Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Friend sent this to me so I have no idea what the context is.

It seems like it's supposed to be a trollish response to someone talking about homosexuality being a choice; then again, I could be sorely mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Regalingualius posted:

:stare:

Perhaps one hell of a calling-out is in order? All I can really recommend is to try keeping it as non-profane as possible, and just civil enough that it stands a chance of her not skipping over it.

loving this. It won't stop her from spouting off stupid poo poo she knows nothing it about nor will it guarantee that she changes her opinion; however, for an instance after she finishes reading it, she will realize how terrible of a human being she is (if only for a split-second). Just make sure you're 100% right about what you put in the post and keep it calm/cool.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Also a drone strike killed Paul Walker

Please, do go on.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Right wing nutso page unironically posts that "For God and Country" picture from Bioshock Infinite.

I must know what the comments for this is like.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Scathach posted:

All I can think of is that it would be ridiculous, inappropriate, and hilarious things to hear.

It pretty much is. I failed my Japanese 101 class, and even I could tell just how terrible it is when a "self-taught" speaker tries to say anything beyond a single word (sometimes even just that). It's even better when they try to speak to a native Japanese speaker (even more so if it's a woman), since they just have to show how much their animes taught them they learned by themselves.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

What if the cake was the opposite? Some horrible white person working at the cake store was all like "Black people talk funny so I'm going to literally write what I hear (as a bigot) on their cake, that'll show them. Learn English in are country!"

"But he has a point, you see."
:eng101:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

StashAugustine posted:

Just had a friend tell me to "man up" and call black people negroes.

Were you trying to make a racist opinion of yours the least racist it could be?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Jesus Christ.

So another friend just posted about car damage with a normal human reaction that doesn't involve murder but the 'suck it up you wanker' reply is just :psyduck:. Is there a full moon today or something? Are not allowed to have basic empathy anymore?

Did you post the wrong picture? All I'm seeing is a guy posting a "calm down and you'll eventually get over it" message a bit too smugly. Hell, the OP is being just as much of an idiot as that guy.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Shannonmcn posted:

When I, an Irish person, think of American history it goes:

Cool stuff about native people
Genocide of native people
Slavery
WWII
MLK had a dream
9/11

And that's it. Something something George Washington (likes to chop wood, thanks Fairly Odd Parents, and is also in Sleepy Hollow) and Abraham Lincoln (I'm on a penny!). John Handcock (lol) means a signature (also from an episode of Fairly Odd Parents).

How close am I to passing High School history?

It's closer to this:
Nothing interesting happens for the first couple thousand years (No, nothing at all)
Pilgrims come because FREEDOM
Founding Fathers do mythic bullshit, including "forging a country to be a beacon to the world"
Civil War happens and we free all the slaves (you're welcome black people)
Gilded age happens, which wasn't actually that bad, and all the bad stuff was from the government
We do almost all the work in WWII defeating the Nazis (and ending poverty)
We keep the world protected from Commies until the 90s when all systems left of technocratic-capitalism are proven wrong
9/11

However, I was raised in the South, so there might be some differences for Northern students.

budgieinspector posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? Is there a WPA-style program in which workers roll watermelons into lakes? With cats? Is there some racist dimension to the watermelon? Or is it just the most obtuse way this guy could think of saying, "Government is DUMB!"?
Maybe it's something about food waste. Maybe I'm just putting more thought into the picture than the person who made.:shrug:

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 17:34 on Feb 13, 2014

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Scarf posted:

Just a few years ago they were complaining that Obama was on the verge of being a dictator.

Now they're idolizing a dictator.

:psyboom:

You say that like it's not something they've wanted all along.

SilkyP posted:

Sort of like SomethingAwful.com.

Except the echo here is "you're a pathetic loser and everyone rightly hates you."

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Toad on a Hat posted:

In all seriousness, I hate "news" organizations (or even people) who say "It's too early to speculate" and then immediately launch into speculation. CNN has perfected that art.

No they have not. Fox News is the master of non-speculation while CNN just uses that line to try shutting down speculation that contradicts the speculation they've been "investigating" nonstop since Wolf's twitter friends broke the news.

Fake edit: Speaking of terrible names, other than being a furry, why would you think Wolf would make for a good name?

Real edit:

Little Blackfly posted:

Presumably being of germanic heriatge. Dolf or Adolf or Wolfgang or Wolfram for instance. A lot of German names work in animal names, like wolves and ravens and bears. I always just figured Wolf's parent's were trying to assimilate while staying true to their heritage, or that his real name was Adolph :v:.

It's a name of someone who belongs to a group of people I don't like because of totally legit reasons and :freep:

Seriously though, I amaze me with my inability to put two and two together.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 03:17 on Mar 11, 2014

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Thigh Gap posted:

I literally spent $300 tonight donating to PP, NAACP, NARAL, and Humans Rights Campaign with her name/email address/phone number.

None for GLADD?

Regardless, this is too awesome. I just wish we can hear a proper reaction from the woman learning that Obummer is giving HER MONEY to his deviant cronies.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Mar 16, 2014

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ratbert90 posted:

The same people screaming a few years ago about how you couldn't remove sanctions from Iran, are now yelling that sanctions are useless. :allears:

It's part of the Chicken-Hawk march to war. First, an action is committed that's obivously an attack on my masculinity the country's ideals that demands a response. The response is a sign of weakness and must be backed by diplomatic actions. Those diplomatic actions are pointless so the military needs to brought in. And finally, everything directed towards the occupying troops is proof that nothing short of a shock-and-awe campaign will keep us safe from who gives a gently caress (we just know they're evil).

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

SteveVizsla posted:

Hey Nickelodeon, this is the guy you have hosting half the shows on your kids channel.

More.

His wife - the mother of his children - is half white, btw.

I'd be okay with this if it had to do with blackface no longer being unacceptable. Of course, it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

TinTower posted:

On the subject of grey-market medical care.

Look at the avatar.

I'm assuming you're talking about the vagina dentata, but I don't get it either way.

Edit:

Segmentation Fault posted:

You could do an entire big ol effortpost on TERFs on Twitter.
Oh, so that makes a little bit more sense.

• Locked thread