku with his Ultra Instinct is going to save the day again anyway.

There's a lot to like here for me.
I love them further highlighting the difference between Goku and Vegeta.
I love them skipping 2 months of training
I love the Zarbon species guy showing up :)
I look forward try to what Vegeta has learned.
Sad about Merus leaving though. I liked him using conventional stuff and being smart to keep up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Burkion posted:

"With that amount of power, you could defeat Zeno"

Sure whatever you say buddy

Whatever happened to Cooler anyways

I just wanted Jiren to remain this mostly invincible mortal :(

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Spirit Bomb still takes forever to actually do, of course.

And always fails.

I think King Kai wasn't a very good teacher.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I like to think that the upgrade Vegeta is currently getting in Super is a sort of throwback to Dragonball/DBZ.
Back then Vegeta couldn't sense Ki and Raditz was surprised at how Piccolo and Goku were raising the power of their blasts far above their actual power level.
The way he trained was always wrong and his spirit doesn't wasn't properly tempered like the Earth warriors. He's catching up now thanks to Yardrat.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

Isn't there some anime filler where the moon that turns Gohan into a great ape is a projection from Goku's old Saiyan pod?

Yes. So when did Piccolo not really destroy the moon? :psyduck:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kamehamehonk!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Veotax posted:

I'm kind of in love with the utterly inane comments the characters say while flying past landmarks, especially Piccolo.

"That's a steel bridge, isn't it?"
"That's a well made bridge"
"Look at those windmills!"
"That's a big tree"

Piccolo is like the second youngest zwarrior give him a break. 😂

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

This Manga is way better than it has any right to.
OH wait, Yamcha is kicking rear end? They jumped the :same:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Here's the top five from the Buu saga popularity poll

Goten and Trunks also scored top ten in the 2005 Dragon Ball Forever poll (though it should be pointed out neither of these polls differentiated between present or Future Trunks)

For someone as popular as Piccolo he sure is low on the power scale. I suppose I at least have to appreciate his lack of popularity power up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

It is Dragon Ball dude.

Super Buu had an attack called "Human Extinction Attack". I think it used to be called Genocide barrage.

It didn't live up to its name though

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Black August posted:

It's incredible to realize that Gero created successful infinite-energy post-humans with nanomachines, combination Raiden+Armstrongs, still able to improve like humans but never able to tire

and now one of them has had a kid with the World's Strongest Not-Post-Human

Marron is essentially the future and will one day down the line mingle with Saiyan blood in lineage, meaning earth will eventually be Human+Saiyan+Android with some divinity thrown in there from Bulla

Fast forward a 1000 years and humans are going to be loving next level

Unfortunately, infinite energy apparently isn't that special. The new Seven Eleven Android also has it and he came from space.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Alan_Shore posted:

I remember watching DBZ when it first came out and was convinced that Raditz's WATCH THE BIRDIE was the name of a devastating attack that we never got to see

I was certain that I saw that attack names on the wiki as well, but I can't find it. Did I dream that

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

multijoe posted:

Here you go. The Dragon Ball Wiki is always removing & updating attack names based on whatever Heroes or Xenoverse decides to pull out their arses so it can be hard to keep up with what alot of characters moves are 'actually' called

I'm not crazy! :woop:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Half of Dracula posted:

:wrong: Super Saiyan God is supposed to slim you down, not bulk you up

:wrong: This is probably the Legendary Super Saiyan Rage God form.

ImpAtom posted:

I admit I love the absolute hell out of evil bastard Frieza.

Also if you ever need a visual indication of how popular Super/Dragonball as a whole is...

https://twitter.com/michsuzu/status/1222828482931019777?s=20
DB has survived pretty long then. How the hell is Gundam still so big? I thought Mecha anime/mange were pretty dead at the moment.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Speaking of TFS and RWBY, I don't care about TFS and RWBY.

Here's Ozaru Vegeta, bitches:

I'm skipping this guy, but give me an Ozaru Goku/Gohan and I'll bite.

Ozaru Gohan with Vegeta stuck to his rear end

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think we need more Gokus.

Goku with a halo please

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Jan is kind of boring outside his teleporting gimmick which doesn’t exactly translate to a game great

Yeah, the movie stick with me for a few things.
1: Janemba cubeport
2: Gogeta's stadust breaker
3: Pikon cursing at Janemba causing his face to break

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Some storyboards got revealed for the upcoming manga chapter: https://imgur.com/a/eExu1i4

Looks fantastic. :allears: Super manga is good.

Happy to see that the Destructo Disc continues being the most deadly useless move in the series.:allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheHan posted:

Pikkon has plenty drip but I always found his actual body structure boring. Even a nose would spice it up.

He's piccolo without antenna and a nose. :shrug: He's pretty boring

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I love that they all pose.

New chapter was great. :) I somehow didn't expect Goku to show up already.
Does that mean that Vegeta will actually get to save the day?
It'd be super funny if he shows up and Goku already c leaned up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Chaotzu can't be giving Tien any poo poo about his ability to insult. Chaotzu needed 3 tries before he found something that stuck.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Vegeta will have a dramatic, if contrived, moment of realization about what a dick he used to be just before he gets bodied/heroically sacrificed.

And then Goku will save the day.

That's the most likely out come, but with Vegeta being last there it does open up for a change. :pray:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Half of Dracula posted:

Could goku defeat Aizen's Chair

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

He's married to King Cold?

Horrible Taste posted:

IIRC the Jaco manga revealed that the Galatic Patrolmen carry around extinction bombs that contain a virus that when released kills everything on a planet (Jaco once used one on accident and wiped out a species he was supposed to protect), in an interview Toriyama said that the bombs don't work on Saiyans which is why the Galactic Patrol only tries to fight Saiyan children. So Saiyans probably have a pretty hefty immune system.
That's hilarious

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Goku saving Yamcha from jobbing. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm not even clear in how ui is going to stop Moro from snacking on Goku energy

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So why couldn't Piccolo sense Goku? Didn't he have the ability to sense God energy thanks to Kami?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Black August posted:

It's not about the money. It's about the power, the control, the veneer of civility over genocidal psychopathy. It's about the thrill of loving the weak over, controlling and inconveniencing their lives. Where's the fun if you just nuke everyone? Hurt them with a battle of REAL Power Levels - their bank account number.

So..capitalism?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

We're talking about the same arc, right?

Did they accidentally past the manga frames together?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

New chapter is out https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006597

In a week with no manga, it's greatly appreciated. About the chapter itself, I like that Goku is still unable to keep Sign up for long, it at least doesn't make him near-invincible. He can't use the full UI at will as expected. That said, I still feel the manga doesn't do a great job showing UI. Even beyond the limits of a static image, the idea of UI -Sign- is that it's near-perfect at defense, evading everything with insane reaction times thanks to the user's entire body acting on its own. That isn't shown here, that got heavily nerfed to just "is really fast" which is extremely underwhelming in Dragon Ball. The art keeps showing this badly too, with Goku's moves showing far more effort than they really should, although he still looks a lot better now than he did during the manga's Tournament of Power.

The fact that UI does nothing against Moro's main thing beyond maybe letting him dodge something that seemed completely undodgeable before is kind of weird too, but I get that Vegeta will have the answer to this problem and as a Vegeta fan I am cool with that. But manga UI keeps being kind of terribly underwhelming and just feels like another transformation unlike the mystical, completely unique thing it was in the anime.

:agreed: for the most part.

the whole dodging the drain is retarded and doesn't make sense. We literally saw him drain Vegeta, Goku and the planet New Namek at the same time. Multiple times even without pointing or doing anything at all.
They should've just said that it doesn't work because ui is a divine technique.

Still, despite that though I'm enjoying this fight.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

every thing he does has iframes!

He keeps dodgerolling!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ParadeRainer posted:

I know I'm in the minority but I like super buff, martial art god, Grey Alien Jiren :colbert:

There's 2 of us!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A bit ironic given Kefla strikes me as a case where the fusion and their components probably wouldn't at all mind being perma-fused, being totally the Dragon Ball version of Garnet.

Still funny that the core conceit of the arc relies on how the setting has two different forms of time travel that obey consistent, but completely different rules.

I still think it's hilarious how the Surpreme Kai freaked out at Bulma casually talking about the time machine. These gods really aren't very good at their job.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

The only thing holding Sailor Moon back is how she acts when she's not Sailor Moon.

Well neither does Goku

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Chapter was good.
Also fun to see Goku use the always useless barrage move

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So when was it ever stated that using UI automatically means you're using God ki?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I had the wildest thought to beat Moro. What are the odds of Goku telling Vegeta to get on his shoulders? Goku will auto dodge everything Moro has, while Vegeta attacks.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

He did not do that. He just set his computer to auto gather good materials for Cell.

Come on man, just leave him in the impression that Gero is back at home twiddling his joystick as he carefully maneuvers the bug close enough to harvest.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dude spoilers! I figured Vegeta just learned how to play SSJ Go and wanted to challenge Moro. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I dunno, I feel like Beerus is kinda of easing into "serious figure that became a joke" the more each arc goes on.

At the very least, him being able to Hakai people gives him some menace, but he's typically just kinda around to get yelled at by Bulma lately.

Well he is cat based...