Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's Riker. There was a long running fan joke that the "Riker Maneuver" was the way he often sat down. The actual reason for this was that the actor had a back injury or sciatica or something, and lifting his leg over the back of the chair was a less painful way for him to sit down. As seen here:

As you can imagine, a chair with flames where his junk goes would be threatening to Riker, so he runs away.

Aw man I didnt know it was because of an injury :smith: I feel bad for laughing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Martin Sheen has a similar thing.

He has limited range of motion in his left arm, so he puts on jackets in an unusual way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOhDvz7ETC8

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I'm not sure which is more impressive, the wheelie, or the burn.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's Riker. There was a long running fan joke that the "Riker Maneuver" was the way he often sat down. The actual reason for this was that the actor had a back injury or sciatica or something, and lifting his leg over the back of the chair was a less painful way for him to sit down. As seen here:

Also he's just really tall and everything on the Enterprise is short so he just kinda steps over it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Outrail posted:

Can you explain this for the non trekie/furniture candle enthusiasts?

Splicer posted:

Attempting the chair sitting maneuver he is well known for would set his genitals on fire. Many people do not like having their genitals set on fire due to the associated pain and injury. The joke presumes Riker/Frakes also does not want to have his genitals set on fire. The gif shows Riker/Frakes running away. In context, it is implied he is running away from the chair. It is implied he is running away because he is scared that should he swing his legs over the chair he will be injured as described above. The humour comes from the piecing together of disparate pieces of information and cultural references to reach an unexpected conclusion and is enhanced by the exaggerated nature of the depicted response.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

i dont get it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's a bad chair to sit on.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Paladinus posted:

It's a bad chair to sit on.

No way, man. That chair is lit!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Phil Moscowitz posted:

It’s all so funny but I laugh out loud every time at this part

Also the pyromania

"A civilian five and an intel twelve" always gets me, every single time.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

this derail is really burning my nuts

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Didn't the future military wife that post was written at return a few years later to confirm that it all came true just as had been foreseen?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

barbecue at the folks posted:

Didn't the future military wife that post was written at return a few years later to confirm that it all came true just as had been foreseen?

I have heard that she did, but never seen the post/s. I would KILL to see it/them if it/they really exist. SOMEbody must have it/them somewhere.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

barbecue at the folks posted:

Franklin was only mostly right. To wit, he should have said 'Death, Taxes, and Military Wives'

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

"A civilian five and an intel twelve" always gets me, every single time.

It’s just something about that being such an intense burn from something so low key, like the guy’s real proud of going to Iowa State or Central Michigan or whatever.

The whole thing is so funny.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

legend says that GameQuoter will return in our hour of greatest need

Just wanted to hold up a lighter for ol' GameQuoter and the enjoyment he brought us

Tales tell of him sleeping in a hidden vault, surrounded by petabyte drives containing the most applicable screenshots and sickest burns in equal measure

Someday when the world needs them most, a legendary poster shall rise..again

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Slippery posted:

Just wanted to hold up a lighter for ol' GameQuoter and the enjoyment he brought us

Tales tell of him sleeping in a hidden vault, surrounded by petabyte drives containing the most applicable screenshots and sickest burns in equal measure

Someday when the world needs them most, a legendary poster shall rise..again

Turok Makto?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DandyLion posted:

Turok Makato?

Such a wonderful phrase

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Turok Makato?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Turok Makato?

Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries.

Ape Has Killed Ape has a new favorite as of 00:36 on Jan 21, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I have heard that she did, but never seen the post/s. I would KILL to see it/them if it/they really exist. SOMEbody must have it/them somewhere.

Check out the "let's talk about idiots!" threads in GiP. I think the confirmation was quoted there at some point.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Bloop posted:

You do not need to explain
on the Something Awful internet forums
why you know a thing about Pokemon
with an excuse about actual children

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Doc Hawkins posted:

Check out the "let's talk about idiots!" threads in GiP. I think the confirmation was quoted there at some point.

The current one, or the Goldmined one?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Groggy nard posted:

Catfish taste terrible, I am constantly confounded that anyone would want to eat one for anything other than revenge.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well there's you're problem, you're eating it served cold

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Elviscat posted:

He isn't running after the other crew member, he's observing an anomalous/dangerous situation unfolding onboard the Enterprise, that requires a rapid retirement from the area, as the ship's Executive Officer Riker is the second-highest ranking member of the crew after the Captain, and often in charge of on-scene damage control, because of his position he likely feels morally and ethically obligated to ensure the safety of the crewmember in yellow (a junior engineering rating) so he's warning the crewmember of the dangerous/anomalous situation developing behind them, which the junior person had not yet observed, and encouraging them to flee as well. A more junior officer might not feel the same obligation, and might ignore his fellow crewmember or say something like "don't worry about why I'm running away, everything is normal.

Obviously the anomalous/dangerous situation is implied to be the chair that poses a unique risk to Riker's genitals, therefore it's even funnier that he would importune another crew member to flee with him, when the chair presumably poses no risk to said crewmember's genitalia.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

wizzardstaff posted:

Sounds like it was really an anti-T shirt.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The current one, or the Goldmined one?

I said "threads" because i am too much of an idiot to be sure where i saw it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Anybody want tips from goons in 2005 to masturbate without attracting droves of ants marching into your bathtub to harvest and spread your seed like the problem the OP has? I got you covered with some funny forums quotes™!

BigHonky posted:

About 6 months ago I discovered that the most sanitary way for me to wank off was to just go and do it in the bathtub. Every 3-4th time I would just rinse it all out. no muss, no fuss

This went on fine for a few months, but then we started ahving problems with ants in the apartment. you would see those little fuckers all over the kitchen, crawling in and out of pizza boxes, microwave food boxes and the like

Then sure enough, they worked their way into my bathtub. The first time i was them, I couldnt figure out why they were all crowded around one little area, then upon further inspection, it seems that they were nibbling on my sperm

This really bothered me for a number of reasons:

1. The whole OMG ants are eating my seed
2. They might get hungry for more if i stop and then they might know my scent and bum rush me when I am taking a poop or something
3. just the whole moral thing, for instance I ahd a dream that they were growing little tiny bighonkys down there and using them as slaves, and since I am a fahter this really bugged me

any advice on getting them to stop would be appreciated

niblet19 posted:

Do it out the window. Of course, then you'll have seagulls hovering around trying to grab it on the fly.

Or get a bucket with a lid, and when you finally fill it you can do some surprise bukakke pranks.

EDIT: wait, is this your real bathroom or the Barbie's Dream House bathroom?

PopeCrunch posted:

Does nobody else know the pinch trick?? Look, shitheads, this is how it's done. WHen you're about to let loose, pinch your urethra shut. You don't need to pinch very hard, just enough to close off the tube running on the underside of your pecker. When the spasms have ceased, walk to the flush and unpinch, it drops into the toilet, you flush, wash your hands, done. No fuss, no muss, and if you don't use lube, you don't have to do more than wash your hands.

God drat you people are disgusting. Do you just let it blast all over the place and attempt to mop up with tissues? Your bellybuttons collect that poo poo, you know. They must smell divine

Old Jeff posted:

The problem with this and the toilet+flush method is this: just because you can't see the spooge doesn't mean it isn't there. Either one of these methods results in baby alligators/ninja turtles/baby ninja 'gators that look like BigHonky...
Actually, that might be kind of cool.

Stinky FuckFace posted:

you should probabably just eat it yourself first

before they get their grubby antennae on it

loving ants

Afronaut posted:

Finkie for the win. Goddamn you I had a vision of 3 or 4 chicks lined up on their knees in front of his tub like swine at a trough. I promptly gigglesnorted. Then was ashamed as my slow brain caught up to your drift.

Hey dirty spoogemaker! Knock that poo poo off. Not only is it weird and deviant, but God won't allow you into his kingdom when you die! Save yourself! Stop Wanking it!

Seriously guy. What are you doing? Do you just bring your laptop to the head and wank there or are you running down the hall with a hardon to blow it in the tub? The concept of you standing in a shower with your pants around your ankles is just not cutting it in this scenario.

Pancho posted:

just clean your loving bathtub so you don't have to show anonymous people on the internet your goddamn semen you disgusting piece of poo poo

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
New R/realtionships thread has a new-ish rule

Pirate Radar posted:

Posters: Everything was fine with the thread until the posting grid was shut off by pickless here!

Mayor: Is this true?

Posters: Yes, it’s true. This thread has no Pick.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Anora posted:

Hillary is kinda like the confederate flag of the dems. It's a giant sign of their loss, but they love waving it around to show off unpopular opinions.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

A Very Sexy Baby posted:

Klingon TV is full of ads for class-action blood feuds.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

cuntman.net posted:

star wars obviously. now if you asked who would win in a trek now thats a different story

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

General Dog posted:

I'm lecturing a bunch of 4th graders on the books of the bible tonight, wish me luck (at church where their parents have brought them, not in a place where I've personally rounded them up)

General Dog posted:

Oof, the fourth graders were a tough crowd tonight

swickles posted:

God for you on not shying away from an intellectual punch up attempt.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

90s Cringe Rock posted:

practicing tactical entries from the kitchen to the common living area

"just to be clear I know that making and possessing dmt, which I am attempting to do, is a felony"

holding the rifle while making imaginary gunshot noises

my murdering secrets

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

they should've probably stuck to tactically maneuvering hot pockets from the microwave to the couch

preparing INFIL to the LZ! *takes a bite*

:munch:

90s Cringe Rock posted:

AH FUCKIN ANTIFA MADE IT TOO HOT

Azathoth posted:

*burns mouth, screams for evac*

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Black August posted:

pale graying creatures of incredible gravity watch on as level 3 armsmaster enacts displeasure on the unruly geometry

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

do note that the first post is quoting, verbatim, an indictment against some neo-nazis lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

do note that the first post is quoting, verbatim, an indictment against some neo-nazis lol

when they're inept it's pretty funny yeah

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kitfox88 posted:

when they're inept it's pretty funny yeah

So basically cats

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yinlock posted:

and then a cia assassination attempt i assume

unfortunately for them bernie's smooth hide can only be harmed by +4 magical weapons

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

they're going to be as successful as they were with Castro

just 8 years of inept assassination attempts on an increasingly popular president bernie

Raccooon posted:

They will be spraying the rallys with the heart attack gun. Just mass heart attacks at his rallys.

mad.radhu posted:

i'm feeling the bern (in my left arm)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yes, and have you ever tried to have sex with a bird flying freely around the room?

JoshGuitar posted:

I'd try, but A) I can't fly, and B) I'd probably hurt the bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Your post is blood red in the awful app and I am fairly curious.