Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Fuzz posted:

Yes and a full day.

Full day isn't enough to find all the nooks and crannies in Akiba. Hell.. aside from the Yodobashi Akiba which is everything you want a full service super store in America to be (toy section, gundam section, video game section, etc..) there's a plethora of used stores, holes in the walls (not literally... ), and consignment stores (I found maybe 8 the last time I went all in varying size and stock) that really lend to an eclectic shopping experience. Definitely map out your journey. Akiba feels really like a 3 day experience if you're looking for stock to bring home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Going to SDCC and wondered if there was any sets I should stand on line first because of limited runs / scalpers?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

https://amzn.to/2rhlgpb

HUGE blowout sale on this VR headset... $50 from Amazon

i just bought one, even if youre on the fence order it and return it if you figure out you didnt want it.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Nanigans posted:

If you order with DHL shipping you’re fine.

I think it’s only Japan’s internal postal service.. like EMS which is their version of the USPS.

3rd Party shippers like FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc shouldn’t be affected right?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Checked all 5 local stores, no dice.

Stores here aren't even open for in store pick up anyways :(

NJ/NY area anyway

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Fuzz posted:

You shouldn't even be going out to stores just for dumb poo poo like toys, go back inside you dumbass.

I really only go out for essentials and my office has already announced we will be working from home through December. But I have been trying to order delivery for dumb poo poo like toys, but most all of GameStops only appear to have stock for in store pick up.. except they’re all closed.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

You guys think the Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander Replica Helmets (GameStop Exclusive!) by Hasbro will be hyper popular? I really want the Snake Eyes mask but at $120 its a little too expensive for the Cartoon version design... hoping to wait out the pre-order and when GameStop is going out of business maybe snag the thing for $75?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder if they expected anything close to this many this fast.

On IG they hinted at more tiers.

Dude I was just having this discussion with the SO about how $350 seems REALLY high for the figure and I wouldn't be surprised if all the added bonuses were pre-baked into the pricing... I already called battle damaged head and extra hands to her privately.. but what'll really make me bite is an extra figure that I could resell to recoup some of the cost associated with this monstrosity. Hearing there may be additional tiers makes me REALLY hopefully we'll get a Patch Logan or some kinda Days of Future Past gear. Slain Wall? Pile of mutants display base? Rocket thruster parts? I dunno.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

The pre-orders for the Movie Deadpool x Negasonic Teenage Warhead 2-pack is up on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Acces...&language=en_US

gently caress ordering it from Hasbro Pulse, I'm STILL waiting for my Snake-Eyes :(

Edit: Apparently theres some really good Legends deals going on:

List of stuff I found:

Marvel Legends Luke Cage & Claire Temple 2 Pack Exclusive
$18.14

Marvel Legends Series Ant-Man & The Wasp 6"-Scale Movie-Inspired X-Con Luis & Marvel’s Ghost Collectible Action Figure 2 Pack
$12.85

Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years Thor: The Dark World Thor and Sif
$28.11

Marvel Legends Series Thor: Ragnarok 6"-Scale Movie-Inspired Grandmaster & Korg Collectible Action Figure 2 Pack
$23.59

Marvel Legends Series Thor: Ragnarok 6"-Scale Movie-Inspired Skurge & Marvel’s Hela Collectible Action Figure 2 Pack
$33.50

Jet Ready Go fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 25, 2020

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Selling some toys and Nintendo stuffs if anyone is interested!

https://bit.ly/30asVrk

Also if anyone is looking for Ghostbuster toys lemme know, saw a bunch on the pegs at Target. Or the Age of Apocalypse wave.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Nice haul! I'll be really curious if your Snake Eyes' knife fits in the sheath or not. Mine didn't.

None do, its part of a molding error I guess. I actually got my Dremel tool out to cut a slit in the holster so he could put a knife in there. Works great, looks fine, doesn't damage the aesthetics as long as you don't over cut it.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I'm still not sure whether I should get the HasLab Sentinel. It's now on it's final 32 hours or so.. 16,000+ backers... I'm worried I'll suffer some MAJOR buyers remorse and end up selling the thing whenever I get it in a year. Think it'll hold MSRP value? I don't care too much about profit but in the very least I don't want to see this thing sell for MSRP except I have to eat the cost of taxes + shipping because every other shmuck is selling it on ebay too.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

You can lose your job, and then the decision will be made for you. Unemployment really saved me from a crippling Marvel Legends addiction.

Yeah there is obviously that fear as well.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Has anyone successfully drilled through Snake Eyes' knife sheath in order to get the knife to fit? I'm scared of ruining it if I try, but it bugs me so much.

If anyone ended up with a Snake Eyes with a working knife sheath (that the knife fits in) but doesn't really care about it, I'd trade you the knife sheath from mine plus something like $5 for your trouble.

I did, it's not that tough if you have a Dremel Tool and one of those cutting wheels? To make a vertical cut through the bottom of the sheath, basically making it more like a holster where the knife can go through it?

LMK if you need pics or whatever. It didn't affect aesthetics at all.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Dale-Taco posted:

I recommend goo gone. Just make sure to wash it with water after.

Absolutely this. There are two types of Goo Gone but they essentially work the same.

There is the little tubey bottle you can get: https://amzn.to/3mBOmug
This is good for smaller jobs and if you feel like you wouldn't frequently be using it.

The other is the Spray Gel: https://amzn.to/33EYmvx
The one I got on the other hand, assumes you'll use it for everything.

My initial use case for Goo Gone was to remove a bit of sticker from glass, the type you get when the label doesn't cleanly come off and leaves a slightly stick residue on the jar.

However, now having it in my home, i realized I could use it for WAY WAY more. So I've let a friend borrow it to remove a parking sticker from his windshield, use it to remove labels from the bottom of cups or jars when you first buy them, and OF COURSE removing stickers from plastic toys.

I had gotten this 6" scale Arcade Cabinet you could jam your phone inside of to appear like it was a functional cabinet. But it came with Galaga stickers all over it and felt I could do better. I used everything I could think of to remove it. I soaked it in warm water, i left it alcohol, I've soaked it in soapy water.. nothing worked on the LAST bits of residue UNTIL Goo Gone. So yeah.. huge fan HOWEVER you gotta make sure you're able to wash or wipe it off. It stays on like an oil. To MY knowledge it doesn't damage any plastics, but if you don't use Dawn or something to wash it off.. your plastic will just feel a bit oily.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

1981 here

Voltron - I remember watching the cartoon and being very confused half of the time. When the car voltron version came on I was like "This is the sucky one"

Transformers - Favorite was and still is soundwave. I remember calling 911 once because Transformers wasn't on at its regularly scheduled time, the lady was very nice to me and told me that perhaps it was delayed. I argued with her a little, saying it usually comes on after ... "I love lucy"? or some loving show I don't even know. But the show was still going and I didn't understand it. My dad had probably set the clocks wrong because sure enough Transformers started and I was like "OH its on! Thank you" and hung up.

Thundercats - Literally every toy sword or paper tissue roll i had became THE SWORD OF OMENS. I would jam one tissue roll into another to make the entire sword growing effect too. I was loving LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Lightsabre toys man. I was like what? 5? Also Cheetara made my pants feel funny. I had Lion-O and Panthro?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I bought nunchucks because I wanted to be like Michaelangelo. I ate SO much loving pizza because of this. I demanded a single person pie once because I wanted to one shot it into my mouth the way the Turtles did. I found out that personal pizzas suck because they are small and dont have enough sauce. I like sauce. I settled for just getting the typical NYC slice on the regular after that. I think I had all the Turtles + Baxter Stockman, A triceratops, and an alligator?

GI Joe - I had a couple of Joes as a child (I had Alley Viper and Snake Eyes?) and I always wanted to get the guys with removable helmets because I thought that was the absolute best feature EVER. But I really went FULL FORCE into it a little later in 5-6th grade when my friend had like 100's of Joes.

Lego - Had Legos throughout life. It was great. I think the first set I fell in love with was the Space one? With all the green neon clear pieces. Also I had a camper RV that opened up to a living space? That was dope AF.

Rock Lords - I had the main rock. He looked most like a rock to me. It was great. I didn't reeally play with it, I just liked to transform it and keep it in my pocket.

Food Fighters / Army Ants - These came on at about the same time? I think? I only had one of each. I think I traded it for something.

Battle Beasts - Had a ton of these. I liked the rub signs. I forgot what factions they were frequently so the rub signs helped me a lot. I was a forgetful child.

Secret Wars - I didn't even remember buying this, just one day as a child I was conscious and I had Iron Man and Spider-Man. It was a weird time.

Micro Machines / Hot Wheels / Matchbox - Whichever had the coolest features is what I got. I had a red matchbox car that I loved, it had opening doors so obviously that was THE ONE. All the other Hotwheels or Matchbox cars were the bad guys who would crash when doing ramp jumps and poo poo. Suck it. Micromachines, they had to light up when you pressed them down or I wouldn't buy it. gently caress you.

Super Naturals / Visionairies - I had the mummy guy from Super Naturals and ARZON from Visionaries. The ONLY reason I can loving remember this is because he had an EAGLE in his chest and my dumb rear end thought he was the reason the VISA Credit Cards also used the Eagle on their cards? Like "Oh they took it from him" I was a stupid and ugly child.

Toxic Avengers - The toys mother loving GLOWED IN THE DARK. Of course I had this poo poo.

Robocop - Robert is the best. I forgot what I had though. Did I have the glow in the dark one? Most importantly he had a removable helmet.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Timby posted:

That unfortunately doesn't narrow it down much; I believe there were RoboCop figures with removable helmets made by Kenner for the Ultra Police line in '88, and by Toy Island for their RoboCop 3 and RoboCop: The Series lines in 1993 / 1994.

Anyway, to answer the question, I was born in July 1984, and the toy lines I was most deeply into were TMNT, The Real Ghostbusters and Playmates' Star Trek: The Next Generation.

OH MY GOD THAT REMINDS ME

COPS - I don't even remember if I had these toys but my BFF did and we played the poo poo out of them!

But yes I think you're right.. a VAGUELY remember "ULTRA POLICE" now. "Robocop Nightfighter" is what I think I had (based on my Googlin')? Curiously the whole reason I don't remember is because I had his glow in the dark helmet.. but i couldn't find my figure. So it's a big "???" Did I steal the helmet from someone?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Davros1 posted:

https://games.avclub.com/children-no-longer-allowed-to-buy-poke-mon-cards-at-tar-1846886267

I was in a Target the other day, and while I was checking out, some father with two kids with him was harassing the employees because he was only allowed to buy one pack. Couple of things:

a) When he was told he could only buy one pack, he told his two young kids, "I guess you guys aren't getting any."
b) He was an rear end to the employees saying things like "I guess you don't have kids", "You guys must hate kids", and "I hope you never have kids."
c) Dude, you're using the self check-out. Buy your one loving pack, put it in your car, go back in, buy another, and repeat. Stop being a loving rear end.

Wait if he had two kids with him doesn't that mean he could get three packs? They all check out separately? I dunno.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Gripweed posted:

new McFarlane My Hero Academia figure

Feels like this should have been a BAF

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

OH MY GOD.. my dream came true. There's FINALLY a Lego Batman Movie Tumbler available at a price point ($40) and scale (uhh... smaller?) that I can afford to put in my apartment.

https://amzn.to/3yVVpDn

AND its gonna come out as soon as October? I can't... wait.. to put this together.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I couldn't find the symbiote spider-man from the newest retro wave at Amazon but found all the rest for pre-order if anyone was digging for it.

Shocker: https://amzn.to/3nCbg8e
Spider-Man in Spider Armor MK 1: https://amzn.to/3Cfq4xD
Hobgoblin: https://amzn.to/3Eirfy5
Hammerhead: https://amzn.to/39boLn4
Spider-Man Ben Reilly: https://amzn.to/3kcvQdd

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I got some stickers up for sale I think the users in here would find cool over at SA-Mart. Got some other stuff based on Metal Gear Solid and Simpsons too.

It glows in the dark....

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Retro Marvel Legends War Machine was just put on Amazon for Pre-Order. No idea how long it'll last but: https://amzn.to/3M8NjOm

Can't find the Japanese Spider-Man, the only other one I want from the set.

Jet Ready Go fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 31, 2022

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Nanigans posted:

Reva was a great character, the actress ruled and the saber hasn’t funded because holy poo poo it’s $500 for a saber for a brand new character people haven’t even had two months to grow attached to.

I'm torn. The actress herself was fine, but the entire mythology of Star Wars to me was really a mix of Japanese lore in a Knights of the Round Table-style aesthetic. So my only real gripe with Reva was how her voice sounded a little too "2020's modern" compared to the rest of the cast. Stoic, kinda tired, worn out, world-weary is the way I would have described the majority of voices and acting from the rest of the actors. She definitely grew on me more nearing the end of the series though. Lot's of stuff she did made no loving sense though. Won't get into that though.

It was a much less extreme version of my issues with Hawkeye. Where Hawk-Girl's (or whatever) acting style was like a girl in a Nickleodeon Comedy and waiting for an audience laugh track, compared to everyone else playing the role with some gravitas and world-weariness. It really stands out. It's either one or the other.

Seems like a thing for Disney+ shows.

I also finally got my "grail" since Metal Gear Solid was one of my favorite video games in the world and somehow one of the least merchandised despite its large following. I'm waiting for the right GI Joe Classified unit to come out so I can kit bash it into a Solid Snake. The only back breaking thing here, is needing to build the damned thing. I've built Gundams before and, gotta admit, I kinda hated them all. But there is not better interpretation of Rex.. and I had so many positive memories connected to the series and particularly fighting this beast.

Coming Soon: 2025. LOL.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Holy poo poo. I can’t see it properly on my phone but who made that and where did you get it?

Yeah feels like Cap got it right. It’s a Kotobukiya kit that has a billion more pieces than I expected. It was $80 so somewhat reasonable I’m the realm of this complexity.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Super Happy with (perhaps) my only purchase for the Super Powers series. A poster before mentioned Batman looking kinda lovely, but aside from having a very different face from the original Super Powers I don't mind it! Especially at the $10 price point? poo poo.

The one I actually hate is Superman. He has no eye? Only blue pupils? It's.. weird.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Nanigans posted:

Call me when they make a black alternate version.

No, seriously. Black and gray. Let me know!

I’m down for that one if you tell me when they make the 1989 Keaton Repaint, unless that’s the one you’re talking about. I don’t think it is.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Nanigans posted:

IG-88 is my IRL oldest friend.

That's a Star Wars guy. Your friend is an action figure. I'm sorry to break it to you.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Stopped by Target to check in on the newest toy offerings and they got the new Playmate Star Trek collection in. I actually think I saw everyone in the sets represented except for the Discovery cast. Couldn't help myself and picked up Picard. Not bad for $12.99. The facial likeness is pretty darn good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Shiroc posted:

Which two Spider-Men are the ones being Good Friends in the background?

Amazing Fantasy and Retro Carded Spider-Man.