Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
All Car Bros videos are proclicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
In French but still cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEKPoZI4gAY

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5rixKSkMQ8

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wally Joyner posted:

Definitely looking forward to next episode's lifted hornet.

It is awesome

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rigged Death Trap posted:

just
goddamn
When the driver actually floors it

When your braking signal is a kilometer from the finish you know you're moving.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

MrYenko posted:

Fans of Stubby Bob: Your faith shall be rewarded. Thus spaketh the Finnegan.

It is a holy poo poo episode.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Platystemon posted:

If you were born before Christmas Day, 1981, the date of your birth is closer to the end of the Second World War than to the present day.

Before 20 January 1988: closer to the flight of Sputnik than to the present day

Before 13 February 1991: closer to the JFK assassination than to the present day

Before 13 December 1993: closer to the Moon landing than to the present day

I was born less than twenty years after WWII ended, less than ten after Korea.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
He had said he was going to register it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rHOcbykgZ4

And it's for sale...

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/snw/d/for-sale-snow-cat-limo/6690774296.html

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cECsj2Bznig

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I love Dave Freiberger talking about LSRs. The guy lives for that poo poo.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
If you have Amazon Prime and have not watched Sentosha: Battle Wheels, you really need to fix that...

Almost a live action Wacky Races.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 26, 2018

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

angryhampster posted:

holy poo poo wtf is this

Japanese semi-celebrities loving around in cars for a pair of other semi-celebrities dressed as daimyos. And at least three of them use their personal vehicles.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Give me one of their old military trucks designed to survive Siberian winters.

ZIL-E167

Will a Tatra T-815 do?

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/jeeps,-trucks-a-bikes-3/tatra-t-815--kolos--121#currency=USD

EDIT:
Hey, they have a ZiL-135 Missile Transporter too!

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/jeeps,-trucks-a-bikes-3/zil-135-rocket-launcher-266#currency=USD

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 10, 2018

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Chevettes, even when new, were made of disappointment and regret. Vile little cars and I'm glad they're now mostly piles of rust and shame.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
A Chevette lasting 50k without holes in the floorboards or the rocker panels is a goddamn miracle.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Brackets inside the crankcase!

Perfectly machined brackets!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bGPZtgeE0E

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I rebuilt the headlights and chase taillights on a Cougar just like that, all old school cams and relays.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Behind the scenes at the Moroccan Desert Challenge Rally. In Dutch but there are English closed captions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuKdmu2uO5M

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 13, 2019

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

https://web.archive.org/web/20171211213958/http://www.aqpl43.dsl.pipex.com/MUSEUM/TRANSPORT/gyrocars/schilovs.htm

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Grind Hard is insane, that car is running on a supercharged snowmobile engine, because why not?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwXvNKmkng

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Dad? I didn't know you had a forums account. :stare:

I grew up on the side of a mountain that's covered in ice 6 months out of the year, so I learned how to hold the clutch on the friction point at stop signs right away.

I learned in a Wisconsin winter and did my road test during a loving ice storm...My dad, "It'll be fine...honest..."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Safety Dance posted:

I love the extremely tiny cow-catcher.

Cat Catcher

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUFKhs_yho

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wasabi the J posted:

I have so many conflicting feelings as a non-spanish speaking mexican born american guero.

but all of me agrees their lowriders are clean as gently caress.

It's weird but awesome. They sure as poo poo respect the rides.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Darchangel posted:

New Project Binky for Patrons. Eat it plebe.
Some fairly impressive (re)engineering to get past issues found getting it ready for that rally they attended a while back.

Plebe version is up tomorrow

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Ror posted:

This made me curious so I googled "longest car ever" and it turns out it's that white one! It cuts off the sweet helipad in the back though.

But I'd rather have that wide boi.

I thought this was the longest one?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Darchangel posted:

I like the cut of your jib.
I grew up with Speed Racer yes, I'm old. Shut up. At least the cartoon is older than I am... by like 2 years.

Agreed. I need to catch up with his channel.

I predate Speed Racer...by a lot longer than two years...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

boxen posted:

It's probably been mentioned before but the Speed Racer live-action movie is awesome and has no business being as good as it is. It's even pretty damned faithful to the cartoon!

It really is. The casting is loving awesome too.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

tuo posted:

Have you ever had the chance to sit in a Countach? Or look into an LMP1 car? While I never had the chance to sit in the later, I once had the chance to drive the former, and let me tell you…the car was not designed for people with legs.

I have driven a Contach. I am 6'1". It was hell.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

A Pacer van? gently caress.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Speaking of onboard air...Normally I consider Garage 54 cheating, but this one is nuts even for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1eImY_amdk

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I look at those and cry, "Why am I over six feet tall!"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Were Grind Hard's offroad Tesla or BMWute at the Gambler?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

Has anyone ITT played around with the AI text to image generators like DALL-E and Stable Diffusion (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000251)? They work pretty well and you can make your own cool car pictures

I tried to make some futuristic illustrations from the 80s of a miata, it seems to have a pretty good idea of what an ND looks like

I'm having trouble getting a specific generation on request, the labeling is probably not that detailed, but sometimes it creates something like an NC or NA/NB too, looking pretty cool regardless.

What prompts were you using?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Hadlock posted:

Can someone do "cadillac brougham 911" and "Citroen Traction Avant 911" please

KozmoNaut posted:

"Aztek Multipla"

Ooookay...

Even Midjourney freaked out on that one

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 1, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Hadlock posted:

2011 Crown Vic Nissan R32 GTR?

Edit: harlequin 2011 Crown Vic Nissan R32 GTR

Sure...

Hadlock posted:

Looks like your finger slipped and you typed 914

I love that the frog Citroen is staged in what looks like champs Elysees Paris too, thanks

I'm afraid to ask, but what happens if you add the modifier

lovecraftian Aztec multipla

Well, let's find out! :science:

Ran it again and added 'tentacles' to the prompt!

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I ran the Cadillac 911 through SD and got this