Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

IOwnCalculus posted:

I don't know how much more power they can get out of the Toyota four-cylinder reliably. As it is, the Exige can be had with up to 260-270hp, and adding weight to an Exige or Elise is just...wrong.

320-330bhp is about as high as you want to go on stock internals with the 2ZZ. (And that's assuming you don't spend a lot of time at the track. If you're not tracking the thing, why bother?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

BonzoESC posted:

Because the engine is designed and tested to run just fine on 87. There used to be a sticky thread on Prius Chat (don't ask) saying that higher octane than 87 doesn't actually help gas mileage (measured per gallon).

It's all about how much timing you can run on the ignition maps in the ECU. People don't put 100 octane in racing cars to feel awesome, they do it because their tuner was able to run a ton more timing and thus make more power.

Running 87 octane on a turbocharged engine isn't bad if the tune was created with that fuel quality in mind. There's a guy with a supercharged Exige in Hong Kong that had the car shipped to California and tuned on 87 because that's the best they can get over there. He lost 20-30hp but otherwise it ran fine.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

kill me now posted:

Can everyone stop hating on my sweet prince the dodge magnum :ohdear: Its making me sad

It may drive like a tap dancing hippopotamus, but it was fast. Or at least fast enough to hang with an exige cup on R6's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTG579ORDqo

I passed a GT3 once but I don't judge all GT3s based on one poor driver.

Edit: Tracking a Magnum is loving badass though.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Kinda sorta off topic but I got a Panamera 4 as a loaner today. In no world should that car make sense but I'm having a lot of fun with it. I fully admit that it could have a lot to do with owning two cars that have just about every luxury feature stripped out but having a quiet, comfortable ride with air-conditioned seats is really winning me over. The interior is fantastic and the best part is that being inside of it means you don't have to look at the exterior. That said, the styling is just so odd that it actually seems to work in person.

Before I just laughed when I saw a Panamera. Now I actually kind of get it. Obviously I'd have the V8 version but I'm looking forward to seeing how they depreciate when I get to the point where I actually need a four seater.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

grover posted:

Rumors are abounding about the Porsche 991 Turbo. It's looking now like it's going to be unveiled next fall, and sold in early 2014. It's most likely going to have a tri-turbo 3.8-liter six-cylinder engine with somewhere in the range of 518-542 hp. Would equate to 3.2 seconds o-60 and a near 200mph top speed.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/porsche-911-turbo-mit-allradlenkung-3588998.html

I guess we're basically giving up on anyone ever working on their own car again. Making cars that people are afraid to own second hand can't be good for depreciation. I was going to guess that it could affect sales but let's be honest, people that buy $100k+ cars don't give a poo poo about its worth out of warranty.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

grover posted:

I get their strategy, though: what do people do for the hour or two while they're waiting for their car to be serviced? They look at new Porsches!

Actually, that's how I ended up with the Panamera. As soon as I filled out the paperwork they asked if I needed a car, took my information and handed me the keys. I didn't even get to drool over the GT3 they had.

(So I went to the dealership I bought the Elise from and checked out their 997.1 GT3 RS. Absolutely nuts.)

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Naky posted:

It's just a car man. At the end of the day, everything's cleanable and repairable with the right combination of time, money, and product. Not sure an early heart attack is worth your rage fueled panic attacks over ridiculously harmless poo poo like that.

I understand the sentiment though. He obviously cares about his car, works hard to keep it clean, etc. When someone is doing borderline stuff like that, you're in a situation where if anything is said you become the overprotective rear end in a top hat. Surely you can see the difference between sitting on the bumper of a Cavalier and an IS F though, right?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

GM sure is stubbornly old-tech with the Corvette. I guess it keeps costs down but are people still willing to spend money on an automatic that isn't a dual clutch transmission in this price range?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

There are plenty of manufacturers that replaced their automatics with DCTs and kept the manuals as options, no reason why GM couldn't do that as well.

It'll be interesting to see if the Z06 will have a dual clutch as an option. I can't imagine it would be the only option for fear of an uprising but it would also likely lose out to the competition without one.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Oh lord. I'm beyond excited for the next GT3. I honestly fear for my wallet when they finally announce it.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

grover posted:

The new Porsche 991 GT3 will only be offered with a PDK transmission, according to GTSpirit. :can:

Number of nice photos here, too. I *think* the one in the middle is the GT3, can anyone confirm? Regardless, it's a hot loving car!

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/01/07/porsche-to-drop-991-gt3-teaser-in-february-deliveries-begin-july-august/

Part of me is beyond excited about this car. Maybe I need to see it in another color but it doesn't' look as visually striking as the older GT3s did to their base 911 counterparts. I'm not excited about the PDK but I also realize that's how you put down fast lap times these days. They did a good job to stick with a manual through the 997.2 GT3/GT2 (though maybe it was not wanting to mate the PDK to the Metzger engine).

I can't help but think the 997.1 GT3/GT3RS will be the last ones that an enthusiast could wrench on in the garage but I can't back that up with facts. The lack of center-locking hubs would be helpful swapping wheels (also they break a lot) but I can't think of much beyond that. Maybe I'm looking forward to the new GT3 so the 997.1 plummets even further in value. I may be in the market this summer so the timing would work out really well.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

fknlo posted:

They'll probably never hit the prices that 996 GT3's are at, but a guy can dream :fap:

In Europe the 996 GT3RS is on a slight upswing at the moment. A few people see that one as the most focused and raw GT3 that will probably be released to the public. Of course their RS comes with a plexiglass rear window while our standard GT3 still has a sunroof.

That's just fine with me though. I've wanted a 997.1 GT3 ever since I opened up to the idea that maybe rear-engined cars aren't the worst idea ever (ok they are but Porsche spent the better part of 40 years engineering the stupid out of it).

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

That front shot looks great, the side profile looks good, but the rear of the car is just awful.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

I'm curious why they're saying it's comparable to the LS7. In the sense that it too has eight cylinders? 55hp is a pretty big gap.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Damnit this could have me reconsidering a GT3 later this year. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does on the road.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

The part I'm loving so far is the fact that some of the old Corvette guys are pissed about this redesign while the general consensus on the track-oriented portion of rennlist was, "Not bad." Confirms why I seem to like it so much. I really, really hope the fit and finish holds up.

Quick question: Did the removable roof on the C6 fit in the rear hatch?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. Apollo posted:

Porsche has a 7 speed manual and 7 speed dual clutch transmission in the new 911.

It's actually the same transmission, the manual just doesn't have the actuators and possibly the two clutches. Given the 40-50lb weight penalty between the 991 S manual and PDK, I'd say it's lacking the extra clutch.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

The new 9A1 seems to be holding up well with the Cayman endurance racing. It's probably the future of their motorsports as well, the new GT3 is rumored to be moving away from the old Mezger engine. I've read a few rumors about a 9A2 to be used in the GT3 as well.

Normally this is where people talk about the 9A1 having a dry sump and no IMS bearing to worry about. Unfortunately a couple weeks ago I got a nice flashing check engine light on the Boxster Spyder. Had to tow it to the dealership and it turned out to be a bad ignition coil on cylinder 1. Now I know poo poo happens but the car only has 18k miles on it. So there's some anecdotal evidence. I'm still confident in the engines long term future though.

Oh and GT3s have plenty of problems on the track. Coolant hoses commonly pop off up front (imagine how that would go at the track), the centerlock hubs on the 997.2 GT3s have to be replaced every 5k miles, and the engines need rebuilds after a certain amount of track hours. Obviously that's a given with any engine but Mezger engines routinely cost $15-20k or more to rebuild.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Admirable Gusto posted:

How do you like the Spyder? I've thought hard about trading my CS in for one, and I used to own a Solstice so I'm used to fiddly tops :)

Yes pretty sure the 4.0 Mezger in the GT3 RS 4.0 was presented as the final, ultimate evolution of the Mezger engine i.e. implying that they were finally killing it after decades of amazing service

I have heard about the hose issue, and IIRC the threshold for rebuilds with the Mezger is 60 track hours :gonk: But wasn't the centerlock issue some kind of a mfg/design defect? Surely it can't be within spec for hubs to die after 5k miles of use

The Spyder is fantastic. I've had a 997.1 GT3 in my sights for a few years now and now that they're in the 70s I was all set to buy one this summer. Problem is, the Spyder is just too drat good. I spend a considerable amount of time looking up different cars to buy and I can't bring myself to part with it. The top is a bit of a pain in the rear end but even then it's not that big of a deal. I'm used to a bit more drama with the power delivery but it is so drat smooth it's deceptive how fast it really is. I can't imagine having a use for an extra 95hp with the GT3 (but admittedly I'm yet to drive one, I need to make friends with an owner at some point). The lingering thought is that I'm not driving around in the top model and it's annoying that I'm falling prey to Porsche's lovely marketing department. Why not just put the 3.8l from the 997.2 GTS in the Boxster or Cayman and mark up the price? Very frustrating.

The fear some current GT3 owners have is that rumors are pointing to a variation of the 9A1 being used in the standard GT3 while the GT3RS gets an updated version of the Mezger engine. I'd be a little put off on the concept of the GT3 if it wasn't using the same engine as the Cup cars. No one wants a warmed over C2S with a GT3 badge on it.

The centerlock issue has a lot of people pissed off and yeah it's a design flaw that Porsche is not owning up to. If they're going to put them on high performance cars intended for the track, a 5k mile replacement interval is complete bullshit. For about $2500 you can swap over a 5-bolt hub and skip the drama.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

Isn't the GT2 the top model?

Fair point but I don't really give that car much thought. 600hp from a 3.6l engine is going to have some massive turbo lag and if I was going to spend $140-150k on a car it wouldn't be a Porsche.

Also I can't afford a GT2 so that helps me not care about it.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Aurune posted:

Motor Authority claims to have pictures of a uncamo'd 991 GT3.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1070204_2014-porsche-911-gt3-spied-completely-undisguised

I really don't like the rear wing. Perhaps you can write Porsche a big enough check to get the cup car wing? If not, I'm hoping they're popular enough that the price of 997 GT3's drop.

Good find. Someone on Rennlist had some new information from an anonymous source today, complete with some pictures and a sound clip: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...-good-news.html

Highlights:

- New engine, not the DFI 9A1 and not the Mezger. They say "motorsports derived" but until it's been endurance raced I doubt anyone buys that claim.
- 9k RPM redline, 3.8L and north of 450hp.
- PDK seems like the only option. Everyone knows by now that manuals are slower around a track and nothing from Ferrari/etc come in manual anymore. This isn't a Cup car though so expect plenty of bitching from people that already have deposits.
- Centerlocks are back, no one is happy about that.
- Massive front brake calipers, guesses are between 380-400mm. 20" wheels, 19" might be the smallest that will clear the brakes.
*Edit: looks like 380mm, same as the Cup car. I think the Cup car runs 18" wheels so that might be possible on the GT3.
- Wide body from the AWD models. Makes me wonder what they'll do for the RS now.

I see it being a step forward in performance but I'm almost afraid that this will reinforce prices on the 997.1/997.2 GT3. The plain 997.1 GT3 has been in a freefall lately with some examples with a few miles going for the low 70s. I was hoping the announcement would help push prices into the 60s this summer, we'll have to see.

Also I can't wait for the C7 Z06 to obliterate the 991 GT3 (and possibly the RS) for half the price and watch the chaos unfold on that forum.

Pr0kjayhawk fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 19, 2013

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

Because the GT3 is sold largely as a track car (right?) and the kind of people dropping that coin on a track car are also the kind of people who have to have the fastest laptime, even if they aren't actually racing it. Thus, they'll buy the PDK because it's faster, and manual purists will cry into their Wheaties.

Full disclosure: I love a good manual transmission but to believe they are anything other than a dying breed is lunacy. Most people are fine with traditional automatics, even with their laggy shifting and torque converters. Of those who aren't happy with that, the modern crop of dual-clutch transmissions satisfies them, and the cost on those is coming down to make them viable in a much larger portion of the market.

There are two different (and extremely vocal) groups on what the GT3 should and should not be. The people defending the use of PDK in the 991 GT3 often use the argument that no professional race organizations use manual transmissions anymore. That's a bit of a false argument in my eyes as it's been that way long before the 996 GT3 appeared on US shores. The GT3 is a track car for the street, not the other way around. If you want the fastest lap times, buy a used Cup car or some other dedicated track car. Anything with lights, mirrors and a spot for a license plate will be compromised regardless. Manual transmissions are about enjoying the experience and GT3s are driven on public roads in addition to closed tracks.

To me it would make sense that the standard GT3 would have the 7 speed manual as standard and the PDK as an optional extra while the RS was PDK only as it is more track-focused. That would quiet the crowd down a bit, at least. On the other hand, we don't want to impede progress and it looks like PDK-only is part of that.

Strangely enough, It seems like the 991S optioned with the power kit (430hp), 7 speed manual, factory aero kit and 5-lug wheels is essentially the spiritual successor to the 997.1 GT3. Only it's $125k with all those options.

davebo posted:

Not fast enough for my liking. I knew it'd never happen but I was really hoping the C7 would at least have a dsg as an option, if not entirely replace the auto. I hope that when they get around to the z06/zr1 of this generation they're able to do something like that.

With the pace of development the Z06 has seen in the last decade, I really doubt they'll be able to continue to put expensive cars to shame with a manual gearbox. Couldn't they just license an existing DCT from another transmission manufacturer?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

What's amazing to me is a $30k auto loan for 5 years at 5% is north of $550/month. Not amazing because I don't believe in math but $500/month is still a lot of money to me and when it comes to new fun cars that doesn't get you much these days.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Also, these drat kids need to get off my lawn!

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Aurune posted:

It also acts as a clutch drop if you want to peel out in a non-launch control sanitized fashion. I'd really like to drive the refined power steering and pdk. I found the new Boxster's steering lacking but the new PDK was a vast improvement over the last gen. So, I really want to play with this car. The new engine also has me a little worried. The old engine is battle tested. This engine is "all new". I'm wondering how well it'll really handle track duty.

The 991 GT3 Cup keeps the Mezger engine while the base GT3 has a modified DFI engine. That says a lot right there.

I'm super excited for the car but Andreas Preuninger almost seemed to be apologizing for some of the technology that found its way into the 991 GT3. Porsche's site has the car at $130k base though, that's about $20k lower than I was expecting. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on 997.1 GT3 prices this summer.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Muffinpox posted:

It really doesn't say anything besides race teams run the GT3 Cups are already burning a ton of cash. Another few/tens of thousands of dollars for a low production mezger doesn't outweigh the benefit of an engine platform they have over a decade of support for that still is competitive due to horsepower restrictions. You can probably count on your hand how many GT3 owners would actually pay another 20k for the same performance but have their ~~~mezger~~~

It's not so much the Mezger specifically but the fact that the road-going GT3 had a direct lineage to their motorsport program. Most owners that track their GT3s appreciate the fact that it's same family of engine that is used in Porsche's competitive motorsport program. I don't give a poo poo who makes the engine or where it came from in my track car, I want to know that it's going to hold up on the track.

That's not to say the 9A1 won't hold up well with all those special parts, it's that no one really knows. The first GT3 that came to the states had a well-established history in motorsport up to that point. Teams spent hundreds of hours torturing the engines and its weak points were identified long before it was used in a production car. That can't be said for this round of the GT3.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

It's a very odd thing for me to say but Chevy has been knocking it out of the park lately. It's not a stretch to imagine in a year's time that I will replace the Spyder with a C7 Z51.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

I'm really disappointed that the new Z06 appears to be supercharged. With all the attention Chevy gave to cooling and aerodynamics on the base Stingray they seemed to have their eye on track time. Keeping a supercharged 600+hp car cool enough to prevent heat soak in a track environment will be a very tall order. Fingers crossed that they figure it out but I will be severely disheartened if I read about heat soak on the track.

Why couldn't the new LT4 be N/A? The LT1 seems to have tons of headroom and I'm sure the track junkies would prefer N/A over forced induction. Let the ZR1 equivalent have the insane supercharged engine. I'd take 550-575 N/A over 620 supercharged on the track. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how they hold up to abuse. Maybe a widebody LT1 will be in my future.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Jesus H. Christ. If these depreciate like the old Z06 did I could see myself with one in a few years.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

The earlier GTRs were jerky but they've really refined it. The only way I can tell it's changed gears is a very slight clanking sound of it engaging the next gear.

It also chatters like crazy in reverse.

Slightly off topic but are all of the changes to the GT-R's gearbox software related or were there legitimate mechanical changes throughout the years? What year is yours?

I saw Cobb offers certain versions of the DCT software, can you get the 2012 launch control in the 2009 gearbox via software updates?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I'm seeing renewed rumors that Mazda is targeting a new RX-7 for 2016 but can't make an official announcement yet for some reason.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/mazda-rx-7-return-2016

I've been getting teased every which way by the rumors about a new rotary, so I'm not holding my breath, but drat do I want this to be true so badly.

I want it to be true as well but it won't. The only way a 2-rotor solution will be competitive is with parallel hybrid system. Mazda, for whatever reason, only seems to be interested in 2-rotor solutions and the only way to make power that is acceptable to today's buyers is to have a huge turbo attached. And the only logical way to get rid of huge turbo lag is to augment it with a reasonably powerful battery system.

I really hope Toyota brings the FT-1 to market and puts pressure on the other Japanese manufacturers to put out something reasonably interesting. You'd be hard-pressed to find an enthusiast that doesn't want Mazda to bring the rotary back but no one wants an RX-7 that has less power than was available on showroom floors in 1992.

I feel like this should be really simple for Mazda. Take the 16X, give it direct injection, a turbo, and a hybrid system. That checks off all the technology buzzwords magazines expect to see. Take the new MX-5 platform and stretch it a bit for the RX-7. Slap in all the whiz-bang powertrain stuff and I don't even feel like they'd have to try very hard to have it come in at less than 3200lbs. If they really want headlines, target less than 3000lbs. I would write Mazda a check tomorrow if they could pull that off.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Twerk from Home posted:

Would you write Mazda a $50k check though? That's a ton of new, expensive things at once for a company that is low on R&D money, and given that a Miata starts at about $24k sticker, I'd expect an N/A RX-7 to be north of $30k and one that hot to run above $40k for sure. Mazda doesn't even have any hybrid systems available to them that I know of.

On second thought, the FD was about $60k inflation adjusted, so maybe they will be brave enough to build a high-end sports car. I just don't see how the market is there though.

I would, actually. A lot of the people that grew up idolizing the Supra/300ZX/FD/3000GT have grown up and now have the money for something like that. While I didn't idolize those cars growing up I'm certainly in the age range and I have a lingering fondness for the rotary. The car I described doesn't make sense for Mazda but then again, the rotary has never made financial sense for them.

If they never release another rotary sports car there's a very good chance I'll get another FD and build up a decent 3-rotor at some point in my life. And when I say I'll build it up, I mean let Aeka do all the work.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Porsche officially announced the Boxster and Cayman GTS today. Base price of $75k for 330hp or 340hp respectively. That company is just... frustrating. If you keep your Porsche blinders on, they almost seem like a good deal in that the GTS cars usually come with upgraded interiors, wheel and suspension packages, etc. Then you take a step back and realize you'll be lucky to get a couple options on the car and be out the door for less than $85k after tax. I shouldn't be surprised but was hoping that with cars like the C7 being so impressive it would force other manufacturers to step up their game a bit.

What's more, I was reading on Rennlist today that rumors are circulating about turbo 4s replacing the current engines in the Boxster/Cayman lineup. It's going to be funny watching Porsche try to gimp that engine (if it happens) so that it doesn't step on the 911's toes. With companies like Ford and Mazda making turbocharged engines in economy cars that are in the high-200hp range, Porsche is going to look a bit silly if their engines don't at least match the current model's output. And those turbocharged engines could very easily make a ridiculous amount of torque compared to their entire N/A lineup. Hell, Audi got 360hp out of the 2.5L I5 and those things easily crested 400hp/400tq with just a tune. When the $100k+ 3.8L Carrera S only makes 325lb/ft at 5600 RPM, it could be interesting.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Guinness posted:

Mazda has been on the verge of bankruptcy for years and is only just recently finding profitably and market share again by building affordable, reliable, fun-to-drive "regular" cars. Pissing away that tenuous recovery on a niche, low production, high development cost sports car to sell to about 17 enthusiasts is just about the worst business decision ever.

I'm all for bringing back the RX cars, but only when doing so won't destroy the company.

If anything, buying a new Mazda would help their business case toward having a halo sports car. Also, they're gorgeous cars. Do it!

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Xguard86 posted:

hmm well then ya it sounds like hybrid + rotary is a winning combo. Too bad I'm sure its space shuttle expensive to implement.

I want to see a series-parallel hybrid system in an RX-7 like the McLaren P1. Make it like Aeka's FD where it makes big power with a huge turbo but complement it with a decently sized hybrid battery. Maybe 8-10 miles on the battery alone but its real purpose is to make up for the turbo lag.

There are enough people that remember the Supra/RX-7/300ZX/3000GT days of the 90s. If Toyota brings back the Supra in the $60k range, I promise you there would be a market for a similarly-priced RX-7. I grew up on Japanese cars and I only switched my focus to European cars because there isn't anything terribly interesting in that price range from Japan.

Is a hybrid RX-7 a pipe dream? Almost certainly, but it's fun to think about.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

At least on the old TT-RS there are aftermarket Haldex controllers that can control the front/rear bias. People were up in arms when Audi released an ECU update that changed the bias more toward the front on the TT-RS, the aftermarket controller did a pretty good job of moving more power to the rear.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/product_haldex.html

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

ilkhan posted:

What was the last good single turbo engine the Japanese made?

Mazdaspeed 3 and Subaru has a couple...

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

drat it. This may be what makes me sell the GT-R.

Seriously. I go back and forth on what I want when I move back to Phoenix in a couple years but I always land on a GT3. For the same price as an 8 year old GT3 you get over 50% more power, functional aero, and a warranty that isn't voided when you park near a track. This may be the last straw when it comes to getting over any "brand snobbery." Unreal.

Two big questions I have: Can Chevy keep the engine and oil temps down on a supercharged track car? And do I even want that much power on the track?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

n8r posted:

Mantran buyers are deffo the Jag demographic, they're really dropping the ball on this one.

Excellent point but Jaguar has been testing a manual F-Type on the Nurburgring lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Tekne posted:

Sergio needs to confirm the ferraristsfuckers' worst fears and put the Grand Cherokee F12 in the development fast lane.

I'd love to see a Maserati engine (derived from Ferrari of course) in a hopped up Jeep. I didn't dislike Luca Di Motezemolo as much as some people but that would be a hilarious FU in his direction.