Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I have a high tolerance for stupid poo poo in games but even I couldn't make it all the way through that game. I loved 3, that game was dumb in all the right ways, 4 is just sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Don't buy it yet, I don't think anybody can even play it right now. It's not downloading all the files or something?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I think it's better than most other JRPG dubs of the time but it's still really hammy, Colonel Campbell as a smartass bird is a nice touch

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Looks like it's downloading the rest of the game now

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Amppelix posted:

I'm like halfway into Grandia 1 (I just got the big dude into my party after crossing over the wall, forget his name) and I kind of don't have the drive to finish it. Should I? Does it get incredibly cool in the latter half or anything? I'm being really tempted to just start Grandia 2 right now.

If you didn't enjoy the first half I can't remember anything that would make you love the back half, so you're probably safe to just move on

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Colonel Campbell as a smartass bird is probably the best voice work ever in a video game, to be honest

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Most of the time I just forget I even have those items, I don't normally save them for any specific reason

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

lame!! the combat infrastructure is really good but I just really quickly outstripped all the enemies without trying. I know you can run away without penalty but it's kind of annoying to keep having to do that after enemies pop up right in front of you on the map.

There should be quartz that make enemies more visible and make them ignore you, you can just walk past whatever you don't want to fight

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

This is why you keep the Information quartz on and never take it off: it tells you that fight's gimmick (and a lot of others). Those worms only use the earthquake attack if they've been damaged, so you have to avoid using AoEs and kill them one at a time to minimize it. :eng101:

I remember feeling like a total idiot when I read that after I had already beaten that fight by spamming AoE, but then I also felt like a total badass for beating it that way :cool:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I can't remember if it was Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs but didn't SE consider one of them a failure even though they sold somewhere around 3 million copies? Maybe they just have crazy expectations

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I don't think the MBlock bug is even a big deal, nothing in the vanilla game even comes close to being difficult enough for it to matter. You'd probably want it fixed for a romhack I guess

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Trails SC is doing a real unsubtle job of trying to hint that Agate's sister is very very dead.

You can put that together in FC if you're paying attention, if I'm remembering right

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Can't believe we live in a world where people think they can freely talk poo poo about Sophisticated Fight...

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

So I hear the FF9 PC port has some problems.

How bad are they really?

The UI is pretty obviously meant for phones but other than that it's fine. The speedup feature is a nice bonus and the game looks better

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Ornamented Death posted:

What the gently caress, how is this possible? It takes several hours just to get to the first combat.

Dude gets to the first battle in 27 minutes, beats the whole thing in 15h 22m https://www.twitch.tv/highspirits/v/57338802

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I think I liked Quest 64 only because the main character has the same name as me

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Star Ocean 3 is a game where I don't think I can disagree with anyone talking poo poo about it, but I love it anyway

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I assume DQXI is coming over at some point but it seems kinda weird that they haven't announced it yet, isn't it out in Japan this month?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I actually kind of appreciate it when a game doesn't rocket out of the gate with some world ending crisis or some obvious Bad Guy.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It never even crossed my mind that enemies respawning in Trails might be an issue

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Does CS2 have limited bonding points on first playthrough like the first one does?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

But what if they chose a different waifu than me, it just wouldn't be the same

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Never played 6 but you can't go wrong with either 4 or 5, they're both great games

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

This gag alone makes the Ys 1 boss design worth it

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

hmmm. if we're limiting it to rpgs, then probably grandia 2.

Grandia 2 fuckin owns tho

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

babypolis posted:

im loving jonesing real bad for trails 2 for pc over here. that was one hell of a cliffhanger, goddamn

Ending a game like that without the next one coming out immediately should be illegal, imo

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I wouldn't say the dungeons in Berseria were good but I don't feel like they were that long, outside of the final one

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Ventana posted:

It's got some genuine cool things like Crazy Chocobo and Chronobind, but then there's genuine awful things like Academia 300 and the slots fragment.

Isn't Academia 300 where Serah yells at Hope so hard that he hears it in the past and decides not to build the big robot so it just disappears from the timeline. That part owned

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Sounds like a game after my own heart

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

HGH posted:

Quoting this from the Steam thread because I will never tire of this cascade of failures.

I wonder when NISA's uncanny ability to screw something up in new and exciting ways will turn from funny to sad

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Everyone focuses on Edge Maverick but I've always thought Fayt Leingod was a way dumber name

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Olivier is powered by flirting, if he stops he'll probably die. You don't want that, do you?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Dragon Force owned, I think it's the only Saturn game I've ever played

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I think 0 dollars is a very good price to pay for Destiny 2. The shooting is a lot of fun but once I hit max level nothing there really grabbed me and made me want to stay, but getting there was a relatively good time

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

All the main story stuff is, yeah

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

On one hand yeah we've been beating the same monsters for like 30 years in the series but on the other hand slimes are rad as hell

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Puff Puff is whatever you want it to be

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Yeah I have to imagine whatever Troy Baker would cost at this point is way more than they're willing to spend on a remaster of what is still a pretty niche game. I don't think it's being cheap, though, more realistic

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

According to his twitter, he was never asked.

If they never even asked him and he wanted to do it, that's lame as hell by Bamco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I don't know if I would use the words "mediocre disappointment" but I understand the sentiment. The gameplay was fun enough and the road trip/the relationship between the friends aspect was good enough for me to not be as bothered by the rest of the story's unfinishedness but I can see others not being able to get past that