Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Marf Revus posted:

Clearly you haven't seen Futuresport

Not quite rollerball, more 'running with dog skulls and hitting each other with sticks'. But it is a futuresport and very fun movie

I love these cheesy old movie posters from the 80s that totally isn't ripping off an homage to that scene in Predator which came out two years earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I just want to know how the hell that's supposed to be Drew Barrymore. It doesn't actually look like anyone. It's just a generic, airbrushed blonde person with a surprising number of neck tendons.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It looks like he's sitting on a floating dentist's chair or a barber's chair.

The way his feet stick out is ridiculous. I can only imagine, in the real world, how irritating that would be. You'd constantly bumping into things and people.

Or he's going in for a pap smear.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cage posted:

Dont think this is a poster, probably just a dvd cover but its still terrible. Get it, the hair is parted the other way! Click for huge.

I would say that this completely succeeds as a poster because looking at it, I'm pretty sure I can guess at least 90% of what happens in the movie.

It also guarantees that I will never watch a second of it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Yodzilla posted:

The music in the trailer is goddamn amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMoeKdPxdo

It's just as bland and predictable as I had hoped. :allears:

Okay, that's actually dumber than I had expected. I knew there would be an identity switch, but thought it would be "Crazy twin somehow swaps places with his psychiatrist brother and teaches him a valuable lesson about compassion, but not before having some fun with him" or some poo poo. Cue the old inmates in charge of the asylum wacka wacka shtick and everything falls into place from there.

Maybe even a little homage to Crazy People where the inmates show us how they can still be valuable contributors to society.

I wasn't expecting "The insane are completely unable to function in the real world because crazy is just another way of saying retarded." I bet there's even an hilarious scene where he has sex with his brother's wife and it totally won't be rape or anything.

Remember when everyone thought Brendan Fraser was going to be the next big thing?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Skwirl posted:

quote:

The patriarch of the family, an ornery ex-con himself, must rely on his wit and understanding of the racist mind to find a plan to free his family, but not before he confronts his own brand of bigotry and anger.

tl;dr Probably not Trayvon Martin

Am I reading this wrong or are they going for, "Black dad is an angry racist, too." Because, when you think about it, African Americans are just like neonazis :jerkbag:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Hat Thoughts posted:

I find Brendan Fraser kind of endlessly likable in the way this video suggests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98HEGgwgVok

Same here. Any time I see him in a movie I know I'm going to find him absolutely likeable and probably goofily charming. It really is a drat shame he's not in better movies.

MikeJF posted:

...[/i]how?[/i] How was this approved? How did they get people to star in it?

Is this one of those movies that was okayed as a tax writeoff?

I see these trailers and can only assume they go around gyms and pick whoever's working out with their shirt off or in the tiniest pants and offer them money for a few days work.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Good lord, I had a huge crush on Mia Sara for the longest time. Legend and Ferris Bueller's Day Off were two movies I watched countless times growing up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ShufflerZero posted:

"Yeah, someone here ordered a bad actress?"

Holy poo poo, that frog is wearing a goddamn eyepatch!

I need to see this movie now.

Also need to see this. It looks like the most insane movie ever made.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Emperor Zombie turns up in all the strangest places.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Distorted Kiwi posted:

The least-flattering portrait of Karen Black yet!

Oh my god! Boob lady, what's wrong with your face?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
God I loving love that movie.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

All I can see with this latest batch of posters:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Allen Wren posted:

Forgot this one, which is a loving classic.

To be fair, the Super Van was a pretty cool looking car:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

drat, but between his nose and his creepy mile/teeth, he looks like a young Mr Burns.

Nckdictator posted:

Someone get grandpa off the computer.

After reading that quote I went hunting for that review on IMDB because I was certain it had to be a joke.

Then I saw that this guy has 1458 reviews!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm pretty sure that if you try hanging someone with the knot at the front it's less 'lethal' and more just 'very annoying'.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The MSJ posted:

I like the concept, but it's better without the bigfoot face.

That's not a bigfoot, it's a tundra dweller!

Desperado Bones posted:

Is this a trend? Just curious.

If it's even half as good at Troll Hunter I'll go see it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Once you see it, it definitely is a limp cock and balls.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

fatherboxx posted:

Continuing with the posters to Strugatsky adaptations, Hard to be a God, 1989 and 2014 versions:

Hard to Be A God, featuring the Highlander and the Kurgan?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
He's also one of those actors who always keeps working no matter what.

Like Michael Caine on Jaws 3: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Forgall posted:

I've only just noticed there's even a cross in that poster.

Well Cameron's a creationist shitheel, so that movie is probably less a comedy (like the poster makes it appear) and more like 2 hours of him screaming at the camera about how all the gay atheists are ruining America.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

achillesforever6 posted:

there is historical evidence that the Romans made it up there.

Unexpected statuary penises?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ShufflerZero posted:

Teen Wolf Also

For some reason I find it incredibly annoying that they just photoshopped (or whatever the equivalent was back then) all the book titles rather than spending $10 to have their art department mock up a few dust covers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ShufflerZero posted:

Isn't this whole thing a painting? Kiimo, we need your expert opinion!

I think it's just airbrushed to hell and back. Werewolf or not, that is no face which exists in nature.

Fake edit - drat, the more I look at it the more I can't tell anymore.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

TheFallenEvincar posted:

See, that's how you do it. Learn from this, screaming Terminator guys.

I wonder, exactly how effective is a flamethrower against an enemy made out of metal?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Improbable Lobster posted:

They actually just shoot everyone with flamethrowers in the future. If you have a skeleton underneath than you're a regular human but if you have a robot underneath you're a terminator and have to be killed.

Ahh, like the old Inquisition trick of throwing suspected witches into a lake with weights tied to their feet. If you float, you're a witch and get dragged out and burned alive. If you sink, you were an honest god-fearing person and your soul can rest in peace.

Can't fail.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I bet it's a lot more than those made before then.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Oh hey, it's the new Final Fantasy game.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I think it's still my favourite MST3K movie, too. Which is saying something.

I always feel bad laughing at the illuminati conspiracy people. It's so obvious they're suffering from mental illness :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Corek posted:

That's Wilt Chamberlain not Kareem.

I'll never forgive him for appeasing the Nazis.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ShufflerZero posted:

Rice Girl (2014)

Starring: Ian LITHGOW and Joe ESTEVEZ

Reminds me off all the lovely martial arts movies I watched as a kid starring people like Bryce Lee, Bruce Leee, and Bruce Li.

Mind you, Enter You With My Fist was an eye opener for a growing lad in the age before the internet.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

morestuff posted:

Was talking about this movie in another thread, and wanted to share the poster:

I have never seen this movie, does it really feature a werewolf attacking a disabled kid with a baseball bat?

Because I would watch that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Ooooookay.

Very confused now, but definitely going to check it out.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Superchick's having a little trouble keeping it all on there.

Pretty sure it's just a 70s titsploitation movie.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The MSJ posted:

Fan poster for Toho's 2016 Godzilla movie.

Sweet Jesus, this is how you do a movie poster old school style.

Reminds me of the insane giant monster movie movie posters I'd see as a kid.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 6, 2015

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Falcon Punch guy on the right is the only person there who looks like his face is real.

Jewish Justin Bieber in the middle just looks terrible, but will probably get the tweens through the door. And Hermione Granger on the left looks like she was drawn in with pencil. Also, she has ice powers now?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Distorted Kiwi posted:

3-D! 3-D! THRREEEEE-DEEEEE!

I like how the bullets on the lower part of the poster are still in their casing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Because Americans are really weird and creepy when it comes to flag waving.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Every dinosaur movie just got greenlit. Good time to be a dinosaur fan.

Dinosaur superheroes :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Starring Mark Hamill - after the car accident but before the plastic surgery.