Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

funmanguy posted:

Horse puns are always funny

They get the paardy started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

i.... didnt know.

thanks!

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Inescapable Duck posted:

I ate a bowl of shredded wheat for breakfast.

Without any milk.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM BREAKFAST CEREAL INTO MY SLOT. IT’S SHREDDED WHEAT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH MY TEETH. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME CHEWY BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS BREAKFAST. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

"Goggles Lady," I said huskily, my fingers working into the folds of her crisp lab coat, "feed me the floor mat from your 1977 Pontiac Trans-Am."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kid sinister posted:

They're talking about polyurethane caulk. It's different than silicone caulk. The difference is mostly in how much it can stretch and how well it will bond. Just like painting, good caulk results is all about prep work. Wash out those cracks. You want the caulk to stick to the concrete, not to the dust and loose concrete on the sides of the crack.

There's other differences between caulk types too. The big one is how easy they are to clean up. One more is that some don't stick well to certain surfaces. Another one is that paint won't stick to some, like the majority of silicone caulks.

another thing about caulks! Caulk very much has a shelf life! Once you open a tube, the clock is ticking. Now it is a very long life (months), but it is still finite. You don't want to pull out a tube like 2 whole years after you used it last and put down a new line of it, only to discover that it won't cure and you have to clean it out of that crack all by hand.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Pro-tip. If you do this with a full tube of black silicone and cut the tube open to see what it looks like and your mother in law comes over at that exact moment to see you studiously examining a 13" length of floppy black rubber you'll have some great questions to answer.

Sadly this was in one of the serious forums, so people couldn't make humorous pun posts congratulating the first guy on his extensive knowledge of caulk. Sad.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

Oh Stallone is a jerkbag but it's completely hilarious. I was listening in on a call he was making to my boss doing the campaign for Bullet to the Head. He STARTS the conversation rattling off more gems than I could even process in the first 30 seconds.

"Ay oh Chris yo this is SLY yo listen gotta talk fast this goddam ducati is so fuckin loud I'm gonna get my money back ay listen you gotta change the poster ya know that asian guy whatever his name is he shouldn't be one it he should like, ya know, be in front of a LAUNDRY or something ha hey you my face you also gotta fix my face yo. It looks like Madonna's snatch."

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

naem posted:

This is true unfortunately, it makes old fashioned getting-to-know-each-other near impossible

You have to near instantly do-it (because otherwise someone else will) and then keep her attention for a period of time/more do-it dates, while you decide "is this my life partner y/n" as she does the same, one of you decides "no," then scramble around getting rejected a lot, rinse/repeat

Eventually (hopefully) two well intentioned exhausted people cling miserably to each other huddled in the dark

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It's not an educational visa, dummy, it's a program to foster international camaraderie by sponsoring lucrative drinking holidays. If you can't see the upside in spending a few months working a highly-paid poo poo job with your buddies then maybe you should have tried using your twenties to travel somewhere other than Azeroth.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Regarding the whole NeoGaf thing:

MMF Freeway posted:

[...] there's an announcement post specifically telling them not to come here.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Like those guys ever took "No" for an answer

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If I can't wrap the labia around me like a cocoon, you might as well just keep walking. My dream of being a Vaggerfly will someday come true.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kay Kessler posted:

Regarding the whole NeoGaf thing:

The what?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tiggum posted:

The what?

Noted stupid video game forum NeoGaf imploded because the founder turned out to be a rapist, which went against the generally "woke" tone of the site.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Noted stupid video game forum NeoGaf imploded because the founder turned out to be a rapist, which went against the generally "woke" tone of the site.

It's slightly more complicated than that. Namely, you left out the whole pile of people defending rape, because :females:.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Flags are maps, maps are flags.

Peanut President posted:

Way to forget Wyoming

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neito posted:

It's slightly more complicated than that. Namely, you left out the whole pile of people defending rape, because :females:.

A few people going 'It's not a big deal, we've all done worse' as well.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Let he who has not raped cast the first stone.

Update: please stop throwing rocks at my house

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

fruit on the bottom posted:

Let he who has not raped cast the first stone.

Update: please stop throwing rocks at my house

I think by way of logic, if I stop throwing rocks at your house I'd be admitting I have raped someone.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

toanoradian posted:

I think by way of logic, if I stop throwing rocks at your house I'd be admitting I have raped someone.

If you throw rocks after the first guy, you are also implicitly a rapist.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Oh poo poo, that'd mean both throwing and not throwing rocks after the first person did it would imply that I have sexually assaulted someone.

If I throw the rock at the First Person, killing the First Person, will I be freed of this horrible future of me-being-a-rapist-by-way-of-rocks?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Circular stoning squad, take aim

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Look all you have to do is be quick about it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Star formation. When you're a star, they let you do it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
(The stone is bi)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dabir posted:

Welcome to the Democratic Party.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dabir posted:

Oooooh, like in That 70's Show.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

At first I was too afraid to throw rocks but then I got a little boulder.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

TBH that's hardly an impressive jump. Barely a stone's throw, even.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

you guys can't resist the urge to jump into a pun derail and start schistposting

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dissing our puns but then making a pun like yours takes some real stones, buddy.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Goons trying to resist the urge to join in pun derails inevitably find themselves between a rock and a hard place.

Pastry of the Year posted:

you guys can't resist the urge to jump into a pun derail and start schistposting
That's not very gneiss, bud.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
These rock puns were good but it's time to clear the slate

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Grassy Knowles posted:

These rock puns were good but it's time to clear the slate

I norite?

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

KillerJunglist posted:

*Yakkity Sax plays at half speed in a minor key*

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Chitin posted:

KillerJunglist posted:

*Yakkity Sax plays at half speed in a minor key*

This rocks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I remember that time there was a no puns rule. Why can't that be a thing again?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Len posted:

So you want something set in stone?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Len posted:

Its always like 2-3 funny posts and then 10-15 goons saying ME TOO ME TOO

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Len posted:

It's basically a function of what pisses mods off more: the puns, or moderating the reports generated by the puns.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

Try to find Superman on this poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Len posted:

That got removed because everyone agreed it was far too punishing.