Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I started playing this recently and have made it to earth. Whats the best way to transition to a new primary weapon? My Braton feels like an automatic pea shooter.

e: I should mention I'm building a Rhino. I found some of the blueprints and it looks neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

hexic posted:

The Karak doesn't require a mastery rank so you can build that any time you want and it's a pretty solid weapon. If you're already mastery rank 2, you can also build the Boltor. Both are pretty solid rifles and I used my Boltor up until I could build a Soma with no problems. Make sure to get a spare Serration mod from someone in the clan though.

I think you'll enjoy Rhino. He's probably the best warframe in the game at the moment.

I finished up my Karak, the 24 hour build time was painful. It's funny how a unmodded Karak feels about 3 times as strong as my level 30 MK1-Braton.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

How come when I hit a helmet nerd with this awesome flourishy melee technique, that was probably passed down through generations of Tenno martial arts masters, he doesn't even flinch, but when a helmet nerd kabonks me with his jellyfish launcher I go staggering for 12 minutes.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Are the Akimbo versions of weapons generally worth upgrading to? Also, how do I get that drat serration mod. I have all the other flat +% damage mods, but that one won't drop.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The login rewards are hilariously inconsistent. Yesterday I got 50% off my next platinum purchase, which could save me up to $50 (I'm not going to buy that much, but still). Today I got 2400 exp on my primary weapon.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Daric posted:

I've just started playing this game. I'm using the Volt frame and the basic primary gun. What's the next gun/bow I should look to move to after the first rifle? I have 30,000 of whatever the non-platinum money is called so there's a few things I can get the blueprints for.

The Braton can be bought for, I think, 25k credits and is a strictly better version of the starting gun. The Karak is a good general purpose rifle, but you need to buy the blueprints and build it, rather than just buying it outright, so it will take you at least 24 hours to get. I think Paris/Paris Prime are generally considered the best bows.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Male Man posted:

Excalibur Prime's shields recharge slightly (~10%) faster.

I guess if you're trying to optimize your power to the point where you'd notice that you're probably not playing Excalibur anyway.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ugh, the last mission of the Inaros quest was a turbobitch to solo. The fight wasn't hard so much as it was a massive bullet sponge. Thankfully the door to the tomb didn't actually close so I was able to run back through the level (Grineer had all despawned unfortunately) and open crates for ammo. If not for that I would have had to just hide in a corner waiting for my newly unlocked focus to recharge so I could petrify then beat on him in melee for a bit. Maybe playing as Oberon was less than helpful.

Speaking of foci, what's the best way to use your first lens? I've got a Saryn Prime (first prime frame!) cooking so I was thinking of putting it on her.

PathAsc posted:

I love volt, but when they removed the bonus range from shield it was pretty dumb imo. Of course goatlord waifu needs love the most.

His beastmaster passive is surprisingly useful on derelict survival!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

sushibandit posted:

Focus is really dumb and useless except for the passive "rest of the mission" buff after you use its power once. Zenurik is the only universal tree, because 4 energy per second for the rest of the mission is good on everything.

Yeah, that's the impression I got after looking at the trees. Really wish I had done that before picking but I had no idea the choice was coming up, or what it was.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Rhjamiz posted:

Do NOT have a sentinel equipped for The War Within. Especially not Helios.

gently caress that stupid corridor.

What's up with this? I had one equipped and didn't notice any problems.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i've checked the void relic drop tables, and i understand the rng fuckery needed to get a particular prime piece. however, how difficult is it to farm a particular kind of void relic?

You're probably better off just farming that tier of relic, opening a ton and hoping other people brought the specific one you're looking for. That said, if you really want to farm a specific relic look for a mission that ahs it in it's A rotation rewards rather than B or C.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Being on a team with a Limbo is just the worst. You kinda stand around waiting for him to let you do stuff.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What's up with those common tier +status mods? It's like they originally intended them to be additive but changed their minds and made them multiplicative. 7 drain for +15% status is mindbogglingly awful.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Night10194 posted:

Baro's got Primed Reach, all the electrical dual-stat mods, and a prisma grakata.

For once, I am in no way disappointed.

If I can only afford one of the dual stat mods which would be the best one? Shotgun?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Washout posted:

Do you like boar prime and kohm and build for status chance? If not with shotguns which guns do you build for status? Buy the one for the gun you like to build for status... If plat cost down the road is a consideration the pistol and melee will shoot up to 150 again in a month but rifle and shotgun top out at 70 (you can farm them in naglar but I don't recommend it for sanities sake).

I'd like a boar prime but it sounds like it was vaulted years ago so what are the odds I'll ever get one. I've been using a Hek which super owns and am considering making it my first catalyzed/formaed weapon, but I hear the Vaykor Hek is even better and I'm not too far from getting that.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is there ever a reason to refine relics to anything other then radiant? I guess if you have an arbitrarily large amount of relics and free time one of the lower tiers might be a more efficient use of void traces.

ElegantFugue posted:

Toss the potato in your Hek. The VayHek takes a while to get up to full speed anyway, you'll find another potato before you start getting maxed out Primed mods to push the VayHek to its limits.
Besides, both guns will murder almost anything you can point them at in one shot. It's mostly just a question of how small the category of things not killed in one shot is.

I decided to just blow all my stuff on making my Hek awesomer so I used my potato and bought that mod. It's pretty amazing, completely trivializes that Octavia mission I was having trouble with. Sentients? not when I'm done with them :madmax:

I will say I'm kind of annoyed that primed point blank is a thing that a) I don't have and b) exists at all. Primed Reach is pretty rad though, it got here just as I was finishing my Orthos Prime too.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I was kind of annoyed that the last chance for catalyst was the middle of Sunday night, but then they give out three in one day. Nice.

bring back old gbs posted:

Haven't booted this game up in a year or so, but is there a semblance of a story yet?

The story is hilarious and just sort of comes out of nowhere after you've been playing for many hours.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Jabarto posted:

I'm glad to hear this. I've always liked Oberon (fight me irl) and said his abilities are fine, they just need better numbers.

His 2 needs every number associated with it multiplied by, like, 3 or something. I liked him but his 1 seems like it's basically a single target version of his 4, unless I'm missing something.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'm having not so great luck with Rivens. My first was increased crit chance and status chance at the expense of fire rate... for the Gorgon. My second increases cold, electric and viral damage for the Azima, which sounds pretty cool. So I look up Azima and it turns out I have to login 80 more days before I can get one :emo:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is there some secret mega build that makes that frisbee strong enough to do the tier 3 voids without investing a catalyst?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I remember hearing something about a stream tonight where you could get a free warframe slot, but now I suddenly can't find any info. Anyone know where it is/how to get the thing?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

So in two hours now.

So is that twitch or what.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

While you're still going through the star chart, you shouldn't worry too hard about leveling new stuff / grinding MR, and you definitely shouoldn't put lots of effort into leveling weapons you hate just to get them off the checklist, because right now you're doing it the slow way.

It sounds like you're soloing too, and soloing starchart missions is the absolute slowest, most painful way to level up a bad gun.
When you're solo, you only get xp for a gun by actually killing stuff with it, which means the worse your gun and the longer it takes you to kill stuff, is the slower it is to level it. (You also get xp for a few other things like doing spy objectives, but not huge amounts.)
Meanwhile, if you play in a party, the shared xp from your partymates' kills is evenly distributed between all your equipped weapons, so if you just cart a bad secondary like the bolto along for the ride while killing everything dead with your fulmin, you'll still get plenty of xp for your bolto from all your party mates' kills without having to actually pull it out once. So forget about all that tedious MR fodder for now, and come back to it when you wanna party up with three goons (or even three pubbies) and ultramurder everything in sight. The classic option is going to Hydron or Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and just chilling while someone in a warcrimes frame like Saryn melts a billion grineer faces per second. With a booster from login or sortie rewards, you can get 2 or 3 weapons from 0 to 30 in 6 ESO rounds, which is maybe about 15 minutes of gameplay. Nowadays you also get a pretty large amount of xp for crewing a railjack, too. so another option is to tag along on goon railjack missions and get gobs of xp and railjack loot for hanging out in the ship and manning the artillery/forge.

So don't grind for hours just to get one piddly akbolto's worth of extra mastery points right now, unless you actually like clicking heads with the akbolto.
Do the fun stuff first, and then after all that if you really want to you can dehumanize yourself and face to Mastery grinding with the efficiency of all your endgame tools.

Man I just leveled the bolto/akbolto/akjagara for the mastery points and holy moley what a crappy weapon. It's basically a peashooter with the gimmick of not being hitscan. The Akjagara seemed verging on usable, at least.

But yeah, definitely don't level lovely weapons purely for MR until you're at least endgame-ish.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hope you guys like the conservation minigame if you want to rank up with Entrati at all, since that's most of what you'll be doing to hit rank 1.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

kalam posted:

Can you even do the minigame solely to hit rank 1? You can only get necrilex lures but the son token trades all require additional animal captures which aren't necrilex.

There are animals just roaming around that you can tranq without the lures, so you can get tags from those. I'm waiting for someone more motivated than I am to make a guide because I spent like 10-15 minutes on it to earn around a 1/4 of a token and you need 5.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

KoldPT posted:

Rank 1 is just some fish spines (vitreospina, in caves with red wyrm essence)
Rank 2 is dad + daughter tokens and some blueprints from the dad (they might've meant for this to be built parts?)

Big improvement, 5 son tokens was absolutely brutal just to hit rank 1.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Basically you trade resources associated with the family member for their tokens:

Otak: Mining Stuff
Daughter: Fish Bits (you get these by having her cut the fish so it's sort of a double trade in)
Son: Conservation Tags :fuckoff:
Father: Random crapola you get from fighting in the drift
Mother: Bounties (you just get these, no trade ins required)
Grandmother: Other Tokens

The trade ins are kind of like Ticker in that they are random and refresh every so often.

You then trade tokens to grandmother for rep, and some rank ups also require tokens. The harder to acquire tokens (like Son) are worth more rep but you'll probably just use mother tokens for rep since you easily get a buttload of them from bounties.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 26, 2020

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You need five Avichaea captures.

That's rank 3, which is still required for Helminth tbf.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

DelphiAegis posted:

I was gonna say, that doesn't sound right for Rank2.

Though I've caught half a dozen of the various animals already just by fighting and haven't actively been looking for them. I've only been gated by rep caps at this point so far, and I didn't cap rep before 8pm EST yesterday.

I've captured zero animals by fighting and find them at a rate of like 1/5 minutes when actively looking for them so you must be doing something better than I am.

Johnny Joestar posted:

the grandma tokens are also generally the most worth it, rep-wise, so other than trading them in for her specific weird stuff that's their main use

I wouldn't trade any of the son tokens in for grandmother tokens, but the others are probably worth it if you have the opportunity.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

queeb posted:

I didnt yet! ill hold off since i got nidus and ember

They're both super easy frames to get, definitely save your platinum.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Does anyone know how to actually get that "upload all the data" bounty bonus objective? There's no real indication as to what the upload rate is affected by. The Grineer one also seems really tough unless you have volt or revenant or something constantly killing everything the instant it pops up.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

genericnick posted:

Someone in chat mentioned that Deimos has a lot of enemies that are immune to virus procs specifically, though I haven't checked. That might also explain a lot.

That would explain why I'm killing level 50 deimos stuff slower than level 100 grineer.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Has anyone found a way to get Seriglass Shards other than buying them for 20 grandmother tokens? There are at least 2 father blueprints and the bounty blueprint that require them so maybe save your grandmother tokens if you're interested in crafting them.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dreadwroth2 posted:

Ok I was probably overreacting to the tokens, after actually poking around it seems like I mostly want Granmaw's tokens for maximum rep gains.
DO any weapons get hidden traits from Xaku?

EDIT: I wasn't expecting Deimos to be good for low level frames, that's actually pretty nice for new players.

You can get some sort of throwing knife blueprint that has some bonus, I forget what, when used by Xaku from the tier 5/steel path bounties. Incidentally it requires a resource which I think is only obtainable by trading in 20 grandma tokens so if you're interested maybe don't blow them on rep.

e: actually it's a war fan melee that I guess shoots daggers or something.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 27, 2020

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Honestly if they're going to reduce them further they might as well just make them fully optional at this point.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Victory Position posted:

The new Infested mobs on Deimos are exactly what the faction was looking for in tough and dangerous monsters and I am extremely happy that the worst three types of Infested are nowhere to be found, and I quote:

* The MOA that leaves goop on the ground
* The other MOA
* The Osprey that leaves clouds of poison gas

Though, uh, if Alad V shows up, :gonk:

Fighting them with Grendel is fun. If you run out of energy you start clutching your stomach and vomit out 10 elephant sized centipedes.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dareon posted:

Looking at how to obtain/build Xaku, and I feel like they did it a slight disservice. As Xaku is the remains of three other warframes, it would have made sense if the parts were named after those warframes, or you accumulated fragments of these frames that could be stitched into Xaku parts. Virtually no difference in acquisition, but much more flavorful.

I kinda like that it needs materials from all three open worlds, except for the part where it needs Gyromags. Tellurium and Argon are bad enough, but don't be requiring end-game mats for non-endgame stuff (Don't @ me, if I haven't encountered it yet, it's endgame, I'll fight you.)

Deimos is 97% updated, so back to staring at a loading bar.

They definitely should have just made it like Equinox except with 3 frames instead of 2.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So it sounds like scintillant is supposed to just be lying around on the map? Where tho

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Avynte posted:

like shark said, absolutely save your grandmother tokens to build the weapons. if you've got a short time to play and want to hit rep cap for the day, run a mother bounty or two and you'll have plenty of tokens to turn in. for daughter / son, just do the bare minimum for rank up requirements then specifically chase the stuff you want after. vaults are going through all kinds of horrible buginess and revisions, so i won't try to touch on optimal mech part farming and nekraloid rankups.

Yeah, a tier 5 bounty gives somewhere around 100 tokens if you get the bonuses so that's already better than SU or Ostron bounties without converting to grandma tokens. Simply getting rep for these guys isn't really a problem.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Spent some time farming conservation for Son tokens just for the rank up requirement to drop from 10 to 1.

Just be chill with your Warframe experience. There's no time limit and there's plenty of time to kill regardless as subsuming is a 24h process.

Enjoy the game.

The conservation poo poo is unenjoyable for me no matter the pace I do it at, so I figured I'd just get it over with. The tokens ended up not even being a problem for me, I had something like 40 of the things by the time I finally got the 5 bird tags. I ended up being slow enough for them to remove the requirement for tier one and reduce the requirement for tier 3 so more grandma tokens I guess :toot:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mailer posted:

The weak T3 bounty you need to run for that particular bond has a 20%+12.5%+12.5% chance. This is not what I would classify as impossibly rare, even if you've been incredibly unlucky. Ticker is useful as a bonus and a way to convert unneeded cash and mats into rep but it not required. You will get those bonds, along with a nice chunk of rep and relics, long before you get past the current rank 3 Entrati wall.

In X months when the spawns work and they've fixed mining and the vaults don't bug out and everything is as it was intended, it will still be a slog. I'd explain why but Tuxedo already did. You're trading in the current pain of having to do a lot of bounties to rank up for the eventual pain of having to do a stupid number of bounties (or greater/equivalent time farming every activity for all things) every day.

Edit: Also I keep forgetting about Scintillant, but that's not related to tokens aside from the fact that if you want gear you're gonna be grinding those bounties.

I was grinding standing to the daily limit for a week on the first 2 stages of tier 3 bounties trying to get those and I still ended up getting the majority of the ones I needed from Ticker. Yeah that was probably bad luck on my part but hey plenty of people have bad luck at this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Are people actually finding scintillant in vaults now? I found zero after doing 5-10 triple vault runs and one after doing 3 t2 bounties. The apparent rarity in vaults makes it unclear if I'm doing it wrong and missing it, it's bugged somehow, or it's just that rare.