Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Last night I was complaining to my brother that I had been unable to find the Borders exclusive Iron Man 2 figure. Today he sends me a picture of one he picked up at his local Hastings. I'm feeling good about it.

I go to target to check the shelves and what do I see? Movie version War Machine, the Iron Man with the devilish horns, and the buffed out marvel vs capcom looking Iron Man.

Upon further digging I find the Hulkbuster Iron Man which I've been wanting from day one. There was a guy going through the pegs before me and when I pulled it off the rack and he realized he'd overlooked it he was visually pained.

I'm finding it hard not to tear them all open and pose them.

Stolen from page 41 for your reference:

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I'll be checking out Toy Hunters in HK, is there any other major toy stores I should be aware of out here? I'd really like to find a place with a wide selection of Revoltech also.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 30, 2011

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Went to Toy Hunters in Hong Kong (official sellers of Hot Toys out here) and everything Iron Man was sold out or pre-order only. It seemed like everything I wanted was unavailable so it was a disappointment.

Still picked up the Revoltech Iron Man M4 and Revoltech Proffesor Layton from shops nearby.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Sanschel posted:

Of course if they really wanted to make people smile, there's one Robocop character they could always do...

I'd jump in on this in a heartbeat. Of course he'd need to have a base to stand on that played a sound bite of "Bitches leave."

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I was at a toy-show in San Jose the other day and the guy running the booth had some blind-buy toys (in this case a tokidoki marvel frenzies) and he was offering to help people get the ones they wanted without having to actually opening any. The dealer pulled out his phone and brought up a map of where each one was in the case. Someone picked out a box the dealer pointed to and sure enough it was the one he wanted.

Does anyone know where I can find these sort of maps online? I tried googling 'case maps' and a bunch of other stuff but couldn't find anything. I'd like to go into a store and just get the ones I want everytime...

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Seymour Butts posted:

I have a M. Bison kid robot and I'm wondering what the value is? Haven't seen any on ebay in awhile and I'm thinking about selling it. Do these sort of things increase in value?

Just checked eBay and theres one listed for $120. I also checked to see what they have sold for under completed/sold and they've gone for 70-100 bucks.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The retro collection ninja turtles have shown up at my 'local' Toysrus despite being listed as a preorder on their website and a shipdate of 08/27/2013. What I really want to pick up is the retro collection ninja turtles Party Wagon http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20681866 which is supposed to be out next month... I would preorder it but I figure if I can pick up the turtles in store ahead of the preorder date I should be able to pick up the turtle van the same way. Has anyone seen it on the shelf or have any info when it can be REALLY found?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I am glad they got his likeness - that HAS to mean a Jack Burton figure, right? Right?!

I'm on board with that idea. That'd be awesome.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

spixxor posted:

Can anyone tell me where I can find a decently priced Deadpool action figure? I can only find one that's really an action figure with the regular black and red costume, and it's either sold out everywhere or the price is inflated. I'm just trying to find my nephew a Deadpool for his birthday dammit!

I've got the marvel select Deadpool. I picked it up a couple years ago and I've soured on him since. He's still in the package, which is in pretty good condition. You cover shipping?

Edit: I dunno if it's action figure-y enough though.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 15, 2014

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Welp, last day if you want a widow.

Let me know, or I'll be taking her back to the store tonight/tomorrow.

If nobody else has spoken up for her I'd take it.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cool. Just lemme know if you want the mandroid piece, if you want her in the box, and lemme know your zip and I can get a quote for ya.

Man-In-Madden posted:

If Blackchamber doesn't end up wanting the Mandroid piece I'd be willing to take it.

Shipping would be to 95687, and I just want Widow so you can part out the mandroid part.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cool. 29$ sound good? That's cost, priority mail shipping (automatically includes up to 50$ insurance), and paypal fees all added together and rounded up.

I dunno if the mandroid chest will fit in a flat rate box, but I think I have a small shapeways box here that I can use. I don't mind splitting em up.

Yeah thats fine thanks. Paypal?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Paypal is stupidsexyflander@gmail.com and I can have her in the mail tomorrow.

Paypal sent. Thanks!

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 9, 2014

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Stupid Sexy Flander thanks again for the Widow. I stopped by my folks place (my personal mailboxes etc) today and found her waiting for me.

Oh and extra thanks for the starbursts just in time for movie day!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

its gohastings. They'll cancel the sale like they did when they listed the Pacific Rim heroclix box for 10 bux

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

God drat it why are Revoltech figures so loving exspenive? I don't have the budget to drop $250 on a set of TMNT figures.

You and me both. I just got Mikey today because I figured having my favorite would be enough.

Its not.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Exactly. I want them all. Maybe I'll just buy one a month and hope they don't sell out. Is BBTS the cheapest at $60 a figure?

That's where I got mine because its about the same everywhere else I looked when you add shipping. And I think they were out of Leo already.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

You evil evil bastards leave my wallet alone!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Was anyone still looking for the Prototype Boba Fett black series figure? I found one today at walgreens but I wasn't sure anyone still cared...

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Anyone still looking for those neca batman bluray combos? They had them at my Toysrus and i picked up two extra.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Djarum posted:

How much?

I think that's more of a shipping question. Like i dunno if it'd fit in the small priority box unless i took him out of the package what with the bluray. So whatever the next size up is if you wanted it complete and i dunno how much that is off the top of my head. Base price plus paypal fees plus shipping. Shits not rocket surgery.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Oh god yes. I can't find them anywhere!

Ok good times. I'll pm you after work to get your address.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I thought I had posted this but does anybody want to pick up the Batman 89 Figure/Batman Blu-ray combo for me at Toys R Us if you find it? I've been searching my TRU and am coming up short and I'll be hosed if I'm gonna go check today, two days before X-Mas. Wish Amazon had it in stock.

Someone else posted a link to a hastings sale of it for 35. I was at Toysrus last week and there was a PILE literally of them shoved onto an endcap so you might have some luck.

If all else fails I have an extra I picked up to be helpful, but only one other person took advantage of. If none of the above works out hit me up and I'll help you out.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Sweet, thanks. I may try one last time today when they open at 10 since work is slow and keep an eye out for them on an end cap.

I know some people said they had em near the dvd section, but from the two Toysrus I've located them they were both in the toy aisle (once the endcap of the aisle) where they keep the other movie toys. The bluray was in a clamshell next to them. Good luck!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Are we posting pictures of our recent Hot Toys Dollies? This came for me earlier this week. I need to come up with a better pose for him, but I'm hoping I can get off my butt and 3D print either the front end of a delorean or make a lil clock tower diorama thing for him.

Also, love that the flyer (doesnt stay in his hand very well flattened out) has the number Jennifer wrote on the back.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

1/6 scale would be much larger than 1/37, wouldn't it?

Pfft, clearly the number 37 is much larger than the number 6. Whered you go to school, the 'School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too (like numberising)'?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

People are slowly starting to find the latest wave of World of Nintendo figures at Meijers so if anybody finds any, I'll gladly pay you back. Specifically looking for:

4":
-Peach
-Fox
-Big Goomba
2.5":
-Blue Pikmin
-Bullet Bill
-Pirana Plant w/pipe

Gracias and much love.

They had 2 Foxes at my local TRU when I went there this afternoon. I'll drop by again today when they open and see if one is still there.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Thank you!

Ok got Fox and Peach. There was a Goomba but it wasnt labeled as 'Big Goomba' so I dunno if it was the right one.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I love you and will PM you soon! If the goomba was in the same general package then it was the one I wanted but I can live without it and appreciate you going back to grab them.

Well I tucked the Goomba up on the upper overstock shelf so I can probably swing back and get him later today. I'll let you know if I do.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Don't hide toys, man. That is crazy. And obnoxious, for other people who might want that toy and the store employees who are supposed to keep the toy area in order.

Yeah I'm a pretty horrible human being, I know. I actually worked at a Toysrus as a stocker back in my retail days.

Maybe its where I live but around here scalpers are numerous and really aggressive. My schedule usually forces me to shop early mornings, and there is always a line of these guys outside target, toysrus, and best buy. It seriously looks like some black friday rush on days when a new Amiibo or whatever is released because they stampede towards electronics.

That said, I went back again and the shelf where they were normally stocked was bare. Someone bought ALL of them, and a couple of them looked really beat up. The Goomba I stashed however was still up there and I picked it up for you LiG.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 19, 2015

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Didn't this guy come to the U.S. for more surgery, and the doctors who consulted with him looked at his history and found some really toxic stuff was put in him?

oh here we go: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ab-fillers.html

did it himself!

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 17, 2015

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Checked two toysrus and found the Adam West Batman and the Heath Ledger Joker, but no Superman. Sucks.

The deal was you buy a super hero DVD (DVD... Bleh) for 20 and get the figure half off.

Oh well. I'll try my local spots again in a few days.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

funtax posted:

Worth noting, the Superman in that shot is not the Neca/Reeve Superman.

True facts. It's a giant sized heroclix figure. Saw that too when I looked at the display and figures.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I might still have a Keaton Batman in the package, I'll check when I get home today. I know I still have the extra bluray so stands to reason its somewhere.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Blackchamber posted:

I might still have a Keaton Batman in the package, I'll check when I get home today. I know I still have the extra bluray so stands to reason its somewhere.

Yup, I still have a spare with the bluray if anyone is still hunting.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Red posted:

Just as a heads-up, in case anyone is considering buying the Batman or Superman Heroclix pieces from TRU as part of this lot: Don't.

They're way out of scale, not tournament legal, and not competitive. None of us Clix players can figure out why the hell they were even made, other than to appeal to Christmas-shopping Grandmas.

It seems like if you were a clix player you'd already know this, and you still might get it just as shelf filler.

If you weren't, this information wouldn't be useful because if you got it it wouldn't be to use but to collect because of the characters.

Buy whatever you want.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Red posted:

The heads-up is for anyone who's been thinking about getting into the game, and thinks this might be a good entry point - it's ... not.

Well yeah... Just for the fact that if you are looking for an entry point getting something that's not part of a starter set (does it even come with any clix accessories like instructions?) it wouldn't be right.

Good looking out.

EDIT: the Reeve superman is available for presale on the WB ebay store, which I ordered. They are starting to hit eBay now for almost $100 bucks, and while I'm still going to be looking for it in stores, gently caress if I'm going to pay that inflated price.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 3, 2015

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Checked my TRU and no Reeve Superman. Unless the vendor comes in with it, the next truck comes Thursday. Bleh

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I'm still striking out with finding Reeves Superman at TRU, still hoping somebody can eventually pick one up for me or TRU actually stocks them here.

I'm going to check my usual spots again today too. Fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah, nothing on Reeve supes. So thus far only one goon has seen them in the wild?