Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Unlucky7 posted:

I always meant to go ADTRW ambassador and post this in BSS, but I can't decide between posting it in the Funny Panels thread, or the Badass Panels thread.

I mean, yes, they are all humorous, but the art is badass, so...

Just make a new thread, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So wait, most chapters haven't even been translated yet?

88 chapters of the original webcomic that looks like a child drew it.

Everything redrawn is translated and scanned.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The raw of 34 is out. If you cant wait, this is an action chapter and not a story heavy chapter, so you can probably just jump right in: http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/34/

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

AnonSpore posted:

It's a lot of action but the dialogue is great and really important to the chapter. It's one of my favorite chapters from the original and you should really wait to experience it translated first to get the full impact.

I dunno, I sorta had fun making up my own story when I was reading the original webcomic right before a new chapter came out. Just to see how different it ended up being.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

He was just annoyed by a mosquito, its not like he went all out on it.

Lets say you are some Idaho militia man with a gigantic stockpile of weapons to fight the government when they try to repeal the second amendment. Would that insane redneck use the power of his full arsenal to kill a single mosquito? Same deal with Saitama.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

JosephWongKS posted:

Why do people keep forgetting the 100 squats? Are squats the red-headed stepchild of exercise routines?

Everybody always forgets leg day

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

If anyone was on the fence about reading the original, everything is all caught up now.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

international owl day posted:

I really thought the Sea King was one of the most enigmatic villains of all time, he didn't need any backstory, he just started loving people's poo poo up, and Murata's artwork made him imposing as hell and loving terrifying to boot.

The slightly out of focus picture of the Seaking right after he busted through the shelter wall when the low rank heroes were fighting him was really well done as well. You could just barely make out his eyes and incredibly sharp array of teeth, it was pretty terrifying.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Theres another body painting one on his fingers with Saitama and Sonic, but I cant find it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Are you talking about the original version in the Murata thread straight after posts saying NOT TO POST ABOUT THE ORIGINAL VERSION IN THE MURATA THREAD?

Is it really that hard?

When the title of both threads is just "One Punch Man" and both threads are talking about the same thing, yes, it is a little hard.

Its not a coincidence that theres been like 5 fuckups on the last page alone when theres almost never a problem with split threads aside from intentional trolling.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Giggily posted:

I think part of the point of these frames is to highlight the fact that both of these characters are almost always drawn comically off model.

For people who havent read the original, off model Tornado is pretty much exactly how shes drawn by One. I really liked that lil detail.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Normally Id be annoyed at a delay, but when it comes to OPM that just means the next chapter will be 90 pages long and in color.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Look at what just got picked up!

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/209904/mob-psycho-100_v1_ch1_by_no-group

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'm still amazed at how 1:1 the panels are with the original and how drat well they translate to a more solid artstyle.

ONE really has a talent for pacing and panel layout

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

jwang posted:

I found this video made for One-punch Man, and I like it best, especially since it showcases how awesome No-License Rider is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWefSrqDtLE

I hate this video for making me feel old, since that song will never be on the radio again (nobody listens to the radio anymore)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Peep This Yall:

http://bato.to/read/_/269964/onepunch-man_ch37.2_by_nerieru-scans/1

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

sharktamer posted:

That or even just comparisons of the more amazing panels. I've been reading Mob Psycho 100 and ONE can really churn out some amazing panels even if the artistic quality is a fraction of what Murata can produce. Would be interesting to see how good the originals are.

The original is translated on Batoto, just stop reading once youve hit a chapter that you dont recognize. Itll give you an excuse to reread the comic :)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

snucks posted:

What is the likelihood Saitama ate a monster seed by accident and hit the jackpot? Or is it sacrilege to contemplate us ever being given a straight-faced origin of his power?

Until its revealed my headcanon will always be that Saitama broke his limiter with his standard weight training. He was just such a weakling that 100 pushups, sitsups, etc was enough to stretch his body to the limit and bring him to the verge of death

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Before the story ends Saitama is going to have to find someone just as strong as he is, and its probably going to be Blast.

I dont really want it to happen though because once Saitama meets someone as strong or stronger than him it means the storys probably about to end

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So these extra larger chapters how will work for the volume releases?

Very Carefully

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm going to come clean. For several months after I first got into OPM, I was under the impression that in Japan you needed a license to drive a pedal bike, and that nice boy Licenseless Rider pedaled in flagrant disregard of that regulation.

Same here

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Babe Magnet posted:

right? but like... months... lol

I thought it straight up until we started having this convo an hour or two ago. Although in my defense I didnt put a lot of thought into it.

Like I dont think Japan is some sort of regulatory hellhole and you have to get licenced just to put your feet on the pedals, the licence would have just been for operating bikes on major roads or something.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

SpacePig posted:

Wouldn't the bat shatter and the ball disintegrate?

When Goku pitched to Vegeta in the baseball episode the ball disintegrated but the bat miraculously remained intact

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hellsau posted:

Hitmen for Destiny drawn by Murata? Does anyone have some unused wishes from a genie?

Youd need an artist who knows how to do farical comedies, theres not a lot of action in hitmen

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I mean, official release has never been a requisite for me, yet I've never heard of that.

Hes the manga artist character in Jojo who can draw pages instantly

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mordaedil posted:

What respectable scientist doesn't perform experiments on their own body?

Bulma Briefs

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it's like an alternate take on bayonetta

Im thinkin Edea

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

graham cracker posted:

Who would be the worst "artist" to get ahold of the OPM license? I just wanna imagine how much worse it could be.

I vote for Michael Bay's OPM live action adaptation.

Tite Kubo. Lets start this derail up again.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is there anything Murata can't draw amazingly?

Buff men? Check.
Sexy women? Check.
Cute things? Check.
Old men? Check.
Action scenes? Check.
Landscapes? Check.
Robots? Check.
Abstract art? Check.
Western superheroes? Check.

I just can't think of a single thing.

The faces of his family

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I think they could compress the incredibly long martial arts tournament into two episodes without losing a lot. In fact, I hope they do.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

chiasaur11 posted:

He did the art for Eyeshield 21. It's a football manga where every single tactic is presented as the Most Dramatic Thing Ever.

My favorite part about Eyeshield 21 was despite the second main character being a drat kicker extra points didnt get mentioned until like triple digit chapters

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Man with Hat posted:

I've seen it all dubbed on Netflix with no issues in audio desync so I assume they did. I'm in Sweden though so it might just be a region thing.

The Dub was really good. I liked it better than the not dub.

Aside from Genos the dub was really well done. Genos was incredibly bad though.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, Child Emperor killed athlete woman!

That would be enough to make me rip out my hair and rend my garments

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

skaianDestiny posted:

I mean the issue here is they aren't even giving it a chance. It's one thing to watch it and say "nah it's not my thing" and another to say "for arbitrary reasons I'm not giving it the time of day."

I did this with One Piece and "The art is ugly" for a long time

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I think the official translation uses executive? I forget. But yeah, cadre is not a common word and it makes me pause whenever I read it, no idea why they chose that one. Had to look it up but the original Japanese apparently uses 幹部 which executive works just fine for. I guess maybe they were trying too hard to separate the monster association from normal organizations?

Someone who wrote a Japanese to English dictionary in like 1903 defined it as cadre, later references keep carrying it over, and then translation teams who arent that skilled just look up the word, see cadre, and use it without thinking.

There was a Romance of the Three Kingdoms drama in 2010 or so and the people translating it used 'fatuous' a bunch in one scene and I think it has to be the same reason. Why not just say stupid, airheaded, silly, etc? Cuz the dictionary says fatuous!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

RIP Fubuki wearing a floppy witches hat and an intricately lacy dress

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

JamMasterJim posted:

Akagi, and it was actually finished.

Although the stretch from Minefield Mahjong to One Poker was also one night and its like 26 volumes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bucswabe posted:

Speaking of which... did you interpret that scene as her having conjured the meteor out of nothing? That's how I first saw it (as an anime-only guy), but after knowing the rest of the story from reading the manga, it doesn't really fit with her established powers.

She just yoinked a nearby floating rock

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Darth TNT posted:

It's a time honored tradition in the order of the stick thread where, whenever the thread veers offcourse (or time between updates is too long perceived or otherwise) this is said but with the authors name instead of Murata.

I hope Thorsby is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

yum posted:

Some real Evangelion vibes goin on here

I heard Kom Susser Todd playing in my head during the last half of the chapter, lol