Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

This is an assault on my ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You left out the best slash worst of the new FF14 songs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb0P9jHV8dQ

forward and back and then forward and back...

I like this!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I happily cancelled my World of Final Fantasy preorder after that demo.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

There seems to be a strong correlation between finding the battle speed option in the menu and liking it.

I started the game at speed five, give it a rest, Bill!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

God, the combat progression in Eternal Sonata is so bewildering.

It's ridiculous how they give you less time to act as the game goes on. Who thought making the battles more restrictive was a fun progression?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Is the world map in Devil Summoner Soul Hackers as unbearable as Megami Tensei IV's?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Motto posted:

Nah, it's just a hub for accessing facilities and dungeons.

Wonderful, thank you!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

DoubleCakes posted:

I also think the backhalf of Suikoden 2 to be an absolute slog in plot and gameplay. I get what they were going for but nothing after beating Luca Blight is worth experiencing.

I cannot agree with this.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

telling people to play the digimon world games should be classified as a war crime

100% agreed.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Zore posted:

Well there goes literally the only thing I liked about the first game.

:sigh:

What........the gently caress!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Ni No Kuni 2 trailer is just ridiculously gorgeous. Definitely into this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AkY9a7DQUE

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Getsuya posted:

Was it Persona Q that had a 'this is how much of your life you will waste grinding' meter on its difficulty select screen? Or am I thinking of another game? Some game just straight up told you how much longer Hard mode was going to take you. As if it was a perk or something.

I haven't played Q, but I know Oreshika on the Vita did this.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Deified Data posted:

I actually just ordered for the DS so I cancelled that when I read your post. Does Android have party chat too and does this trend of mobile being the definitive version continue for DQ V and VI?

Android is the same as iOS, and the DS versions of V and VI both have the party chat.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Nate RFB posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop Yakuza 5. I get why people like those games but I find them incredibly boring. Somehow I got through 3 and 4, but it was always a chore and 10 or so hours into 5 I can already tell it's going to be more of the same. I think the only reason I was going to play it in the first place was because it was the last PS3 game I had.

I've never played a Yakuza, but am interested in getting 0. What do you dislike about them? Also, I'm glad you finally stopped wasting your time on a series you hate.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Pirate Captain posted:

Even if you turn encounters off and make a beeline for the essential bosses, you're still repeating the same set of bosses four or five times with zero variation in the fights and very little variation in the dialogue, which you don't want to skip because every now and then a line is slightly different. It may only take an hour or two but it feels as long as the entire first half. Hence, the second half of BD is terrible.

It also takes far longer than an hour or two and looper is full of poo poo.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I feel that Symphonia is hurt by the fact that you are playing as a class of kindergarteners who for some reason have swords.

And Persona 2 is as mediocre as they come, with dreadful dungeon designs.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Finally got to read one of those crazy post before it gets edited.

Me too! I haven't a clue what it meant though.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Some people here dislike this game that I also don't like. I just wish I could figure out why!!!!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah! Bullshit!! They're just holding it back to, uh.....Well anyway, gently caress them!!!!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

You'd have more fun if you just played it and didn't worry.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Only if you hate yourself and need one last push towards suicide

Is that why you were trying to buy Eternal Sonata? You can talk to us, you know.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Utter gibberish.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I downloaded the free Atelier Firis theme on PS4. It is not bad.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I hope Tokyo Mirage Sessions gets put on a real man's system for all-man manly men, like the Switch. Then I could play it!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I was pretty annoyed when I met the character the portrait I chose ACTUALLY belonged to in Stranger of Sword City's demo.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It's on sale, and supposedly the glitches were fixed, so I bought Wild Arms 3! 2002, God drat. Apparently I've waited 15 years to play this.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Last Celebration posted:

Also Altier Eschatology Vita is on sale, get the gently caress on that vita owners.

I did it, I bought it! It's just Atelier Totori again, but the little improvements are quite welcome.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It is not a decent game, it is a terrible time.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I think Samson was cursed by an evil scarf too. Like, the lamest thing to be cursed by.

Edit: ah, a shawl. Even better!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Colonel posted:

that's a really solid list outside of thousand arms and star ocean 2, which are just kinda blegh

have you played persona 2: innocent sin?

"Because it's blegh too."

You forgot to finish your post!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I like Totori a lot too. Her English voice actress was very good!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

OddObserver posted:

There is also apparently an Etrian Odyssey V demo out. Didn't try that yet (too busy with Ys 8).

It's more of the same.

So it's great!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Alliance Alive is only very slightly better than Legend of Legacy. Avoid.

Really? But....Suikoden guy....

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I played the Popolocrois PSP game. Utter poo poo.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Colonel posted:

if you think about it, DOOM is an alien fangame

Surely you mean Metroid???

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Big hole?! gently caress, that's pathetic.

What do they call Serpentus now? A jug?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Literally everyone would think “Vinay del SEXAY!’ every time they saw that name, right?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Late game Berseria spoilers: This “Oh no, I killed Oscar!!!” stuff rings extreeeeemely hollow.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Caphi posted:

It's not subtle, either, there are a bunch of explicit parallels drawn in the leadup and I think Velvet spells it out when it happens.

Of course it isn’t subtle, haha! Just because they intended to send a certain message doesnt mean they did it well. No one needs to hear what the intent of the scene was when the criticism is that said intent was poorly delivered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Good God, Caphi.

Yes, it was very clear.