Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

^^ I get the feeling when High Pitch dies, it'll be a violent shooting because he conned the wrong people.

GenoCanSing posted:

One of the greatest things about Eric is a mix of his ingratitude and complete lack of intimidation of Howard. Howard Stern, regardless of your opinion of him, is a gigantic figure in the last 50 years of American Media. I know KOAM started as a goof but in the 90's Stern was to radio what The Simpsons were to TV. I didn't listen then but I always knew who he was. I even really enjoyed Private Parts, having never listened to his show.

He's incredibly famous, incredibly rich, impressively powerful, and here is a broke midget in a wheel chair calling him bignose, and threatening to "go to war" with him over calling Kelly Clarkson fat. You can't get much farther apart on the social hierarchy ladder of the world than Eric and Stern. Nobody, NOBODY in Stern's life talks to him like Eric did. Not for decades.

God I miss that angry little mcnugget.

I think that is what really upended Howard, honestly. Artie showed that it was easy to wail on Eric because despite his rage he really had nothing else in life. You could tell him to gently caress off and he would screech and 'quit' the show and then call in the very next day under some pathetic excuses. He was a human punching bag that really couldn't fight back despite his delusional brain thinking he could. Howard could have and should have gone further. At the end, it wasn't Howard holding back, it was Howard kowtowing to some little freak because Howard was getting too soft and trying vainly to break into the mainstream and failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

This screenshot of John's desktop and browser is loving hysterical.

https://twitter.com/stutteringjohnm/status/901848753140666370

Also of note, he went on a random rant at Jackie in the past couple hours after saying he made up with Artie. No clue where it comes from since Jackie (41k Twitter followers to John's 17k, that's hilarious by itself) seemingly does nothing but tweet hack jokes and promote himself. Nothing to what John says other than that Jackie was a narcissist, as if anyone on the show wasn't. Maybe he'll fire out more who knows. He claims he's going to lay it all out in his book as well but I'm doubting that book ever sees the light of day.

At this point I think the funniest thing is that a bunch of old men are acting like teenagers while clinging onto the 'cool guy' who is a junkie dependent on his mother and sister for nearly everything he does.

Oh, but they're 'real men' who are bitching about Twitter, and arguing over how many followers they can buy. Jesus Christ.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

The thing I might have hated most about Eric was his blunt stupidity, like saying because he's Irish (I'm sure he's at most 50% Irish) he can't play Italian mobsters. The whole concept of acting escaped him.

Or being gay, or being someone who isn't exactly realistic to what he is. Normally this could be a very sad thing -- being so disabled you can't imagine a normal living life -- but in Eric's case I really get the feeling he never understood what it meant when people referred to him as 'special' and thought it meant 'extraordinary' instead of 'so profoundly disabled it's remarkable he's still around.'

Also, remember his homophobia? He was downright terrified of being seen as gay.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

There was, or is (don't know when they actually made the call vs when it was first aired) a ban on selling chickens in Georgia for whatever reason. So they called up some Georgia Tradio show trying to sell chickens. I'm pretty sure this was one of the more recent Tradio pranks.

This was the first thing to come up with a quick search: http://agr.georgia.gov/Data/Sites/1/media/ag_news/press_releases/files/2017/GA-Poultry-Suspension-Memo.pdf

A big fuss around Michigan is people in cities using their backyards to raise chickens for free eggs and meat. I'm guessing the Georgia ban is similar since a lot of neighbors complain about noise and smell and possible disease vectors.

If anybody has the link for the Tradio call I'm totally down for that.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

Artie in the new Gilbert documentary

Larger size https://imgur.com/hL8IdZa

Okay, is the reason he won't get a haircut because he's that lazy or because he's losing his hair and doesn't know what to do with it?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

The thing Artie does that royally pisses me off the most is his massive chip on his shoulder towards co-workers who didn't put their entire lives on hold to help him get help.

Not to say that no one should try to help anyone or that someone should never try to help anyone, it's obviously more complicated than that, but god drat I hate his attitude about it. Like anyone with the misfortune of coming across him has a legal obligation to stop everything they're doing to help him like they're licensed professionals or even have the basic skills/personality to deal with that sort of thing. Drug addicts are known for being liars and cheats, I don't fault anyone for not wanting to get involved. I wonder how many people he's helped?

Nah, he only does that to bring back people so he can continue to wrangle them for favors. It's the junkie's version of finding a loophole: if you alienate enough people eventually you don't have anybody to fall back on. Artie's been a leech like this for a few decades so at this point he knows how to weasel back into the good graces of people. He plays the victim and makes a note of how sick he is and yeah he knows he's a fuckup but just for one more time..... This is why a lot of his MadTV friends no longer speak to him. They know he's only coming back so he can continue finding a way to keep using without getting the blame for it. And he knows if he keeps it up he'll find someone who gives him that one last chance and then he can continue leeching off of them as well.

As for Howard cheating on Beth....why not? At this point, bring on the drama.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

Moonshine Miller vs Angry Jack Brent is the absolute best.

I think I found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ayYwXD8P4

Hey, it embedded correctly!

Anyway, you can hear how much of an insecure rear end in a top hat Brent is right from the beginning. It doesn't take him much to go off the rails and then to have a trainwreck like Bubba wail on him until he's crying in the backroom.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

kylej posted:

He drank bleach and stabbed himself in an attempted suicide and that wasn't rock bottom for Artie, so yeah I don't think he has one other than death. I feel so bad for his mother and sister.

Yeah I feel bad for his family as well. Apparently Artie is too masculine to deal with his issues but that doesn't extend to letting his mom and sister put up with all of this bullshit that is going to gently caress them up for a while. Everybody here is right: if he managed to actually have to clean up his act, that would have been better than this whole year of his nose trying to invade the rest of his face while looking like that witch from Looney Tunes.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I'm kinda hoping the judge throws him in jail at this point.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

He looks like Mario if he jumped face first into the bricks

More like fell onto them. No way is he running or jumping.

I can see him using a stick to hit a Question Mark brick, get a mushroom, and then eat it only to get fatter. And then bitching that it didn't have enough kick but there was this place in 1-2 where the 'dark' Koopas live that give one hell of a fire flower.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Moniker posted:

And has money. All problems solved.

Well, yeah, but also coming into a courtroom looking like a hobo with a cancerous nose probably helped the 'he doesn't have the ability to sell, or smell' defense. Hell, that ripe zit of a snoz probably helped him get into some kind of rehab deal.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I was watching Naked Lunch last night, and I thought of the video with Artie. In his case, he won't be close to Burroughs by any real stretch, but if he ever needed a title for another book, 'Naked Buffet' might do the trick.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, see, this is exactly why we listen to him. Because he's stupid and ridiculous and mean (most of the time). I can't fathom having the balls or lack of tact to even go along with most of that, assuming Johnny pushed him into a lot of it. Eric was an absolute monster, you're correct.

And I love hearing about it, over and over again.

It's poo poo like this that make me laugh at his tombstone being a park bench.

His family truly hated him.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Anybody post this yet?

Artie too sick to fly to rehab; still in Jersey hospital.

Turns out his nose is swollen because he got punched by bookies:

quote:

His arrest came on the heels of a bizarre incident when he tweeted a picture of himself looking disheveled with a swollen nose. Lange later admitted he was punched in the face by bookies.

Lange is still due to return to court on February 23.

Also, I'm guessing he's rehabbing right now in the hospital?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

God Bless that weird fart. :allears:

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story, real briefly?

I'm still surprised that mic didn't pick up people asking if he shat himself. That was obnoxious to the point where you wonder if you should be concerned about the person on a medical basis.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Howard didn’t fill Artie’s chair because he’s been on autopilot for a long time.

That, and I imagine he doesn't want to bring up comparisons or deal with possibly another nutcase.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

I like Howard's comment today that Imus looks like the sheriff of a leper colony.

He looks like either one of the zombie cowboys from House II: the Second Story.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

Even if listeners somehow liked Imus and agreed with his politics or thought he was funny (hard to believe), how could they listen to his show? The man could barely talk for the last decade or more of his career. When he was in his sixties he sounded like he was a hundred, speaking so slowly and wheezing and slurring his words. I couldn't tell what he was saying half the time. I would think the bare minimum for any broadcaster is to be able to talk clearly into a microphone.

I think you could sum up Imus by posting a pic of him in that utterly pathetic cowboy getup. Seriously, what the gently caress was up with that?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

prefect posted:

Eric believed just about anything. He's the guy who unironically called WWE wrestlers "superstars" and "divas".

Yeah, didn't he throw a fit over the Chris Benoit story because of that?

Edit: I suddenly remembered this existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qu_Ix9xvd8

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

I can picture Richard giggling in the bathroom as he records his diarrhea noises while his mother in law does all the baby work.

Nah, Richard would be raising that kid right by teaching it how to thrash to metal right out of the womb. And learning to love Halloween.

And prank calls. Let's face it, that kid has a good chance to be insanely awesome or just insane.

Lifespan posted:

The paternity leave stuff is where Howard shows he is old. He freaked out about Shuli's time off (that was provided by their own employer) because he feels the mother should be taking care of the kids and the father bringing home the money. I honestly wonder if he is going to "punish" Richard for his time off by taking away some responsibilities or giving him less say when he gets back. Seems like something he would do.

Does it matter? I mean, Richard is probably going into old age still pranking shows of his own free will and doing metal and stuff.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

kylej posted:

Make sure whoever you pick as the executor of your will is also a neutral party if possible. When my grandmother died, she made her oldest daughter the executor and it became a huge cause of drama among the other children.

It's really remarkable how quickly people change when they smell money after someone dies.

Oh hell, this is the absolute truth. My paternal grandparents passed in late 2020 and my dad actually got assaulted by my oldest aunt because she had some mad idea that since she had 'caring' for my grandparents a few times in their last years that she was owed their house which she planned on giving her daughter for free. Then it turns out that there is no will because they were taking my grandmother's word on this but since she was deep into dementia said will probably doesn't exist at all. So my parents, who had to care for my grandparents when they were put into care, had to deal with everything on their own as my oldest aunt declared herself 'an orphan' and my youngest aunt soon lost interest when they money wasn't coming fast enough.

Everything was finally dealt with less than a month ago, but the damage is done. I doubt I'll ever talk to either aunt again despite them getting a low five-figure amount at the end of this, and my parents went through hell and back just dealing with this. My sister reached out to my cousins for their help in finding a house and found out that my oldest aunt had lied to them about this whole process claiming that my parents shut everybody out of the process and.....yeah, so get a will. Get it.

So, speaking of the dead and ungrateful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVjANUYbypU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

barnold posted:

this is apparently eric's dad. he looks exactly like the kinda guy who would be a stickler for mileage on the car

imagine being insanely religious and god-fearing and then your handicapped son is on the most popular radio show in the world talking about loving hookers at the bunny ranch lol. to be honest I can kinda understand why they weren't thrilled

I don't think he's thrilled at anything in this world, he looks catastrophically miserable.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Love how the short hair suddenly gives Howard a shorter and thicker neck.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Jesus.

You'd think if he was going the 'professional interviewer' route he would hire a real stylist to give him a makeover to make him look.....normal? Not like a hobo? Maybe make his face work to his advantage? I don't know. But not that.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

“This rose is symbol of the fact that it symbolizes that my heart is as pure as the gold. You are as beautiful as the rose.”

Does anybody else read that as being a Hans Moleman line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Are thinking of loving her chubby rear end in a top hat?

Wow, has it been ten years since Eric died? I wonder if his tombstone is still a glorified bench.