Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

BottledBodhisvata posted:

VVV--I'd give it to Machoke maybe, although he's not green.

The shiny version is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
My Porygon-Z is named Vanellope.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Fiend Computer posted:

conkledurr

Conkledurr

Fiend Computer posted:

conkledurr

Conkledurr

conkledurr

You never noticed it's Conkeldurr? (conk + elder)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Darth TNT posted:

I just received an Inkay and immediately held my 3DS upside down, but nothing happened. :(

Inkay evolves on level up, not when traded.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Mega Lunatone is the moon from Majora's Mask.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

CherryCat posted:

I still have my Emerald Sceptile. I may need to breed him and use one of his offspring for Omega Ruby, only problem is I don't know what moves would be best, any suggestions?

Depends on which secondary type, new ability and stat changes Mega Sceptile (which has already been trademarked, along with Mega Swampert, Mega Minun, Mega Plusle, and Megas for the three Hoenn box legendaries) gets. What's good for it now might not apply anymore come November.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JordanKai posted:

Looks like Mega Evolutions for starters are in as well as Kyogre/Groundon+Rayquaza fusions? :confused:

That's super fake.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Magres posted:

Time to break out M-Venusaur to fry all the water 'mons in Hoenn :getin:

Most of them are the Wingull/Pelipper and Tentacool/cruel lines, both of which are neutral to Grass.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Darth TNT posted:

Any bets on which of our current favourite features will be dropped this time?

The Repel prompt.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Magres posted:

Surf is literally the only battle-useful HM I can think of

Waterfall and Defog.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

fade5 posted:

That really is goddamn perfect, hell they could also throw Heatran in there; Heatran's still DPPt (or event) only otherwise.

No it's not, you can also catch it in Black 2 and White 2.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Magres posted:

Defog is an HM? Didn't know that :downs:

I haven't found it in XY and haven't played any older gens since Gen 2 (well, half of Gen 3 but never finished it because I got X)

Not anymore, but it was in gen IV.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JordanKai posted:

Zigzagoon and Linoone are still the coolest* first-route Normal Pokémon in the series so they'll do just fine.

*maybe second to Sentret and Furret

Diggersby tho

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Brick Shipment posted:

Are trumpets still in?

Mega Rayquaza takes the shape of a giant trumpet.

The first and only Dragon/Trumpet type.

The Trumpet type is super-effective against all other types.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JordanKai posted:

Flygon will always be the best three-stage Dragon in my heart. :saddowns:

Ha, it doesn't even qualify as a three-stage Dragon since Trapinch is pure Ground.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FPzero posted:

I hope they include a GBA player/tuner item so we can hear the old tracks too. That was the coolest item in HG/SS and I definitely had it on all the time.

They should also bring Pokémon following you around from HG/SS back in OR/AS.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Widestancer posted:

I'm looking forward to being able to get Deoxys legitimately again. I got it WAY back in the day from Johnson Space Center and would LOOOOVE that!

Deoxys isn't that rare. Heck, you could dowload a legitimate one via wi-fi in B2/W2 not even a full year ago. It came at level 100 with Nasty Plot and Dark Pulse as special moves.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Funkmaster General posted:

Folks, this is going to be the game where you can build a treehouse with a Goodra doll in it.

And maybe people will be able to visit your treehouse over wifi!

I sincerely hope they don't make secret bases Streetpass-only, because I never get any Streetpasses whatsoever. Online or bust.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Emalde posted:

Yeah, anybody who thinks we're getting new megas or anything of the like are deluding the hell out of themselves.

You are the one who is completely delusional if you really think there won't be any new Megas or Formes.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Serebii reports that TPC mentioned in their e-mail newsletter that the Groudon and Kyogre on the OR/AS box arts are new Pokémon, so either Mega Evolutions or Alpha and Omega Formes. Which was pretty obvious from the beginning, but it's nice to have confirmation.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Quagsire committed a cardinal sin by forcing you to evolve Wooper, the cutest of Pokemon. Quagsire is a chump compared to Wooper who is both adorable and huggable.

Swampert on the other hand is the coolest dude this side of Kanto and should run for president.

All Water/Ground types take a bow to Gastrodon anyway.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zuzie posted:

Actually, I'm guessing that the Game Corner in Mauville probably won't appear so there might be something else in its place... But what?

Voltorb Flip 3D

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd be just fine with Amie and super training not coming back, they're quite dull. Or at least change the way you evolve Eevee into Sylveon.

Pokémon Amie was definitely the worst part of XY and I hope it never comes back, not even in Z or X2Y2. Evolving Eevee into Sylveon was such a pain, just replace it with a trade evo or something like they did for Feebas with the Marvel Scale.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sky Battles seem like a very last minute gimmick addition that was probably devised late in development. I would be very surprised to see it again.

They should replace them with Dive Battles in OR/AS.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Darth TNT posted:

Can we cut you?

Only if you know HM01 and have beaten the first gym

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ghost Head posted:

I'm only about 6 entries away from completing the pokedex. I was looking forward to getting that item that increases your chance of finding a shiny pokemon before i realised how poo poo most of them look. They should probably do something about that.

Some shinies actually look better than their regular counterparts, like Chesnaught.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dehry posted:

Pokemon Get TV airs in an hour and 15 minutes and may show the game. Get yourself a TVTokyo stream and prepare for disappointment.

I hope they show off Mega Plusle and Mega Minun

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Level Slide posted:

Well that sure is new footage of ORAS.

By Arceus, I never would have guessed those two Pokémon would be in it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Waffleman_ posted:

Mega Farfetch'd, except unironically.

Edit: The best fanart came from the footage though.

Source is http://protocol00.tumblr.com

That's really dumb and totally missed the point. Groudon can turn water into continents, so it doesn't matter he only started out on a small piece of land.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Darth TNT posted:

Megamanectric is basically Jolteon with coverage.

And yet it still depends on Hidden Power to round out its moveset. :negative:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Meloetta has my favorite in-game event cutscene (that dance in the cafe in Castelia)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Darth TNT posted:

I also wish the cute electric pokemon were better. Dedenne (why does it even learn play rough!) and Emolga! :argh:

Emolga is acually quite good and usable for in-game (I had one with me through all of White 2 Challenge Mode and it was one of my MVPs), and pretty annoying to fight against.

Dedenne OTOH is widely accepted as the worst fully-evolved gen VI mon, sadly. I love its design and type combo, so I wish it was better. It can't even learn the Dazzling Gleam TM, I wonder what GF was thinking with that.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 12, 2014

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Darth TNT posted:

Yeah, as I posted it I looked at Dedenne's TM moves, why doesn't it learn any special fairy attacks? Gamefreak never ceases to amaze in how they can get some thing so right and other things so wrong.

And there isn't even a Hidden Power Fairy as a last resort either... :negative:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

Also, temporary Mega Evoutions are around now that boost underpowered pokemon to Legendary levels for one battle.

Not just underpowered Pokemon, also Ubers like Mewtwo and Blaziken.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Astro Nut posted:

And even if they wanted to keep it, what they could is like a delayed circulation kinda thing. Ie, if you want the super special rare legendary within the first several months after the game is released? Head down to Event X or whatever! However, if you wait till like, the generation ends, or a couple years pass, then delight as you receive a notification - or otherwise discover - that they're now available via the eshop/mystery gifts.

This is a bit naive. Timed events are an incentive to get you to buy the game around launch for instance, not years down the line. They want your money as soon as they can get it. So it's one's own fault if they buy a game like 4 years after it first came out and then complain the downloadable events aren't available anymore. Shouldn't have waited years and years to buy the game then, dummy.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Astro Nut posted:

...Maybe I'm misreading what you're saying in turn, but I think you misunderstood my suggestion a bit. These would be events that become downloadable by the point where the generation effectively doesn't matter so much to Nintendo because the next one is already out. After all, normally the events to get the items or exceedingly rare legendaries in question are events limited to certain locations, so its not like the bulk of consumers have a means to access them anyway. And since we now live in the era of the internet and all, it doesn't seem that it would be too difficult to enter them into the regular download function, rather than requiring people to go off to some space center to nab Jirachi.

On the other hand, I do somewhat get the point of wanting people to actually spend money on the game within the relevant timespan, which is probably the main thing that hampers the idea. After all, one could argue the possibility that such events get rendered moot if even the people who would normally go, decide not to because just waiting a couple years isn't that demanding, especially if the only benefit is just to have the extra pokemon.

Yeah, making them downloadable at a later point would set a precedent and signal that you don't have to haul your rear end to Gamestop or wherever it can be downloaded the first time around, or buy the game in the first year it's out or whatever because after that the download event will be gone forever. It would be great and convenient for us, but bad from a marketing and business standpoint, which is what these events are all about in the first place.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Complexcalibur posted:

Speaking of teams, I'm trying to figure out some way, any way, to get Mega Abomasnow on a singles team without it being a Trick Room team. He's one of my favorite Mega Pokemon design-wise

I don't understand Mega Abomasnow's design. With most Megas you can tell what they were inspired by or what they're based on (e.g. Mega Lucario is a primeval warrior, Mega Manectric is a living thunderbolt, Mega Alakazam is an Indian swami, Mega Heracross is a Hercules stag beetle, Mega Medicham is a Hindu priest, etc.), but Megaboma I just can't figure out. Do those three ice spikes on its back signify anything for instance, or are they just there to look cool? That's fine too, but I'd like it if they had some kind of function, like Mega Blastoise's huge cannon or Mega Pinsir's outrageous/awesome wing contraption. Does anybody have any ideas regarding Megaboma?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Khanstant posted:

I haven't even played BW2 yet, stupid Gamespy. Or rather stupid Nintendo, Gamespy?? Really??

Or stupid you for waiting years and years instead of just playing the game. No offense.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Magres posted:

God damnit gently caress the Wobuffet in the Cafe Le Wow Rotation Battle. I absolutely understand why these loving things are banned in Smogon.

Wobbuffet was only banned (Uber) in gen III and IV. It has not even been OU anymore for two gens now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blaziken386 posted:

Dammit Nintendo, why must you make us wait for move tutors? Why do you withhold them until the 3rd version of the game?

To get you to buy said third version.

• Locked thread