Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

zen death robot posted:

How many places still don't use touchscreen ballots?

In FL yesterday I filled out a paper ballot in pen then fed it through a scanner

A whole big piece of paper for three bubbles with names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

triple sulk posted:

haha holy poo poo suck it bernouts

triple sulk posted:

suck

it

bernouts

triple sulk posted:

lol suck it bernouts

triple sulk posted:

SUCK IT BERNOUTS

triple sulk posted:

suck it bernouts

triple sulk posted:

suck it bernouts

triple sulk posted:

pls give me the bernout meltdowns tia

If you came for a meltdown I have good news; you found one.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

Christ I just assumed they were everywhere by now, I can't remember if it was 2008 or 2010 when they came out here but they've had them ever since at my polling place. Theres a huge confirmation screen and a reciept printed out in a window as a backup too.

Most places stick with what works. They don't forcibly change voting mechanisms until, like their mule carts or their dirt hauling trucks, they break down

also gonna guess those things require $$$ and they aren't just handed out from the Good Free Voting Machine Co.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

logikv9 posted:

but if bernie just clenches landslide wins between now and the convention...

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
nvm

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 15:11 on Mar 16, 2016

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Salt Fish posted:

:lol: holy poo poo funny things can still be found in this thread sometimes :D

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Montasque posted:

Jeff Roe, Ted Cruz's campaign manager and known as the most evil man in Missouri politics, has just lost his home state the worst way possible.

This is good.

Anti-semitism doesn't win.

gently caress you, Jeff. Votes came in, and gently caress you.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

white male millenials are learning for the first time that you don't always get everything you want exactly the way you want it and it's breaking their brains

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Uhh, so the official MO results this morning indicate that Cruz actually won three districts instead of one?

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/710101811625988096

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Salt Fish posted:

I ended up adding them to ignore, mostly because the gimmick is dumb.

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 15:39 on Mar 16, 2016

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Mods please change my name to the The Gimmick Dumb.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

white male millenials are learning for the first time that you don't always get everything you want exactly the way you want it and it's breaking their brains

It's a thing of beauty.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Salt Fish posted:

that guy makes really bad posts in the soccerball forum, as well. cheers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Homeless Friend posted:

It's a thing of beauty.

"I can't get everything I want so gently caress it, nobody deserves anything at all" is kind of why our democracy is failing too

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Al! posted:

Nah they've already learned it in one area: dating and they lost their goddamned minds over it. Thats why you see them dehumanizing women by calling them females, being redpillers, getting mad that a woman had sex with not-them, "nice guys", etc.

Basically they're spoiled children.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eh, they're just super mad right now, they'll get over it, especially once Bernie endorses Hillary and they start paying attention to what Trump is saying.

Jhanez
Feb 27, 2007

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

Al! posted:

"I can't get everything I want so gently caress it, nobody deserves anything at all" is kind of why our democracy is failing too

I don't think that's why.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

axeil posted:

Nah they've already learned it in one area: dating and they lost their goddamned minds over it. Thats why you see them dehumanizing women by calling them females, being redpillers, getting mad that a woman had sex with not-them, "nice guys", etc.

Basically they're spoiled children.

ugh and their MUSIC and VIDEO GAMES

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jhanez posted:

For the last 8 years you've had to drag congress around the floor like a screaming toddler to get anything accomplished

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Slate Action posted:

Uhh, so the official MO results this morning indicate that Cruz actually won three districts instead of one?

Trump has a lot of room to overperform his targets now. There's plenty of states where he can get 11 delegates instead of 9 and make up tonight, but we're heading towards trump getting like 1190-1210 delegates and I loving love it. :getin:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jhanez posted:

counterpoint: budget cliffs & sequester

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Ummmmmmm, it looks like there are two conflicting sets of MO numbers?

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/710106581036179456

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Slate Action posted:

Ummmmmmm, it looks like there are two conflicting sets of MO numbers?

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/710106581036179456

Missouri is getting a recount [not officially, but I can't imagine it not happening with how close the numbers are]. We won't know the actual delegate totals for another couple of weeks probably, but I expect it to be ~37 for Trump and 15 for Cruz. If Trump holds the 42/12 in the recount it will be a big win.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Slate Action posted:

so we're definitely getting a recount then. those margins are razor thin.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mike12345 posted:

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

This is fake btw.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Schnorkles posted:

Missouri is getting a recount [not officially, but I can't imagine it not happening with how close the numbers are]. We won't know the actual delegate totals for another couple of weeks probably, but I expect it to be ~37 for Trump and 15 for Cruz. If Trump holds the 42/12 in the recount it will be a big win.

They're really going to fight trump all the way to the end regardless of the damage it does to the party huh?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 15:33 on Mar 16, 2016

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

zoux posted:

This is fake btw.

man all my quotes turn out to be bullshit this week, wtf.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Al! posted:

They're really going to fight trump all the way to the end regardless of the damage it does to the party huh?

Eyeballing Trump's 538 nomination, I think he's got some extra delegates in some of the contests based on how Missouri shook out tonight. Trump needs to win the remaining WTA states and maybe hit the WTA trigger in NY, but he can actually lose most if not all of the remaining states not in the NE and still be in a good position. Trump hitting 36% in Ohio, which was his worst state and significantly above his 34.1% average earlier in the race is a good sign that his support is increasing, not decreasing. I think you can add Missouri and Florida to this thinking as well. Missouri isn't as friendly to trump as Appalachia and the south, Trump still secured 40+. In Florida he won every county except for Miami-Dade, which includes wealthy suburban areas. His coalition looks a lot stronger after last night, not weaker.

There's lots of states like Utah where he "needs" 9 delegates, but could easily get 11. I wouldn't bet against him getting the nom. right now, but there's a drat good chance he ends at like 1215 or something like that and the five delegates at stake in Missouri in one of the CDs could swing the nom.

Schnorkles has issued a correction as of 15:35 on Mar 16, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I understand that it isn't quite clinched for trump but the only thing worse for the party than a trump candidacy is a trump free agency

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
looking closer at 538's delegate pace tracker, even if trump gets 100% of MO's delegates he's still going to be behind the pace he needs for 1237. he's at 91% right now and needs 719 to hit his pace target. he's at 652 right now and MO only has 52 delegates. 100% would only give him 704. chaos may reign after all.

axeil has issued a correction as of 15:38 on Mar 16, 2016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

axeil posted:

looking closer at 538's delegate pace tracker, even if trump gets 100% of MO's delegates he's still going to be behind the pace he needs for 1237. chaos may reign after all.

Trump has got a looootttt of room to overperform in the rest of the race. I still think he wins the nom outright.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

mike12345 posted:

man all my quotes turn out to be bullshit this week, wtf.

tbf that reads like something George Wallace would have said about "those people" in 1968

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ScrubLeague posted:

tbf that reads like something George Wallace would have said about "those people" in 1968

It's supposed to be Socrates criticizing the younger generation so we can say "it has ever been thus". It's actually a parody from the late 19th century.

People have been complaining about the younger generation forever though.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Jhanez
Feb 27, 2007

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

Al! posted:

For the last 8 years you've had to drag congress around the floor like a screaming toddler to get anything accomplished

Yes, that's true. Do you think it's accurate and useful to frame this as a sudden and devastating lack of procedural collegiality? That one day congresspeople just woke up and decided that they were no longer willing to compromise? It seems far more plausible to me that they and their constituencies have actually and fundamentally different values that they perceive of as being under threat, because people act ways for reasons, and a sudden attack of the no-get-alongsies doesn't make any sense at all.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

zen death robot posted:

Christ I just assumed they were everywhere by now, I can't remember if it was 2008 or 2010 when they came out here but they've had them ever since at my polling place. Theres a huge confirmation screen and a reciept printed out in a window as a backup too.

used paper ballots in NC, which was strange since I used electronic the past couple elections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Jhanez posted:

Yes, that's true. Do you think it's accurate and useful to frame this as a sudden and devastating lack of procedural collegiality? That one day congresspeople just woke up and decided that they were no longer willing to compromise? It seems far more plausible to me that they and their constituencies have actually and fundamentally different values that they perceive of as being under threat, because people act ways for reasons, and a sudden attack of the no-get-alongsies doesn't make any sense at all.

this is the part where someone says "black president" and you go "ohhhhhhh"

• Locked thread