Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Gr31lly posted:

MrBling: Sathanas I guess.

Seconding. I love Thy Dark Heavens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Snagged Vreid's new album from The End for 5.87 with shipping. Use the discount code Dirty

Pretty pumped, Vreid is loving great

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Wow! Just found out I get to see Skeletonwitch and Kvelertak on tour together next month. gently caress yeah!!!

Oh poo poo yeah, totally going to this.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Just saw on facebook that Zoroaster is being added to those Kvelertak/Skeletonwitch tour dates

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Celestial Lineage is my favorite album by them, so it's a pretty high note to go out on.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Sad to see one of my all time favorite death metal bands call it quits. They had an amazing run

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Kvelertak, Skeletonwith, and Zoroaster tonight. gently caress yeah

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Wyzt posted:

This show was some fun times. Zoroaster drummer is one of my favorites to watch live, he hits those drums so loving hard. Last time I saw them with Weedeater he broke a stick 15 seconds into the first song. Kvelertak was also surprising entertaining live, more so than I expected.

Only problem was the venue in chicago is this hole in the wall bar(WHICH I LOVE, loving greatest venue, nunslaughter show and eyehategod show there were two of the best ever)....that is in the middle of hipsterville so the entire crowd for the Kvelertak show were hipsters who show up just for something to do.

Yeah it was a loving awesome show. Even the two local bands, October and Liquified Guts, were pretty enjoyable. I was standing probably 30-40 yards from the stage during Zoroaster's set and still my whole body was vibrating, absolutely nuts

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lordblytzkrieg posted:

It's probably something to do with the way he died, rather than the fact that he was a musician who died. How many Pete Steele memorial concerts have there been this year? Not many I would imagine.

Which is a shame

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Psycho Mantits posted:

For Isis-type stuff, check out Pelican, Cult of Luna, and Neurosis (who basically created the whole "post-metal" sound, and are really drat good in their own right).

Can't really help with the others.

Adding Buried Inside to this list

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Dooz posted:

Mithras is a wonderful lesser-known band that plays spacey atmospheric death metal. Definitely one of my favorite recent finds.

Mithras is the best. Can't wait for the new album to drop

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Metal Loaf posted:

I saw Alice Cooper last summer when he performed at the Odyssey Arena in between Thin Lizzy and Def Leppard. Admittedly I'd gone for the headliner (since I'm a hopeless melodic slush-rock fan), but there's no question that Alice Cooper stole the show.

I'm not sure if he's still interpolating "Another Brick In the Wall" into "School's Out"; it's a nice touch. He did that when I saw him, and it cracked me up.

I saw him way back in middle school and he put on such an amazing loving performance. Probably still the single most fun show in that way that I've attended.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Frank Caskelot posted:

The Mantle, hands down. Personally, I think their other albums are good, while The Mantle is excellent.

Seconding this. I love all of Agalloch's albums, but The Mantle is a few steps above any of the others. Probably my favorite all time

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Welp, I just watched the official video for Storm Corrosion's "Drag Ropes" and I dunno if it's a combination of being tired and having had a tough week, but I got more than a little depressed by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=manW5v-AR7U

Didn't really think I'd dig this too much but after giving it a couple listens it's a really cool song. That video is pretty amazing as well

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
http://www.vice.com/read/atlas-hoods-botswanas-cowboy-metalheads?Contentpage=1

This is a kind of cool article that looks at some of the clothing styles arising from the Botswana metal scene. Pretty rad duds.

And some accompanying music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVXs7EBaHA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OhOV6NVzSI

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Tad Morose is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUlcpMGy-m8

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MrBling posted:

literally the best power metal band/album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFtyxDdE4h4

Also, this is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ6uGxHnsKM

Unification is like peak german power metal.

aaahhhh hell yeah

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Haggins posted:

I go every year regardless but last year I wasn't too excited about the lineup. This next year looks like it's off to a pretty drat good start. I'm glad they're breaking their unwritten no power/trad heavy metal rule by bring Manilla Road in.

With that rule now broken I think it'd be bad rear end if they could get King Diamond and Running Wild for next year. Both just got back to touring this year after a long hiatus and would be awesome for MDF.

I wanted to go to MDF so bad last year but extenuating circumstances didn't make it possible. The lineup is already off to an awesome start for next year though so I'm really going to try and make it this time

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Wyzt posted:

I asked him about it when they played Chicago a year ago, he said something to the tune of thats pretty much over, that was a razorback records thing. Acid Witch is no longer on RB, and it doesnt sound like he plans on doing anything more with Horrific.

That's really unfortunate, the Horrific album is awesome.

Also require a new Acid Witch as soon as possible. Acid Witch is the loving greatest

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
No Pittsburgh date for Napalm Death. Bleh.

At least I have the option of going to see Kvelertak and Torche. Altar Bar has been putting up some good shows for the fall, they have a Morbid Angel/Grave/Dark Funeral date in September and Deicide is also coming in October

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Got my copy of Agalloch's new EP Faustian Echoes in the mail today and it's pretty rad

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Qu Appelle posted:

Apparently, Wintersun is now on tour. In the US. I want to go just for curiosity's sake.

A Pittsburgh date? Sick. Going to have to try and get to this

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Also here's a cool new sports center commercial that is relevant here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USHZZ5bwASU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Holy gently caress MDF.

16 and Tombs are doing a tour this fall and there's a Pittsburgh date. So loving amped for that show

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
If that Morbid Angel and Grave tour comes anywhere near you, go see it. Seriously.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Funholy posted:

MDF 4-day passes for both Soundstage and former Sonar are sold out.

Probably Thursday will be the next to go (BOLT loving THROWER), so I would get on that.

christ, already? I was hoping to go this year :(

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Gamma Nerd posted:

Apparently there's gonna be a new Mithras album this December, which would be great since Worlds Beyond the Veil kicks tons of rear end.

It's about loving time

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Nordick posted:

New Agalloch song! Didn't realize their next album is so close, coming out in May! Can't loving wait.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/16772-agalloch-celestial-effigy/

Between this and the new Down may is going to be a cool month

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Went to see Mastodon tonight, and I'm so glad I got there in time to see Gojira. Hadn't really listened to them aside from a couple songs here and there, but they blew me the gently caress away. Absolutely incredible.

Going to this concert next Friday and I'm real pumped for it

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Saw Mastodon, Kvelertak, and Gojira tonight. It was a really great show. Kvelertak and Gojira were both unreal live and had a lot of energy, Mastodon just felt flat after them. Kvelertak's singer came on stage with wearing a taxidermied owl as a helmet

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I don't know if I missed it or what but Eyehategod has a new album out. I'm digging it.

They're coming here in June and I really want to go but god drat a show on a monday night sucks

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I haven't posted in here in forever but god drat the new Borknagar album is so loving good it hurts. It's really cool hearing Garm, Vortex, and Vintersorg all together on one album

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
the new Mithras album is the best thing in years

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Gorilla Radio posted:

Besides Drudkh, what are some good Ukrainian bands I can support by giving money to?

Speaking of which, a new Drudkh song just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSgsTC7vE4

I'd also give highest recommendations to White Ward and 1914 as far as other Ukrainian bands.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Flinger posted:

Imaginations through the looking glass live dvd. Enormous crowd that knows every song and every lyric, band at top shape. If that won't sell blind guardian to you nothing will.

Or even just listening to Live or Tokyo Tales. One of the few bands who are even better live, which is crazy considering how great they are recorded. I got to see them right after they released Beyond the Red Mirror and it was a religious experience

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

ultraviolence123 posted:

New Acid Witch has been out for a few days and it's very good. I think I like it better than Evil Sound Screamers.

The only thing better than Acid Witch this time of year is the yearly seasonally appropriate listen through of Type O's October Rust

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Varg posted:

Anyone at Metal and Beer Fest in Philly this weekend? Just kinda realizing now how stacked tomorrow's lineup is

Another wonderful decibel fest in the books

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Varg posted:

Eyehategod was my favorite of the weekend, Take as Needed for Pain all the way through was so fuckin good. First day Frozen Soul, Undeath, Worm and Gorguts all killed it. My buddy and I left after a few songs into TBDM because neither of us were fans and we were honestly bored.. they just do nothing for me :shrug: Second day I thought All Out War was very impressive, Incantation Diabolical Conquest set was amazing, and it was my first time seeing Suicidal Tendencies so that was a lot of fun and my body is still very sore now.

mostly agreed, eyehategod, incantation, gorguts, and worm were definitely the standouts. Undeath sounds like a death metal version of Madball. not a band i would buy albums of but would go see live because it was stupid kind of fun. frozen soul i missed completely though because i wanted to get food from the outdoor grill and hang out in the smoking section bullshitting with random people for awhile

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Omnikin posted:

Got out to a show last night and caught UADA/Possessed, which was an interesting little duo. UADA are loving great live, and I did not know the lead singer for Possessed has been in a wheelchair since '89. Crazy poo poo. Fun show.

They're coming here this weekend (as is Moonspell) and I'd had both shows as definite must gos. But then I went to the venue they're performing at for the first time earlier this week to see Harakiri for the Sky, Ghost Bath, and Unreqvited and the venue was an absolute poo poo hole in a bad way with the worst acoustics and sound mixing i've ever born witness to. I'm just going to save my money instead of going and having a lovely time because the only audible thing is the god drat drums. This place is now hoovering up like 80% of the metal shows coming to the city and it's a really depressing future to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Groke posted:

Candlemass still good live? That makes me happy.

Saw them last year and they were loving awesome.